IVF/ICSI at Guys? Anyone else?

Hi all,

Sorry it's taken me so long to update, I've come to Scotland to see my oh as he is here this weekend with work and not seen him since ec! Well, I got my bfp and actually tested positive at 8dp and 9dp5dt but was sO frightened to say anything in case I jinxed it and yest was my official test date and I have started spotting. Very scared and think it could well all be over before it starts but managed to get hold of guys today and I am booked in for a blood test on Monday so that they can see if they can work out was us going on. So anxious but nothing I can do so just have to sit it out and hope it doesn't get any worse.

Kazza great news about your 10 follies and rising bloods, sounds perfect And like ec will be just a couple of days away now. I was slightly different to serena and took my last gonal f on the same day as my trigger shot but that's probably because I was coasted for 4 days. So excited for you for Monday.

Serena - how are you feeling? I could think of nothing other than the treatment at this stage and only the craziness of work managed to distract me. Here's to hoping the 22nd comes round real soon.

Key... You are so close now, really excited or you to start stimming and following your journey to the next stage!

Anyways, hope you are all having lovely weekends. Will update you on Monday from my end.xx

Oh my goodness jut re read... 10 either side!!! That's amazing!! You are going to have a great number of eggs from that!x

Congrats Monkeyfeet on the BfP that's so exciting- hopefully the spotting is nothing to worry about and it will all be fine but I'm sure you're in safe hands with Guys on Monday. I actually knew someone who had a full period for 1st mth she was pregnant so didn't know til month two, so the body is a weird thing. But I'm really excited for u and will be thinking of you Monday.

Kazza thought it was funny you asked for an alternative pain killer - I guess its worth a try but there iis obviously no escape!!

Serena - hope your managing to chill and time isn't going too slowly, I'm sure the 2ww is a killer.

I'll let you know how I get on at guys on monday. I'm hoping they might be able to see a few more follicles than last time.

Have a great weekend all and monkeyfeet take it easy and all the best for Monday

K xx

Hi ladies,

Monkeyfeet, that's is fantastic news!!! I'm so pleased I have everything crossed for you!! I'm sure everything is fine lots of people spot early on! I'll be up there Monday morning too! How have you been feeling during your 2ww?

Key, I had to ask I'm petrified that I won't be able to do it!! But there is no way out !!

Good luck for Monday I'm sure you'll be fine! !!

Fingers crossed will get lots of good eggs can't wait for ec now

Monkeyfeet -that is amazing news! Spotting is really common so try not to worry and i'm sure they'll check everything out and reassure you at Guys tomorrow. just enjoy celebrating with your oh, such great news!

i'm good thanks - actually not been thinking about it too much which is nice. The hospital just rang and said none of the eggs were suitable for freezing. bit sad about it to be honest. all my eggs are literally in one basket now! Have to hope this works - not looking forward to another round of ICSI straight away!

Kazza - how are you feeling now? pretty sore?

Key - at last! Just one more day! are you excited now?

Good luck tomorrow all of you! you'll all be up there!

Hiya!

Sorry to hear that none of your embies made it to freeze :( fingers crossed you won't need them anyway! Glad you've not been thinking to much about it! Deffinatly the best way to be!

Monkeyfeet how are you today?

Key 1 more day! Wahoooooo

I'm ok not as painful as I thought just if I sit funny it feels like there being pushed about and a dull ache! Very bloated! Just wanna hurry up and get through ec I'm dreading it!!

Looks like they are running 40 minutes late!! I'm gonna be sat here for ages!!!!

I'm not there til 2.30 so they'll probably be running hours late by then!

Oh no, hope you've been seen now, we must have been there same time, my appt was 9.45 for blood only. Fingers crossed for you both today!x

Yes we would have been!! We could have been sat next to each other!! How weird!!

I have got four or five follies ready and lots of 17 mm so they said ec will be thurs or fri but want to wait before confirming until my bloods back!!

Fingers crossed for you Monkeyfeet !!

Key good luck today looking forward to your update later x

sorry ladies,

if i have ec on thursday would a three day transfer mean going back on the saturday?

How funny.. It was packed so could well have been sat right next to each other!

Very exciting news about your follies being pretty much ready. Yes, if they do ec on Thursday and you then have 3dt they will do it on Saturday. My 3dt was supposed to be on the Sunday.

Serena, so sorry you didn't have any embies to freeze. They've put the best ones are currently tucked up inside you so hopefully you won't need them.xx

Key hope you get on ok with the injection this afternoon. Thinking of you.

Ive just had a call from Guys!!! Im ready!!! im having EC on wednesday!! wwaahooooo

Monkeyfeet, have you heard back yet?

Woohooo!!! Kazza that's great news!! Soooo excited for you. How are you feeling? Have you booked rest of week off or just couple days?

I just heard back too, they're really happy with them levels of hcg from my blood test and thinking the spotting is prob just old blood. Going back Wednesday am or a follow up blood just to make sure the levels are rising correctly. So pleased yet still do cautious. The bad news is... I have to out the progesterone up the other hole for a couple of days invade they are what's irritating the cervix!! Man! Although, frankly... I would do anything right now to make sure this little one keeps on growing!

Key, how did you get on today?

Serena, howre you feeling?

Ive just had a call from Guys!!! Im ready!!! im having EC on wednesday!! wwaahooooo

Monkeyfeet, have you heard back yet?

Yay that's great news :happydance:

Woohooo!!! Kazza that's great news!! Soooo excited for you. How are you feeling? Have you booked rest of week off or just couple days?

I just heard back too, they're really happy with them levels of hcg from my blood test and thinking the spotting is prob just old blood. Going back Wednesday am or a follow up blood just to make sure the levels are rising correctly. So pleased yet still do cautious. The bad news is... I have to out the progesterone up the other hole for a couple of days invade they are what's irritating the cervix!! Man! Although, frankly... I would do anything right now to make sure this little one keeps on growing!

Key, how did you get on today?

Serena, howre you feeling?

Glad to hear Guys are happy with your hcg levels and the spotting is just old blood :cloud9: gawd they do love the bum tablets don't they haha ;)

Monkeyfeet i'm really happy that everything is ok and Guys told you not too worry - that really is great news. Although not such good news about having to put supositories up your bum!!!

Kazza - can't believe the ec is going to be on Weds, I'm sooo excited! I think you're going to have loads of great quality little embies

Serena - like Monkeyfeet & Kazza have said, i know it's frustrating not having any embies frozen but i am sure the best ones are growing nicely right now, and hopefully you won't need any back-ups.

Tinkerbell - hope everything goes well for you on Weds, let us know how you get on at Guys.

Sugarnspice / Vesper - how are things progressing you with both. hope everything is going ok, let us know when you've had your first scan.

All went well for me at Guys - finally had the first injection which i made my OH do as wasn't quite able to myself on the first go. I know i will have to make myself do it - but i wasn't quite ready today!

Scan still showed the same - just 7 follicles in total but they said that as i am still young (that sounds good although at 34 not 100% sure i fall into that category!) my quality should be good. So definately going to end up with fewer embies but hoping for great quality...

I'm on 300mg of gonal f and am not scheduled to go back until Tues 21st Feb. She said earlier ec would be 23rd or 24th - if not early the following week. Am so excited to finally be on the injections, now just want the time to fly until ec day

k xx

Monkeyfeet that's brilliant news you must be so relieved! I am !! I was thinking of you wheni was up there today! I can't believe you have to go through more bum tablets!! ( i like that one Tinkerbell!)

Tinkerbell, deffinatly let us no how you get on Wednesday x

Key at last I'm so glad your finally Stimming! Hopefully this will go quickly it did for me! I was mess over my first injection but now they are so easy!! As they say it's quality not quantity! You only need one good one, and the nurse sounded positive!

Sugarnspice and vesper how you been feeling?

Serena, how ar you feeling? How much longer till testing? I'm too excited for you!!

J honey how are you doing?

I'm soo excited yet so scared about ec!! Can't wait!!

Hello - so much has happened for you all today and all such good news.

Key - that's great that the nurse is positive, and you might respond really well to the stimms & get lots of good quality eggs. It's definitely quality over quantity - although both would be nice. Hope your headaches go now & you feel a bit better now your injecting. How did your OH feel doing the injection, was it weird for him?

Monkeyfeet , that is such brilliant news from your blood test, spotting seems to be really common but must be so scary. Has it sunken in that you're pregnant! I know it's early days & you want to be cautious but it's amazing & first IVF too, it's so exciting for you.

Kazza- ec wed! Brilliant! Are you doing the trigger tonight? Are you going in in the morning or afternoon slot - hopefully morning so you don't have to fast all day! I was so hungry by 2pm that it took my nerves away as all I could think about being able to eat again. That and the bum tablet! When I had my ec on Monday my 3dt was Thurs so I think yours would be Sat. She said ec is day zero. This time next week you'll be in the 2ww! I can't believe you'renot in too much pain/uncomfortable when you're so full of eggs! I was waddling around with my trousers open & a giant rock stomach!

I'm doing good, packing for my holiday on Wed, as it's my birthday tomorrow & will be out most of the day. Can't wait for a few days away. No symptoms or anything yet just big sore boobs butthink that's just a symptom if the pessaries.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->