IVF/ICSI at Guys? Anyone else?

Hi serena ive got the morning slot, 9.15! Triggered last night at 10.30! I can't wait now! I have a massive belly and it just feels like ive done to many sit ups! Bit bruised!

I hope you have a lovely holiday, what a good time to go away!! Hope you have a lovely birthday! I really hope your sore boobs are a pregnancy symptom!

Key what time are you doing your injections I did mine at about 7 pm

Happy brithday Serena - hope you have a fantastic day and really enjoy your holiday.

Kazza- so excited to hear how it goes tomorrow and all the wonderful embies you're gonna have

My OH seemed fine doing the injection, he just went straight ahead and did it - no hesitation or anything. Think i'll try and keep my eyes open tonight, as going to have to do it on Weds as away with work! I'm going to do them early evening about 6.30 / 7pm

Happy birthday Serena! Hve a great day and relax and enjoy your holiday. Where are you off to? Will you be away for your test date?

Kazza, good luck for tomorrow, hope all goes well and you get lots of fab eggs! Will be thinking of you.

Key, you'll be fine with the injection, I promise. I hate needles and was petrified but once you've done it yourself you will be surprised how easy it was. Hope you're feeling ok on them and counting down til your scan.

X

Just logged on quickly to say good luck tomorrow Kazza! Fingers crossed for lots of good quality eggs.

Hope you've all had a good Valentine's day. I'm off to Sandwich in Kent tomorrow Monkeyfeet (nowhere exotic!) so off to bed now. I'll be back on Sunday & test day is Wed. Dreading it being negative.

Good luck with the injection tomorrow Key, you'll be fine. Or you could always ask a colleagueto help you out! Ha ha

X

Did the injection myself last night yeah!!

Good luck today Kazza hope it isn't too uncomfortable and get lots of great embies!

Also hope it goes well for you Tinkerbell and you know what the next steps are

k x

Hiya

Key how was last nights injection!

Just got home I to 9 eggs bit disappointed as I was told I'd get more but 9 is ok! Bit sore looking forward to transfer now! How is everyone!!

9 eggs! That is great Kazza, decent number and regardless, it's quality not quantity! How exciting. Rest up today and hopefully soreness Will pass. Did you get called in at 8.30? If so... You walked straight past me when you were called! Could be wrong but is was another Karen B! So are you provisionally booked for Saturday transfer then they'll let you know on the day?

Serena, have a fab time in sandwich, sounds like a lovely relaxing break to take your mind off things. So hard not to symptom spot and to stay positive but you really should. You have 2 great embryos on board!

Key.. Superb news on the injection - well done. No mean feat with te fear but hopefully should be a lot easier now moving forwards.

Good luck for today tinkerbell. Let us know how you get on.

I am unfort still bleeding and started cramping over night. Taken today to work from home and relax and just trying to not think the worst. I should get more blood results this afternoon and hoping for good news. So scared.

Xxx

Hiya Monkeyfeet, apparently there are two Karen bakers!! Hope they don't get our embies mixed up!!!! I'm worried Daniels sample won't be good enough! We are having icsi though! Not confirmed what day I'm going back think they will call tomorrow!

I went in at 9.15! I hope nine will be ok but like you say it's quality!

Good luck today Monkeyfeet let us no how you are!

Serena hope you have a lovely break!

Key how are you x

ARGHHH! I've wrote a reply 3 times now on my ipad and bloody safari has closed before I managed to post it :evil:

Well, we had our appointment and it could have been better I guess but could have been worse.
We of course already knew to expect to hear OH sperm count was low, but I don't think we quite expected to hear it was as low as it is :nope: 3 million per mil, although good news was that the motility and morphology were completely fine. All my results were normal, so no worries there.
We were really suprised that he won't be sent for another test, I really expected OH to be asked to repeat the test, stupidly neither of us thought to ask why he doesn't need to :dohh:

We were told we can of course continue trying but it's really unlikely it will happen so he suggested IVF.

We were given the application form to fill in, asked to have blood tests to check for HIV, Hep (I think that was it) and I had to give a urine sample for tests.
Were told the waiting list isn't too long at the moment and we'd recieve a letter with our first appointment upstairs in the actual ACU within a few weeks.
Not sure how long it takes Greenwich PCT to agree to the funding and if they have any waiting lists on top of Guy's though. Are any of you girls under Greenwich PCT?
I guess it's just a waiting game now, ahh I hate waiting it drives me insane.

Kazza - Glad EC went ok and they managed to get 9 eggs, hope the pain eases soon and will be keeping my fingerscrossed that there is a lovely, great quality embyro to go back in, in 3 or 5 days xx

Monkeyfeet - Sorry to hear you are still bleeding, really hope the results from the blood test today are good and everything is still going well xx

Serena - Hope you had a great birthday, enjoy your break away and hope you are feeling ok xx

Key - Glad you managed to do last nights injection okm yourself, you will get used to it after a couple of goes. I've been on insulin for 12 years and still remember how nerve wracking it was doing the first few injections, it used to takes me ages to pluck up the courage to put the needle in myself but after a few times I got use to it xx

Hi Tinkerbell glad your results are ok, my oh results we're 5 million per mil with bad morph and motility, does your oh smoke, mine gave up and his count went up to 12.8 million not sure what today's was!

I'm under Bromley pct they simply processed the paperwork and sent it o guys, guys don't have a waiting list asi asked them. I was seen within a matter of weeks. I phoned my pct who were very nice and asked them what there procedure is how long the wait is and how many cycles are funded, maybe give them a call tomorrow. Then you will need to go on the seminar and your appt will be about a week later. Xxx

He has smoked in the past and until about 3 months ago still had the odd one now and then but no, not anymore. He doesn't drink at all, well very rarely anyway, he has been going over and over in his head what he could have possibly done to himself to make it so low :(

Hopefully Greenwich will be just as quick with getting all the paperwork as Bromley were for you, I know it's one cycle that you are funded with Greenwich.
Yeah the Dr today mentioned about going to the seminar and then we'll have our appointment pretty soon after that.

Did you get referred to the ACU at Guy's straight from your GP or were you seen downstairs at the gynaecology/Mcnair centre first?

We're off on holiday in April so I guess we probably won't be starting until we are home from that, so late May/June time.

I was under princess royal in farnborough and we were referred from there. The mocking I think is the worst thing!! But it should start improving now!

All I'd say is keep on top of the pct and guys as they did lose my paperwork! If you call them they will give you a rough idea, the seminars are twice a month I'd say may jus would be about right x

Hi tinkerbell, gla you got on ok. Try not to worry re sperm, my oh was repeatedly less than 1 million! You only need one good sperm to get a good embie!
I'm not with Greenwich but with lambeth and like the others, out referal was really quick, especially if no waiting list at guys. We went via gp, to McNair centre then up to acu. Good luck and here's to hoping you get your 1st appointments through in next couple of weeks.

Kazza, really don't worry re sperm, its loads better than my oh and they would have told you if prob with sperm today and could have done sperm retrieval if really thought would be problematic.
Can't wait for your news tomorrow morning. Hoping you're resting up well.
How funny re 2 Karen bakers on same day! The couple that got called at 8.30 was def Karen baker! How weird! They are totally on it with te whole name and don check so will all be fine.

I got my blood results and hcg has doubled which they say is a good sign. Had the first horrible nurse I have ever encountered at guys though, she was so detached an insensitive, just said if the pregnancy is going to pass it will and there is nothing she can do. Told me off for confusing bleeding with spotting ( I thought spotting was spots and bleeding - bleeding- apparently not!) spotting is old blood and bleeding is fresh. Basically told
Me to go away and sit it out! Sure that is the general message but there are ways of delivering it! Im now away this weekend for a funeral so have been told to go to a&e if gets worse or come back Monday if settled / remains same.
This is sending me crazy now knowing what's going on inside there. Trying to stay positive.

Bizarre I no but thank you for your reassurance!! What a horrible cow! It wasn't Debbie by any chance?? Why don't you seek advice from your gp, as now you are technically at the same stage as anyone else at early pregnancy! Maybe your gp can give you some more constructive advice? Do you have old brown blood or red blood?

Been resting all day feeling drowsy all day and booked tomorrow off work Justin case as I've had a sore tummy all day!

Will do Kazza, I'll give it about a week a ring Greenwich pct to check they have received our application and ask about their waiting times.

Monkey feet what happened once you filled in the application at the McNair centre? Did you and you OH have bloods down there the same day? They gave us a booklet today with a bit more info says on our first appointment I will have an internal ultrasound and we'll both have bloods (although that's for the same thing we had them done for today) what is the ultrasound for? Did you all have all this done at your first appointment?
Sorry to hear the nurse wasn't very nice at all today, nasty cow!

You have all those done on the day so they can do there own checks, see how many follies yo have get an idea what level of Stims to start you on x

Monkeyfeet how you doing?

Key how was last nights injection?

Monkeyfeet/serena what time did the embryologists call was it morning?

Hi tinkerbell, we had all of our bloods done in out wait to be referred to the McNair centre via our gp, and I had my ultrasound done as well. Think it's to check for pcos and fibroids. If you have had your bloods done already, all they will don on the 1st appt is the u/s. although if I remember rightly they spring a sperm analysis on my oh as well! They then talk you through the process and tell you to call on 1st day of af. I was on day 3 at the time but nurse said I could call to see if accepted and I was taken on to list to start next cycle. They then ordered all of my drugs and I started sniffing the down regulation drug on day 21. Once you get through the door it's all very efficient but as Kazza says, admin is not their strong point so you may want to chase or stay on top of them for that.

Hope you're feeling better today Kazza, I took two days also a d was really glad just for the rest.

The blood is brown so classed as old but I just don't understand where is is coming from and its been since last Friday evening now. So scared its going to turn bright red and for the worst. Think I may now have picked up some kind of infection as well ( what on earth do I sound like! I never get I'll!) so will go to gp this am for that.

They do say your immune system goes up the spout when your pregnant, could it be residual blood from EC? keeping everything crossed for you!!

What sort of time did embryologist call you do you remember?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->