IVF/ICSI at Guys? Anyone else?

Hey

Monkeyfeet, im sorry to hear of your rash hope its nothing to bad hun, but on the up side thats great news about your eggies and embies!!! How many did you get last time?

Key, any news did guys come back to you?

serena how you doing hun

afm hopefully all being well i will be stimming monday.

My mum is doing much better thank you for asking, hopefully next week they will let her come home!!

Great news Monkeyfeet - 8 fertilised is fantastic, i'm really happy for you. Hope the rash goes down soon though, that doesn't sound very pleasant!

Spoke to Guys and apparently is is unusual not to get AF but not rare. She said to take pregnancy test just in case (which i'll do in the morning but think highly unlikely) and to call back if no AF in another week - and they'll book me in for scan. So ongoing injections and praying for AF it is!!

Hope you all have a nice weekend, and Serena hope your doing ok hun

k xx

Hello everyone,

Sorry to also not be on here in a while - I cant blame the site though as it's my stupid phone not connecting to the internet.

Kazza - i'm so glad your mum is doing better. will she be staying with you when she comes? I hope you're doing ok. stimming Monday fingers crossed x

Key - If you get AF between cycles that will be so fantastic, I'm really excited for tomorrow morning now. Bet you don't sleep tonight!

Monkeyfeet - that is so fantastic about 8 embryos. You must be so pleased. Hopefully they'll all develop nicely and you'll have 1 or 2 to transfer and a few to freeze x

Tinkerbell - the post wedding/honeymoon blues are just a sign of how much fun you had x

AFM - i'm much better. bleeding has mostly gone off but still a few cramps. going to have a few months off as have weddings and holidays that I want to be able to drink for. also prob good to have a break as the last 6 months are tiring! Got my next appt on June 18th with Dr Reddy so they'll prob explain FET. Except I already know as Key is so good at explaining things x

I've had Debbie (nurse) a few times now and even though she seemed a little grumpy at first she has always been lovely since. I also LOVE the head nurse Alice - have any of you had her? she's the nicest nurse ever.

Just babbling now. Better go. Wine to drink!

Kazza - glad to hear your mum is coming home that's great. i'm sure you'll be fine for stimming monday and hopefully still on track for ec towards end of month

Serena - great to hear from you, and you're sounding very positive. I think having the summer off is a great idea. If it doesn't work for us on this FET i think i'll do the same and pick things up again in September. Like you say, definately need time out to get head together and HAVE SOME FUN!!!!

The body is a very funny thing. Work up to period pains at 5am this morning and AF finally arrived, just a few hours before i was going to do test. I knew was pregnant but think OH was getting quite hopefull! So at least it is here so i can now start the other tablets, drop down the injection dosage and find out when scan will be (although don't think i'm going to bother calling Guys til Monday).

Anyway off shopping today so have a great weekend all

k xx

Good luck today Monkeyfeet if transfer goes ahead, take it nice and easy and watch loads of rubbish TV!

K x

Thanks Key, had the call this morning to say we are rescheduling for Tuesday. Sounds like quality is much better than last time.

So pleased AF arrived for you key, well on your way now.

Serena glad to hear you're doing a bit better. Admire your positivity an totally don't blame you for taking a break. Next time will be less invasive with the FET. Enjoy the summer.x

Kazza, I think you have a scan tomorrow, good luck, let us know how you get on.

H

Monkeyfeet - that's great did they give you any details about the 8 embryos? Good luck for Tues

Key - glad that AF has just arrived & you can move on to the next stage. Don't blame your OH for getting his hopes up, it is actually impossible not to x how are the new pills? Any nausea yet?

Kazza - good luck for tomorrow hope the scan shows lots of follicles x

Great - sounds like you'll have some 5 day blasts to transfer then, that's excellent news. Now you can relax and enjoy the weekend and look forward to Tuesday

Kazza - good luck tomorrow hope all goes well

k x

Thanks Serena -
so far ok on pills, although a couple of headaches over weekend but not sure if that is AF, down reg catching up or new pills?? Spoke to Guys today (got through to someone straight away which always surprises the hell out of me!) and am booked for a scan on Friday 1st. Don't know why i was told before it was only on Thursday. They reckon the transfer will be the following week, i need to be on pessaries for at least 6 days so probably Weds 6th or Thurs 7. I can't wait this time and am getting really impatient.

Serena - how was your weekend, hope you had lots of booze + fun (you'll need to drink for us too still at the moment!) I've got a feeling you're going to have a fantastic summer and then successful FET whenever you choose to give it a go

Kazza - how'd it go today?

Monkeyfeet - good luck tomorrow, hope all goes well

Tinkerbell - how are you settling back in Mrs!!

k xx

Hi Everyone.

Monkeyfeet, sounds like you are going to get a good few blasties!!!!! brilliant!!!

Serena, Hope you enjoying your break from TTC, well needed!!!

Tinkerbell hope you are feeling better hun.

Key, sounds like we will be doing the 2ww around the same time ish!!

I had my scan today, thin lining and no cysts so i start injections today. I had a chat with a Dr and they were completely against me increasing my Gonal F dose on the basis i have LOADS of follies naturally and once my dose was upped on day 6 to 112.5 my eastrogen levels shot up and was border line overstimming, but i didnt feel like i was overstimming but as i am getting an extra 6 days on 112.5 hopefully that will make all the difference.

Back on friday for a blood test. so if i stim for 11 days like last time that will mean ec will be around 1st of June and then transfer 3rd or 5th June.

Im excited but ... sorry to bring the thread down but if i dont get any frosties and it dont work im not sure how the hell i will be about it!!! Im really worried about that side of it!!

key -

Hi ladies, I am sorry it has been so long since I last checked in with everyone but was feeling really down at the beginning of my treatment and didn't want to bring anyone down, plus started to freak out about a few things that I read on the net so Hubby and I decided it would be better for us to have an internet black out and try and have the best experience we could without freaking out over some of the things you read on the net
I have read back over what you have all been saying and I am so sorry that you have been having a hard time of it during your treatment and I debated for ages as to weather or not to write but after reading something someone put on here about needing to hear something positive and feeling down that it didn't work i thought I would just jump in and say hi and that it does work please don't loose faith I feel this is really easy for me to say and hope it doesn't come across as patronising but we were extremly lucky that it worked for us we took our test on Easter Sunday and I will be 12weeks next Friday
I read that TInkerbell your worried about the quality of your husbands sperm and weather it would work for you, my husbands sperm was 2million with only 30%of that normal and it worked for us so please don't let that stress you out just try and relax and have the best experience you can during your treatment
I am keeping my fingers crossed for you all ladies and I know it will work for you all
I Really hope you don't mind me posting just wanted to give you something positive as I know when your going through this we all need something positive to hang on to
:hugs:

J honey it's really lovely to hear from you! A positive result is exactly what the dr ordered for me!! Many congratulations!! I am so so pleased for you!! Gives me some hope!!

May I ask, how many embies did you get? And did you o a 3or five day transfer?

Congrats Jhoney - that's fantastic news and thanks for sharing, it does help to know that there are success stories out there.

Kazza - it does sound like maybe keeping you on the lower does is a better idea and i'm keeping everything crossed for many frozen embies and a successfully BFP on the fresh transfer! Glad to see we will be 2ww buddies :thumbup:

Monkeyfeet -how'd it go today? Did they transfer just one if it's a 5day blast?

kx

Congrats jhoney! Fab news and def the positive vibes we need!

I agree Kazza, overstim is by pleasant and could
Put whole cycle at risk. Great you're in to injections now though an as you say, be nice that you both do 2ww together.

We've got two blasts in board... And min of two frozen! We are so pleased about the frozen oo and may have more tomorrow try will let us know. We asked for two back in and they didn't fight it and understood why as we're paying and it's our 2nd try. Trying to stay positive but already feel better that we have some in the freezer should we get the dreaded bfn.
Now the longest 2 weeks of our lives commences!

Oh monkey feet that's great news!!! They always come across like they won't put two back but I suppose if your paying you carry that bit of extra weight!!!fingers crossed!!!

Great news monkeyfeet - are they 2 x 5days? You might get twins - how exciting!!!

They suggested 1 as they said quality so much better than last time (makes me wonder what mess of cells we put back last time) but we asked for two, which they had anticipated we would do. Two 5 day blasts. Still can't believe we will have some frosties too, just feels
Like a bit of a safety barrier.

Hi, I took my first Gonal F today at 225iui. Very strange to jab myself in the stomach. Good thing it wasn't as painful as normal jabs.

Got a question for some of you ladies out there, does Guys usually resist if you ask to put back two embryos? I reckon for most people, it's more a case of increasing your chances rather than hoping for twins. I was thinking of asking for 2 but read a few remarks that Guys does not like it? If you insist, will they respect your decision?

Hi girls thank you so much have been thinking about posting for weeks but didn't want to upset anyone wish I had done it a lot sooner now

Kazza: We had 26 Eggs removed which in turn made me so sick I hyperstimulated and nearly ended up being admitted to hospital so def not something I would recommend.
During my treatment I was put on a max of 150 of gonalf but this was quickly taken down to 112 with a couple of days and then 75 I only took the stim drugs for about 8days
We had 1 5day Embie put back which was at the hatching stage and we have 5 frozen so lots of brothers and sisters for this one, well maybe not 5 more babies this first 12weeks have made me feel like an old women can't stay awake past 9pm these days.

Monkeyfeet 2 5 day embies you are so going to have twins how great is that, stay positive this is going to work for you I know this sounds all a little mumbo jumbo but I really am into positive thinking and believe positive mind makes a positive body I know this is not always easy to do but I truley believe if you can keep yourself in a good place it will help
I will keep everything crossed for you

It wont be long until we're all in the same boat, throwing up all day, exhausted and going off of all your fav foods!!!!

J honey - thank you so much for posting your positive story, it's so great to read it was a success for you :) makes me feel so much more positive about the whole thing, I was really hoping to hear all the other ladies on this thread have good news last time and was gutted for them all so it's nice to have some great news in this thread.
Was it your first round?

Keeping everything crossed for you Monkeyfeet, I have a feeling it's going to be good news for you x

Well, Guys rang me yesterday and I have an appointment for June 5th and will start meds June 6th :), they said I should hear from the pharmacy company to arrange the delivery. I can't believe in 2 weeks I'll be starting the nasal spray, it's come round so, so quickly.
I'm really starting to over think everything at the moment now though, hoping I can clear my head soon and stay relaxed and positive that this WILL work and I'll be pregnant come July.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->