IVF/ICSI at Guys? Anyone else?

Serena - how you feeling today, any better at all? At least it's only a few days til EC - am very excited for you.

How's everyone else doing?

k x

Good luck for tomorow Serena, will be thinking of you. Hope you're feeling ok.xx

Good luck serena looking forward to your update x

I'll post a proper uPdate a bit later x

Serena, how did you get on today hun? Hope you got loads of eggies!!!

Key, we will be more of less cycling together!!!! I have worked out that i start DR on 7th May, I go for baseline scan on the 21st May, start injecting for about 10-13 days so 31 - 3rd of june have EC then 3 or 5 day transfer should no the outcome by mid june!

I thought a FET would be alot quicker though!

Monkeyfeet, how are you doing hun?

Hope tinkerbells having a lovely time!

Hey Serena - how'd you get on today? Hope everything went ok with the EC and you got lots of embroyos!

Kazza - no the FET takes about a month from when I start the FET, so transfer about end of May / beginning of June and i'll know the results mid June (just before going on hols). Nice to have a cycle buddy again!

Monkeyfeet - how are you getting on, have you started stimming yet?

k xx

Hello everyone,

sorry not to be in touch. Hope you are all well. it's really good news to have a cycle buddy Key/Kazza. I SO SO SO hope it works for all of us this time. I have a good feeling for all of us this time. I've just heard that my friend's brother, who has been going through IVF in New York, is having a baby with his wife. I think it's a good sign and has made me feel really positive about this round.

Monkeyfeet - how is it going for you? you had your scan and started injections today didn't you? what did they say about the scan? Do you like the new gonal f pen as much? The nurse said after you press the plunger thing (I am sure this is not what it's really called!) you should leave it in for 10 secs before removing. She also said to leave it in the fridge when at home. I didnt do either of these things before and the injections hurt a lot more this time. did they say the same to you?

today went well. I had a 9am appt and when I came out I felt fine - not at all sick like last time so definitely think it was because I hadnt eaten. I am in loads less pain than last time too, it's really weird. They got 13 eggs which I'm really happy about. On Friday I saw the head nurse Alice (who I love) and she showed me the charts and the follicles were ALOT bigger and better than last time. 12 were already well over the cut-off line and there were a few more near to it so she said she hoped we'd def get 12 and possibly up to 15, so we're happy with 13. Hoping it's good news for tomorrow. Dr Tom did the procedure today. Is it wrong that I am a little bit in love with him? My husband thinks so.

egh - guess what I had forgotten/blocked from my mind. THE BUM TABLET. At least you get to avoid that this time Key! When I was doing it a 6am this morning Kazza's words about your bum 'munching it up' came straight into my head. I think they scarred me for life.

Can any of you help me remember what to do with the pessiaries? the nurse said 'start taking them today' and I said yes. but wasnt until I got home that I realised I cant remember when to take them. My husband rang at middayish to ask at the ACU but shockingly they didn't ring back. Can any of you remember? I think maybe it's just before bed and first thing in the morning but can't find anything about it in my notes and not sure if i'm already supposed to have taken it or not.

Key - I can't believe how long the FET takes and how many injections it involves. I really hope the headaches stay away and the whole thing is less traumatic than the full ICSI cycle. Thanks for telling us all about it, I had no idea it involved so much.

Hey Serena,
That is superb news about 13 eggs! I am so do please for you and do good to hear you feeling so much more positive about it all good on you. I too hve a good feeling about this cycle for us all.

Had my scan today but as I'm away this weekend and they want to monitor me a bit more closely, I'm now not starting injections til Sunday.
Re your pessaries, 1 x at night and 1 x first thing in the am!
Wishing you all the luck in the world for your 2ww. Rest up an take it easy.

Hope all else are well?xxx

Thanks Monkeyfeet, I figured that was it but just have a crappy memory so needed to check! That makes sense them putting back your injections, is it because they're worried about over-hyper stimulation again and having to coast? Are you off anywhere nice for the bank holiday wkend?

Forgot to say, I did keep my injections in the fridge last time round thrpughout and left in for 10secs each time , but only stung when I didn't pinch my skin properly.

Off to new York for mine and oh's birthday (same day!). Xx

Hiya!!

13 eggs that's fab news!!!!! Wel done you!!

Serena I can't believe what you said about dr Tom it was only last week I was telling my friend the same thing!!!!!!!!!! I've got a little crush on him!!!!

Looking forward to hearing about your fertilisation report tomorrow everything crossed! I do have a good feeling this time for all of us! I'm much more relaxed too!!

Sorry about my expressions!! I don't really have a way with words!! Haha

That's great news Serena 13 eggs and you're feeling a lot better after EC than last time - what a great start!

Fingers crossed that most of them fertilise leaving you with some great fresh and frozen embies to choose from.

My new medication arrived today - i've got a traditional sytle needle for the injections and have to "drawn" the medication from a bottle, so i'm sure the first time on Sat will be fun!

Monkeyfeet - have a wondeful time in NYC - am very jealous. Just can't wait until my hols in portugal at end of June at the moment

k x

Just heard from Guys and 12 were injected & 7 fertilised. Fingers crossed.

Very jealous of your holidays Monkeyfeet and Key! I love New York and hopefully this time of year it will be HOT x

7 is great - we only had 5 fertilised and ended up with 2 frozen, so i'm sure you'll end up with some extra this time, which you can use for #2, when you get bfp from fresh cycle anyway!! :thumbup:

k x

Great news serena!!! Well done you!!

How many did you have last time?

7 is fab Serena! Hope you are doing ok. Looking forwrd to heralding about your transfer.x

Yes, happy with 7. Although no guarantee any of them will develop but here's to hoping. Last time we had 5 so I guess we have slightly better odds. Hoping for some frosties x

Of course they'll develop - i,'m sure guys will have some good embryos to choose from. So are you booked in for Thursday unless you hear otherwise? Hope your still feeling OK and not sore after ec

Oh great that's much better I'm so excited for you xxxx

Guys rang and having the transfer this morning. I asked about the quality of the eggs but couldn't understand what she was saying so will just find out more when we get there. I think she said to transfer 2 though. I don't know if I should be pleased or disappointed. Will let you know what they say after the appt x

Don't worry it may mean that they already know which ones are the best so best to put them back where they belong!! Good luck what time are you due up there x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->