IVF/ICSI at Guys? Anyone else?

Oh key!! Come on AF we want to get started now!!!!

Thanks key, although today I don't have any cramps so I'm a bit scared now!!!

Oh Key that's so annoying. Day 40! I had a cycle like that and it's really cruel as you can't help but start to wonder. Are you going to let Lister know & go in for a scan?

Izabela - how are you feeling? Any symptoms or good signs?

Kazza - I wouldn't worry about the lack of cramps, I'm sure they'll be back! Let's just hope your 2 little beans are settling in and will stick! X

Wow!! Just caught up on pages!!

KAZZA - AMAZING news!!! Has absolutely made my day. I tested 5dp and got faint positive.. And I too had it get stronger. I did have twins both times as well... Trigger must have gone as you e had a neg test right? Thus is your time, I am so so excited for you. I too spent a fortune and tested everyday, even beyond otd!
Re symptoms, as Serena says, really similar to AF.. Although I did have pulling pains if I moved too quickly in bed at night etc and boobs hurt like crazy.

Key, do sorry AF taking do long, here's hoping it arrives quickly.

Isabella, welcome! So sorry youve had such a journey, I too had ectopic which painful enough in itself but was so so lucky not to go through what you did. I admire your strength. Let's hope the embryos you have on board are it! Will be thinking if you lots on Sunday.x

Tinkerbell, so sorry your cycle delayed. Frustrating as it is, for the best to maximise success rate.xx

Serena, hope you're doing ok, how is the move going? Hope you're feeling ok in 2nd tri.. Cand be far off 3rd tri now?

Afm, doing ok, oh away for a couple of weeks so William and I working things out together at home this week! Seem to be doing ok. I'm very lucky in that he seems to feed well and sleep well so it's currently not too bad. On Sunday we come to stay in London for a week with oh, really looking forward to it.

Hope I've not missed anyone. Shall be finding time to check everyday now although not sure I'll get to post but please know you are in my thoughts.

Much love. Helen

Thanks Helen!!

I'm so scared, the lines are there but there not that strong I don't think!! I'm so so scared!!

I want to do a digi but I'm scared its too early and it will say not preg!!!

Really glad you and William are doing well!!! Sounds like you will be having lots of fun!!!!

Oh Key so sorry AF has not come yet. Any symptoms that may come soon. Thinking of you.

Thanks Helen and congratulation for your little William! Yes I read your old posts about your ectopic and you went through a lot and guys were not very helpful.

Thanks girls for support.

Well I am not very optimistic as I know my luck, they were early blast and I had nothing to freeze which shows the quality was not great. I have similar symptoms as when I had the ectopic, metallic test in my month, stomach burns, tired, nausea and yesterday I had pains in my left side and last night also in my left leg for an hour. I also had two tiny light brown spots and now I am scare the AF would come early or again ectopic same side possible at the end of the remains of the tube.

I was also sick with my July's transfer just before AF arrived. I am never sick and I don't have a painful AF. Must be the drugs with me. But finger cross.

Kazza so glad you have a positive tests. Don't have your courage to test yet but still to early for me.

Hi Monkeyfeet - to me that is your actual name not Helen!
Glad you're doing so well - sounds like William is a dream baby! You are doing so well too without your OH - I would definitely not be happy if my husband wasn't around to help me - i'd panic big time! Hope you have a lovely week in London next week x
Yes, i'm nearly into the 3rd trimester - 24 weeks tomorrow, so only another fortnight of the 'best trimester' left - not sure what I should be expecting from the third trimester but it CAN'T be worse than the 1st trimester! well, I hope not. Did your SPD start in the 3rd trimester? My sister-in-law has SPD and has also developed that liver illness where your palms itch and can be fatal to the baby so they are inducing her 3 weeks early. poor thing.

Kazza - how are you feeling? I was googling some sites about when people get their BFPs and loads have them as early as you! it's fantastic and the line is much clearer today so fingers crossed for the next couple of days! Do you know what the process is for the drugs at Lister if you get BFP on Sat? At Guys I was on progesterone & estrogen (pessaries & pills) and had to increase the dose when I had BFP & continue the dose until week 12. Will you do something similar at Lister?

Izabela - you are the same as me when it comes to testing. I didn't want to test early in case it was negative as it upset me. To be honest your symptoms sounds quite good - the metallic taste, nausea, tiredness etc are all pregnancy signs and the pains combined with the spotting could be implantation. I would take these as positive signs if I were you and keep hoping for that BFP on Sunday x

Helen (aka Monkeyfeet) great to hear things are going so well with William, he sounds like the perfect little man. Hope you have a great time in London next week

Kazza - how you coping Hun? Only another couple of days to go before otd!! I think I'd be the same as you though, struggling to believe it's really worked.

Isabela like Serena says the symptoms sound good so keep positive and try and focus on other things (although of course completely impossible!)

Serena bet it hasn't for you but 24 weeks seem to have flown by - well over half way now, yay!!

Arm didn't get chance to speak to lister today so will call them tomorrow to arrange a scan. On diff note had dream last night where after our Lister treatment none of the eggs fertilised! Really hope it's a case where you dream negative and it means something positive & isn't a premonition!!

K xx

Izabel your symptoms sound very good too me, your 3dp5dt? Of so mine was negative that day! Keep up the hope, I second all if serenas advice!

Key, you will have some to fertilise!! Lister seem to be good when it comes to egg quality and you always have had great embryos!!! Let us no when you hear from lister! There is alway a great forum for egg sharers at lister on fertility friends who are really helpful too.

Serena 24 weeks its flying past!!!! How do u feel about labour? It's creeping up on you now!

AFM did I digi and got pregnant 1-2 weeks so feeling hopeful but still not accepting it yet!!! 2 weeks tomorrow since trigger shot! It's got to be gone right?

I'm so scared, I'm going to phone lister on Friday and tell them just in case I do need to up anything!

This it! Great. So exciting! I better you can not concentrate at nothing else.

I am back to work tomorrow should take my mind of it especially as I have so many deadlines by the end of the month.

Key - You'll def get some great embryos - like Kazza said you always respond so well anyway & Lister is fantastic, and this time they will have the NK under control. You just need AF to hurry up! It's horrible having those dreams though as they can feel so real.
Yes, well over half way now! It's seems like forever though, really slow. I've just entered the week where if I went into early labour the baby would have a 50% chance of living, but obviously might have lots of health problems. But hoping she doesn't come out for another few months! But yes, the worry never stops!

Kazza - that's excellent about the digi test - there's no way that will be the trigger if the tests were negative a few days ago & they are getting darker/clearer all the time & now the digi test! I don't blame you for being nervous, it's so scary. What do they tell you to do if you get a BFP, did you get a sheet from them like the Guys one which says to call them? It's a good idea to call on Fri & find out just in case - Guys had to arrange more drugs for me for the next weeks & started charging at this point but it was only £130.
God I'm so excited for you! When did you take the digi - it wasn't even your FMU right?! You must have some strong hormones going on - twins?!

Key usually the meaning of dreams are the other way so you are going to have lots of embys many more than with Guys and you have had a great number on all your cycles. Just keep positive.

Serena must be so exciting to move to the third semester. Did you have a easy pregnancy so far? With pregnancy and babies you are always worrying even more when we know how hard is to have them. The sister in law of one of my work colleague discovered that she was pregnant at 31 weeks - stress free and symptomless until recently when she feels guilty for drinking alcohol and coffee.

Hiya, serena did you have to pay for your early scan to?

I got a sheet and it says to call with the result that is all! I thinkmill test every day till otd just to put my mind at rest, I love the idea of twins but scared of the complications!

Izabela - 31 weeks! That's insane! My stomach is huge & making me waddle & I'm only 24 weeks! How lucky to not have to go through all the many millions of stresses & worries though! My pregnancy has been fine in the second trimester but I had really bad morning sickness every day in the first trimester & lost nearly a stone. It was horrible & felt really down for most of it. I also had 3 random bleeds which were very scary but apparently normal but doesn't feel normal when it's happening! But now everything seems a lot better so I'm hoping I'm done with all my bad stuff for one pregnancy!

Kazza - no I didn't pay for an early scan, they just did it at Guys because of the bleed & because I said I was worried. They scan anyway at 8 weeks with IVF but just meant I had an additional one around 6 weeks. As on Sat are you 4 weeks pregnant? X

Kazza this is brillant - if you're getting 1-2 weeks on digi then it must be true (but of course understand why you still won't let yourself get too excited). I think i remember Lister saying they do a scan about 2.5weeks after the OTD - which i guess would then be about 7.5 - 8 weeks, so similar to Guys.

Thanks all for your support & dream interepation ha ha!! I guess it just goes to show that even when you cope with it during the day, you can't get away from your subconscious worries!

Isabela - glad to hear you're getting back to work, think keeping busy helps keep your mind off things a little.

Serena i know you had an awful 1st trimester, so really hope things carry on as they are now (and you get a lovely easy baby that sleeps / eats well :thumbup:) to make up for it

xx

Thanks everyone for your advice!

So technically I'm 2 weeks but they add to on is that right?

Izabel how you feeling? And coping?

Key any sign of AF yet? I can't wait for you to get started now!!! It's true how subconsciously the whole thing plays on your mind yet during the day you seem to cope ok!

Serena when did your sickness start! Sorry for all the questions !! And what reason did they give you for the bleed.

Key – definitely right about not being able to escape in your dreams. For my first trimester I either dreamt that I had a miscarriage, or that I had drunk a bottle of wine and then realised I was pregnant and shouldn’t be drinking. I think the constant feeling of being hungover didn’t help! So yes, as Izabela says you just dream the opposite of what happens, or your worst fears. I’m sure when you get going with Lister you’ll have a great success, and with the steroids for NK you will soon have your BFP too!

Izabela – how are you feeling?

Kazza – Did you test this morning? Was it even more positive than the last days ha ha?! I don’t mind the questions at all, I was trying to think of things to tell you that I wish I’d known in the first trimester that would have helped with the worry.
Yes, they add 2 weeks on so you’re 4 weeks! It’s such amazing news. Or poss 4 weeks on Saturday if that is 9dp5dt – I’m getting a bit confused with the dates! I tested on 11dp5dt and was 4 weeks +2 or 3, that’s when I increased the dose of progesterone & estrogen.
For me that first week after testing was great – still had a lot of AF-like cramps, sore boobs and was very tired and the food aversions kicked in as I suddenly craved meat & oranges and didn’t want anything else. And I had mild morning sickness & nausea but was only sick a few times. From 5 weeks 3 days I was sick ALL THE TIME. I really hope you don’t get that. Just stock up on oranges, grapefruits, ginger ale, ginger biscuits in case the morning sickness hits (although I hated the ginger ale so stopped it after a while).
I had the first bleeding/spotting at 5 weeks 6 days which was quite heavy but only lasted a few hours. This is the part I wish I had known– it’s normal and happens to loads of people! Even though you read stories about people having periods during pregnancies etc I didn’t actually realise how common it was. I have spoken to all of my pregnant friends or friends with children and they all had it except for 1 of them! I wish they had told me before it happened! So if you do start bleeding try not to completely panic – it’s scary and horrible, but very likely to be fine. The doctors didn’t really give a reason, they just said I was fine and it’s common to bleed in the first trimester. My step-sister, who is pregnant now, had 3 periods with her first child and bled the entire first trimester with her second! People just don’t talk about these things very much so it’s scary when it happens to you and you’re not prepared. Also, and this might be a bit tmi – I also bled a little after sex. Apparently this is common too!
I hope nothing I’ve written scares you, just thought it might be best to be prepared. I am so excited for you and your fiancé, you must be so happy x

Tinkerbell – how are you doing? Have you got anything nice planned for this month while you wait for the next scan?

Oh wow serena thank you so much for that, at least I've got some preparation!!! I'm sure ill think of loads more questions!!

I did test again today and the lines were much stronger!! I've bought all these tests I might aswel use them!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 6
That's perfect, no mistaking that one! Mine wasn't loads darker than that at 11dp5dt!

Is it starting to sink in more now? X how is your fiancé finding the news? My husband was in as much of a state of shock as me I think! Took a few days to get our heads round it! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->