IVF/ICSI at Guys? Anyone else?

OTD today and still BFN, I didn't expect it to change though.
Have a follow up booked for 20th August, wasn't impressed with how the nurse was on the phone. I know it's just a job to them but this is someone's dream, they could at least be a bit friendlier and sense peoples tone of voice.
Unfortunately they'll be no 2 nd cycle for us yet, it would take us at least a year to save for it and whos to say we wont get all slow growing embryos again so I don't know what our next step is but we'll continue to try naturally for now.

Oh tinkerbell, I'm so sorry chin up and hopefully you'll get a natural bfp!!

Really sorry to hear that you don't get another go funded Tinkberbell. I count myself really lucky that our PCT pays for two cycles (plus any frozen) as otherwise we'd be in the same situtation of not being able to afford to go again. I think you've got the right attitude, keep trying and it could well happen naturally

Hope everyone else is good and enjoying the sunshine!

Kazza - have you started the sniffers now?

k x

Hiya,

No I'm on the pill now, I start sniffers on the 10th aug I think, if this fails then we too are not sure we will do!!! life's so unfair!

Hi All

We've just got back from our holidays, had to call up the clinic whilst we were away as AF arrived last sunday and we got back early hours this sunday morning (2am) and had to go to the clinic to have our bloods re done as there is some thing new now and even though we have had them done had to re do them had to be there at 9am so still very sleepy!

Anastacia - Congratulations on the twins bet you are so chuffed!! we have been told we have to go an collect our meds on 10th August and im presuming we will start on CD21 as we are on long protocol does any one know if thats correct?

Jhoney & monkeyfeet - How are you both feeling ?

Tinkerbell - Sorry for your BFN ((( HUGS))) I cant imagine how you must feel hun xx

Kazza - not long now hun... we will both be counting down until the 10th August then!

Hope every one else is ok

Lucy xx

Hope everyone is having a great time watching all the Olympics.

We were at Guys yesterday for our follow-up appt and I think I feel a little bit better about going into the new cycle. They want to try and get a few more mature eggs this time (we only had 6 usable (out of 12) but 5 fertilised) so they are going to keep me stimming for a couple of days longer and up my dose a little bit on the trigger shot. They don’t really know why it didn’t work as from a small number of eggs we obviously had 3 x 5 day eggs to use which is pretty good.

He says problem was either egg quality (not lots we can do about that really and I do have a fairly low AMH) or uterus / implantation problems. The good news is that I have agreed to go on a clinical trial (to qualify you need to have 2 failed cycles and be starting a new cycle) where 50% people are given normal IVF treatment and 50% have hysteroscopy before start treatment (which is basically a review of uterus to check for any abnormalities which can then be removed). I am in the hysteroscopy group which I’m really pleased about so at least if there is anything preventing implantation then I will know about it. A couple of other threads have talked about this and reckon it’s why they’ve had success after a couple of failures so I’m really hopeful!!

So we are still having a break for another month or so and am going to call Day1 so end Aug / beginning September cycle and go from there. I think the break is helping lift my spirits and come Sept I’ll be ready to get my bfp :happydance:

I hope all is well with everyone else:-

Monkeyfeet / jhoney and anastacia – how are you lovely pregnant ladies getting on?

Kazza & Lucy – not long til you start the sniffers, everything crossed for you both.

Serena – looks like you and I will be hitting the drugs about the same time again :thumbup:

K xx

Sorry Tinkerbell didn't give you a shout out! Really hope that you are starting to come to terms with the bfn & not giving up hope for a natural bfp - you see it happen all the time. Take care hun x

Key - Roll on end of August for you then, like you say at least you will know if there is any thing preventing implementation :)

Nothing really new from me, we are waiting for next friday so we can get our meds, cant wait now...

Lucy xx

Hiya ladies,hope ou are all well!!

Lucylou hope ou had a nice holiday and nt long now till you start meds, I start mine Thursday!

Key that's great about your follow up at least you will be able to check that everything else is as it should be! I called guys to see if we would qualify for that as we didn't go for a follow up. Mr eltoukey called me back and said that because this cycle is frozen we wouldn't qualify but if we are not successful this time he will do the procedure for free with our next self funded fresh cycle!

On a happier note my partner and I have decided if the fet is not successful the day we get our bfn we will book our wedding! If its positive then we will put the wedding on the back burner so either way we will get something positive to look forward too!

Any news anyone?

Kazza sounds like you've got a great plan, and have a really good attitude going into this cycle. Yes they can only do the hysteroscopy on a fresh cycle but glad to hear they will give it to you if needs be next time - although hopefully you won't need it :)

AFM - af finally arrived today, 41 days since failed cycle bleeding. I've got to go for FSH test tomorrow then just enjoying another month of being drug free before day1 probably mid Sept now, since AF up the creek. Off surfing next week to celebrate our 3rd wedding anniversary which on the bright side wouldn't have been able to do if FET had worked (although know what i would have prefered!)

k x

Aww have a lovely time!! And enjoy the break! Do you know how developed your frozen embies were? Did they tell you much about them after the thaw?

I had a letter from guys today to say I hae to pay £1000 for fet! Livid as this is meant to be funded by NHS! Getting straight on to them tomorrow!!

Hi All

Key Sory it was a BFN fo you hun ((( HUGS ))) Enjoy yor surfing though x

Kazza - Why are you having to pay? hope you get it sorted hun.

AFM - I'm on 0.25ml of buserelin for 2 weeks then I add 225ml of gonadotrophin for possibly 5 days I find out at my scan on 24th if any longer... Im not getting the hang of these injections, im tonned from horse riding, so struggeling and ive bruised my tummy :-( hope it gets easier...

Hows every on else?

Lucy x

Kazza think you definitely need to speak to Guys tomorrow, there's no way you should be paying for fet, it must just be an admin mistake. Let us know how you get on.

Lucy Lou - sorry to hear your struggling with the injections, they do get easier honestly

Kx

It was an error thankfully!!

I'm seriously getting the hump with sniffing!!!! Four times a day at 8am, 12 pm 4 pm and 8pm I keep forgetting and all sorts not impressed!!

Wow that's a lot of sniffing - didn't realise it would be so much with FET. Maybe the down reg injections that i did were a good idea for fet then - it was only once a day. Although i am going back to sniffers when do fresh cycle as don't want to have to do dr injections and then stim injections on top.

Glad they sorted out payment issue
k x

Hello all, sorry for going missing for awhile now. Had a really rough first trimester throwing up day and night and looks like it's carrying on to the 2nd trimester. I've been off work for a month now. Just not capable of doing much lately.

Thanks for all the lovely wishes. Babies seem to be doing fine from last week's scan.

Kazz: You sure are sniffing a lot. Hope you don't get too much of the side effects. Keeping all fingers crossed for you.

LucyLou: The injections will be over before you know it. Not long till EC so think ahead and stay positive!

Key: Happy Anniversary. Hope you're getting some good surf. I will miss snowboarding this year as well so there are some positive side to not being preggie...yet O:)

Hope everyone else is doing well

Hi Annastacia!

Sorry to here you've been really sick but it will be worth it in the end!! Really glad the babies are doing well!

Key how are you?

Monkeyfeet how are you doing?

Serena, where are you? Hope your doing well and enjoying the break!

Lucylou how's thing going Hun?

AFM sniffing now reduced to twice a day and started estrogen tablets! Scan is 30th aug! Hope the lining will be thick enough to book transfer then!

Hey All,

How is every one?

Kazza - Things are going good now i have mastered the injections! ha ha

Anastacia - thank you, hope you feel better very soon hun ((Hugs))

Hope every one else is ok ?

We are back at the clinic on friday for bloods and scan, ive never wanted AF to hurry up as much so we can get moving! ha ha Lucy xx

Hello everyone, I haven't been on here for ages & thought there'd be loads of news but I guess it's quietened down a bit now half the people are pregnant & the other half having a break!

Kazza - for some reason i'd blocked out how totally horrible the sniffers are. The constant forgetting! Egh, not looking forward to doing that again. Is it more times a day than on a fresh cycle? What's the next steps for you?

Key - are you back from surfing now? How exciting. Was it fun?

Monkeyfeet - how are you getting on lovely? Really hope everything's going well this time x

AFM nothing much to tell. Waiting for AF & then I'll start the BCP & then in another month I'll guess I'll be joining Kazza on the dreaded sniffers. I've poisoned my liver with a week in Edinburgh at the festival so will start taking it easy from now to get my body back to normal. Well normal enough to pump full of fertility drugs x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->