IVF/ICSI at Guys? Anyone else?

Hi girls I am new on this site. I read nearly all the pages and I have been through IVF/ICSI since December 11. I have been with Guys since. Is really great to read similar stories and to see how much you support each other.

Congratulation Monkeyfeet, Serena, Anastacia, Jhoney, Vesper! sorry if I missed anybody.
Lots of luck Key, Tinkerbell.

This is a great news Kazza. 5 AA is top quality. Fantastic. I am at a similar time of my cycle as you, few days later!! Hope to have as much luck.

I had ER on Tuesday at Guys (3rd ICSI)11 eggs. 8 injected with ICSI, 6 fertilised. Today day 3 - 5 were at the right stage 1 a bit slow. I am going on Sunday for day 5 transfer. I am hoping so much to have good quality for transfer. We want 2 back as before we only had one each time.

Finger cross for everybody! Baby wishes!

Hi there and welcome to the thread!!! Good luck with your transfer and please keep us posted!!!!! 5 is a good number for day 3!!

I've just heard back from lister, one 5bb in the freezer! She also said all 7 made it to blast which is pretty much unheard of! Hopefully that's a sign of things to come!!!!!

Hi Izabela, welcome to the forum! How funny that you’ve been going through IVF/ICSI at Guys at around the same time as us! Good luck with this cycle, it’s great you’re having a 5 day transfer and things are looking good for you having 2 transferred. Have all of your rounds of ICSI been at Guys?

Kazza – That’s great about the 5bb! If all 7 made it to blast does that mean they are freezing them all? I'm confused!

Key – has AF reared its ugly head yet?

Tinkerbell – how are you doing now?

Kazza have you heard back from Lister re the two other embies? How are you feeling today, knowing you you've probably tested already!!

Still no AF and don't feel like it's coming either - it's a pain how much ivf cycles mess with your cycle!!

Hope everyone is ok and has a lovely weekend

K xx

Sorry, no they all made it, some not good quality so one in the freezer 5bb

Key hope she shows soon!!!

Haha not tested just yet but I'm itching!!!! Thinking Friday!!!

Thank you girls.

Thanks Kazza I feel lucky with 5 doing well. Is my best so far. Really great you had 23 eggs of great quality. Guys does not seem to try for a good number of eggs. They always decrease the dosage.

Serena yes all my ICSI have been with Guys. My OH 32 has CF and I always knew we can not conceive naturally. OH had sperm retrieval at Guys in November 11; 6 ampules. I 29 don't have any diagnosis.OH's brother has the same condition and has three lovely children (2 twins) with Guys. We have been on NHS waiting list for nearly 2 years- PCT messed up the papers similar with other stories read on this site. We were received 2 paid cycles. We are currently paying. Sperm retrieval is also £1800 so we had to stick with Guys. We still have 3 ampules with them.

Finally we started in 2012.
My 1st IVF Feb 12 only 8 eggs retrieved; day 5 transfer 1 blast - Guys were prepared to put back only one, they said was good quality. BFN test(only one test -Guy's one) -tears, planing next appointment. 5 weeks later atrocious pains in my left side for over 2 weeks plus AF reoccurring. One morning I had a rash on legs and I was always tired. Call work and went to GP. The rash gone by the time I was seen by the GP. I told the GP about IVI - done a pregnancy test positive. Sent to A&E. Blood test showed high level of HCG. Got fake hopes. 20 min later scan showed ectopic, heart beat -7 weeks and 3 days. Rush to surgery. Tube removed, full C section and lost lots of blood, anemia.

2nd IVF in July 12 - we rushed I was not fully recovered. meds decreased. I only had 6 eggs. 4 fertilised. 3 ok in day 3. Day 3 transfer. Guys pursue us to have only one 'great quality' transferred. BPN. 1 frozen.

FET November 12, the embryo did not expand. BPN

I hope for the best from this cycle.

Baby wishes to everybody.

Wow Izabela that is quite a journey you have been on!! I totally agree guys do not maximise the dose that you need to be on! But at least they have gained done experience about how you respond, i think with guys you need to be quite firm with them! If you want two demand two! What dose of gonal f are you on?

I really really hope this is the the one got you!!

Sorry about typos this predictive test lark drives me mad!!!

Hi Kazza hopefully we both would be successful. First 2 goes on 150ui. Last month I started on 225 ui but after just 4 days they asked me to drop it to 150iu and two days later 112.5. I only had 10 days of stimulation. At the last consultation we were very clear that we want higher dosage/ more eggs and 2 day five back. Guys said that my AMH and FSH are normal so I do not understand why they only get fewer eggs. Same my sister in law (maximum 7 eggs 4 cycles) few years ago and she was 21 when she had her first ICSI baby.

How is with Lister. They sound great and you had great results. But are so much expensive than Guys.

1st and second time they decreased my dose to 75 st sent me point.

What dosage where you on with Guys and with Lister? Do they use the same meds.

Baby wishes.

Isabela - you've come to the right thread, between us we've got a few failed cycles, I'm on 3 and counting so feel your pain. And your first experience sounds terrible so sorry it was etopic. BUT there are also many success stories from Guys both Serena & Monkeyfeet we're successful there.

I've always been on 300mg at guys because I have a low resting follicle count (but normal amh and fsh). 1st I don't think we stimmed enough as out of 12 only 5 we're mature, 2nd fresh I stimmed for 14 days and all 12 we're usable. So I think Kazza's right be forceful about dosage, how long & transfer numbers - even more so if your paying.

We're at lister now also and taking part in their egg sharing programme so costs for treatment are minimal (we just pay for icsi). Are you going through cycle now? Fingers crossed this is the one as I say Guys do have lots of sucess & are in top 10 in UK!

Kazza try and hold off testing as long as you can Hun!!

K xx

Hi, I second keys advice! My only other comparison between guys at lister is that it was always guys policy to book ec when you reach 5 follies that measure 18 mm or higher. So if you have some measuring 15 mm or a little less they might not contain a mature egg so if you stim for longer you have more chance. At lister they took thus I to account and stunner for 2 more days. That said at my lady follow up at guys with me ELtoukey he agreed to up the dose and stim longer, so they do learn! I really liked mr Eltoukey. Like key says guys are in top 10 and do get good results!!

At guys my first cycle was 75 and upped to 112 after 5 days 9 eggs

Second 112,5 for 5 days and decreased to 100 16 eggs

Fet - 6bb blast bfn

Lister - 112.5 7 days Increased to 150 23 eggs

So the important thing is 5 looking good at day 3 is very positive!!!

Key and Kazza thank you for encouraging advice and for sharing your stories with me.
Interesting to chat with so many people who got treatment at Guys on similar time. Great! Nobody is alone.

Yes I can see what you are saying about guys about booking you once 5 are over 18. On my last scan I had around 17 folies half over 18 some 22, 24 and the other smaller than 18. We always said we want more high dose, and longer stim. After 4 dosage they were saying that my blood result were too high and my have to cancel the cycle. Second they saying that they need mature eggs as my husband's sperm is not mature because does not travel through the ducts vase and needs removal from testy.(sorry for too many details). On Tuesday only 4 moved straight away, but Guys were optimistic. They seem to have experience with DH condition. I just hope the embys would make it this time before reviewing our options.

I am really impressed with Lister and is great for you both to be accepted on this scheme.

Kay when you starting?
Kazza when is your pregnancy test due and how early you are checking. I am not as courageous as you but I will keep checking to avoid ectopics. If I would had checked more than once first time I wouldn't lost a tube and would not gained a 6 inch scar. But is all worthy for a little bundle of joy.

Finger cross for everybody. Lots of babies.

Kazza - so glad you have a embryo to freeze too but fingersX it will only need to be used for a sibling ;)

Welcome to the thread Izabela, sorry to hear everything you've been through trying to have a baby, really hope it's 3rd time lucky for you. Hope your husband is keeping well, I have CF myself.

AFM - Appointment at Hammersmith went well today, small world but the Dr we saw is the wife of a very well known (esp amongst the CF community) lung transplant Dr at Harefield hosiptal so it was good she was familiar with it so had a good understanding which I think helped her not have too many worries about accepting us onto the trial. Pending a few routine tests they need to do for it like ECG, liver function etc we are good to go next cycle :)
We'll be doing short cycle this time which will be new for me but I'm glad because I hated how long winded the LP felt, they automatically do ICSI as part of the trial too even though we don't need it.

They did a scan today though and I had a huge cyst on my left ovary, I've never had one before or not that I've known about so that was quite a shock to see but was told it's the type that should just go by itself and be gone by my next cycle.

Hi Tinkerbell thank you all for welcoming on this thread.My husband is relatively well, recently some issues with his liver when on IV but finger X is OK. He does not like to tell anybody about his conditioning and I can't tell anybody about IVF. Nice to share with you all.
I hope you keeping well. You also got great number of eggs, should work well for you. So exciting you want all be starting soon.

Kazza you got a great response on a small dose even with guys. Fantastic that you have a frosty but you may have twins before you will use the frosty for a sibling. You had a great quality blast.

Key you also had good response to medication with guys you will have a fantastic response with Lister.

Tinkerbell - glad to hear the appointment went so well on Friday and the Dr is familiar with your situtation. Sorry to hear about cyst but apparently that is quite normal for them to come and go i think. When do you think you'll be kicking off - we might be stimming at a similar time?

Izabela - hang in there with Guys i really hope this is your cycle. Are you part way thru - so when is egg collection likely?

Kazza - hope your not doing too badly during 2ww and managing to keep yourself entertained.

Serena - how's things with house buying, all progressing ok i hope, and you're keeping stress free

Monkeyfeet / Jhoney - hope your little ones are doing well and hope you have lovely mother's day tomorrow

k xx

Izabel - if I'm not mistaken are you in for transfer today!

Key, has AF shown up yet?

Tinkerbell glad the appt went well and great news that you have a dr with good knowledge of cf!! I'm sure that that will help no end !!!

Hi to serena, monkey feet, j honey! Hope your all doing well!

AFM 3dp5dt struggling!!!!!

Izabela - glad he's keeping we'll and hope the liver problem isn't nothing serious and settles down. I'm doing good thank you

Key - I'm expecting AF first week in April and as its short protocol this to e I'll start stims straight away, when do you think you'll be starting? If all goes to plan I'll be testing right around our first anniversary which is a really scary thought

Kazza- try and keep away from those tests for another few days, at least till about 5/6dpt it is so diificult though, thinking of you

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->