IVF/ICSI at Guys? Anyone else?

Monkey feet, sorry to hear about one of the twins! But glad the other is going strong!!

Tinkerbell those are great numbers !!!!

Tinkerbell: Great numbers you have there! How did ET go today? You must be so happy that the embie is now back where it belongs. Can't wait to hear how many embies you have put back and how many frosties you've got!

Monkeyfeet: Sorry to hear about the other twin. Sending a big :hug: your way.

Hope everyone's doing well. Bring on some sunshine London!

Well turns out our Embryos were/are slow growers :cry:
As of yesterday morning we only had one that had reached Blast, and even that was only early blast so they suggested putting two back in as long as we were ok with the possibility of twins, due to my health it's not really an ideal scenario and as soon as I reminded them about my CF they quickly changed their minds and said they'd only allow 1.
My positivity has taken a hit from this but still trying to stay as positive as possible.

There weren't any other blasts so they were waiting today to see of they went to blast later in the day or this morning in the hope there is some to freeze, I'm praying there is or this would be it for us but im not feeling too confident about that :( they said they would ring this afternoon but still waiting ATM.

Tinkerbell anymore news??? Abastacia had early blasts and she got a bfp!! There's always hope!!

There was nothing to freeze, even though I was sort of expecting that after yesterday I'm still devasted :cry: I feel like it's a kick in the stomach espcially as I had so much hope with 12 fertilised.
We're now putting all our hopes of ever having a baby into one embryo that only reached early blast stage on day 5, come on little embie shine through and do what you're meant to [-o<

This really is the biggest rollercoaster of emotions ever, and the wait now till test day is by far the hardest part.

Hi Tinkerbell - so sorry to hear you didn't have any to freeze but you still have every chance that the blast they have transfer will do it's thing and give you the bfp. I know it's tough but try and stay positive over the next few weeks - you only need 1 great embie to work :)

I'll be thinking of you over 2 ww

K xx

Tinkerbell, totally understand how you must be feeling but key is right, only takes one little embryo and you have just as much chance as the next one. My first round watered
Morulas put back in and we got pregnant and this time round, same but very very early blasts. They all develop and different speeds and also can massively depend on time they were fertilised vs time analysed to be put back in

Stay positive, and try and keep occupied for the next 2 weeks. Will be thinking of you.xx

Hi tinkerbell will be keeping everything crossed for you, I agree with what the other ladies are saying, and there are women who get pregnant with a 3 day embryo so a 5 day one is still absolutely fantastic regardless of what stage it is. If it managed to survive for 5 days under lab conditions that means its a strong one regardless. Try and relax as much as possible during the 2ww.

Monkeyfeet how are things going with you how are you feeling

How is everyone else doing hope everyone is really well.x.

Hey Tinkerbell, IVF is a roller coaster ride. You don't know what awaits u at every turn. It's really good that u have a 5 days blast. It was interesting to know that the embryo cells multiple in doubles the first 2-3 days but to reach Day 5, they would have gone on an overdrive and grew to hundreds of cells. So u've got a good little embie there eventhough it's an early one.

I can understand the apprehension. Mine were early blasts too but you might find comfort that both my early blasts have gone to the next steps. My scan last Friday revealed twins. So don't give up hope. Your 5 days early blast is as good as any. As u know, anything can happen with IVF.

How are the rest of the ladies doing?

Kazz and LucyL: You ladies about to start your next steps?

Hope everyone's keeping well.

Monkeyfeet - I am so sorry to hear you lost one of your twins, that's heartbreaking. That's such a tough thing to go through whilst also still pregnant as it must add to your stress/worry. I'm so glad to hear your other baby is doing so well and looking forward to hearing about your next scan.

Kazza - how's it going love? Are you starting the dreaded down regging soon? Are you taking injections like Key did or on the sniffers again? How are you feeling about it all?

Key - how are you doing? Enjoying having a break from things? So sorry FET didn't work and I understand the disappoint & heartache. Time away from it does definitely help & the stress fades so hopefully come September you'll be ready to start again. Do you still have frozen ones or will you be starting ICSI again? Come September we'll be sharing stinky down regging symptoms again!

Tinker bell - great news about the day 5 embryo. It's gutting there aren't any frozen but it doesn't mean the little one in there won't stick. As the others have said try to stay positive if you can - easier said than done though!

Everyone else - hope you're all well!

AFM - no exciting news, off to Somerset next week for some sunshine hopefully with my husband and some friends, then off to Edinburgh in August and then before I know it I'll be dragging myself up to Guys again!

Hi all, how are you all?

Well I'm now 5dp5dt and feel nothing :( I don't feel pregnant one bit, infact yesterday I was really starting to think AF was going show herself early as I had cramps on & off.

Hope everyone is ok, hope you have a lovely time in Somerset Serena.

Hi tinkerbell - don't panic yet, i've seen lots of posts from people who thought AF was coming and were pregnant. I know the 2WW is terrible but you won't know anything for sure until OTD - just hang in there!

Serena - great to hear from you. I've got my follow up on 31st July and then we want to hold off until Sept, so perhaps we'll be going through this lovely journey together again then. Like you i'm just enjoying my time off and trying not to obsess about babies :)

Kazza - have you started treatment again now? How you doing hun?

Anastacia - fantastic news on the twins, so happy for you Congrats :happydance:

Jhoney & monkeyfeet - how are you both doing? Hope pregnancy is treating you well

k xx

Tested this morning, 2 days early and it was negative :cry: not very shocked but so gutted

Hi ladies,

Tinkerbell sorry for bfn it is gut wrenching!! Big hugs your way!
Will you take a break or throw yourself into another cycle?

Key how are you, enjoying your well deserved break!

Serena, lovely to here from you, glad your still around!

Anastacia congratulations for twins!!! So pleased!!

Monkey feet, j honey how are you both? Xxx

AFM cd1 was Saturday so just on the pill now waiting for guys to call me back about Meds, nurse Debbie said it would be synarell that I would d reg with but that could change

Just had a call from guys, starting Meds 10th August will be bureselin sniffers 4 times per day

Eastrogen tablets which make you feel sick then once lining thick transfer. The embryo is 6bb not sure what that means!!!

Tinkerbell - so sorry for the bfn. I know how gutting a negative is and the next few days will be the rawest, but then it does start to get easier honestly. It obviously wasn't meant to be this time, but that doesn't mean it will never happen :hugs:

Kazza - glad you've got the start date for sniffers, bet you can't wait to start those again :) I was lucky didn't feel too sick from the oeastrogen tablets, so hopefully you won't either. I am praying (not litterally but thinking it might be worth starting!!) for you that this is your time

k xx

Hi all,

Thanks all for Kind words and great to hear from you Serena. Sounds like you are really enjoying the summer break.

Tinkerbell, it's not over yet, 2 days early is 2 days early and some people's results change on otd. Chin up.

Kazza, fab news you have a start date again now. I'm
Key in hoping next time will be your time.xxx

Congrats on your twins Anastacia! Great news! How are you feeling?

Jhoney, how's you?

I'm away in Scotland on a two week break. Blissful! Hope all are enjoying the sunshine.xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->