IVF/ICSI at Guys? Anyone else?

Hiya, I've managed to dodge the flushes so far but I've had a terrible headache this afternoon and I don't suffer with headaches plus, I've been a bit ratty since yesterday !! Otherwise I'm ok!

I think keys right it all goes quiet during the 2ww where are you thinking of going?

How did you get on today?

Hello, only just been able to get on this site as it keeps crashing for me today.
Kazza, i hope the headaches ease off, mine were pretty much constant for 8 days yuck. but guess what - they've gone! The nurse said the injections should cancel out the side affects of the sniffing drugs and I feel back to normal again, and also less forgetful already. I'm really relieved. The scan went well, I have the correct number of cysts and follicles and my womb lining is thin so i've started the injections. I'm having 150 (not sure of the measurement - mg?) and it's just one injection each evening which you can do either in your belly or your leg. At the hospital I did it in my belly even though i'd have preferred to do it in my leg but I had had a completely forgetful morning and had worn really crap underwear! Not that I was trying to seduce the nurse. I also forgot to take all my paperwork as I am actually going bonkers. The injection didn't hurt at all but just felt really weird pushing a needle into my stomach. within a few hours I felt better. I also cut down the sniffers now to twice a day but just one nostril so I will see how I feel after taking them tonight and tomorrow morning. I'm hoping no more headaches.

what else? I should have the egg retrieval in the week from the 6th Feb and the transfer 2-5 days afterwards so the nurse said the latest the transfer should be is the 15th Feb. So we're going to book 4 nights away in Sandwich in Kent and take my mum's dog to distract us from the dreaded 2 week wait. It'll be the 10 year anniversary of us getting together so great excuse to get away.

I have to go for a blood test on Sunday morning, and they will adjust my dose accordingly, and let me know if I need to start going for more bloodtests next week.

I asked what the side affects are of the injections and she said I may begin to feel bloated but that drinking lots of water should help.

hope you guys are all feeling ok, Kazza when do you start the injections, are you a week behind me if so are you starting on the 1st?

Hiya, I'm really glad the scan went well!! How many follies should you have at the end of down regging?

Oh my godhow exciting ! So good that you no roughly when egg collection will be! I go to the hospital next friday which is the 3rd feb so maybe my egg retrieval will be from the 16th?

Good news that the side affects of the synarel should subside with injections!

Great idea if you can get away that will help take your mind off things! I really want to go away for a few days after transfer too will have to have a think about where to go!

Hi Kazza, I have no idea how many you're supposed to have she just said I had the right amount. I'm relieved about the injections stopping the headaches. It was really horrible. Also really excited about the next two weeks & getting a collection of useable eggs. Even if it doesn't work for a BFP this time I won't feel it's a waste if we get a few embryos out of it. But NOT looking forward to the operation. I don't mind the op itself but dread general anaesthetic. I know it's silly but I'm paranoid about not waking up. I've had it before though so just need to stop being so lame x

Glad it all went well yesterday Serena and everything looks good to progress to next step. That sounds really good news about the injections cancelling out the sniffers in terms of side effects

The egg collection op is a bit scary and can't say i'm really looking forrward to it either, but don't worry they do it everyday and i think we're in really good hands, so i'm sure it'll be absolutely fine.

Going to Sandwich for a few days sounds lovely - might have to speak to DH about doing something myself now!!

I called guys about my AF and they said as long as it came before i go in for a scan then that's fine. Then what do you know felt really ropey yesterday with headaches and period pain and my:witch: arrived, so that's good.

Kazza - bet you can't wait to go in next week, i'm sure you'll be in a good position to start the stims to. If you can remember your follicle count then we can compare - it would be interesting to see the difference PCOS v my fairly low count.

I'm counting down - 2 weeks on Monday til my scan, the first 2 weeks will have gone pretty quick so reckon the rest should too. Serena / Kazza I'll just have to be content with your updates for the timebeing to help the time fly by!!

k x

I know the op itself is scary but I am looking forward to that part and the tranfer the most!!! Im soo excited for you Serena!

Key, the time is actually coming around fairly fast, Before we no it you will be stimming!! Where do you think you will go for your break?

I will deffinatly ask how many follies i have next week, so i can compare before and after and also yes it will be interesting to see how you compare!!

Oh i cant wait for the next few weeks to hurry up!!!

Hi Key, I know you are completely right, they do this every day and it’s no big deal – i shouldn’t worry! If I can inject myself then I can let a professional do it!
That’s good news about getting AF, hope you feel a bit better now it’s come. Have you had any more side effects from the sniffers or are you still ok?

Kazza – how are you feeling now?

Hiya ladies,

I'm feeling ok thanks I had a little headache yesterday but not as bad as the day before! And af almost gone, hopefully that will be the last one for the next 9-10 months!!!

Key how you you feeling? Xxx

Hi Serena - Just a quick question - was it the nurse that you saw for your last appointment or your dr? Who did your scan?

Hi Kazza,

It was a nurse - she did everything e.g. the scan & demonstrated the injections & answered my latest list of questions!

Do any of you know if we will need time off after the egg retrieval or will we be ok to go back to work the next day?

My understanding is that you will be fine to go back to work the next day, do you no if its a general anesthetic or if its just this air stuff that makes you go really drowsey? Either way you can go back to work the next day.

im glad its the nurse i dont really like my dr!!!

How are you getting on with the injections? Are they easy to administer?

Hi All,

I hope you don't mind me joining but I too am being treated for ICSI at Guys due to male issue.
I had my egg retrieval yesterday and remember nothing from the actual procedure but have been very sore since and was glad I had told work that I would not be in today.

Sounds like you will all be doing the same over the next couple of weeks. It's nice to have this to share experiences.

Wishing everyone the best of luck.xxx

Yay another newbie to join!!!!!!!!!! More the merrier!!!

How many eggs did you get monkeyfeet? Are you put litterally completely to sleep? What Dr do you have? Wishing you all the luck in the world, please please keep us posted!! xxx

Ahh, thanks Kazza.

They collected 15 eggs of which we found out this morning 11 of which were mature and 7 have fertilised.
I was so pleased as was due to have er last week but over strummed on gonal f so had to coast for 4 days without gonal f whilst having daily bloods in hope oestrogen levels would drop enough tO move to next stage. Fortunately we had the good news we were waiting for on Tuesday when I did final gonal f and trigger!

Now booked for 3dt on Sunday, but this may change.

This may sound crazy but I have no idea who my doctor is! Have mainly seen the nurses...

To answer your question re injections, I was absolutely petrified but they honestly were totally ok. Gonal f you really don't feel a thing at all. Trigger injection also, slight weird sensation when you the fluid goes in but again, really all good.

Is it next week you start stimming?

Oh thanks for putting my mind at rest, i go back to guys on friday when i expect to start stimming. Im paranoid the synarel isnt working as i havnt had many side affects which i no is completely normal!!! Although for the last three days ive had headaches!!

Soooooo good news about the eggs 7 fertilised is a great number!!! Will they let you no on day three whether you should go for a blasto? What will you decide?

Serena has started stimming this week - how you getting on Serena?

I too was convinced synarel not working as headaches were my only really symptom, you will be absolutely fine.

Yeah, decide sunday whether in a position to take to blast, guess we'll do whatever they suggest given we've never done this before.

Good luck with your appt on Friday, I don't know about you but I literally focus in each next appt and it seems to help the process seem a little quicker.

Hope the others are getting on ok too.

Monkeyfeet – it’s great to have someone else in our forum, especially someone who’s a few days ahead who can answer all of our questions! Good luck with the transfer on Sunday, how exciting. What is it that you need to decide with the transfer - I have no idea how that part works, what are your options?

Kazza – the injections are fine and really easy to administer. Unfortunately the headaches are back but I am feeling a lot better generally, much less forgetful and confused, just more tired than before. The nurse was really nice, and she said she’ll be the one I see this Sunday for my blood test which is good. Sorry you're having the headaches too - that's probably enough side effects you don't want more do you?!

I emailed my colleague who has had ICSI and she said she took 2 days off as she was quite sore after the operation, and then it was the weekend so she could rest more. I think I might take the day off after retrieval.

How are you getting on Key?

Thanks monkeyfeet, yeah that's what we will do, whatever they suggest! They are the experts after all! I too focus on each stage I deffinatly think that's helping to pass the time!

Serena glad the injections are going well sorry that those dam headaches are back for you! I don't want more side affects just want to be sure the synarel is working!! I get really paranoid about things my oh goes mad at me! He is too laid back!

We are all nearing the end!! Can't wait!

Hi Serena, sorry to hear your headaches are back, hopefully they ease up soon.

With regards to et, I think it's standard practice that they book you for 3dt but on the morning of 3 days they reassess your embryos and decide whether to take them to blasts in which case transfer is rescheduled for 5 days. Will just wait and see.
The only real decision we have to make is how many to out back in and again I think we will do whatever is recommended which I imagine for us may be just one.

Kazza, perfectly normal to worry about whether it's working given its all going on inside us an we have no way of knowing til scans and Hosp visits what is happening. They seem very good at guys so sure we're all in good hands.

Hope you all have good weekends!

I agree so far my experience at guys has been a good one and I do feel like I can put my trust in what they are doing which is nice because I have read a few posts from a few people on baby and bump who don't feel that way!

They said due to my age they will only want to put one embie back, I will do what I'm told but selfishly I do want two!

Monkeyfeet pleasedo make sure you let us no how your getting on!

Back to ec I thought it wouldn't be too painful maybe I'll book the extra day just to be sure too!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->