IVF/ICSI at Guys? Anyone else?

Thanks All.

Key: Glad you have an ET date. Won't be long now. If I read your progress correctly, you have to down reg and do the stimming even for FET? The only thing is that you don't do an EC? Why not do an EC than after going through all the drugs? Hope I'm not being nosy, just trying to understand the process for FET.

Thanks Monkeyfeet, Ithink I'll give testing early a try! I can imagine how stressful this continues to be even after you bfp!! Really looking forward to your fret scan, good focus point!! Any new symptoms or s it just like af pains?

Kazza glad that you had a good chat with someone at Guys, it's always good to put your mind at rest. Here's hoping the 2ww is too dreadful!

Monkeyfeet - is that your first scan in July? I thought they normally did one at about 7 weeks for ivf. I can imagine how difficult it must be to try and relax into the pregnancy - but have a good feeling for you this time :)

Anastacia - no there is no stimming on an FET, but the injections are my down regging drugs. Started them on Day21 so 5th May (same as fresh cycle) then when AF arrives you carry on at a reduced dose but start the tablets to help with lining. Then when lining is almost ready you start pessaries 6 days before transfer & stop injections. But it took ages to get AF and lining has been quite slow, so that's why this process feels like it has been going on forever!!!

Still at least i have a light at the end of the tunnel now.

Have a great weekend all

k x

Apologies, you are right key, my typo first scan is 26th June not July. No change in symptoms.

How is everyone else doing?x

That's not long at all Monkeyfeet- hopefully it comes round really quick for you

Kx

Kazza and Anastacia how are you both feeling?

Key, glad you finally got a date for ET

Monkeyfeet, how are you doing? just another couple of weeks till your scan, im sure it will be here in no time.

ASF - started nasal spray on Wednesday, so on day 4 now and so far so good. No side effects or anything though i'm guessing it's still a bit to soon? but hope it continues like this.

Hi Tinkerbell, the 2ww is dragging for me, I have the erg to test tomorrow with a frer but I'll only be 4dp5dt!

Glad the nasals not Ben too bad for you if I remember rightly my headaches started after about a week buti never had any hot flushes I had a foggy brain for a while too!

Key really looking forward to your transfer next week? Really hope we all get our bfp!

Anastacia hows the 2ww treating you?

Hi Ladies

So pleased to hear everyone is doing so well.

Congratulations on your positive result monkeyfeet, try not to worry about all the pains your having I had the exact same thing, they feel just like period pains sometimes they would wake me in the night and they didn't completely stop until about a week ago, I totally agree with you the worry never stops and I think I have finally realised that from the moment we decide we want a baby the worry starts and thats it for life now, even once their born we will worry all part of being parents I guess. Enjoy your 8week scan I cried like a baby the nurse did kind of look at me like I was crazy but it was very emotional esp when you see that little heart beat:cry: or maybe two in your case:happydance:

Kazza and Anastasia how are you both feeling, it is so hard to wait the two weeks but we waited until the day they suggested to test.
Only because we had done so many when we were trying before ivf that came back negative that I really hate them. So I put it off for as long as possible.
I know this sounds crazy but I enjoyed the two weeks wait telling myself I was pregnant and talking to my little peanut and I didn't want anyone or anything to take that away so I was happy to wait in my own little bubble.
If I had my way I would of just waited for symptoms to kick in and never done the test but hubby was beyond excited to do the test on test day and had me awake by 6am:sleep:

I'm not sure what stage blastocyte we had put back. It was done on day 5 which was a wednesday the same as you girls and when they put it back in they said it was already hatching so I am guessing that means it was a late stage.

Key, Tinkerbell and Serena hope you are all doing well

Discovered that maternity bras are so not glamorous today, had to go M & S to be measured they have put me up to a 36E and showed me the most ugly bras ever they look like something my nan would wear but god are they comfy. As are the gorgeous maternity briefs don't think I'll be hanging those out on the washing line:blush:
Have a great weekend everyone.x.

J honey it sounds like you had a great blast put bk! I'm sure you look very sexy in your maternity briefs!! Haha

I caved in and tested this am BFN :( I no its still early but ... Wish I didn't now!!

Kazza - it's way to early to test, the results today don't mean anything either way. Just try and forget about it and leave it a few more days til you test again and hopefully it will be a big fat positive!!!!:thumbup:

Anastacia - hope you're coping ok with the 2ww.

Tinkerbell - glad to hear you're not having an side effects yet that's great news. I think my headaches started almost straight away so maybe you'll be one of the lucky ones. When are you next back at Guys?

Jhoney / monkeyfeet - when you got your positive result did you have to go into guys for a blood test? I see lots of people putting thier Beta results down and i assume that's from a test. I only ask because as things have taken a lot longer i'm going to be on holiday when i find out for definate (although that's why i might try testing a bit early) and don't know if I get a positive whether it's a problem i'm not around to see guys straight away?

AFM started pessaries today - forgot how much i dislike those things!!!

Kazza, key is right, far too early at 4dp. Try and just take it that you know trigger shot is def put of your system, relax and wait a few days ( as jhoney says, ideally to otd). I have a good feeling or you this time round.xx

Glad you're not suffering tinkerbell, hope you're doing ok.

Key, got everything g crossed for your collection next week. Guys don't seem to do betas unless there is a problem. Last time I had them regularly but because I was bleeding so they try to guage the pregnancy. Otherwise, just poas and call them with results so no need to be close by.

Thanks for the update jhoney, really nice to hear from you and especially as makes me feel more sane that you got the same types of feelings.

Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend.xx

JHoney, thanks for sharing on the scan. It's beautiful...must be an amazing moment to hear the heart beat of your child for the first time. You've come a long way and we're definitely thrilled to see you progressing well.

Tinkerbell: So good to hear that you're not getting any side effects. I too got headache almost immediately and hot flushes within the first 3 days. The worse were the (occasional) emotional swings.

Kazzab dear...don't think too much abt the test. You know it's way too early :)

Monkeyfeet: You doing well hun? Not long till 26th...

Afm, trying not to think too much abt 2ww. Keeping myself busy although i've caught myself thinking about baby names and where to place the bassinet in the room :blush: Unlikely to test before otd. Like JHoney, BFN sticks are too much to deal with. Wld rather know it for sure on Day 17 than get multiple BFNs and trying to stay positive till I test again. Apart from some serious cramping on Friday, am mostly doing ok. Still very thirsty...so drowning myself litres and litres of water.

Hope everyone's having a good weekend.

The underwear sounds very glam Jhoney :haha: surely those bras aren't that bad? I'm going have a noses now next time I'm in M&S haha! I'm sure they look very sexy on.

Kazza, try not to worry over the bfn. Like the others said its WAY too early but at least now you know the trigger is out your system which I actually thought took about a week. I'd wait at least another 5 days till you test again :flower:

Key, I'm hoping I've got lucky with the side effects but as I still have two weeks to go before I start injections I'm trying not to get my hopes up about it. I thought the nasal spray stopped when injections start but nurse said I carry on with it, I'm going to feel like a junkie all this extra stuff on top of what i already have to take but it's will be so worth it when I'm pregnant next month (positive thinking).
I'm back at Guys on 25th June to speak to the anethatist and for a scan to check Im ready to start injections that day.
Oh no, the dreaded pessaries, hope all goes ok with them :flower:

I am so craving for a cup of tea....to be precise, I am so craving for a second cup of tea....Just popped into Tesco and bought a box of decaff. Feeling guilty for a hving a 2nd cup (even if the next one will be decaff) during 2ww

Anastacia - i'm a decaff convert (she says sipping a "normal tea"!) but normally have a couple of decaffs a day. Fortunately i don't drink coffee very often so that's not a problem!

Tinkerbell - yes when you start injections you drop the nasal spray down to once a day, if you do get any side effects the reduction and injections normally help sort them out. 25th is just round the corner though, and once you start injections it will fly....

Kazza - how you doing hun? Hope you feeling better after test

k xx

Hi ladies!!

I too am a decaf convert!! I really like twinings but they don't do decaf so I'm stuck with tetley at the moment!! Ive been thinking about how I would arrange our room should we get a + but after that early test Ive manage to irradicate those lovely thoughts along with my pma!! But I am feeling a bit better today I no its early was a BAD BAD move doing that test!

Tinkerbell you still managing to dodge those side affects ? 25th is just around the corner!

Key, et Friday isn't it? Everything crossed for you! Do they thaw your little snow babies in the morning? How does it work?

Monkeyfeet how you doing chick? Xxxx

Hey Kazzab, how are you feeling today? Hope you're feeling your positive cheery self again. Can't believe it's been a week since ET. Sunday seems too far away ain't it?

Monkeyfeet: Just wondering about your upcoming scan. Will they be able to tell if you're expecting one child or twins? I'm guessing they can. If so, I'm not sure how you can seat still waiting for that day to arrive. I'll be so excited :)

Key: What time is your appointment this Fri?

Hope everyone is well and doing ok :)

Just wondered if any of you felt constantly hungry and more tired than usual during down reg? The last few days I havent been able to stop eating, literally after about 2 hours since I last ate i'll feel hungry again and it's the sicky, empty stomach feeling hungry not just peckish and i'm feeling more tired than usual though that could be down to the fact im having trouble sleeping in the mornings liek I normally do even though I'm feeling tired but apart from that still no side effects a week in. Well no headaches, sweats or mood swings that you ladies reported so feeling quite lucky there though wondering (worried) maybe it isn't working? :nope:

Tinkerbell - the tiredness is definately a side effect, i felt wiped out when i was on the nasal sprays - so i am sure it is working. On the down reg injuections for the frozen cycle i haven't had any side effects at all but it all got supressed nicely. So don't worry i am sure it's all working (i had the same worries that maybe it wasn't going up my nose correctly!) and you're just one of the lucky ones :thumbup:

I'm in guys at 11am on Friday and can't wait!!

Anastacia / Kazza - can't believe your test date is Sunday it seems to have come round quickly (for me anyway, i'm sure not you guys). Here's praying for 2 x BFP's!!!

k xx

Hi tinkerbell, don't worry about side affects it will be working! Mine were not as bad this time as they were the first time!

Key everything crossed for Friday!!

AFM think I'm getting that big again might test on a frer tomorrow!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->