IVF/ICSI at Guys? Anyone else?

Hi everyone, just a quick updt from me!

Had the transfer yesterday, not feeling too hopefull, had a three day transfer as out of the 5 embies 2 looked ok with seven cells, no grade given, did anyone else get a grade? One was a non starter and they are going to continue to culture the other two which were slow.

I've still got pain down by my left ovary when I laugh or sneeze and it's been 4 days since collection, did anyone else feel like this?

I'm going through phases of feeling really positive and really low!

Oh and guess what, dr Tom did my ec and transfer! I've only seen my dr once!!!

Does anyone know if this is not successful and you don't have any frozen embies do we get another fresh cycle on the NHS?

Monkeyfeet, how are you?

Key how you feeling today on Stims? I asked what we should do during the 2ww and they said avoid soft cheese, shell fish act like you are pregnant.

Serena, not long now till testing, I'm soo excited!

Tinkerbell, how are you Hun?

Hello, I tried to write a reply last night but it logged me out so hoping this works!

Key - just think this time next week you could have had collection AND transfer! Glad your headaches have gone. I was a bit constipated on the sniffers & injections, could this be what's causing your bellyache? Really looking forward to hearing what they say for you on Tues.

Tinkerbell - it is really strange why they are so overly positive. You don't want them to be too blunt or negative (like the nurse Monkeyfeet had) but also don't want to get your hopes dashed either! Hopefully your dr will be right & you'll only need the one round anyway.

Kazza - we are ICSI twins! I completely know what you mean about feeling both positive & negative. I swing from one to the other every 10 mins. I didn't have the pain in my left ovary but still felt a bit sore & periody painy after transfer. I felt better a few days after it though. I had dr Reddy for the transfer & she & the embryologist said 7 cells were very good. It's a shame the others aren't developing though. I feel sad that if this doesn't work for me the next thing is another round of ICSI. Are they paying for 2 rounds for you too?

Today I had cramps & spotting when I woke up, and slightly heavier spotting for the next 2 hours (old blood). I was really upset this morning as felt exactly like I was getting my period. But it's gone off now and the spotting's stopped so I'm trying to be more positive now. If it starts up again I think I'll test tomorrow just to know, but if not I'll wait until Tues or Wed.

Serena that could be a good sign, could be implantation!! Can you imagine if we have twins!!I have everything crossed for you. Did you have Ricardo the embryologist?

Did they tell you why they didn't go to day 5? X

I really hope this uncomfortable feeling subsides! I've been getting period like pains since taking the Suppositories.

Kazza know it's really tough now, but try and stay positive and you never know just thinking it,s worked might help your body make that happen. If you Google 3day 7 cell transfer there are a ton of stories of it working. Also some really interesting stories of people having 5 day bkastocytos with no success, then 3 day transfer of 6 to 8 cells and it working!

I reckon both you and Serena still have a great shot of it working.

Serena hope the spotting is to do with implantation and nothing else - have got absolutely everything crossed for Weds.

And we're all in the same boat that at least bromley pct pay for 2 full rounds, so if it isn't meant to be this time we've still got aanother round to make it happen.

I've just had new sofas delivered so am going to spend rest of day chillin out and wish you all bfp 's and safe early stages:coffee:.

Bring on Tues so I know when ec will be:)

Take care all

Kxx

I'm not sure of the name if our embryologist but he sounded South American- is this Riccardo? We asked why they were doing 3 day & they said because it was clear which 2 embryos were developing the best & therefore they didn't need to wait until day 5. Don't really know why they wouldn't wait for one to blast & freeze the other but he said day 3 transfer of 2 eggs would give us the greatest chance of it working so we just agreed to trust their advice. They told us they were grade 3 so you could prob ring & ask what grade yours were. Did they tell you how many cells your other ones had?
Key's def right& try to stay positive as there are loads of success stories out there - it's just hard with every ache & twinge as it's hard not to overanalyse!
Enjoy of the sofas Key - I'm going to be stretching out too in a minute x

Just caved & did a pregnancy test BFN. It's a bit early & you're supposed to use FMU but I still think it's probably right. I've got really bad period cramps. Will test again tomorrow morning & Wed morning to confirm though. Feeling a bit sad but not too bad but my husbands really gutted.
I'll let you know how I get on tomorrow x

Hi all, sorry I have not commented for a while. Sad news my end, I was hospitalised in Cornwall on Thursday with suspected ectopic after my spotting turned to heavey bleeding and awful pain and cramps. Fortunately I have today had cofirmation that my hcg levels have dropped ( they continued to rise which is why they had to keep me in) so I will pass the pregnancy without need for surgical intervention. So so sad and hit me like a ton of bricks as soon as I got discharged today. Got tO try and say positive and think that it's natures way of ending something that just wasn't right. We only get one go on nhs so next one will be self funded. At the moment we jut need to come to terms with this and see how we go.

Kazza, you are pupo with twins too!! Amazing news. As the others say, sounds like your embies were of good quality and loads of success stories on 3 day transfers with 7 cells. You have every reason to be positive. Relax and enjoy and stay positive. Stress and worry is not worth it. 2ww difficult enough. I felt exceptionally bloated up until day 5 after egg collection then had all manor of twinges/ sore boobs (which disappeared about 3 days before yest date) .. Progesterone makes yOu feel odd and can send you crazy symptom spotting if you allow it.

Key, fab news about your forthcoming collection this week, so exciting and I can't wait to see you get to next stage. You have been so so patient throughout. Keep us posted on how Tuesday goes.

Serena, pls don't lose hope, it really is too early to test positive especially with afternoon wee so stay positive and keeping everything crossed for you.xxx

Wishing you all, all the luck inte world for your bfp's over the coming days and weeks.xxxxx

I'm so sorry to hear that Monkeyfeet. That is such awful news & must have been horrendous for you. I'm so sorry x

Monkeyfeet, I'm so so sorry I'm thinking of you! Can't imagine how you must be feeling! Xxxx

Serena, as you say it is still early!

Key good luck for tues and thanks for info I'll take a look!!

I've been feeling dodgy since egg collection!!

I think I will see if I can find out the grade x

Monkeyfeet - really really sorry to hear your news, i just can't imagine how gutted you must be feeling. I really hope that you can find a way to do another treatment at some stage and get your deserved result.

Serena - don't lose hope yet -maybe you're HCG levels just aren't high enough
Kazza - hope you start feeling back to normal soon and rest up over the next week or so

Wish the dreaded 2ww could fly by for all of you...

Take care all

k x

I've just got my period. I had no idea this was even possible on the progesterone. I assumed the progesterone would keep the period away until you stopped taking it but obviously not. Do you guys think I should still take the pessaries with my period or stop?

Hiya, the hospital expect you to still do your test on the day irrespective of a bleed so I would continue to take them. Phone guys tomorrow maybe and see what they say.

I'm so sorry serena xxxx

Hi Serena,

As Kazza says, keep taking the pessaries, you don't know for sure what's happening. Give guys a call in the morning.

Thinking of you.xxxx

Hi Serena- think the girls are right, you need to speak to Guys today to see what they say

Am thinking of you today

k xxx

Hi ladies , how are you all feeling? been thinking of you xxxx

Good luck tomorrow key xxx

I just heard from the embryologist none to freeze :(

Apparently my embryos inside were grade 3 and 7 cells

Hi Kazza, that's a shame about the embryos. Hopefully the ones inside will be the perfect ones & it won't matter in the long run.

I've still got the bleeding which comes on & off with cramps but from reading the Guys stuff they gave me at transfer it looks like I'll just have to keep on with the pessaries until Wed. Feeling quite down but mostly because of the period pain. Almost want to get it over & done with so I can look forward to the next round & not have it hanging over my head for a day.

Monkeyfeet how are you feeling today? I can't imagine what you must be going through & feel so upset for you. The only silver lining you can take fro
it is that it worked for you, even if it wasn't to be. Hopefully your next attempt will be the one for you and your husband. Thinking of you x

Good luck tomorrow Key, hope it's good news for you x

Oh Serena, I'm so sorry that you are going through this. It's horrible to be feeling in limbo. Lots of people do cramp and bleed in early pregnancy and go on to have a very happy and healthy pregnancy so pls don't lose faith. I am keeping everything crossed for you and thinking of you lots.xxxxx

Kazza, so sorry nothing to freeze, none of us seem to have but I'd much rather they didn't freeze for sake of it so that when they do, you know you've t great quality in the freezer. Like Serena says, you hve the best ones inside you right now so here's to hoping try are clinging in and developing nicely.

Key, best of luck for scan tomorrow! You must be so excited now. Looking forward to hearing when you have ec booked!

Afm, am doing ok. Thank you all so much for your kind comments, i really really appreciate them. I know it will get easier. We are in cornwall So making most of a couple of days by the coast relaxing before the long journey back. I have been signed off for a week so spending week with oh who is freelance and generally works away a lot but left his last piece of work when when I got admitted to Hosp. Nice to have the time together right now. We do hope to start another cycle when we can (think they will make us wait min 2mths) so will just see what happens.

xxxxx

Kazza - sorry you've got none to freeze but am sure the best ones are back where they are meant to be and you wouldn't have needed them anyway!

Serena - understand where you're coming from that yuo just want it to be over one way or another so you can move one, but I am still really hoping that you get the magical bfp on Weds and this is just early pregnancy bleed. If not then they do say that the 1st ivf is a bit of a trial one anyway, so i'm sure you'll have success next time

Monkeyfeet - glad you're getting to spend a few days at the seaside enjoying the lovely UK weather!! But must be nice to just have some time with OH to relax and start to get over the horrible last few weeks. You know we're all thinking of you and sending lots of :hugs:

I'm starting to feel quite bloated and a bit sicky today (i'm hoping this is a good sign that things are developing ok!) - and will let you know how i get on tomorrow at Guys

k x

Hi ladies,

Serena hope AF pushes off soon enough! Did you call guys? As everyone says it could be an early pregnancy bleed, I'm still keeping everything crossed!

Monkey feet, enjoy your break away, do let us no when you can start your next cycle! Chin up chick! A fe purple of months off before starting treatment again will probably do you good!

Key sounds like everythings going in the right direction, can't wait for tomorrows update!!

AFM I'm feeling bit better today! I'm not sad about not having any frozen this time as long as the pct funds another fresh cycle and not a frozen one, I'm sure it is another fresh one though, as next time maybe I'll produce more eggs and get some better quality ones!

Oh Monkeyfeet I'm so, so sorry :hugs: I can't imagine what you're going through. I'm glad you and your hubby can have a few days away together.

Sorry your period showed up before test day Serena, like the others said sometimes woman do get one during their first month (my mum still had them till she was 5 months). If it isn't good news I hope you can start another cycle soon.

Kazza, sorry to hear there were no embryos to freeze but hopefully one or even both they put back give you the result you want and we all want you to get and you don't need them anyway.

It's so strange how you girls get 2 goes under Bromley, I would have thought all SE London PCT's would be the same but I guess Greenwich don't see it worth giving couples 2 rounds :evil:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->