IVF/ICSI at Guys? Anyone else?

Same Number as me Key!!! Good luck!!!!!!!!!

Monkeyfeet, sorry to hear that your still having to suffer xx

Serena, do keep in contact re your appt, its been so nice going through this with you girls, and what ever the outcome for us all id like to think we can all still be there to talk about this whole process with each other xx

Tinkerbell, of course we dont think you stupid!! The thought has crossed my mind about giving up many a time!! Little baby miracles happen all the time!! Keep that chin up x

Key that's great news! The number you had your heart set on too! Safely in the lab doing their thing. So excited for you.xx

I agree Kazza, really ha e liked having all of you girls on here to talk to and follow your journeys. I plan to stick around if that's ok! Would be nice to all stay in touch on here.xx

Me three! Has been great sharing this journey with you ladies and hopefully we'll go on to share bfP's and successful pregnancies t

After the ec did any of you feel like you are bruised internally around stomach area? Sure it's pretty normal but hurts when I moved too muh or cough?

Looking forward to tomorrow will f course let you know how I get on
In the meantime enjoy the beautiful sunshine kxx

I had exactly that and it lasted about 1 week!

Wish I was in the sun, I'm stuck at work!!!!

Good luck today key! Can't wait for the update!!

AFM eight days after transfer bfn! Not feeling hopeful!

Stay positive Kazza, it is too early to test, I only got a faint bfp at 8dp5dt. Chin up and try to distract yourself til Friday.xx

Look forward to your update Key!

Serena, hoping you're doing ok and things are starting to get better for you.xx

Am ok, nature still not taken its course yet though which is really getting me down. Dreading going back to work tomorrow but hopefully will be a good distraction.

Morning!

Key- good luck today, hope it goes well for you. I had similar pain to you & Kazza which went off about 3/ 4 days after transfer. Think I was just a bit bruised from the collection. Let us know how it goes - such a weird & exciting experience seeing them go in x

Kazza - it's early to test so don't lose hope, it can easily turn into a BFP in the next week. Do you have any symptoms?

Monkeyfeet - I really feel for you, it must be bad waiting for something so horrible. I hope you're ok x

Afm I have been so busy at work as my College has Ofsted inspection this week & everyone has lots their minds! I had heavy bleeding for 5 days but it's finally stopped, thank god! Feeling quite positive about the next try but have been enjoying the wine!

Hope you're all enjoying the sunny weekend x

You are so stoic Serena, I admire your 'pick yourself up, dust yourself down' attitude. Glad you are feeling a lot better, bleeding stopped and feeling positive, as you should be, re next try. I too have enjoyed the odd glass of wine last couple of days and hoping work distraction also helps me.
Odd question, you dont work for lambeth college do you?

Thanks Monkeyfeet, that's really nice of you to say that. I think both me & my husband are feeling positive about next try & also about adoption if it doesn't work. I'm interested to see on Thurs when they'll say we can try again.

I work at Lewisham. Is Lambeth being inspected too? Our competition!

From when I spoke to them last week try suggested they just wait for cycle to return to normal to start again so fingers crossed if you felt ready you could start next cycle. So glad they are seeing you so quickly for follow up as you have not really had any medical advice at all and have been left to fend for self. Everything crossed for you that you get good advice and news at spot next week.

Lambeth were inspected last week too. I don't work at the college but in fe recruitment. Hope te inspection went well. I know it can be a very stressful time.xx

Key, how did you get on?

Afternoon all! Well we got woken up about 8.15 by Guys with them saying that all enbies are developing well so they want to go to day 5. I was a bit dozy but did managed to ask what happens if they don't make it but they said at that stage they should be able to tell the most developed and use those. So it is Tues morning now - which works out well and means that we've been able to enjoy sunshine going 4 country walk and pub lunch.

Kazza -it could easily be too early to test yet, so plus don,t lose hope.

Serena - sounds like you're doing good and can't wait to hear how you get on Thurs hopefully it's good news and you can start soon. Plus this time they might have better insight and adjust treatment slightly to get BFP. Must be such a relief that the bleeding has stopted as that sounded awful and i really felt for you.

Monkeyfeet sorry your levels haven't dropted completely yet really hope this happens asap and then bring on 20th march, when hopefully you can try again too

AM bit jealous of you ladies able to have a drink but you completely deserve it - just make sure you have 1 or 2 for me pls :)

Kx

Nearly forgot to ask - did anyone else get a bit constipated on the pessaries? Don't want too lower tone but am trying to work out what's causing it!!!

That is fab news key!! You must be very excited and very nice too tht you have got to enjoy today without a hospital trip.
After egg collection it was about 5 days before I could go to the toilet!! Think it was more likely the bum pessary rather than the progesterone as it ease up free those 5 days. Fingers crossed it will for you too in next day or do. I also had acupuncture night before et and when I woke up on et day I felt so much better, all the soreness and ovary swelling/ discomfort had gone (and was end of constipation!) who knows whether it was related.

Enjoy rest of your weekend.xx

Ah yes the blasted bum tablets that would make more sense!

k x

Kazza - sorry it was a BFP but as the others have said it is only 8DPT so still really early, will you continue to test everyday until official test day?
A friend of mine has just had IUI and only got the faintest +ive at 8days and that it likely to be twins so I'd say give it another couple of days, though I imagine it's really tough not to cave. x

Monkeyfeet- Sorry to hear mother nature still hasn't done as it should, it must be making it so much harder and difficult for you :hugs: x

Serena - Glad the bleeding has finally stopped and that you are feeling positive for the next try x

Key - Glad you was able to have a nice day with your OH in the sunshine. Thats good news isn't it that you are having a 5DT? I'm sure from the things you ladies have said and what I read in the booklet Guy's gave me 5DT is slightly better than 3DT. Good luck for tuesday x

Key - that's brilliant news. You must be really happy that all of them are doing so well. And to think the doctors said at first that you might not be a great candidate! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you & Kazza x the nurse said to me after collection that the pessaries may cause constipation & to drink 3 litres of water per day to help this. I didn't have it though.

Monkeyfeet - our inspection is this week starting tomorrow which is why everyone was running around like headless chickens last week. We won't tell the inspectors that of course!
Are you back at the hospital tomorrow for more bloodtests? Do you know why your follow up appt is such a long time away?

Tinkerbell - thanks for the kind words!

I've spent the day researching into adoption. It's really interesting & yet another long process but sounds really rewarding. My husband and I have been getting quite excited about it. Obviously we'll see what happens with ICSI round 2 first but its good to start researching now as might be our next step. Ive applied for information packs from various local authorities & Barnados. We'd applied for an info pack from Bromley last year & think we've decided that it isn't really the agency for us. They predominantly want to house children older than 6 & make it clear if you want children younger than 6 it will be a long wait. Just thought I'd share this as some of you may be considering as an alternative or addition to our future BFPs!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->