IVF/ICSI at Guys? Anyone else?

Kazza can't believe they're being so rubbish - hope you get hold of them this morning and get some sense out of them, but think you did the right thing by taking normal dose until you know more.

So it does sound pretty much like an all day thing for the ec. How you feeling today Serena - getting back to normal? Bet you can't wait til tomorrow to hear if your having a 3 or 5 day transfer - i'm so excited for you!

Sniffers are fine, although have to say am getting so fed up of taking them and Monday can't come soon enough so i can progress to stimms! Still getting a lot of headaches and some flushes (mostly at night) so hopefully that will stop when i start injecting.

x

Hiya

I spoke to them this morning and although my levels are rising there not rising a much as they would have liked so they have increased the dose to 112.5 tonight then back tomorrow for a blood test. Im annoyed because i feel like im a day behind now!!

Key - sorry to hear your still suffering with the sniff, seems like you have been on them for ages and i cant wait for you to move to the next stage! I still get the headaches though!!

Serena, sooo exciting, hope them embies are progressing nicely. How are you today.

Hi Key, that's miserable about the headaches, it seems such a strange thing to give you the sniffers for so long when they must know the side effects are horrible. Hopefully you'll feel better on the injections. Especially as you get to cut down the sniffers. Kazza is right about the headaches still coming though, which is a shame, but for me they weren't as bad. Hopefully you'll be ok too x

Kazza- how annoying about them not calling you? I don't blame you for being mad, hopefully it'll not mean you're a day behind, maybe they'll just give you a bigger dose another day?

I'm feeling better today, less sore & bloated. Looking forward to tomorrow. Do any of you know if you should have theday off for transfer or can you go back to work afterwards?

Hiya I think you can go back to work after transfer as its not as harsh as collection but me personally, I'm taking two days off after transfer to relax!

I wish I'd taken leave off for after transfer,if I have it Saturday it'llbe ok as I have next week off. Do any of you know the difference in having a 3 day or 5 day transfer? What the reasons are & which is better?

Saturday will be great because you can relax from there on!

5 day transfers generally carry a higher rate of sucess. This is because they are formed into the next stage of the embryo called a blastocyst. They can see then see if its a good quality embryo more than a three day.

That said, three day transfers carry a good sucess rate too but they say a blast is better.

This link gives a better deffinition im not great at explaining things!

https://www.ivf-infertility.com/ivf/blastocysts.php

At the info evening i am sure they also said something about a 5 day helping them to see which eggs are better quality if it is not obvious at 3 days, but if they can already tell at 3 days which are the best quality then they can just go ahead and transfer those.

Hope everyone is doing ok with the waiting / injecting / new baby bumps!

Yes it does feel like i've been on the sniffers for ever (23 days and counting!!) but as i keep telling my OH i've been sooooooooooooooooooooooo patient and only 5 days to go til we finally progress :happydance:

k x

Hiya

Key - not long now hung you have been very patient!! Well done to you!

I think because they can see at day three that it's a good quality egg they will take you onto a five day transfer due to the success that's why they said to be if we reach a five day transfer then they will deffo only put one egg back otherwise the risk of twins is too great and they try to avoid it. Although I'd still like twins!

Serena what day of injections did you go for a scan to check your follies?

Hi all,

Serena glad to hear you're feeling better, will be thinking if you tomorrow for the transfer, bit annoying you don't find out until en route. Excited for you to hear in the morning! Serena I went back to work the day after ad honestly felt ok but at the same time really hope I don't end up regretting it.. It's so difficult you should just do what feels right for you. Does your employer know? Mine does and generally very supportive but I am also conscious that I have been in and out for appts for the last 2 months!

Kazza, that is sooo rubbish of guys. I genuinely think fr the most part that guys have been great but boy are they rubbish at admin and coming back to you when they say they will. Sure your upped dose will be fine, much better they get you to where they need you to be eofre booking ec to make sure you get best outcome. Fingers crossed all is good omoerow and you get booked for next stage!!

Key... You have been soooooo patient, you deserve a medal! Just a few days now and you will be on your stims with ec round the corner!

Afm, I am ok, working very long days at work trying to distract myself.x

Thanks monkey feet! Not long now till testing keep busy and the time will pass quickly!

Thanks for all of the info, really interesting. Not sure if I should be hoping for the transfer tomorrow or Sat as both seem to have positives & negatives. That website is really useful Kazza, thanks a lot. Has made me realise that the likelihood is that the embryos might not make it to blast. I'm just hoping that 3 do so we can transfer 1 & have two to freeze as that's what we have funding for.

Monkeyfeet, thanks for the advice about going back to work. My work does know but it's a particularly busy time so although they are being supportive I know they need me at work. Apart from hospital appts I haven't had anytime off during the process, and I was expecting it to be worse. If I have the transfer tomorrow I'll take the afternoon off to sit with my legs in the air like Phoebe in friends & then go back to work Friday. Good luck this Friday, so exciting! I so hope it works x

Kazza, I had a blood test on day 5, and then scans on days 8 & 10. The day 10 scan is when they confirmed the egg collection for day 13.
Do you know when your scans are?

Hiya, the embryos might not make it to blast but that doesn't mean it won't be sucessfull, I think guys hope for a blast but it's deffinatly not the end of the world if they don't because they can go into blast in your belly!! if there not sure they prob won't take the risk of leaving them and put them back on day three but that's ok!

What happens if we don't have any eggs to freeze or they don't survive the thaw will the pct fund another go?

Wishing you all the luck in the world today! Update us later!

Ive not been told when my scan is but the nurse has only dates my med sheet until tomorrow which is day eight so maybe that will be the case for me too. Got another blood treat today.

Hope everyone else is doing fine!

Kazza - hope you find out more at Guys today and that they do a scan to put your mind at rest.

Serena - if you have transfer today hope it goes well and just take the chance to relax in front of rubbish TV this pm!

On my way to the hospital where they are putting 2 embryos in! I don't know whether this is good or bad news but either way I'm FREAKING OUT!

Hope the blood tests went well Kazza & you're back in track.

I feel sick with nerves.

Good luck Serena - i'm really excited for you.

Think i would also be freakin out a bit, as this is what everything has been leading up to, but it will be fine. Now all you can do is relax and let the little embies settle into their new home!!

k xx

Good luck serena, this is fine, you might end up with twins!!!!! It natural to feel like this, all this hard work and this could be the result!!! Excellent woopiieeeeeeee

Did they give you any other information regaring your embies?

plus 3 day transfers are just as common if not more common than 5 days so you do not have anything to worry about. 5 days just means there further along in development but deffo does not mean they are less affective!! Nothing to worry about!!

Thanks Key & Kazza, I definitely freaked out about having day 3 transfer as thought it was a bad sign, but hoping it won't mean that. I feel better now it's done. It was the least romantic thing ever as both wearing hair nets & paper gowns & shoe covers! Very space age!

They said the ones they put in look good and are both at 7 cells (not sure what this means) & said they are grade 3 (3 & 4 are the best qual). The others I think were at 4 & 6 cells & he thinks one might have a good chance of being frozen so we'll find out on Sat I guess. Going to go home & relax now, feel tired from all the excitement/freak out!

What did they say for you Kazza? Did you have a scan?

Im not 100% on the gradings but im sure a 8 cell is perfect and 7 cell is excellent its something to do with when the split but they expect 7 cell on day three. anything lower than a five i think they dnt use! So id say that bloody excellent news!!!!

Great that you could end up with a frozen blast aswell!!!!

How did you find the transfer? was it ok?

blood test today, no scan yet waiting for another call, i hope they do call, im thinking of phoning them at 4 but do you think that would be to pushy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->