IVF/ICSI at Guys? Anyone else?

Hi all,

Back to work with a bang today, after a fab few days in te big apple, heading home to bed now!

Kazza sorry to hear about the headache on first day of down reg, hope it's not continued and that you've settled back in to routine. Great to have you back off and running.

Key - injections sound complicated although sounds like you have got the hang of it, I know I would be all fingers and thumbs! Hope the lack of side effects remains and that you are having a better day. You made me too smile at the 'stinking' comment!

Serena, not long at all to go now, how are you feeling? I have absolutely everything crossed for you. Xx

Afm, started injections on Sunday, still
Suffering from headaches but otherwise no effects as yet. Blood test tomorrow am to monitor my oestrogen levels. Can't wait to get to transfer.

Tinkerbell must be getting married about now! HoPenshe is having an amazing time!

X

Monkeyfeet - you're back! Glad you had such a good time, even with the jet lag now! Good luck with the blood test today - hopefully no overstimming this time x

Key - how are you getting on with new dr? Any side effects yet? Yes, test day for me is next Wed I think. I have had really bad cramps in the night and this morning. I wouldn't be surprised if I got AF today. If I don't get AF I'm going to wait until Wed if I can to test. I almost don't want to test to find out the bad news so shouldn't be too hard. I've been reading various forums and loads of people have their BFPs with FET cycles, I can't wait to see how yours goes and have a great feeling about this for you x

Kazza - how are you doing hon? Are the headaches still coming?

Monkeyfeet - welcome back, glad you had a fantastic time in NYC. Hope all goes well at Guys today and you are on track. Hope they are keeping a really good eye on you so you don't over stimulate like last time.

Serena - i know what you mean about testing, that's how i felt last time. However the AF signs might be a good thing. On thier 3rd ivf attempt my SIL was sure it had failed and she was about to get AF and it worked! Now have 13yr old twins.

I've also read quite a few stories about success with FET so am really keeping my fingers crossed that it works this time. Just wish i knew more about timescales, as won't know when i;m going in for scan until AF comes. This cycle seems to be even longer than a fresh one!!

Kazza - hope you're doing ok and avoiding those ghastly headaches.

Tinkerbell - if you see this have a brillant wedding, definately the best day!!

k xx

Hi Ladies sorry i have been away, my mums had a bloody mental breakdown and ive had to get her in hospital, ive been devastated. So im not sure if its being stressed out thats kept my headaches at bay or they just havent been as bad!!!

Serena, really hoping AF stays away, your cramps could be implantation!!!

Key, Glad things are going ok for you!!!

Monkeyfeet, how many days into stims are you know? what dose are you on again? Has EC been booked yet?

Kazza I'm so sorry to hear about your mum. Really hope she is doing ok and being looked after. Hope youve got some support too. Thinking of you. Xx

Serena hope your cramps have gone, as the girls say, this could well be implantation cramps. Have absolutely everything crossed and am feeling really positive for you.

Key, here's to hoping AF comes around really soon.

I am 7 days into stim. They reduced me from 225-150 after bloods on Thursday and have had more bloods and a scan today. Scan shows far less follicles than last time (think I had 18 last time but just 10 today) so feeling really down about that. Increased dose again to 225 as of today and back Monday for another scan. Really not sure when ec will be, just have to wait and see.

Hope everyone is making most of the sunshine.xx

Kazza- so sorry to hear about your mum, hope she is doing a bit better now. Do you have any siblings who can share the load, as you really don't need extra stress at the moment.

Monkeyfeet sure you must be disappointed about the number of follicles, but remember quality is definitely much more important than quantity in this game! So fingers crossed when it comes to ec you'll have some really great looking embies!!

Serena - still got everything crossed for you hun, really hoping you get some great news on Wednesday.

Still no AF my end which is annoying so just got to keep going until she comes to find put when scan will be. Am now just hoping that the jubilee bank hols is not going to mess me up too much in terms of transfers etc.

Hope your all having a lovely weekend - I've been out weeding this morning which was fun!!

K xx

Hi key any af yet??? Glad your getting on better with the injections!

Serena, how are you, I'm feeling very positive for you! Have you resisted testing? Anymore symptoms?

Monkeyfeet, sorry to hearof your follies but still more time to grow!!

Afm no siblings to share the load just my aunt, and uncle and nan who are all very supportive!

Af has just left for me so hopefully when I go for my scan on Monday I will be ok to tart injections!

Kazza - that is such terrible news about your mum. You must be so stressed out at the moment. I hope she's ok and getting lots of help from the drs and her family, as well as all the support you're giving x how are you coping with it all? Really hope you're ok and your scan's ok next week x

Monkeyfeet - don't be down about the number of follicles, they may all be great quality and you will have some good blasts. It's really hard not to be disappointed but Key's right it's all about quality. Last round Key had fewer follicles than me or Kazza and yet she was the one who got the frosties x How are you feeling on the injections?

Key - how's it going with the down regging? Any sign of AF? Can you do the injections on your own now or do you need your husband to do it? I'm not looking forward to anything fiddly.

AFM - not good news. Started to bleed on Sunday like before and wasn't as sad/shocked this time, I def think having the frozen ones helps ease the stress a little bit. It's got loads heavier but didn't think anything of it as it was bad last time, but woke up at 4am in agony. Went into the toilet and it was a lot worse and I started to pass out but sat back on the loo and waited until everything came back. I was in so much pain I couldn't even call my husband as I was doubled over. I got back to the bedroom & woke my husband up & I was covered in sweat & shivering. I took painkillers and lay there until 7 when I rang the emergency ACU mobile number. Nobody answered! Dr Tom rang back at 7.30 & said he thought I was having a miscarriage but to continue with the pessiaries & test tomorrow as he's seen some cases where the woman's had the same symptoms but still been pregnant! Crazy! He said to go to the emergency room if I collapse. Which made me laugh. My husband's working from home today in case I collapse but the pain's eased a lot so think I'm over the worst of it. Not feeling to upset or anything but was scary last night.

Anyway, sorry to sound so moany and over dramatic. Loads of people have really early miscarriages so don't think it's a big deal x

Oh Serena, I am so so sorry you've ha such a horrible couple of days, sounds like agony. So glad you have now been able to speak to dr Tom and the pain has gone. Thinking of you. It's so difficult I know that nothing I say, hopeful or otherwise will help right now, just need to rest up and test tomorrow.xxxxx

And you are totally not being dramatic, it doesn't mater how many people go through anything, it doesnt make it any less relevant and the pain / hurt any less so and everyone needs to be able to have a cry or rant and reach out for comfort and support. This group has been so good for me and made me feel I can have an outlet to people who understand (outside of oh who of course does, but it's different) and many a time the things you have all written have cheered me up or made me smile or given me Hope (sorry if that sounds cheesy) but I really value it so would like to think this is the place we can say what we are feeling.xxx

Serena, I'm so sorry that you are going through a bad time, I, keeping everything crossed just in case dr Tom is right! Your not moaning and I totally second what Monkeyfeet says!! Not dramatic and very relevant! I'm keeping that hope for you!

Monkeyfeet, when's your next scan?

Key any news your end?

Serena so sorry to hear about your terrible experience on Sun / monday morning. How are you feeling now? I really hope you doing better and not in so much pain. The body goes through so much on a ivf cycle (FET is so far a walk in the park in comparision) that i'm surprised anyone gets pregnant! You've got some great frozen embroyos so still have lots of hope for that BFP.

Also have to echo what Monkeyfeet says - the whole point of this group is to rant, rave, share the bad (and hopefully one day good!) of this terrible process! So no holding back that's what we're here for to keep eachother sane.

Kazza hope you're holding up ok your end and you're mums getting better.

Am thinking of both you and Serena tonight and sending big hugs :hugs:

Still no AF for me - beginning to think she is never going to arrive, but other than that all ok. Still no headaches, have managed to do injections myself last couple of days as travelling again - although it is easier with OH.

take care all

k xx

Hi,

Serena, how are you hon? Been thinking of you lots.xx

Kazza, how's your mum doing? Hope you are ok.xx

Sorry you still have no AF key, typical hey. Fingers crossed it arrives soon.

Afm, today is egg collection. Not feeling anywhere near as bloated as last time, mist likely as i dont have many follicles but i have developed a cyst which they will drain whilst there. Feeling fairly negative an know I need to sort that out as not helping but hey ho, will know where we stand in a few hours.

Love to all.xx

Good luck Monkeyfeet - hope the ec all goes well. And just remember quality not quantity!!!! I'll be keeping everything crossed for you.

Serena - how you doing?Really hope you've had a better few days and are at least more comfortable now. Thinking of you and send you lots of love

Kazza - uoi've got your scan on Monday haven't you? glad things are moving nicely

k x

Hi all :hi:

Well we got home on Monday from an amazing 3 weeks and are now Mr & Mrs :happydance:

Feeling extremely depressed with post wedding & holiday blues and just want to slump myself on the sofa :( and this awful weather isn't helping after all the sunshine we've come from.

How are you all? where is everyone upto with treatments? I will read back through the last few pages and try to catch up.

AF arrived today so have rang Guy's and now just waiting for a call back in the next few days to start our IVF cycle. Feeling so nervous and scared about it now, can't believe how quick it's come round x

Welcome back Tinkerbell - sounds like you had a fantastic time and congratulations again on the wedding.

Glad AF has arrived now you can start to get excited about the IVF treatment - i am sure it will certainly help with the post wedding blues.

For me i am still waiting for bloody AF to arrive, have been on the down regging injections for 12 days and can't find out when scan or FET will be until AF arrives.

Nice to have you back.

Monkeyfeet - how'd you get on today hun? hope the ec wasn't too painful and you got a good number of follicles

k xx

Hi ladies

Sorry I've been away bnb kicked me off!! Cheek!

Anyhow, Tinkerbell many congratulations!! Sorry your feeling down but at least your going to be off and running with your treatment now!

Monkeyfeet, how are you? Did you have to have the cyst drained, how many eggs did you get, I hope you were pleasantly surprised!

Key can't believe af mhasn't arrived! Can't you cann guys and seek some advice/reassurance?

Serena anymore news, how you feeling?

OH has been saying that same that i should contact Guys to ask - so have just left a msg and we'll see what they say.

I've had a few probs with the site - i think they changed it again.

Hope you're mum is doing a lot better Kazza

Monkeyfeet & serena - thinking of you both lots, hope you're ok

k xx

Hi all,

Welcome back Tinkerbell! Sounds like you had a fab time! Congrats on being Mrs! Glad AF has arrived so you can finally get off an running, natural to be anxious but it's all very exciting too.

Key hope guys come back to you soon.

Kazza you're always away! Hope you're doing ok.

Serena how are you doing lovely?

Update my end, seems some follicles came from nowhere after my last scan and they got 13 eggs from 12 follicles yesterday. Just had the embryologist call to say 9 were injected and 8 have fertilised. Think that's more than last time for us. Will need to go back and check. Been booked for Sunday transfer but will get a call from them in the morning. Have come out in a burning rash all over my face and chest today. Not sure what that is, hopefully will go down soon.

H.x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"