IVF/ICSI at Guys? Anyone else?

Serena i think adoption is a great option, what can be better than giving a child a home. It is definately something we would consider if ivf doesn't work at all, or even for child number 2 if it does.

2 quick questions :
did anyone go to ET alone? Not sure OH can take another day off at short notice, so think i'll be going it alone tomorrow. I'm not worried about that, but just wondered if it is recommended that they are there?

Also i've been trying to fight a cold for last 36hrs or so and seem to losing my voice - do you think this will affect my chances of BFP???

Hope you're having a happy monday - and Monkeyfeet 1st day back at work is not too bad!

k x

Key - Firstly congrats on 5 dt Sooo pleased for you!! ET is easy peasy its like having a smear so no probs at all, the only thing id say is it was really nice to see the Embies released back into you, your OH might want to see it too? But if he doesnt mind i would say you will be fine!! I dont think a cold will make a difference to BFP or BFN but you can ask the dr. Im sure it will be fine.

Serena thanks for the information, i think i might start looking into it aswell. If we are lucky to have one of our own we will adopt the second!

I too admire your positivity!! I have to say im feel quite sorry for myself at the moment!!!! God knows what i will be like come friday!! Im not going to test again now though as i still have the smallest amount of hope.

My step mum works in Lewisham college too!!

Good luck for thursday, hope you can start again soon!

Monkeyfeet, sorry mother nature is being cruel to you, i hope work is a good distraction for you xx

AFM im not testing anymore, i dont have symptoms, not that im worried about that as loads of people dont get any symptoms but I dont think this time is for me, just a bit upset that guys made things sound so great and its not that rosy! Sorry for the downer! :(

Hello,

Don't be down Kazza - it is so so early to test and you have 5 days before they even recommend you test so a lot can change! and as you say lots of people don't have symptoms anyway. I felt quite down last week but even if it doesn't work this time we will be able to learn from it and improve it for the next round hopefully. I definitely think Guys being so overly optimistic is a big flaw and causes unneccessary disappointment.

Key - my answer would be exactly the same as Kazza's - your OH doesn't need to be there but it's quite an experience seeing the embryo's being put in and I know (despite it not working!) that my husband wouldn't have wanted to miss it.

I am glad you don't think me mentioning adoption is being too negative about IVF. I think for me it is good to know more about my options as it will put less pressure on me for our next round of ICSI and will mean if it's negative i'll have to get over the sadness about not being able to have my own children, but will also be able to get excited about moving on to the adoption process. although they insist you wait 6 months after completing IVF to get to the main stages of adoption! more waiting! you can start all the initial research part, choose the best adoption agency for you & attend open evenings in the 6 months though. The more I read about it the more I feel this is what I want to do, and of course i'm still going to continue with this round of ICSI but I think if it doesn't work I wont be heartbroken x

Hiya

Thanks serena, i do have a little hope!! So fingers crossed!!

You are so upbeat its so lovely to see!! Such a shame they make you wait 6 months before going on for adoption!! Everything is all waiting waiting waiting!!

I wonder how long the process is from putting in the applicaltion to having a child?

Good luck today Key, I was going to say 'have a blast' but it's the worst joke in the world.

Did you test today Kazza?

Serena love the joke!!

Am back home now after ET - They transferred a blastocyst that they said looked really good so that was great news. They said chances of bfp now 40 to 50% - so just down to luck now. Feel a little bit like it's a game of roulette or something!

From the other 4 embies - 1 stopted at day 3, another reached blastocyst but started to degenerate this morning, 1 is early blast and 1 a morula. So we've got to wait until tomorrow to see if early blast and modular are suitable for freezing (everything crossed)

Am taking it easy today, mostly on the sofa I think, then probably back to normal tomorrow. I've got acupunture again tonight to hopefully help with implantation.

Am feeling really hopeful but just got to keep myself busy until test date on 10th.

Enough about me - how are you guys doing?
Monkeyfeet hopefully good news your end?
Kazza - are you leaving testing til Friday?
Serena - is your guys meeting Thurs?
Tinkerbell - still got my fingers crossed for natural bfp for you

K xx

Serena!! That was funny!!!!!

Key, that is such fab news hun, well done and take it easy!!

AFM - Not testing again till friday x

Great news Key, that's also great about the potential frosties. You must be so pleased. Lots of rest now! Are you going away at all to get your mind off of things? Yes my appt is Thursday afternoon x

Kazza - Good idea to not test if you've got the willpower! I hope you're not feeling too negative about the earlier test as everyone's different and you might get your BFP nearer the official test date x

Monkeyfeet - I hope you're doing ok x

Hey all,

Key - what amazing news! I am so excited for you.. And looks like you could well end up with some frozen too! Rest up and take it easy and as the girls say, try to distract yourself for the two weeks. I have everything crossed for you.xxx

Kazza, really hope youre feeling a bit brighter today, I too have had some really down days and it's def an emotional roller coaster but you have everything to be positive for, that bfp could be just 3 days away and Sunday really was very early to test. Chin up and keep busy and here's to hoping Friday arrives in no time!xx

Serena.. Loving the joke!!! Made me laugh

Hey all,

Key - what amazing news! I am so excited for you.. And looks like you could well end up with some frozen too! Rest up and take it easy and as the girls say, try to distract yourself for the two weeks. I have everything crossed for you.xxx

Kazza, really hope youre feeling a bit brighter today, I too have had some really down days and it's def an emotional roller coaster but you have everything to be positive for, that bfp could be just 3 days away and Sunday really was very early to test. Chin up and keep busy and here's to hoping Friday arrives in no time!xx

Serena.. Loving the joke!!! Made me laugh out loud like kazza's bum comment!! The adoption info is really interesting and def something oh and I will talk about. Good luck for your appt tomorrow, let us know what they say. Hope the ofsted is going well too.

Tinkerbell, how are you doing?

Afm, still no signs of movement! Back at work though which is so hectic it's totally distracted me to the point not even had time to call guys hut hopefully will tomorrow if still no signs of a bleed. Serena, not sure why my appt so far ahead, thy said 20th was earliest they can see me but might ask again tomorrow. Emotionally feeling 100 times better than last week and think that everything happens for reason and it just wasn't meant to be this time round. Feelinh positive for next try and just keen to get strted again!

Key - thats fantastic news, so glad it all went well. Hope you have plenty of time to relax over the next couple of weeks and will be keeping everything crossed for you xx

Kazza- you're doing so well not to test again, I think i'd be going crazy and the temptation would get the better off me so I really admire your strength. Keeping you in my thoughts and hoping that friday you will have the best news ever :) xx

afm- well ovulation was yesterday so as unlikely as it is in 2 weeks time I could have some good news but im trying not to get my hopes up after I've had them dashed every month for the past 16 cycles and now the Dr's have told us its extremely unlikely but we're not just going to give up as I know it doesn't meant it's impossible.
It will be 2 weeks tomorrow since our appointment at Guy's, do you think it's too soon to ring our PCT and check they have recieved the paperwork and ask how long it takes them to procsess it?

I called after a week tinkerbell! I'm not very patient though and I found out that the paperwork wasn't received!

I'm finding it easy not to test now as I feel I know the answer!

Tinkerbell - call the pct today, as i waited two weeks and they hadn't received anything so turned out to be a waste of time!

thanks all for your kind messages - i am trying to relaxing although i have got a couple of major projects on at the moment, and it is my own business, so unfortunately can't relax as much as i would like.

k x

Guys are going to freeze 2 blasts :)

It's such good news after our first meeting where there were pretty pessimistic about my egg situtation. Just sorry that it was the other way round for your ladies and they were a bit too opmistic to start with.

also don't know if the acupunture has made a big difference to the quality? It's difficult to say as we will never know what they would have been like without it, but i do feel like it has made a difference.

k x

Oh Key that is wonderful news but fingers crossed it won't matter because they won't even need to use them x

Well, I rang Greenwich who gave me a different number I needed to ring to somewhere else and the name of someone to speak to who wasn't in today. Spoke to someone else who didn't seem to know really what she was doing, asked me about 4 times what it was for and couldn't find anything from Guys for me.
Called Guys spoke to someone and after being on hold for about 5 minutes was told all the paperwork is there but nothing has been sent off yet, asked her long it is before its sent off and got no straight answer :evil:](*,) she asked me if I had been invited to the open evening yet which I haven't and she said the next one in on the 7th March, so I asked do we need to go to that then before and the application is sent off and she said no, if you haven't heard from us with an invite by Monday call back, goodbye and put the phone down. Now I have no idea what's going on :cry: why the bloody hell is my application just sitting there and not being sent off? When will they send it? I know we're going away in April and won't be back till mid May so can't start anything before but I wanted it all ready so that we could perhaps start as soo as we got back.

Now I have no idea how much longer they will just leave our application sitting there before sending it off, what if our blood tests we had came back with something wrong? I just don't know what to think.

Tinkerbell - don't panic about a problem with blood tests of anything, it just sounds like Guys being completely inefficient with paperwork!!

You just need to make sure you keep on top of them and that is gets to the PCT. On the bright side you don't want to start until May anyway - so that should give them plenty of time to get their act together!!!

They are honestly better at the treatment part than the paperwork part!

k x

Thanks Key, I just feel a bit in limbo now as I don't know if I should call back again next week to ask idiots been sent yet, will this give them a push up the bum to email it to the PCT or will it just conti ue to sit there till someone realises its been there for weeks and not been sent or will no one even notice and make sure it is sent off.
Sorry for rambling on about paperwork when you ladies are going through a much more stressful worries buti just don't understand why it's been 2 weeks and hasn't been sent and the lady I spoke to didn't even reassure me she'd get it sorted and make sure it's sent off, infact she was rather rude just hanging up like that I thought :(

Key fantastic news about your frosties!!! Soon pleased for you!

Tinkerbell! Every stage is stressfull! I stressed over the application! Surely of guys have your paperwork that means the pct has sent it?? And guys have it so that's all good news! Make sure you call Monday!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->