IVF/ICSI at Guys? Anyone else?

Hi Lucy Lou I'm sure you have your reasons why you are not telling work but personally I found that the amount of appointments I needed really increased in the last couple of weeks of the cycle that it was easier to tell work as some where booked in very last minute. Also they understood the days when I really didn't feel at my best. Not sure if the other ladies agree but doing ivf is a hard thing try and hide and that's def a pressure you don't need.
I am currently 17 weeks pregnant from our first cycle of ivf with 5 embies in the freezer for future babies so it can work really hope your cycle goes well.:thumbup:

Anastacia I have a huge bump even though I've hardly eaten for 17 weeks I am def not someone who could eat through the nausea. am in maternity clothes only now.i felt the same as you before our 8 week scan but nausea and tirdness all good signs that baby is taking over you body:happydance:

Tinkerbell keeping my fingers crossed that those follies develope nicely for you. The good thing is they think there is a chance they could. keep your chin up Hun all you need is one good egg and one good sperm, quality not quantity. I had 26 eggs they removed but when it came down to it they only used 6 of those eggs so it didn't matter we had so many they only wanted the best

Kazza my hubby wants to wait until the baby is born until we have sex which is December so def not happening. Think we'll wait until I'm 25 weeks until we try again although midwife says its fine to go ahead. Hope all goes well with the next cycle will keep my fingers crossed

Monkeyfeet how are you feeling. When's your next scan
Have a good day everyone.x.

Hi Lucy Lou, I agree with jhoney that it can be tricky hiding ivf once you start your meds. My job allows me a lot of mobility so I've been lucky not to have to inform anyone when going for my scans but can imagine it would have otherwise been difficult to keep taking time off without some strong reasons. Like jhoney, I've been lucky to have a BFN on my first IVF. We've learned and supported each other throughout our cycle so I think as you continue to follow this thread, you'll pick up tips and things to ask the nurse when you go on your scan.

Tinkerbell: I can understand that whenever a scan doesn't go so well, it can be devastating. I was floored when only 6 out of 22 follies were fertilised. Six! And than had a shock when 4 of them survived to blast stage with 2 suitable for freezing. I went on to get a BFP. With IVF you just never know what awaits at every turn. jHoney went through a rough patch with OHSS and feeling sick but is now 17 weeks preggie. Keep your chin up and don't try not to let the process get to you. As jHoney said, you just need one. Keep your eyes focus on one strong embie and ET.

Hi all

Nice to see some new people on the site - sorry that your here, but this site is a great source of help, support and information.

Tinkerbell - don't worry too much about the numbers, i had the least number of follicles of everyone on here (by far!) but on my first cycle still ended up with 2 frozen embies. So i know it's tough but try not to worry.

AFM - i think the holiday helped soften the blow of the bfn but obviously still devistated, i think it gets harder each time you get the bfn. I've got a follow up on the 31st July but we are taking a break and not going to start fresh cycle until September. Currently i am enjoying being able to drink and am planning to make the most of that over the next 2 mths!! Although have got OH straight back on the vitamins as it takes a few months for those to work :)

Will still pop in and say hi to you guys and wish you all the best of luck in the world with the fresh treatments, FET and pregancies

k xx

Jhoney & Anastacia - Thanks guys :) I will tell work soon, just need to sort a few bits out first, but thanks for all the support means a lot.. Its worked out good for you guys so hope it works for us too! Did it work for both of you on your first attempt? and did you take any vits or supplements to help or do any thing to enhance your chances? (hope you dont mind me asking)

Hope every one else is ok :)

Lucy xx

Hi Lucylou yes it was our first cycle that we got pregnant from I didn't take anything. They advised at the hospital to drink 3litres of water a day when you start with the gonal f injections and I made sure I did this it really helped me to stay feeling very well during the whole cycle even though my hormone levels were pretty near the limit, the nurse said the water was keeping me really balanced never realised how important water is to your body until I started doing the ivf

I am also a real strong believer in positive mind positive body I know some people think this is all a load of crap but I tried to keep myself always positive and told myself that it would work and never once let myself think of any other out come. I know this doesn't work for everyone but for me it really helped

Hope this has been helpful, how long until you start your ivf cycle.x.

Thanks Jhoney! It really helps thank you!! We have to call up CD 1 so that is around
18th July, then start meds on CD21 then i beleive the fun begins... I have started drinking water but i dont drink a lot any way so thanks for the advise as i will really try, im excited and nervous at the same time, it cant come quick enough! ha

Are you finding out what you are having (sorry if you've already said and ive missed it)

Lucy xx

So, have my next scan tomorrow and hoping my follicles have grown enough that they'll give me an idea or even better an actual day for EC, I want to get it done so much now as I'm actually feeling excited :happydance:

Thanks Kazza, im at St Marys in Manchester, im not sure if its just me but you guys seem to know so much and when we had our appointment she told us the basics but think i need to do some more research!!!

Anastacia - Thanks, im just worried about what to tell them every time i need an appointment, like i say i am planning on telling them but not just yet. i will try to plan some holidays around appointments (as best as i can)

Tinkerbell - sorry it didnt go aswell as you wanted, im doing lots of reading and research at the moment so i will see if any thing is mentioned about one side not playing ball :-(

if you all dont mind me asking, has there been lots of success on this thread for IVF babies then?

Lucy

Ah, I thought you were at the same clinic as us so in that case take what I said about the holiday and meds delivery etc just as a guide as all clinics do things differently. I'm sure there will be no problems arranging delivery and first appoint around your holiday.

Well after wondering what was going on the end of last week due to scan on Friday showing alot of follicles and having to stop Gonal F my egg collection did go ahead yesterday morning and we got 14 eggs :)

Had a call this morning to say 13 were good to use and 12 fertilised also hubby's sperm count had improved quite a lot :)

Well done Tinkerbell hope all continues to go really well for you:thumbup:
X

Tinkerbell - that's fantastic news, you should have great number of embies to choose from :)

Thank ladies, I'm so pleased and hope when they call Thursday there is still a good number growing great.

I'm so pleased EC is done, I had another scan Friday and it didn't go to well, was told the complete opposite to what they said at the scan on Tuesday. I had a right ovary full of follicles and told to stop Gonal F straight away and they didn't know when EC would be due to risk if I had the tigger shot. The nurse said I'd need to come in everyday for a few days for bloods, went back Saturday for blood test no 2 and had the call later in the afternoon to say luckily my level came down enough overnight to trigger that day.

I'm still feeling uncomfortable today, feel bit bloated and have that constipated feeling but hoping it goes by tomorrow.

Fab news tinkerbell! Hoping you'll have some fab embies to choose from on Thursday.xx

We sadly lost 1 twin.. Other still going well at our scan today (9+5). Keeping absolutely everything crossed we can get through next couple of weeks when miscarriage risk should drop a bit.

Love to all and hope all doing well.xx

Hi Monkeyfeet so sorry to hear about twin 1, but thank goodness twin 2 is ok and growing well will keep my fingers crossed that everything goes nice and smoothly from here.

Tinkerbell hope you feel better soon, looking forward to hearing how many embies you have to choose from hopefully lots

Have a great day everyone, try to stay dry in this awful summer weather we are having.x.

Oh Monkeyfeet I'm so sorry to hear about one of the the twins :hug:

Had a call from Ricardo earlier, one of the embryologists who said transfer will now be day 5 on Saturday. All 12 are still growing but he didn't tell me cell numbers or quality :( part of me is now worrying we'll have none that have continued to grow by Saturday, it's one worry after another with IVF :(

Thanks jhoney and tinkerbell.x

That's fab news tinkerbell.. 12 still going strong is amazing. They know their stuff so wouldn't let you wait for 5 day if they thought any chance you would be left with none. Good luck and post an update Saturday.x

Monkeyfeet - Sorry to hear that... Big Hugs xx

Tinkerbell, sorry your feeling a little bloated, no need to worry i know you will be fine huni! x

Hope every one else is ok

Lucy xx

Monkeyfeet - really sorry to hear about 1 of the twins, but so glad the other one is doing well. Everyday that goes by they will be getting stronger and stronger - and as you say not long til 12 week mark :)

Tinkerbell - it is fantastic that you've still got 12 growing, they definately know what they're doing at Guys so it sounds like you will have a good embie to transfer and quite a few to freeze which is brillant.

Hope everyone else is doing well

k xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back