IVF/ICSI at Guys? Anyone else?

Sorry, really just wanted to be honest about er as I was so glad I had taken the day after off. By looking over these forums, it really does seem to differ from one person to next. It was not painful as such, just been very sore and uncomfortable bloating and cramping after procedure. I am feeling a lot better today. Some people seem to be up and running around on the same day and others rest for longer. I guess it totally depends in the person.

I'm based in clapham.

No it's great for the heads up!! Claphams not too far !

Do you get daily calls to say how your enbies are getting on??

Hi,

Transfer rescheduled to Tuesday now, fx they keep on developing. Haven't ha daily updates, just 1 day after collection and this morning to cancel today's transfer and reschedule.

Serena how did you get on with bloods today? Hope you're feeling a bit better now.

Hi monkeyfeet, hope it went well today - did you have the transfer?

Hi kazza, how have you been feeling this weekend? Anymore headaches?

I went to the hospital this morning for blood tests & the nurse rang this afternoon to say they were happy with my results & to carry on with 150 dose & 2 single sniffs a day. And don't need to go back until Wed morning when I'll have a scan. So that's good news as I thought I might need to be back there tomorrow x

Hope you've all had a good weekend x

Monkey feet that's great news, means you'll go on for a blast and they carry better rates of success! Fantastic! Fingers crossed for you!

Serena - great news no signs of ohss brilliant news!!

Key how you doing hun xxx

The only real decision we have to make is how many to out back in and again I think we will do

Wow - i'm off the forum for a couple of days and it gets really exciting!

monkeyfeet -great to hear how your're getting on and very exciting that they have recommended you for a 5 day transfer which i think has a much higher success rate. We've got everything crossed for you!

Serena - glad to see that all is going well and they are happy with your progress so far, it must be nice to have a couple of days away from Guys!

Kazza - only a few more days to you start stimming, can't beleive it has come round so quick.

all have been well with me, although i also had a terrible headache on Thurs, Friday & Saturday - nothing yesterday so hoping it was just a phase and won't have it this week. 2 weeks today and we're back at Guys to hopefully start Gonal f.

Re ec i think i'll take it easy day after just in case. How about after the transfer is anyone taking a few days off then??

So glad to hear everything is going well so far

k xx

Hi Key,

I had a few headaches a few days in a row too but they have eased off. I agree i think i will take the day after EC and im deffinatly having a few days off after ET to rest and take it easy, i know they say you can go straight back to work but psychologically i think im doing the embies good by resting!! :)

Key, not long now im wishing the weeks away for you so you can move to the next stage!!

Im really looking forward to friday and hope i can start stimming, Its weird how i have a combination of feeling, excitement being the biggest mixed in with a little worry, and hope!!!!

Monkeyfeet, good luck for tomorrow what time are you booked in for, will be thinking of you xxx

Serena - when did you say your back for a scan? Tomorrow?

Hello Key - we missed you over the last few days! Glad your headaches have gone, hopefully they'll stay away for the next 2 weeks. Then the injections! exciting. have they told you what dose you're starting on? you've probably mentioned it before but I have forgotten.

Hi Kazza, i'm back at Guys on Wed morning for the scan. Then they'll let me know if i have to come in for blood tests on the thurs/fri etc. just a few days and you'll be onto the next stage! is your OH going with you on Friday? Will you get him to do the injections or do it yourself?

Over the last 2 days i've started to get quite achey with what feels like PMT, and i'm a bit worried as it's only day 6. Monkey feet - did you have this?

I wish I was having the scan tomorrow to check i'm not OHSS but will have to wait until Wed. The blood tests were all fine so i shouldn't worry really. The injections make me so tired! I could fall asleep at my desk now. it's not even supposed to be one of the side effects so maybe it's just me! can't wait to go home and it's only lunch time!

Monkeyfeet - great news on the day 5 transfer - will be thinking of you tomorrow x

I've been feeling pretty tired on sniffers so hopefully won't feel anymore tired when it comes to injections, otherwise don't think i'll be able to get out of bed!!

But hopefully your tiredness and achey symptons will go soon Serena, give it a few weeks and we should all be back to normal - apart from hopefully pregnancy symptons for all :thumbup:

Have no idea what doseage of Gonal F i'll be on - the nurse said they will tell me after doing the scan on the 13th.

Hiya,

Serena, from what ive heard from other people i think most people get mild ohss so try not to worry. I have copied an extract about mild ohss and what you can do to help it just in case it is that, but i think most people get mild ohss so dont worry.

SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS WHY IT HAPPENS WHAT TO DO
Mild
You may experience:
- Abdominal bloating and feeling of fullness
- Nausea
- Diarrhea
- Slight weight gain This may be due to:
- Ovaries are larger than normal, tender and fragile
- High level of estrogen (E2) and progesterone in the bloodstream may upset your digestive system and fluid balance causing bloating. Recommended treatment:
- Avoid sexual intercourse
- Do not have a vaginal (pelvic) exam other than by one of our physicians
- Reduce activities, no heavy lifting, straining or exercise
- Drink clear fluids, flat coke, ginger ale, cranberry juice, Gatorade or Ensure

Im going to the hospital on friday with my OH's mum as my mums working and oh cant get the day off!! i think my OH will do the injections im a but of a sissy!

Are you doing your own? When do you have to start using the progesterone supositories?

Key i have been really tired on the sniffs too!!

Im not looking forward to the weight gain bit!!!! Hopefully we just get the bloating!!

Hi all,

Been a busy day on here!

Key, glad your next appt feels like its now coming round, here's to hoping it flies by. Not so good about the headaches but I def had phases of them also
So hope they ease up for you.

Serena, I did feel really bloated and achey whilst on the gonal f which I guess makes sense of its making our follicles bigger but in the same space they normally fit! The nurse said its generally more tender on left side as well as left ovary very close to bowel and can all get a little squashed and feel more pressured.
I over stimulated though as I don't have pcos and they didn't monitor me until just before I was due to go for egg collection initially, so the fact you are being checked every 3 days should be reassuring. Hope yor scan goes well on Wednesday.

Kazza, hope the injection appt goes well in Friday, totally normal to feel anxious and excited but it will be absolutely fine and means your another step closer!
The progesterone suppositories start the day of er and are fairly in invasive in the whole scheme of things. Was petrified of the one that goes up yor bum prior to er (joked with nurse as never ha to out anything up there before! - she must of thought I was a
Loon!) but it was fine.

Thanks so much for all your well wishes for tomorrow. Convinced I have developed mild ohss over the weekend so praying that we a) have embryos that have made it to blast and b) that we can complete transfer once having checked me for ohss.

Will let you know how I get on.

X

Thanks for the OHSS info Kazza - good to know the things to look out for. I guess i wasn't really thinking about that as i have a low number of follicles but need to be aware that can happen to anyone, even without PCOS!

Good luck tomorrow monkeyfeet -here's hoping it all goes ahead as planned.

k x

Key deffo worth looking out for symptoms even if you just drink what they tell just to maybe help with the possible side affects !

Monkey feet, good luck tomorrow will be thinking of you!! I'm sure you will be fine! The coasting probably did you some good x

Haha! That made me laugh out loud!

It's a pre er pain killer... God only knows why they can't make it more dignified in a 'by mouth' format!! It's all good fun this hey.. Got to keep smiling! ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->