IVF/ICSI at Guys? Anyone else?

Oh Monkeyfeet, what AMAZING news :hugs: I'm so happy for you, praying for a sticky bean this time and have a good feeling x

That's great number of fertilised eggs Kazza, will you be having 1 or 2 put back or wait till transfer to decide?

Wow, just caught up with about 5 pages of forum!

Monkeyfeet - that is such fantastic news, I am so happy for you and really think this time it'll all work out and you'll have 1 or 2 gorgeous babies in 8 months time. Much love to you and your husband x how many frozen embryos did you get for future brothers and sisters?

Kazza - great news hon, 9 embryos is brilliant. And 19 eggs! You must have responded so well to the slightly higher dose, that's great. Are you feeling at all OHSS? Can't wait to hear how they're getting on in a few days. I take itGuys are open over the bank hols?

Key - that's a shame about having to keep on the drugs. Another week and it'll all be transferred. Hope you're ok & Monkeyfeet & jhoneys great news has cheered you up x

Jhoney - lovely to hear your expanding at a great rate! 6 ft 4!! Ouch! Much love to you x

Anastacia - did you hear back from Guys?

Tinkerbell - hope you're ok & enjoying the long weekend x

Hiya,

Serena, Howvare you Hun?

I don't think I feel ohss, apart from being bloated and thirsty I'm ok! Much happier with 9 embies, hope we will get some frozen, how many embies did you ladies have in order to get some frozen?

Guys are open Monday, we have a provisional transfer time for 11.45

That's great Kazza, this time tomorrow you might be on your way to transfer!
I had 7 embryos & had 2 transferred and 3 frozen so I really hope you get a nice lot of frosties this round x

I'm doing good thanks. Been really busy with weddings, festivals and catching up with all my friends which has been lovely. Off to Blackpool this morning to see all of my husbands friends (this is where he's from, they haven't all just migrated to the pleasure beach!). I'm enjoying the break so far but still thinking of all of you and hoping everything works perfectly for you all this round x

Serena, sounds like your having a great time on your break! Must be soon nice to have a break from all this and get some normality back!!

I think if this does not work we might jump straight into a fet, if we get any frozen and if that fails then a break for us too, maybe get married and then start over again!!

Tinkerbell, I want two pit back but I think if I get o day I've guys will be very reluctant and my oh isn't that supportive, he just says do what the dr tell you they know best!!

Anastacia really hope you have lots of embies and , hope your doing well after ec!

Great to hear from you Serena - sounds like you're feeling enjoying the break - I'm very jealous!! Plus I think this break will put you in good stead for the FET.

Anastacia did you hear how many follicles fertilised?
Kazzagood luck for tomorrow if the transfer goes ahead then, will be thinking of you.

Hope everyone else is OK - we're off to see the boats today!!

Kxx

Serena, great to hear from you! Glad you are doing well and sounds like you have a busy summer planned!
I ended up with 4 in the freezer. Thank you so much for your kind words.

Kazza, good luck for today, let us know how you get on or if you get rescheduled. Thinking of you.

Anastacia, you ok hon?

Thanks again all, and hope you're enjoying the long bank hol!!

H.xx

Hiya,

Just to let you know we are going for day five transfer on Wednesday we have 5 looking good today!!! Very pleased!!

Monkey feet how you feeling any symptoms yet?

Anastacia any news hope your ok x

Woohoo!! Great news Kazza, looking good for some frosties
Too! Now you can go out an enjoy rest of weekend. How are you feeling now? X

Feeling ok thanks. Same symptoms as progesterone really with sore (.)(.) and tiredness. Had a little nausea when in car with oh but could just be motion.

Hi ladies,

I heard back from Guys on Sat and was surprise that I was so affected by the results. Had 22 eggs on EC with 11 above 14mm. Read that an average of 40%-60% would usually get fertilised. Was stumped when Guys informed me that only 6 were fertilised. Always thought I was taking this whole IVF thing easy to avoid disappointment as I deem it more of a "lottery"...was surprise that I felt pretty down to only have 6 out of 22 fertilised.

Another call this morning. 3 out of 6 have grown reasonably well. 6 cells, 8 cells and 10 cells will sit out to Blastocyst. I'm only grateful that the embryos have grown according to the general average (50% grow to Day 3).

I know that averages are too generic but those are the only indicative numbers that can help me understand how embies grow. The next challenge is that average embies that grow to Blastocyst is 1/3. It makes me wonder if I will have any transfer on Day 5....

Guess I'm prepared for the worse. Don't feel too bad at the moment after having a good cry on Sat night (not sure why!...there are people with more serious problems in life right??). I'm just praying these 3 little ones will stay strong and healthy.

Ladies, I think we should all get an award for being so brave. Trying to have a baby takes such a toll on the mental and emotions.

Oh anastacia im sorry your feeling this way!! But... They must think these look ok or they wouldn't take you to day five. I did also feel dissapointed to lose so many eggs but I suppose when you lots of follies like us, many of those won't be as good and now we are down to the strongest ones! Keep that chin up, I no it seems like bad news but I honestly don't think they would push you to day five if they were concerned over the quality! They'll keep growing and I'm sure you will have some perfect blasts to put back on wednesday you only need one!! xxxx

Anastacia, I echo what Kazza says in tht totally understand why you've been feeling so down, but they really wouldn't let you go to day 5 if they weren't confident they would keep developing. It's quality not quantity and you have some great quality judging by the number of cells at day 3. Rest up and take the next couple of days easy.

Xxx

Kazzab: All the best to you too. Hope your embies stay strong and you continue to have good quality and numbers in Blastocyst. This cycle has gone really well for you and fingers crossed it will continue down this path.

Monkeyfeet: Hope you're doing well on your first weeks :) What's next for you? Is a scan due? Since you put back two embies...we could be looking at twins? :)

Tinkerbell: 2 more days till you start! Excited? :)

Serena: Good to hear from you. Keeping busy and your mind off the baby thing for awhile can only be healthy for the soul :)

What time is your appt on Wednesday, mines 11.10!

Are you still feeling bloated and achy? I'm feeling ok just with these symptoms and I have developed some ulcers! Yuk!

What time is your appt on Wednesday, mines 11.10!

Are you still feeling bloated and achy? I'm feeling ok just with these symptoms and I have developed some ulcers! Yuk!

Mine's 11:30am...Looks like our path will cross again :)

My tummy was rather uncomfortable on EC day but got better over the last 2 days. Hmm....must be all the dehydration. Take lots of water. Hope your ulcer go away soon. Did the nurse ask you to drink 1litre of water for ET? That's a lot of water by 11am!!

I'll be coming out as you go in!! No she didn't say a litre just a full bladder

Good luck Kazza and Anastacia today - hope all goes well. Just wanted to say really don't worry about egg number, we only had 9 collected in all and 5 fertilised and we have 2 x5 day frozen - it really is quality over quantity.

k xx

Thanks ladies :) I'm excited abt the doc's visit in 2 hours time. Maybe we'll come away with nothing to transfer (might as well be mentally prepared), maybe we'll have 3 strong embies. Regardless am feeling happy for some reason :)

Key: One more day to your scan :) The long awaited day draws nigh.

Tinkerbell: Loving synarel? :p

Kazzab: Fingers and toes crossing for ya :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"