IVF/ICSI at Guys? Anyone else?

Key fantastic news about your frosties!!! Soon pleased for you!

Tinkerbell! Every stage is stressfull! I stressed over the application! Surely of guys have your paperwork that means the pct has sent it?? And guys have it so that's all good news! Make sure you call Monday!

Guys reproductive medicine team have the paperwork because that's where we filled it in and gave it back to during our appointment a couple of weeks back, by the sounds of it they haven't done anything with it since and are just sitting around like lemons letting it collect dust :growlmad:

Good luck for your appointment today Serena - i hope you get some useful information from Guys about next steps.

k x

Thanks guys, will let you know what they say x

Key - great news about the 2 embryos. Maybe the acupuncture did the trick?! Or maybe the larger doses of gonal f?! Can't wait to hear the results from your 2ww x

Kazza - 1 more day! I think you're going to have a BFP. By this time for me I was in full heavy period swing so I'm hoping the fact you haven't got this means you're pregnant x

Hiya, hope today went well serena!

Thanks for your positivity! I'm not convinced! One more sleep to go!!!

Ps had bad cramps this morning but nothing now maybe the witch is in her way!!

Kazza really hoping AF isn't on way and have everything crossed and double crossed for your BFP!

Great news key about the frozen embies!! Amazing news. Fingers crossed.xx

Serena, how did you get on today?

Kazza... 1 more sleep. I am so excited for you. Have everything crossed and will e thinking of you.xx

Tinkerbell, what a nightmare, guys are rubbish with paperwork. Keep on top often though and you will be fine. As Kazza says, every stage is stressful but they are very good at the actual treatment part. Here's hoping you hear soon.xx

Kazza - cramps might be a good sign! Maybe it's BFP on it's way & not the witch?

Key - how are you feeling? I've got a really good feeling about this for you & think it'll be first time lucky x

Monkeyfeet - how's it going for you? Has it started to progress?

Tinkerbell - hope you hear back soon & are booked on to the info evening next week x

The hosp went ok. They said everything went well last round it just didn't work out so they're going to do the same thing next round as last (eg same level of gonal f etc). They said because we seemed so calm & together we could start again when we wanted, so we'll start again from my next period. They were annoyingly optimistic again & said that everything looked so good for us that really it's a case of 'when' rather than 'if' it works for us. I pointed out that in fact that's not true as we only get one more go at this so 'if' it doesn't work this time then it's never going to happen. She said Bromley is one of the best PCTs as they pay for 2, and I agreed but said it's still not a case of 'when' for us unless we had limitless money & time to go through round after round of treatment. She said to stay positive but it's quite hard when they don't seem to live on the real world & pretend everything's going to be fine when it clearly isn't. Sorry for sounding so stresy but it is reallyannoying to be made to feel if we were willing to pay thousands we would be able to get our child but because we don't have the money we can't. Rant over. Having a bad day. I've randomly started bleeding again & not sure what to make of it. My husband's gone away for the weekend & I'm just feeling a bit jaded by everything x hope you don't mind me sharing x

Oh Serena, totally appreciate why you feel so frustrated. I totally understand what you're saying. I don't think you can understand unless you know it first hand and yes, you can try forever if you have bottomless pit of cash but that def doesn't apply to many. We hve to pay for our next round and fortunately because we have known for so long that it's an option we have managed to put aside some money but it's not something we can afford to do again if it doesn't work next time. Argh!
So sorry you are also on your own and bleeding again. No one explains these things or advises what to expect which makes it so upsetting. Rest up and take it easy and hope you start to feel brighter soon.
On the good side, you can start on your next cycle which at lest reduces the waiting game.
Thinking if you lots and don't apologise for sharing, that's what we're here for.xx

I second monkeyfeets comments! Excellent news that you can start again so soon though! Did you see the dr or the nurse?

I Italy agree with what you said to them! They are too optimistic! You kinda get your hopes up!

Key I have a good feeling for you too!

Tinkerbell, hope you hear from guys soon

Monkeyfeet how you doing Hun?

Afm I'm prepared for bfn but don't think oh is! Im not positive about ths one at all!

Oh Kazza, i'm so sorry.

I hope you and your OH are ok x

Hi ladies

Just wanted to pop on to say sorry to Kazza, Serena and Monkeyfeet. :hugs:

Monkeyfeet - so sorry hun. Are guys monitoring you to make sure your HCG is dropping? Will you do another cycle at guys?

Serena - your plans for adoption are truly inspiring. And lucky your PCT covers more than one cycle. Would you consider doing a cycle privately?

Kazza - be kind to yourself :hugs: Does your PCT also cover more than one cycle?

I have to say how annoyed I am for the two of you; Guys take a one fits all approach for everyone, which is wrong. I'm so glad I didn't cycle with Guys again, because compared to my next clinic they were completely useless. You both did the long protocol, which, based on research, doesn't work for ladies with PCOS (google PCOS and best IVF protocol or PCOS and antagonist protocol). I'm not completely knocking Guys, but they're success rate is half of other clinics' rates, which is telling. I understand if your PCT is going to cover more than one cycle, but Serena, if I were you I would insist they change your protocol.

Sorry if I'm overstepping the mark; I just want to share what I've discovered and of course want you all to have a little baby. And from what I've learned (I've been to 3 IVF clinics now) down-regging doesn't work for our bodies about 95% of the time. I toyed doing another cycle with Guys as I felt so comfortable there, and the people were nice. But I can't tell you how pleased I was when I moved. Lister told me that on a scale of 1-10, the difficulty of getting me pg was around 2-3. This filled me with a lot of confidence... Of course, you have to do what's best for you. You're both young, and this journey really takes it out of you, but strengthens you as a person.

Key - great about the frozen embies. And hope the 2ww isn't too frustrating :)

AFM - I m/c a couple of weeks ago, just waiting from HcG to get down to 0 so I can get going again. The clinic is monitoring me closely, with calls from my IVF consultant each week to talk about progress and next steps. I think we'll be doing a FET this time, to make it easier on my body.

All the best ladies, wishing you all lost of luck and baby dust in your next steps!

Kaaza - so sorry it wasn't good news hun. I know you were preparing yourself for that outcome but sure it does not make it any easier whatsoever. I hope you + OH are doing ok and can just take it easy to take it all in over the weekend.

Serena - on the bright side i'm glad you're able to try again so quickly, but completely get what you're saying about Guys. Things are equally really tight for us at the moment and could only just afford the £500 i've spent on acuputure never mind all the money an IVF cycle costs! I just really hope you get the BFP you deserve this time.

Well that goes for all you lovely ladies - i'm really hopeing that second time lucky for you all, i can tell your all gonna be fantastic mums :)

I don't think Guys or people in general understand that we all don't have unlimited amount of money to spend trying to get pregnant, something that "normal" (i.e not fertilitilty chanllenged!!) people do easily and for free - AHHHHH!!! There you go the rants must be catching!

Vesper - don't know what to say, i'm just so upset for you that you've suffered another m/c - but am really glad that your happy with your clinic and you've got trust in them. I really hope the next one is the successful attempt.

Thanks for all your support and hopefully it will work for us this time - i just wish we all could have got our BFP's and go on to have successful pregnancies at the same time. I haven't had any symptoms although have quite sore boobs, but i get that really badly each AF so could be a sign of that. Been trying to take it easy but things are pretty stressful work wise and i've just helped do our office move today, but trying to do very little lifting!!

take care all

k xx

Hiya

Feeling a little better ths afternoon, ths morning even tho iwas prepared, it still hit me hard! My oh was devastated which made me feel worse, I somehow feel like I've failed him!

Vesper sorry to hear of your loss! I think I'll mention the short protocol with guys see what they say, we get one more NHS funded cycle, hoping this time for some frosties because then if that fails its cheaper to do a frozen cycle than fresh, hoping they send me two more lots of meds as then I'll have some spare for next time to! Another way to save money!

I have my follow up on April 3rd but upset that it's a month away but maybe tht will o me some good, thinks I will join the gym to take my mind off things and lose some weight, I don't have much to lose about a stone!

Key, hope your coping ok with the tww! The 10th will fly by!

Monkeyfeet how are you?

Oh Kazza, I am so sorry. Really thinking of you.xx Take the weekend to really enjoy time with oh and to support each other and talk it through and as difficult as it is, try and focus on 3rd April. Xx

Vesper, I dont know what to say, so so sorry for your loss. I hope your levels drop soon as appreciate how you just want closure to move on. Wishing you every success with your next round. You really deserve the break.xx

Serena, hope you are doing ok without oh and have stopped bleeding now and have a relaxing weekend.xx

Key, hope you're doing ok and keeping occupied. Just a week to go now and keeping everything crossed for you.Xx

Afm, think I have just this eve started to bleed, so hoping the end is in sight and that we can focus on next stage. We planned to go with guys again but may look into our options given we have to pay either way, might be worth us looking at other clinics I guess. Not sure, will have to give it some thought over coming weeks.

Monkeyfeet hope this is af and it means you can start to put this first cycle behind you and move on. Maybe it is worth finding out about other options, the only other one I,be heard of is lister. - but don,t know what it,s like.

Hope everyone is doing OK

K x

Oh Kazza im so, so sorry the teat was negative :hugs: to your and your hubby xx

Key, how are you feeling? One more week till test day, its going quite quick. Sending lots of :dust: your way xx

Got a letter from Guys today, now this was sent yesterday so they surely must have known when i rang them but didnt tell me for some reason. Its to confirm we got our funding approved for one cycle, invite to the information evening next week and also our first appointment with them will be 26th March. Im now feeling extremely nervous about it all for some silly reason but glad its all moving forward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->