IVF/ICSI at Guys? Anyone else?

Kazza great to hear you've lots loads of follicles - am really excited for you for Friday. I'm also in Guys on Friday for my scan, maybe i'll see you in the waiting area!!

Monkeyfeet - you've made it 7 days into the 2ww, not long to go now hun. As always have everything crossed for good result.

Hope everyone else is doing ok, i am just loving the sunshine at the moment!
Can't wait til Friday when hopefully i'll come off the down reg injections (it will be a month by then!) and start the final part ready for transfer :thumbup:

k xx

Hiya!! I'm loving this sunshine too!!! Hope it stays into next week as I'm off next week!! If it is Friday I'll let you know what time perhaps we will see you!!! how funny!!

Down regging for 4 weeks brave!!! What's the next stage?

I'm back tomorrow for another scan and blood test they dropped my dose yesterday too!!

How's everyone doing?

Just came back fr Guys. EC scheduled for this Friday. Gee that's 3 of us possibly being in Guys on Friday. Enough people for a small party :haha:... although Kazzab and I will more likely be in a dazz with the anaesthetic :wacko: My follicles scan:

L (6 follies): 19mm, 18mm, 16mm, 15mm, 2 <10mm
R (9 follies): 21mm, 19mm, 19mm, 18mm, 17mm, 16mm, 16mm, 15mm, 13mm

Kazzab: How did your appointment go? Is Friday EC confirm?

Key: Down reg for a month is no joke! Key us posted on Friday.

Monkeyfeet :hugs: for Sat...

Tinkerbell: Your meds delivered? When do you start Buserelin? We're hear to listen if the drugs drive you nuts :) I know if did me!

You know ladies, IVF is a very strange thing. I read quite a few postings in the past month. Some ladies do very well during the whole down reg, stimulation, EC/ET process...but don't conceive. Some ladies like jhoney really give us hope: pcos, no period for 18 months, ohss...and she conceived on 1st attempt! I nearly feel like we're playing with lottery.

Kazzab: Do you know your follicles reading and did they do an estradiol test for you? I'm wondering if they are asking me to take my HCG a bit early (tonight) just because the weekend is coming up....

I don't no all my reading I no I've got 5 follies over 18 mm and loads around 16 and 17 mark! What's an estradiol test??

They say if you have five follies measuring 18 mm or more then your ready for collection so I don't think they will be triggering early I have requested to have collection Monday due to the large number that are just under 18 but if my bloods high it will be Friday! At the lister I read today that they like follies to be 16 or more so we should have plenty !

What times your collection Friday?

I don't no all my reading I no I've got 5 follies over 18 mm and loads around 16 and 17 mark! What's an estradiol test??

They say if you have five follies measuring 18 mm or more then your ready for collection so I don't think they will be triggering early I have requested to have collection Monday due to the large number that are just under 18 but if my bloods high it will be Friday! At the lister I read today that they like follies to be 16 or more so we should have plenty !

What times your collection Friday?

Estradiol is the estrogen level blood test. Suppose to be more than 2000pg/ml before u trigger HCG. Sounds like you had a blood test done. Why didn't they test my level? :shrug:

https://infertility.about.com/od/infertilitytreatments/ss/ivf_treatment_5.htm

Monkeyfeet & Key - Did u ladies have a blood/estradiol test before administering HCG?

Informative:
https://infertilityblog.blogspot.co.uk/2009/09/when-is-right-time-for-hcg.html

The power of the internet. Looks like I won't be calling Guys to ask them why they didn't check my estradiol level :)

Wishing you lots of luck for EC on Friday Anastacia, hope all goes smoothly. Sounds like you got a great number of follicles, not sure what the average is though as they didn't tell me any of that yet.

How comes you've been down regging for a month, Key? Sorry if you've all ready explained and I've missed it. I thought this bit was just for 2 weeks.

Meds delivered yesterday and have to say it really hit us that it's happening and happening now, we felt like 'this time' was so far away when we found out we needed ICSI back in Feb but its comes round so fast.

Anastacia is Buserelin the nasal spray? I haven't been sent that. I've got Syneral nasal spray and Gonal F injections. Was pleased to see the needles and pen the Gonal F is in is just like my insulin pen so should be no problems getting used to. I take first dose of nasal spray next Wednesday, also at Guys then to have doses etc explained

Hi ladies,

Tinkerbell, all come round quickly you'll be At ec stage in no time!!

I had my call from guys due to my PCOS I had lots of blood tests my estrogen levels are 11,900 and they like to see about 10,000 but not over worried but would like to stretch out until Monday as I would run a risk of over stim so I'm booked for 11 o clock Friday and need to be there by 10, key and Anastacia when are you due up there on Friday? Will our paths cross?

I've got 5 follies over 18 and 9 between 16 and 18 which will grow more by Friday!

My blood levels are much better than last time too so fingers crossed that's not just guys being over optimistic again!!!

So all 3 of us will be there on Friday!! My appt is at 10.30 so could well see you before your Ec - although from last time for our ec they took us in pretty quick to prep, so you'll probably be in before i arrive.

Anastacia- what time are you in?

It sounds like you both have a great number of follciles. I have to say i had no idea before the Ec - i don't have PCOS so just had the one scan about day 9, where they said things were looking good and to go for the trigger. Perhaps i didn't ask the right questions!

Your definately right about the whole IVF thing being a lottery, think all we can do is what feels right for us and keep everything crossed that it will work - and try and keep sane :winkwink:

Tinkerbell - glad meds are what you are used to, you'll be absolutely fine and the EC day will be here before you know it.

Down reg does go on for ages because you still continue it even once you start stimulation injections. But on a frozen cycle i've been doing down reg injections, then AF was late so has worked out it's been a month of injections (plus 2 weeks of some other tablets which i think help with lining, but can't really remember!). Isn't it funny we just take the drugs we're told without really knowing much about them!!!

Anyway Kazza / Anastacia good luck for Friday as i probably won't be online before then and i'll keep an eye out for you. Hopefully i'll be told transfer day on Friday...

I hope everyone else is doing well and feeling positive :thumbup:

k xx

Oooooo good luck Friday key look forward to your update, don't forget if you hear a Karen baker!! That's me!!!

haha....looks like the 3 of us will be in Guys at the same time. How weird!!! I'm booked in for 9:30. Have to be there 8:30...BUT....I've been super naughty. I just got home and took my HCG jab 40 minutes late!!!! *sigh* I'll call the nurse tomorrow to see what she has to say as I know it's extremely important to take the HCG jab as prescribed.

Kazzab: If I keep my original appointment, I should just be waking up from my sedation when you are about to start yours.

Tinkerbell: I don't know why I keep saying that I take Buserelin (the down reg jabs)....I don't! I take synarel like you :) Good luck on starting yours.

Oooooooo that would mean I'd deffinatly see you hahaha

Good luck tomorrow make your you post your update Hun !!

Hi Everyone hope your all doing well, Good luck Kazza, Key and Anastacia Best of Luck for tomorrow I know you will all do great how exciting that you guys are coming to the end of this process

I totally agree about the lottery thing there really is no rhyme or reason why it does or doesn't work but for us we found that we went into it with the attitude of this will work for us and anything else that happens we will deal with after. We also didn't listen to what others said, people are always full of stories about what happened to their friends etc and we just thought forget any negative stories this is our journey and we will make our own mind up about it, some people can be so negative and we didn't want anyone bringing us down. My husband and I feel so blessed and I don't think we will ever forget what a miracle our little peanut is.

Although not so little anymore I seem to be busting at the seams I have no trousers that fit and can no longer hide the fact that I have a bump on board and I am only 12 weeks tomorrow, my husband and his brothers are 6ft 4 and over so I guess this is going to be a big baby I don't think the comment of my husband saying how are you going to get that head out of that small hole really helped, Men!!!!!

This page is fully of such great women you are all great so kind and understanding and it is the best feeling to talk to people who understand all the feelings we go through that others can never understand even though they try.

Have a great Bank holiday weekend everyone enjoy the extra two days off work, bliss!!! fingers crossed for some sun this weekend

Hi everyone!

Glad things are going well j honey!

Hi to tinkerbell and serena hope your both ok!

Monkeyfeet 2ww almost over! Good luck for tomorrow!

Key was so nice to see you today!!!!! Hope the scan went well any updates??

Anastacia, how was egg collection for you??

AFM feeling but sick and tired but we got 19 eggs much more than
I expected! Bit I'm prepared to lose some due to some smaller follies!

Hello, the EC process was not all that scary after all. Totally passed out and woke up feeling pain free....tummy discomfort only started after an hour of leaving Guys. Have taken paracetomal and having mild discomfort at the moment.

22 eggs with 11 follicles size above 14mm. Guys will call tomorrow to inform us how those little ones perform overnight.

Kazzab: Were you in bed #2 today? Was your hubby in a pink shirt? I was recovering in bed #3 when I heard a lady said she took her HCG at Wed 11pm. Thought it could be you. When i came out to say hi, they have already wheeled the lady to the theatre.

Key: Hope your scan went well.

JHoney: You'll be needing new clothes and shoes soon. Friend of mine who's 7 months preggy was just telling me how her feet are a little swollen and she's getting some shoes this weekend. How exciting preparing for motherhood :)

Oh my god yes that was us!!! And key and I actually met too!! I r
Was your bay sort of opposite mine or next door??

Did you get 11 or 22 eggies? Looking forward to the updates tomorrow, my oh count want very good today!!!!

Kazzab: Just noticed from your status that you're actually doing ICSI. Just wondering why is ICSI recommended for some. I'm on IVF (doc never discussed an ICSI alternative).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->