IVF/ICSI at Guys? Anyone else?

Tinkerbell, just about every worry there is to have you will have, it's completely normal! Egg quality, dperm quality, how many follies, womb lining, ec, how any eggs retrieved, how many fertilised how many to transfer and then te 2ww !! Your bound to feel like that but just because it didntwork for us ths time there are many people it did and does workfor first time! It is a massive roller coaster of emotions but I'm sure it will be worth it in the end for us all!

Your not silly or thinking it could still happen, because it could, we will still try too!

Sugarnspice got pg at guys so try not to worry!

Wow your wedding sounds amazing!!! What a lovely thing to have to focus on!!! Keep that chin up xxxx

Tinkerbell like Kazza says there is every chance it could work for you - basically IVF / ICSI solves many problems and at just 28 you should have a really good chance. Lots of people get lucky first go - we were just a bit of an unlucky bunch this time - but I know that is going to change next time when we all get BFP!

I know it's difficult but you should try and focus on the wedding at the moment, as it sounds fantastic. We went to Mexico years ago when travelling and it is beautiful.

monkeyfeet - thinking of you today, and hope you get some answers.

k xx

Good luck today Monkeyfeet, hope it all gets sorted. Let us know how you get on & we'll all be thinking of you x

Kazza - yes, it might end up being best to get it over and done with as the clock is ticking! i'll just ask them to postpone it for a month or so if i'm not feeling up to it after the next 3 weeks. I think if the doctor rang back and confirmed it was ok to start i'd feel a lot more confident. Do you know if you want to get started at your next period or will you want a few months off? will you need to take that medication again to start a period?

Key - i'm so interested to hear about FET when you go for your appt. I have no idea about how it works and what meds you'll have to take but hope it's less invasive. Hopefully I will get some frozen embryos this time round & can see for myself. Even though this round didn't work for us it was still a really interesting (if stressful) experience and I feel a lot more empathy for others in similar situations now as I dont think you can understand it unless you've been though it. Glad you're getting back to normal (despite little alcohol & vitamins). Have you got nice things planned for the next month?

Tinkerbell - we all desperately hope for a miracle so you and your husband shouldn't feel bad. The 5 or 6 months between being referred & starting at Guys I did just completely forget about it as we'd been trying for so long and the monthly stress was getting too much. But as soon as my period was due & late I couldn't help but hope! totally natural. I hope your husband is ok. You have this wonderful opportunity to conceive coming up, so try to stay positive. and also a wedding & honeymoon to plan so that should help distract you!

Hi

Thinking of you monkeyfeet x

I think I'll probably need Meds to start me off again and if I can start straight away then in happy to do that! Rather get it out the way and this month I've had off I think mentally would be enough for me!!

I've tried to find out a bit on FET and it seems there are two options either natural or medicated. From what i understand the medicated might still involve down regging drugs (booohh!), but it is a little confusing. Once again we'll just have to be patient and wait until the 12th

Hope you're all enjoying the beautiful sunny day

x

Hi all,

Thanks so much for lovely messages really appreciate it. Today was confusing, doctor scanned and agreed I have very thick womb lining still but says all pregnancy tissues has gone so can just wait now. He thinks that I may never get anything more from the miscarriage.. But that next bleed will Be next normal period. Totally contradicts anything else I've been told but hey. Here's to hoping it hurrys up! My follow up is next Tuesday so hoping to know more about moving on then.

Tinkerbell, how exciting about your wedding and honeymoon! Lots to stay focused on. Keep your chin up and stay positive.

Hope all else are good... It's nearly FRIDAY! Whoop!

Xx

Hey monkeyfeet - sorry that the Docs were a bit confusing, but it sounds like nature may take it's course - just taking bloody forever to do so.

Let's hope they're a bit more forthcoming about next steps on Tues. Are you going to stay with Guys or look elsewhere?

k x

Hi all,

Thought I'd check in, finally got AF today.. Very very painful but glad its here.hoping to get more info on Tuesday. Serena, did you and oh have to sign new paperwork to start next cycle? My oh is away with work until 31st march so hoping they don't need anything from him for us to pay and start next cycle.

Hope you are all ok and having a good weekend.

H.x

Yeah Monkeyfeet that's great news :happydance:. Can't beleive we've all been willing you to get AF (you'd think that's completely against the pont of IVF!) but at least you can now finally move on.

Hope the pain has died down and bit and you've managed to have a nice weekend.

I've no idea about paperwork i'm afriad - but i'm guessing that most of it was done the first time around, so shouldn't be too much now.

How is everyone else doing? I've been out with family for mum's day and busy and away with work again this week which is good as helps make the time go quicker until the 12th

k xx

Hi Monkeyfeet,

So glad AF finally came, but sorry that it's so painful. I guess that's to be expected after waiting so long. Hope you're feeling a little better today.

We didn't need to sign any other paperwork but it might be because we are not self-funding this round.

Are you definitely sticking with Guys? I am not sure as haven't done the research but from what I've read on the forums I think there are quite a lot of private London hospitals with much better success rates. Lister is one that everyone seems to rave about. I don't know if it'd be a lot more expensive than Guys, but maybe worth looking into before you begin at Guys?

S x

Feeling a bit better today so hoping trough the worst!

Thanks for advice ladies, have done a little research on lister and youre right, success is def higher but is quite a bit more expensive. Really not sure what to do, will see what they say at my follow up
Tomorrow first an how long we'll have to wait t get paperwork wtc signed off now that we're self funded. I guess it sounds odd but it did actually work for us at guys, it's just it wasn't meant to be and I guess the fact My body didn't keep the pregnancy was not their fault.. I don't know could be wrong. Currently feels easier to stick with what I know but also know that's really lazy.

Will keep thinking.

How're you all doing?
X

Hi ladies, really peased you finally got af! Finally you can begin to move on! Good luck at the appt x

Serena how are you Hun? You on bcp now?

Key how are you Hun roll of the 12th

Afm nothing my end waiting for the 3rd!! My whole body hurts! We have spent te last two days jetting the front and back garden ready for summer before the ban starts ! It's such hard work! Been on a diet trying to lose some weight before the next ivf starts!

Tinkerbell,how you doing? Xxxx

Sounds like a very energetic few days Kazza - hope your body has now recovered.

I've just got back from a few days away with work - the good thing about being so busy that that the time flies, so hopefully the 12th will be here before we know it.

Monkeyfeet - i have heard goodf things about lister - but also Guys still have a great number of successes and are far advanced on research etc, so don't think you're being lazy at all sticking with what you know.

Serena - any news your end?

Tinkerbell - how's wedding planning going??

kxx

Hello everyone,

Sorry I haven't been on here my work has been so so busy as working on a project but should be over by next Wed thank goodness.

Monkeyfeet - I think you're right to stick with what you know as it did work for you before & Guys has a great reputation. I only mentioned it incase you hadn't thought of changing & thought it was worth mentioning before you spend the big bucks!

Kazza - sounds like you've had a great weekend gardening. I wish I had a garden, the weather is great at the moment. We have a shared garden which is very pretty but when you're in it you can see straight into the bedrooms of the 2 flats at the bottom of the house so it feels too intrusive to use it!

Key - hoping time flies for you, work definitely helps take your mind off of things. I have barely thought about all this over the last week.

AFM - still on the BCPs. Start the sniffing drugs next Friday & have a scan to start injections on the 18th April. seems to have come round really quickly. Still have spotting daily, but very light. Spoke to the nurse this morning who said not to worry & it's normal. Get the meds delivered on Wed, quite looking forward to starting it all again, but feel a bit apprehensive about it working. I hope i'd be able to handle it better this time as i've already been through it, but because it's our last chance (at least funded) it might actually be worse. not going to think about it though. Just have to hope for the best & keep positive. my husband and I are trying to eat really healthily & have cut out all booze. although I am going for a curry tonight so not THAT healthily!

Hope you are all doing well and enjoying the sunshine x

Hi All,

Sounds like everyone has been busy! It really has helped me also just to throw myself into work, time definitely goes by quicker and I'm nowhere near as obsessed as I was when I was in cycle!

Update this end, we have started again with Guys using this cd1 so I am due to start sniffing on 7th April. Will need to down reg for a little longer though as we are off to new York at a crucial time beginning if may but doctor seemed to think it would be ok. Like you Serena, feeling excited but anxious.. Doctor was overly positive and I just want to manage my emotions better than last time..
We are strong people otherwise we wouldn't have made it thus far, it would be non human to not find the process emotional so trying to remind myself that and stay focused!
Here's to this round being the one for all of us!!

Well done Kazza and Serena on the food / alcohol! Ive eaten more since I stopped tretment, and told myself its comfort food! Need to get back on the diet.

Hope you are all well and have great plans for the sunny weekend!

Hx

Monkeyfeet and serena excellent that you've started and nearly there for down regging!!

AFM had a little melt down last night! Went out and got very drunk and sorry for myself! At work today feeling terrible I honestly don't no how I'm going get through the day!

Oh Kazza, I'm so sorry you're feeling so emotional. Is it something specific that you are really worried about or just everything got on top of you?
What time do you finish work? Is oh around?
Thinking of you.xxx

Hiya just worrying about the what ifs!!!! I'm ok now other than the major hangover and feeling a little enbarrassed!!

Serena Ana Monkeyfeet - am so excited you're both starting again, it will hopefully be so much better this time.

Monkeyfeet I had to take the sniffers for a month because Guys were busy after Xmas, so a few extra days shouldn't cause any problems at all.

Kazza - don't worry it's on to have a melt down every noe and again, and the alcohol probably had a lot to do with it!! Hope you'be managed to get over your hangover but sorry you have to work on such aa beautiful day.

Nothing new my end still waiting for the 12th when I really hope we can start straight away.

Here,s to second time lucky for us all xx

Hi ladies :)
Haven't been on all week as my mum was taken into hospital on Monday and finally they let her home Friday so most of my times was spent there last week. She has a big gall stone that needs removing but they couldn't do it due to infection.

I can't believe our first appointment is tomorrow, it's come round pretty quickly and I'm feeling excited now to talk through everything tomorrow and hopefully get an idea of when we'll be starting.
Wedding plans are sorted really just a few last bits to do, I can't believe we leave in4 weeks. I'm so excited, this wedding/holiday has been in the planning since late 2009.

Hope you've all enjoyed the lovely sunshine we've been having x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->