IVF/ICSI at Guys? Anyone else?

So sorry to hear about your mum Tinkerbell, I hope she gets well soon so that she can recover fully.

Good luck for today, let us know how you get on!

H.x

Hope your mum is feeling better Tinkerbell. How did you get on at Guys yesterday?

k x

Hi Tinkerbell,

Hope your mum is feeling better!

How is everyone feeling??

7 more days till our follow up!! Cant wait!!

loving the good weather and it's helping keep a smile on my face!

2 weeks tomorrow till we meet with a consultant - also can't wait :)

Yes the lovely weather is deffinatly helping!!!!!

Hope its stays this way and the next cycle will be much more bareable!! something to keep happy about!

Hello,

Tinkerbell, really hope your mum is ok. and that your appt went well at Guys.

Kazza - I know completely how you feel about the meltdown. hangover and embarrassment doesn't help on top of everything else. but it's impossible to not let it out & I'm sure your friends were really understanding.

Monkeyfeet - Glad we'll be starting down regging quite close together. That was my least favourite bit last time & the idea of starting it all tomorrow is horrible. Dreading the headaches & forgetfulness again.

Key - hope you're doing well. Less than 2 weeks until your appt right? Hope you can start soon - if the procedure is quicker with FET then maybe it wont be long before your transfer!

Hope you're all well. Cant wait until Saturday - hope the weather holds out & we can have the first BBQs of 2012!

My mum is much better now thank you all, she is having to stick to a very strict and low fat diet so not to cause anymore infection or flare up from the gall stone which hopefully will work and once she is home from our wedding holiday she'll have it removed, so fingers crossed there will be no problems while we're in the US.

Guys went well on Monday, although it must have been one of my longest appointments I've ever had and believe me I've had a lot of hospital appointments. We got there at 11 and didn't get out till 2.30 :shock:
The appointment did go well though and as soon as we're home and CD1 arrives which should be about 4 days after then it will be my time to call up and get started :happydance:
Even if we weren't going away it's unlikely we could have started on my next cycle as he wants to wait for OH's Karyotyping test results to be back to make sure there are no chromosome issues and he wants to check with my Chest Dr he is ok for me to go through IVF, pregnancy etc which is a pain that his checking this again as it was them who referred me in the first place so if he wasn't then I never would have been referred :wacko: and then lastly I need to call next week as he wanted to speak to the anesthetist to check of he wants to see me and do any tests himself before we start or if he is ok just to take my Chest Dr's word for it, it all seems so long winded and going round the houses but I'll get there eventually and all will be ok to start mid May. X

Serena good luck with d regging
Hopefully things will be different this time!!!

Just sitting out in the garden now! Lapping up the weather it could be on the turn for tomorrow!

Tinkerbell glad your mum is feeling better! And glad the appt went well! Our first one took ages tool! Did u gave your scans and oh sample? At least you no your chest consultant won't say no to treatment so nothing to worry about and you do have a while for them to get it sorted until your back from honeymoon! You must be so excited!!

Hello,

so glad your appt went well Tinkerbell. sounds annoying that you have to go back to your dr again, but I guess if you were waiting until your wedding/honeymoon anyway then it might not be too bad. mid May seems so close now we're in April!

Kazza - hope you still enjoyed the garden even though Saturday was rubbish! I went to my mum's for a BBQ and it was freezing so we didn't bother!

Hope everyone else is doing well - any news from anyone?

Not much my end. Taking the sniffers & haven't been that bad. no nausea or headaches like last time but have the brain confusion again and getting all my words muddled again! It's quite funny & my husband's been laughing at my babbling gibberish. I even couldn't think of the right words in my dream last night! it's infiltrating my unconscious too! I finish the BCP tomorrow night so I assume i'll have yet another period next week. my third in less than 2 months. Not used to this with my long cycles!

I've just read through the forum for when I last started the sniffers and day 4 was when the headaches started so i'm hoping it wont start up today & this month will be a lot better.

nothing else to tell. Hope you're all doing well x

Hi serena glad your dr hasn't been so bad so far fingers crossed it stays that way! Shame about the BBQ. I was stuck at work but we are meant to get snow this week! Crazy!!

Monkeyfeet, Tinkerbell and key how are you?

Afm follow up tomorrow!! Do I have another scan tomorrow? Will they mention what they think might have gone wrong?

Serena glad to hear your not suffering from any headaches, i really hope that carries on and it's smooth sailing for you through this part. Keep forgetting you're already on down regs - guess you'll be looking at EC & ET around the end of April? It has come round so fast

Kazza - will be thinking of you today and hope you get all the answers and can move on to try #2. let us know how you get on of course

Nothing going on with me - waiting til 12th to find out what happens with regards FET. Am expecting to get AF about 2 days before appt but really hoping it's a couple of days late, as don't know when they start FET cycles and really don't want to have to wait another full month if they start the process on day1.

Hope you all doing ok

k xx

So glad all seems ok for you so far Serena, fingers crossed the symptoms stay away. Hope the next few weeks go quickly for you.

Good luck for today Kazza, I didn't have a scan - was just follow up with doctor and talked through whether they thought anything ha gone wrong as such. As is with gua, she was very positive! Let us know how you get on.

Key, hope the next week flies by for you, so you can get started. I too, know nothing about the fet.

All ok here although not received any scheduling info as yet and I think I'm due to start down reg on Saturday so need to call them to chase them today.

Hope all enjoying the clear skies before the supposed snow arrives.xx

Good luck today Kazza! I didn't have a scan either, just a really quick meeting where they said everything worked well & they wanted to do the exact same procedure again! It didn't work THAT well! They said I should start BCP, downregging etc and would have a scan on the day I start injections to make sure everything's as it should be. Let me know if you're the same & when you're starting again!

Key - could you ring Guys & explain the situation as they might be able to advise you? maybe it'd be possible to start any meds on day 1 if necessary, even before you appt? It might be worth asking. I'm really interested in hearing what it involves. I SO hope it works for you & you don't have to go through another load of ICSI, it'd be brilliant. yes, should start injections on the 18th so will prob have EC around end of april beginning of may. seems to have come around quick.

Monkeyfeet - have they sent you the drugs to start again on Sat or have you got some left over from last time? I seem to have tons & they've sent me loads more gonal f (more than I received last time) & I have 3 boxes of the sniffers. I wonder if you pay for another round they will let you use this left over drugs? Can't wait to get my fridge back!

Hope you're all well. I'm feeling really positive for us all this time & who knows in a year maybe we'll all be moaning about sleepless nights!

Hiya

Follow up went well, said things could have gone better but sounds like starting at 75 iu did me no favours which I new was the case ! Starting 112.5 iu this time.

Said I had all mature eggs none immature and all nine were injected fertilisation rate was as expected so that was good. Daniels sperm count is now borderline normal which is great. Got provera to start so hopefully I'll come on in about 13 to 15 days from now then bcp! Seems like ages away!!

Serena ec end of April wow that has come round quick!

Key I agree with serena can u call?

Kazza glad they are going to increase your starting rate doseage, hopefully that will make a difference and fantastic news about OH being borderline normal, has he done anything specific to help improve sperm?

Maybe your right i'll try and speak to someone at guys this pm to see what they say

Am so excited for us all that it is kicking off again - hopefully to much better results

xx

Just spoke to guys - was quite surprised as got through to a nurse straight away not voicemail! Anyway FET process starts on day 21 so won't matter if my AF comes a couple of days before appt.

No want i want it come early so i can start to whole process sooner....

That’s great news Kazza. At least they have identified any problems and going to try something different. I’m going to ask them to up my dose of gonal f too, as even though they think it worked well, I don’t really want to waste this chance if it is possible to have more eggs & some for FET. Great news on your OH’s sperm count too. How are you feeling about the next round?

Key – that’s really good news about starting FET on day 21. Now you know you can start next cycle if they say everything’s ok at your appt x

Serena for us PCOS think they are reluctant to increase to much due to the risk of overstimming but always worth an ask I was hoping they would say go up to 150 but at least I'm starting at 112 not 75 that was ridiculas!!!

Key great news about your start date and amazing that you actually got through to a human first time!!!

Oh had given up smoking and a combo of vits that you can only get from holland and Barrett as the dose is higher than you get on wellman or in the normal shops! But I think it was the smoking that done it!!!

Feeling positive again but I did last time to well at least until egg transfer!

You were on 150 iu last time wasn't you? They said they like about 13 to 14 eggs really hope this time won't go to waste I really don't want to pay for a cycle all our hard work in saving!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->