IVF/ICSI at Guys? Anyone else?

Vesper - great to hear from you!! Congratulations!! Where did you have your treatments? When did you get your bfp? Amazing news! What symptoms did you get and from how many days past transfer? Or was it natural, there's me assuming! I can totally understand why you feel like you can't be as excited but it is such good news!! I'm excited for you.

Serena - I was a mess over the injection, the nurse was telling me what to do and I was all fingers and thumbs and wasn't really listening because I was thinking about the injection!! So oh mum did it and then I thought, what was all the fuss about so, I will try and do it myself tomorrow.

Monkeyfeet - I'm a little confused, is it the painkiller at egg retrieval that goes up the bum and/ or the progesterone suppositories?

Do you think your feeling some symptoms? How have you been feeling since transfer?

Pain killer at er. The progesterone goes in the more natural one! ;-)

Congrats Vesper on your bfp. Keeping everything crossed for you to have a happy and healthy pregnancy.xx

Hiya :hi:

Haven't been on here much this cycle as thought it would just make it drag quicker and I was just desperate for this one to come and get to today.
Well I had my Hycosy this afternoon and was pleased to find out everything looked perfect :happydance: saline went through my tubes perfectly, ovaries looked great and lining of my womb looked exactly as it should for this stage of cycle. Best of all it wasn't even half as bad as I was expecting, I was starting to feel pretty nervous yesterday, tot he point of even wanting to cancel and then today when I was sat waiting and then went and put my blue shoe covers, hat and zip up cloth thing on :haha: the nervous were really hitting me hard but the lady that done it was so lovely, kept checking I was ok and wasn't in too much pain and to my suprise there was hardly any pain at all. I felt slight cramping when the catheter went in, but i've had worse with periods and I don't even get bad cramps then and since have had no pain what so ever.
I must admit I chickened out and didn't use the suppositories, the thought of sticking them up my bum was too much for me haha :blush: so just took a couple of paracetomol an hour before.

We have our follow up appointment now on 15th Feb so we'll see where we go from there but i'm guessing OH will have to do another SA test before any final decision is made.

I can't believe how far you're all moving along now, hopefully there will be news of a few BFP in the next couple of weeks :dust:

Serena - Good luck with egg collection on Monday
Kazza and Key - how many days now until you'll both have EC?
Monkeyfeet - Wishing you all the luck in the world for test day on the 10th :hugs:

xx

Hi Ladies, my husband and I had our first ICSI at Guys end of Dec early Jan, due to unexplained infertility. I am 26, hubby is 25. We found Guys to be pretty excellent apart from communication and paperwork! I had my EC on 16th Jan, I was absolutely terrified but thank goodness it was a piece of cake. ET was on 21st Jan, and we found out on Wednesday that we are pregnant! We are so over the moon but very cautious, beiging only 2w 5d. Guys really do have great stats. Good luck to everyone xxxx

Vesper - great to hear from you!! Congratulations!! Where did you have your treatments? When did you get your bfp? Amazing news! What symptoms did you get and from how many days past transfer? Or was it natural, there's me assuming! I can totally understand why you feel like you can't be as excited but it is such good news!! I'm excited for you.

Serena - I was a mess over the injection, the nurse was telling me what to do and I was all fingers and thumbs and wasn't really listening because I was thinking about the injection!! So oh mum did it and then I thought, what was all the fuss about so, I will try and do it myself tomorrow.

Monkeyfeet - I'm a little confused, is it the painkiller at egg retrieval that goes up the bum and/ or the progesterone suppositories?

Do you think your feeling some symptoms? How have you been feeling since transfer?

Hey Kezza

I had it here in NYC, and had a 3 day transfer... Symptoms: strong sense of smell, cramping, lower back aches, twinges in the (.)(.), teeny weeny bit of light pink spotting when I wiped one time (which I can only put down to implantation spotting - but I didn't have this during last pg and isn't that common) - I think that's it. Definitely less symptoms than last time. But everyone is different, as is each pg.

Good luck! :thumbup:

Vesper - I'm really pleased for you!! Big congratulations!!

Sugarnspice - first of all big congratulations !! so much for posting here and letting as no of your success! It gives so much hope! If you don't mind me asking, how many eggs did you get and looking at your dates you had a 5dt? Did you put the one embie back?

Tinker bell - excellent news about the hcosy!so glad everything's looking great! Big weight off your mind!! And not a massive gap to wait for the next appointment! Looking forward to hearing from you on the 15th! I too am not looking forward to the bum suppositories!

I started Stimming yesterday they said the earliest egg collection will be is 13th feb depending on my response.

There is one thing that keeps bothering me though, they can never find my left ovary and have to push down on my belly to find it! Why could this be? Yet might right one is easiy o see straight away!

Monkeyfeet/serena - I'm confused, did the dr tell you serena that the progesterone goes up the bum?

Kazzab25- Thank you so much for your congratulations! I am so very happy to be able to tell your our success. At EC (which was 16th Dec) we got 10 eggs, 9 were mature, 3 of which were fertilized. We had a 5d transfer (on 21st Dec) but had two embies put back as they were not quite blastos. So really, we have to wait until later to find out if it may be twins!

Yes, this was our first go. Just noticed you are in Chislehurst, I am in Bromley!

Wow where do I start!!

Vesper - great to hear from you, and even better news that you've got a BFP. I understand why yourervous but there's no reason why this term it will all work out. I'm really delighted for you :happydance: I don't start stimming til 13th as guys were busy after Xmas so had to take sniffers for extra 2 weeks.

Sugar spice -welcome to our little bromley area group, I'm in Beckenham! Again absolutely fantastic news, can't wait to hear if it's twins. But i,'m a bit confused if St was in Dec would you not be about 6weeks now? Plus keep us up to date with your new (much more fun) journey and let's hope we'll be joining you and vesper soon.

Tinkerbell - glad to hear the cosy wasn't to bad in the end and that in a week or so you'll be onto the next stage and hopefully closer to BFP

Kazza how goes the injections? If the do ed on 13th will be same da as I go to start stinking - might see you there

Serena -hope boaster was OK at 2am and enjoy your drug free day. Will be thinking of u tomorrow let us know how it goes

Monkey feet try and hold out a few more days...

Hope you all enjoy playing in the snow to take mind off things and can't wait for next lot of good news :thumbup:

Just noticed auto text has changed a few oof my words - hopefully you can make it out. I like that stimmin is stinking - sounds about right!

K x

Hi key!! Loads happening on this thread in the last 24 hours very exciting!! I am do pleased about hearing some sucesses!!

Did my first injection myself last night not so bad! But I'm on such a small dose I'm worried it's not all going in but it must be!! How mad would that be if we were up there together I'm surprised we have not been up together yet!!!

How many days after everyone began stims did you start getting bloating or pain?

Hi stinky Key, autocorrect is evil but brilliant. i'm always texting offensive things to people. thanks for the good luck messages - feeling quite nervous about tomorrow.

Kazza, well done on the injections, i'm sure it's all going in. it's a really weird experience though becoming an IVF junkie! I started to have pain and bloating after my first blood test which I think was on day 5. re: our favourite subject of the suppository, the painkiller is the only one that goes up the bum and is put in an hour before you leave the house for egg collection. the pessiaries are the progesterone and don't need to go in the bottom end!

Vespa - thank you so much for all of your advice, I have to be honest it did send me into a state of panic but 4000 gallons of water has solved that! it definitely helps & I feel a lot better so thank you for sending me all your advice. it is also a great excuse to eat lots of nuts and cheese x Congratulations on your BFP, I understand why you're apprehensive about getting too excited, but I will be quietly hoping that everything works perfectly this time over the next 9 months x

Sugarnspice - Another congratulations, thank you so much for sharing your good news, it's lovely to hear these stories. It also makes me feel extra positive for monkeyfeet who also had an early blast transferred, so obviously these can still develop into BFPs, just in their own time!

Monkeyfeet - hope the wait isn't too difficult & you're getting your mind off of things - probably easier said than done!

Tinkerbell - great news about the hycosy, looks like it's full steam ahead now!

as for me - did the trigger shot at 2am and could barely keep my eyes open as had been up at 8 for the sniffers. definitely easier to stay up late if you're drinking. Not that I MISS IT EVERY WEEKEND! ha ha. shot was fine, no different to the others really. drank loads of water and it all went fine. spending the day laying around while my husband does all if the cleaning and cooks me dinner. love being lazy. have to get up at 6.30 tomorrow to eat breakfast as I can't have any food or water after 7am. i'm going to be starving by the time I get home! This time tomorrow!

Ok great I'm quite clear about the now thank you!! Im on such a small dose of stims I hope I don't bloat out much!

Best of luck for tomorrow, I will be thinking of you! Glad the trigger is over and you have a lovely relaxing day! Looking forward to your update when your feeling up to posting will you have anymore time off after Tuesday?

The nurse did say if I was in bad pain to call them so maybe you should ring before day 5 if you get bloated? Hopefully it won't happen as they have the right dose x

Hopefully I'll be back at work on Wed but guess I'll just have too see how I feel, but haven't booked wed off x

Don,t think I realised we had to fast all day before ec - that might be more difficult than bum thing!!

Wow where do I start!!

Vesper - great to hear from you, and even better news that you've got a BFP. I understand why yourervous but there's no reason why this term it will all work out. I'm really delighted for you :happydance: I don't start stimming til 13th as guys were busy after Xmas so had to take sniffers for extra 2 weeks.

Sugar spice -welcome to our little bromley area group, I'm in Beckenham! Again absolutely fantastic news, can't wait to hear if it's twins. But i,'m a bit confused if St was in Dec would you not be about 6weeks now? Plus keep us up to date with your new (much more fun) journey and let's hope we'll be joining you and vesper soon.

Tinkerbell - glad to hear the cosy wasn't to bad in the end and that in a week or so you'll be onto the next stage and hopefully closer to BFP

Kazza how goes the injections? If the do ed on 13th will be same da as I go to start stinking - might see you there

Serena -hope boaster was OK at 2am and enjoy your drug free day. Will be thinking of u tomorrow let us know how it goes

Monkey feet try and hold out a few more days...

Hope you all enjoy playing in the snow to take mind off things and can't wait for next lot of good news :thumbup:

Thank you so much for your congratulations, Key24!! I have corrected my mistake, both Decembers were supposed to be Jan... LOL I think it's a little early to be blaming it on pregnancy brain!! :dohh:

I don't think anything can beat the bum thing, can it?????

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->