IVF/ICSI at Guys? Anyone else?

Kazza that's fantastic news!! 5 good embies now developing ready to go back inside you. How are you feeling? Have they b

Sorry... Posted half way through! Stupid fat fingers!
Have they bOoked you for transfer? You must be very excited.

Xx

Firstly Kazza 5 fertilised embies is excellent news, I'm so excited! I guess you won't know til Saturday if you're having the transfer then or Monday. What time you booked in for on Sat? How are you feeling today after ec - oh and i nearly forgot how did you cope with the whole "bum scandal" as it shall now be known!!

Monkeyfeet - sorry to hear your still spotting / bleeding (i'd have absolutely no bloody idea what the difference is!!), and that you had a bitch of a nurse. It sounds like she needs some training on dealing with people. I'm glad to hear HCG is doubling that's a great sign and really have everything crossed for you that everything progresses ok. Just try and take it easy if you can whilst everything settles down.

Tinkerbell - don't worry about OH's sperm, they reckon that ICSI pretty much sorts out any problems. So welcome to the ICSI club!!! the others have pretty much given you the lowdown on what happens now, but as they said i would highly recommend you chase the PCT paperwork at all stages. Mine got lost from Farnborough hospital referral to PCT (only arrived once i had made sure fax was sent 2 weeks after it should have originally gone). Then it also got lost from PCT to Guys and i ended up faxing my own copy of referral over to Guys. Other than paperwork i think yuo're in pretty safe hands, and won't be long til your starting the treatment too :thumbup:

I have now done my own injections twice and like you all say it is fine and doesn't actually hurt. I don't have a problem with injections normally, but that's when i can close my eyes and someone else does it! But i have got over my fears and it's fine now - so that's a relief.

Still getting pretty bad headaches so can't wait to finally be off sniffers and gonal f but other than that I'm good. Although did anyone else get backaches - i've got it a bit the last 24hrs but it might just be from lugging loads of bags up and down the country on trains over the last 2 days!

I've just got to carry on with 300mg til appointment on Tuesday, when i'm hoping for some good size follicles.

Wow - i've just realised i written a huge essay, sorry all (if your still with me) - being off the forum for a couple of days is tough - I need to get it on my phone but is difficult on a blackberry.

k x

Key - well done with injections, I did get the headaches for a while even with injecting but I didn't notice them during my last week of Stims!! Really looking forward to Tuesday to see if you have lots a big follies!! It's not as bad as you think after you do the first one! I did have a lot of back pain now you mention it especially when my follies were getting bigger!

Monkeyfeet anymore news?

I do hope serena is enjoying her break! Looking forward to hearing from her and hope she gets her bfp!!

Tinkerbell! Icsi is a god send, we had it and it really does not matter if you havea low count!

We have been booked in for sat 12.30 but they said they may cancel and hang it out till Monday as they don't want to put two back given my age! But said if they do day threes will be just as acffective so. Don't mind either way!

I feel much better today, I actually woke u in a bit of pain and needed a drip for it! But today just the odd twinge! I was also really pleased to hear that oh count has gone from 5 million, to 12.8 mil and yesterday it was a normal 22 million with normal motility but the morph was still low but even so things going in the right direction in terms f the future I mean!! I did a prey test today to test out the trigger shot and it's showing as preg so I'm gonna have to buy some cheapies to test it outs. I No I will test early but need make sure the trigger has gone first!!!

Bum tablet - I was getting in a right state Bout it but I went to the loo, and well it was really easy !! I no this horrible but you bum just kind of munches it up!! Hahahahaha but I don't no if this happened to anyone else, it gave me a touch of dioheera (can't spell it)

So now I can't wait to see how ,they are getting on on Tuesday!! Sorry for typos iPad not great for fast typing!!

Glad you're feeling much better - although sounds like you suffered a bit post ec yesterday.

Very good news about OH's sperm count rising, that's brillant.

If they only want to put 1 embie back then you may end up with a couple frozen for future little ones!

All good - a no headache day today!

Let us know how you get on tomorrow, although fingers cross for a 5 day blastcysto - but if you do have the et hope all goes well and you do lots of resting up over the weekend.

k x

I will do thank you! Glad you don't have anymore headaches!!

Hello everyone! Got reception briefly in the bathroom so am now hanging out of the window to write this! Hope it sends.

Kazza - 5 embryos is great. Hopefully they'll all be good & you'll have a blast put in & have some to freeze. How are you feeling now still sore?

Monkeyfeet - that nurse is really wrong to talk to you like that when you're obviously going through a scary time. And everyone would call spotting spots of blood, why would she assume we'd know spotting meant old blood? Hope youre ok & not too upset. I was wondering if maybe if one embryo has implanted but the other didn't could that be causing the spotting?

Key - glad the injections have been going so well & your headaches have gone today. Do they think they'll be able to book you in for ec when you next go in or is it just to check how the follicles are progressing?

Tinkerbell - exciting that you're on to the next stage & all the tests are finally done & you can start icsi. Hopefully if there's not a waiting list they'll start you asap.

Afm - no symptoms at all! Can't help think it's a bad sign but trying not to think about it to much & luckily being away has really helped that. Did have one spot of light pink yesterday & lots of twinges which I know could be implantation but I've had it before & it's never resulted in pregnancy so trying not to get my hopes up. Feel completely normal today!

Better go before I lose reception again but good luck to everyone over the next few days x

Hiya, hope you've had a lovely break away! You couldn't have timed it better! My Bessie mate had no symptoms at allwhen she got pregnant so dont feel disheartened! You have done so well not to test!!

I'm generally better but I can't shift the bloat! Maybe it's the cyclogest?? Iwas hoping for more eggies as I ad 20 follies and 13 big ones but oh well. Do only need one after all! Can't wait to here how they are doing tomorrow!

That's reassuring, no symptoms might not be such a bad thing then.

I dont blame you for being disappointed, they can be almost overly positive at Guys sometimes & with me acted as if it was certain we'd get lots of embryos & enough to freeze for the next try. I think at times it would have been better to have been more realistic. I felt disappointed on your behalf when I read you only got 9 as they'd hinted at around 20. But actually 9 is a really decent no. & 5 fertilised is great, it just seems disappointing when your hopes are higher. Like for me it's actually brilliant I've had 2 embryos put back in yet I felt at et that I should have had more! Crazy! I should be feeling lucky it worked at all! I'm hoping so much all 5 of yours are going strong x

I've been considering testing a day early, just in case it's negative then I'll know for sure. If I wait until wed & it's negative I won't feel 100% certain about it & will test again before stopping the pessaries anyway. But not sure yet. Would almost live in hope 1 more day than know if it's negative! Does that sound crazy?!

Good luck tomorrow x

Serena makes loads of sense! I totally agree they do seem overly optimisitic at times!

I've had the call I'm sitting in the waiting room now thinking they will put two back I'll update properly when I've been in and no more

Glad to hear your having a lovely time away Serena - the perfect thing to try and keep your mind off testing. I think i'll be like you and almost want to hold off testing in case it isn't what we what - just to delay knowing. But look what's happened so far - 3 BFP's, maybe this is a really lucky thread and we'll all get the BFP's we deserve :thumbup:

Kazza - hope everything is going ok for you today, am thinking of you.

Monkeyfeet - really hope the spotting has stopted and you're feeling more able to enjoy the brillant news!

I'm in on Tues for scan and then hopefully they might have better idea of when ec would be. they mentioned earliest would be Thurs (although hope it isn't then as have got a really big work meeting!) or Fri, if not Monday. Can't wait now - although have got used to injections.

not feeling too bloated although got a few very minor tummy aches - anyone else get this?

Was also wondering today when on the 2ww do you have to change diet as if we're pregnant i.e avoid certain cheeses, shellfish etc or not? It's weird the things that go through your mind during this process...

k xx

I've been thinking that if I remember I'll ask!! Sorry post short and sweet I can't think straight ! Need a wee!!!!!

I know what you mean about Guys being overly positive, when the Dr was explaining our 'only option' on Wednesday and I asked him how many rounds we get, well when he said 1 I think my face said it all as he quickly went on to say how it doesn't matter you only need one blah blah as if it's certain it will work. I know he was probably just trying to help us stay positive but surely when explaining it all they should be slightly more realistic.

Hope ET went perfectly today Kazza, did they put one or two back in?

Hiya had 2 7 cells put back need to do some research tonight!! Will post some personals tonight bit rushed today!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->