IVF/ICSI at Guys? Anyone else?

Hi all,

Welcome sugarnspice and massive congratulations on your bfp! Thank you do much for sharing your success. Wishing you a happy and healthy one. Xx

Great news tinkerbell re the hycosy, so excited for you to move on to next stage.

Well done Kazza on the injections!! That's amazing given you were so sure you wouldnt be able to administer them.

Key... Your stinking made me laugh out loud! Love it!

Serena - all the best for tomorrow! Will be thinking of you and let us know how you get on. Hope you're enjoying your day off the meds.

Hope youve all enjoyed the snow and had lovely weekends.xxx

Thanks monkeyfeet, im very proud of myself!! Back tomorrow for the blood test!

Awwww i have been thinking of serena this morning!! Im so excited for her!!

Vesper - I'm really pleased for you!! Big congratulations!!

Sugarnspice - first of all big congratulations !! so much for posting here and letting as no of your success! It gives so much hope! If you don't mind me asking, how many eggs did you get and looking at your dates you had a 5dt? Did you put the one embie back?

Tinker bell - excellent news about the hcosy!so glad everything's looking great! Big weight off your mind!! And not a massive gap to wait for the next appointment! Looking forward to hearing from you on the 15th! I too am not looking forward to the bum suppositories!

I started Stimming yesterday they said the earliest egg collection will be is 13th feb depending on my response.

There is one thing that keeps bothering me though, they can never find my left ovary and have to push down on my belly to find it! Why could this be? Yet might right one is easiy o see straight away!

Monkeyfeet/serena - I'm confused, did the dr tell you serena that the progesterone goes up the bum?

What is it with them wanting things to go up our bums haha :blush: I guess the one you need can't be missed, im glad I managed to avoid doing mine and just stuck with paracetomol.
I'm looking forward to our appointment on 15th now to see what the next step is, I'm guessing/hoping OH will be sent for another SA test and we can get the actual numbers of how low his last count was. I guess depending on if that was a one of bad result or not we'll move onto the IUI or ICSI.

Ooh not much longer then, do you feel like time is dragging till egg collection? that horrible feeling of waiting for something and the days just drag, or has it not been too bad for you? I hope the next week goes quickly.
I have no idea why its harder for them to locate one of your ovaries but I don't think its anything to worry about. At my scan they found and could see one very clearly but had to move the ultrasound thing about quite a bit to find the other and get a good look but she didn't say it was a problem and the ovary (once found) looked at good as the other.

Hope everything went well at egg collection today Serena :hugs: x

Hope everything went well at egg collection today Serena :hugs: x

Hi tinkerbell

I'm sure you will get another sa done then A final decision Decision can be made on what treatment is best for you! God knows why she couldnt find mine!

Serena hope you feeling ok and you got lots of eggies ! X

They had real trouble finding my left ovary too - it took ages, and think it's quite common as the bowel gets in the way.

Tinkerbell hopefully next SA will provide answers and at least you'll now what you're doing next.

Kazza well done on injections - you should be proud of yourself I don't imagine it's easy!!

Can't wait to here how Serena got on today and hope she got lots of great eggs :thumbup:

Kxx

Hello, Thanks for all being so nice. Had EC today and they got 10 eggs, will find out tomorrow if any of them are fertilised. It all went ok and don't feel too sore yet, but that might be because the painkillers haven't worn off yet! The suppository was horrible and I hated it more than the injections. but not so bad I couldn't do it again if I have to go through another round of ICSI further down the line. Felt fine after the op for the first hour, then felt sick all the way home and threw up as soon as I walked through the door. I think it was just from not eating/drinking all day. Feel fine now, watching trash tv on the sofa x

I hope 10 eggs is ok, the nurse said the average is between 6-12, but on most of the forums people seem to have more retrieved. But of course it only takes one, right?! Just worrying in case none of them can be fertilised I guess, but will find out tomorrow!

Kazza - how are you feeling? bloated at all yet? hopefully the blood tests will be all fine and you wont have any pain over the next few days.

Key - 1 week today!

monkeyfeet - I meant to ask, did they freeze any of the blasts after all?

10 eggs is great Serena! Very exciting. Fingers crossed they are all doing their thing overnight, I am sure you will get a good fertilisation rate and look forward to your morning update. So sorry to hear you were poorly when you got hOme, like you say, prob a mixture of the aesthetic and lack of food an water. Rest up now and keep drinking lots!!! Make sure oh is looking after you. Know what you mean about the suppository.. I agree worse than injections but in the whole scheme of things, all of this worth it for our goal!

Xx

No snow babies for me I'm afraid. 1 x embie did make it to blast on day 6 but was degenerate (?). :-( here's to hoping the two inside me are tough cookies and fighting it out.

Hi ladies,

Serena - excellent news 10 eggies is a great number! Looking forward tomorrows update!! I'm am truly dreading the suppositories!

Did you feel anything during the op?

Hope your feeling better today x

Key thanks for that it's reassuring the last two scans I've had the same problem!

Monkey feet I've got everything crossed for you Hun! Can't believe how strong willed you have been with testing!

Well I'm sat Elmstead woods train station now! Having my blood test today, but to be honest I don't feel any different which is now worrying me! What if I'm not on the the right dose!!

Hi Kazza, how was the blood test? Are you staying on the same dose for now?
I didnt feel anything in the operation, bit sore today though. Think I'll prob take tomorrow off as well but see in the morning.

Monkeyfeet, that's a shame about none being frozen but if the ones inside are developing nicely then it won't make any difference in the long run. One more week until you can test, must be tough to not analyse every symptom you have! Are you still taking the pessiaries? I have no idea how long you take them for but I have 30 so I assume it's 2 weeks?

The ACU rang this morning & said they injected 8 eggs & 5 have been fertilised. I asked the nurse if this was good & she said it was very good, but am slightly worried as compared to other people on forums it seems quite low. Just have to hope they develop well over the next few days. They've scheduled the transfer for Thurs morning, but may postpone this to Saturday instead depending on how they're developing. The nurse said she won't be able to let me know until I'm alreadyon my way to the hospital, so going to have to take Thurs morning off just in case! My work's going to love me!

Hi Serena, sorry to hear your feeling sore today, hope you feel better soon. 5 fertilised sounds like a good number to me, how exciting. Im sure if the nurse said its fine then you will be fine!! You only need one and if you go on to a blast you will only need one of them anyway!

I dont no if my dose will stay the same as im waiting for the ACU to call me to let me know what to do, im feeling a bit bloated this afternoon but to be fair thats probably all the water im drinking to help prevent OHSS!

Bit annoying that they cant tell you if your surgery has been cancelled until your actually on your way! Have you told your work what your doing?

Do you remember being awake for the surgery or is it all a bit misty? Im a bit aprehensive about the surgery!

Hi kazza, all I remember from the operation is talking to the anaesthatist when I went in & then waking up back in the recovery area where my husband was. Only took 15 mins! It was completely fine so don't worry about that part.

I started to feel bloated after the blood test too, maybe it's a day 5 thing?! Let us know what they say.

Just told my work I'm going to be off tomorrow & thurs morning (or poss all day) and they were really nice about it. I keep feeling queasy & I'm pretty sore today so think another day on the sofa is best!

Good idea, rest up! Will you call tomorrow to see how your embies are doing or wait until thursday?

No, I asked about updates but they just said they'd ring me on Thurs. Just need to be patient!

Sorry to hear your feeling sore Serena, I think another day chillin out and resting on the sofa is exactly what the doctor ordered!! 5 fertilized embies sound good to me as I'm sure your sick of hearing it's all about quality not quantity! But does seem a bit rubbish that you won't know if having et until actually on the way. How long were you at guys overall for ec is it an aall day thing?

Kazza how did it go at guys - are they keeping you on same dose, and when's your next scan?

Monkey feet only a couple of days to go - here's hoping you see a he beautiful two lines on Fri

K xx

Hiya,

Not too happy they were meant to call before my next injection which is due now and they haven't called so I don't no when I'm due back or if I'm meant to be injecting tonight! Grrrr

Oh no that's rubbish, can you call the emergency number & find out?
If not I guess just take the same dose as before but that's really bad.

Key, we had to get there at 1 for our 2pm operation. I went in about 2.15, out at 2.35 & stayed in recovery until 3.45, so less than 3 hours in total! But it felt all day as got up at 6.45 for breakfast, had to do the dreaded suppository at 10.30, left house at 11.30 to go there. Then had to use the pessiary that night, so weirdly ended up feeling like an all day thing.
How are you feeling on the sniffers now?

Hiya, I phoned the emergency line, they said I should get a call by six which I never so I called again and they said I would get a call by 8.30 still nothing so I took the normal dose! Will call first thing tomorrow! Grrrrrr

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->