IVF/ICSI at Guys? Anyone else?

Hi Kazza, you were right! They said they could see a 9 cell and an 8 cell with no fragmentation so thought it best to put those in. We said we were told after egg collection that we should hope for a day 5 transfer as its the best but they said that's wrong and lots of people seem to think this so they need to look at their literature & the message they're sending out. They said day 3 is best if they can tell the best ones but day 5 is best if they're all the same. The rest of the embryos look much better than last time - we had 2x 9 cells (one with frag, the other transferred), 2 x 8 cells (one with frag the other transferred), 2 x 7cells and 1x6 cells. We asked how it compared with last time & they said last time we had 2x7cells (transferred), 2 x 6cells and 1x4 cells. So I'm hoping we might get 1 or 2 frozen ones but there's no guarantee. The embryologist said in most cases they don't get any frozen ones (as we all know!) which is the opposite of what hot doctor tom said in the beginning! We were convinced we'd have about 9 frozen ones per cycle ha ha! They need to look at the messages they send our from the first meeting. There's no point being unrealistically optimistic if in fact most people get no frozen ones.

Anyway, sorry if this is boring. I felt a bit down when they called to confirm transfer this morning but feel much better now.

Kazza - there's no way to know for def what has made this set of embryos bigger and better qual but I think it's the higher dose of gonal f, and even if this cycle fails I'm glad I went up a dose. Obviously if you overstimmed I'd feel awful but I really think it might be worth pushing for a slightly higher dose. If they think it's a bad/dangerous idea they'll say but it's worth asking at your scan. What do you think?

Monkeyfeet - are you off to NY today? What are your plans for sightseeing? The 9/11 museum memorial is supposed to be amazing but heartbreaking.

Key - how are you doing? I was explaining to my husband about your FET this morning but I couldn't remember if you had 1 or 2 frozen - I thought it was 2 but not sure. Hope you're doing well x

Hiya serena that's great news!!!!!! Your embies sound great!!!! No fragmentation and 8-9 cells!!! I have such a good feeling about this!!!

I will push for a higher dose for Deffinate I seriously hope they let me but even if they do it will only be slightly higher! I am so furious over it!! Still hopefully I'll see your dr!

Hi Kazza, been looking on the Internet and lots of sites say low doses are better for egg quality, so maybe a higher dose wouldn't necessarily be better.

https://www.essentialbaby.com.au/forums/lofiversion/index.php/t714791.html
Here's one site.

Just having a panic that you ask to up your dose and it ends up being worse! X

Don't panic!!! Thanks for link I'll have a propper look tonight!!

I just want to increase a bit!! Howany eggs did you get on 150

Ok well at the vet least I'd like to go up to 175 I don't think that's unreasonable!!

Serena they sound like great quality embryos, and that's what I remember from info evening that if they can easily see the best eggs they transfer at day 3. If they can't see what's best they wwait til 5. Hope you're taking it easy now and feeling a lot better in yourself - we've all got everything crossed for you!

Kazza think it is definaltely worth trying to get an increase when you go in for scan and just make sure tthey monitor you carefully.

Start injections on Sat - bit nervous as completely different to gonal - f pens but I'm sure it will be fine.

Serena - am so excited for you hun really hope it is second time lucky!

Kxx

Hi Key - have you started the injections today? How was it filling up the syringe from the bottle? Are you still injecting it into your stomach? And is it 2 times a day like the sniffers? Good luck today!

I'm taking it nice and easy! Went to Chapter One last night - SO yum. Have you guys been? I'd never been before but had seen it opposite the hospital and heard lots of good things x

Looking forward to hearing from the embryologist this weekend x

Hope you're all doing well x

3 frozen!!!!! I can't believe it! One was day 5 which they said is best but also said the 2 day 6 embryos are 'beautiful'!

Omg serena that's amazing well done!!!!!!!!!!!! So pleased!!!!!!

Serena that's fantastic news - so happy for you both. Glad to hear you're taking it easy and enjoying yummy food. I've been to Chapter one a couple of times it,s lovely. How long have you got before you can test?

Kazza - how you getting on with sniffers, hope you've not got too many side effects.

Monkeyfeet - am sure NYC was amazing - good to have a break before stinking.

I started downreg injections on Saturday and it's not too bad. Quite hard to fill needle as need to turn medication bottle upside down with 1 hand but fill the syringe and pull back the plunger at the same time - so quite tricky. But other than that it's not too bad and the good news is no side effects yet! Just looking forward to scan (don't know when that will be yet) and getting the envies out the freeze!

Congrats again Serena let's hope tthis is the start of al our good news

Kxx

Hi key,

So glad your not having any side affects so far! Wonder why they prefer to inject the down reg meds? Your transfer is due around the same time as mine isn't it?

I started sniffs this morning! I have a headache nw but not sure if that's just a coincidence! Can't wait to get this show on the road now!!

Serena so pleased you have som frosties I have heard that god forbid if this is not successful a frozen cycle is a lot cheaper, or for a lovely little bro or sister for the little ones you have on board!!

Monkeyfeet, hope you are well!

Wonder wen tinkerbells back!

Key - your message to Monkeyfeet just made me laugh out loud x
Glad the injections are going ok. I am rubbish at doing tricky things so hopefully it won't come to that! Do you have your scan booked in already?

Kazza - I HATE the headaches! Next you'll have fog brain & forget all your sentances! Hope they ease off a bit. yes I'm glad that FET is cheaper. If it doesn't work this time Bromley pays for 2 rounds of FET so I wouldn't have to pay, but if this does work we would obviously pay in the future if we wanted another child. Is it about £700?

Hi Monkeyfeet - how was NY? How is the stimming going?

Key/Kazza - hope the headaches aren't around today x

Just re-read my post and see what you mean. Made me smile for the first time today, as having a shocker!

Still so far so good - no side effects with the injections, hope that means it is working!! Got OH to help by holding the bottle last night and that made the whole process a whole lot easier.

Serena - when are you back to work after they signed you off?

Kazza - really hope headache was just a coincidence yesterday

I'm so dying to get to transfer stage, wish the next few weeks would just fly by. Won't know when my scan is till i call on first day of bleed, which i'm guessing should be some time later this week.

kxx

Oh no, sorry you're having a crappy day. Last thing you need while on the dreaded down regs. It's great you've gotno headaches. Sure it's working, the sniffing part was nasty, not that injections are a load of fun!

Back at work Thurs. it feels like forever. Can't remember the last time I had 2 weeks off. Getting too used to being a couch potato. Thurs is a strike day at my college though so actually won't be back until Fri!

I'm dreading getting my period on Sunday night like last time and then having a really awful heavy period next week. Last time it was dreadful but I can't have any more time off obviously after 2 weeks away!

Let's hope there's no period and you get a beep instead! Is Sunday your test day?

Bloody auto text - obviously meant bfp not beep!!!!

X

Ha ha, beep is better! Wed next week is my test day but last time af came 4 days early x

Only 7 sleeps to go until test day!! Really really hope you don't get AF at all and all works this time. How do you feel in comparision to last time, any different?

k xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->