IVF/ICSI at Guys? Anyone else?

He doesn't know?! How have you possibly kept it from him? Surely he can tell as you must be going around with a big smile!

Oh Kezza, I'm so pleased for you :) bet you're on :cloud9: atm

He doesn't know?! How have you possibly kept it from him? Surely he can tell as you must be going around with a big smile!

I was going to say the same, I always wonder how I'll tell DH if I ever see a BFP and I'd struggle enough throughout the day if he was at work while I tested. I think my DH would be the same though and not want to know until OTD because he'd be too scared to believe it's real until then.

I'm going a bit crazy atm, just feel eager to get started again or at least get the rest of the tests that need doing out of the way so I know 100% it's a yes. So I can't wait to spot my temp rise to know I've ovulated and then 2weeks till AF shows up and I can get all those booked and hopefully find out the cyst has gone. I imagine April will be a long month though waiting to start in May, but we have our 1st Anniversary coming up in 6 weeks and we're off to Disneyland Paris for a few nights this weekend so trying to keep myself occupied.

Agreed - Kazza you must be walking round like a cheshire cat, plus the 100's of test you have at home must be a giveway for you OH:haha:

have you worked out your due date yet?? there are loads of good ivf calculators out there to help -

Tinkerbell - know what you mean, i am also keen to get going. But hopefully you'll have a lovely time in Paris then come back and kick off, plus you have Easter to look forward too.

Serena - great advice of things to look for in the first three months, even though think i will still freak if i start bleeding (well have to also get the bfp first too!)

AFM - going to Lister for a scan first thing tomorrow to see what's going on and why no AF and then go from there

k xx

Serena I hope you a have a easy third semester, as you have been through a lot with the first one, you have been so brave. Thanks for advice hope to get that far.

Key is great that you are booked for a scan, Lister sounds so good.

Thinkerbell have a lovely weekend in Paris sounds great, this should take your mind of it and maybe the the cyst would go on his own. Then is Easter and your anniversary you will not have enough time until you start your new cycle.

Monkeyfeet enjoy you weekend in London with William and your oh.

Kazza congratulation again great. So please for you. How do you resist without telling your oh.

AFM back to work time goes faster but I got a terrible headache. Not too long till Sunday but my husband is advising me to wait till Thursday ODT. I will know before anyway if is negative because my AF would come 4 days earlier as with all my both fresh cycles, so any time from tomorrow.

Tinkerbell - sorry to hear you're frustrated with the wait. Are you allowed to get any of the tests done now or do you have to wait? Which tests is it that you have to get done?
Hope you have a great time in Disneyland - you must be a massive Disney fan!
The waiting around week after week during IVF is probably one of the hardest parts. It adds so much stress too when a cycle doesn't work as you know it'll be a few months til your next test. It definitely helps to fill your waiting time with nice plans x

Key - good luck tomorrow at Lister. If everything looks ok on the scan do you think they might give you that drug to bring on AF like Kazza had? Let me know how it goes as I'll be thinking of you x
Yes, you would def freak if you start bleeding once you get your BFP! It's impossible not to, especially with everything we've already been through. hopefully it'll not happen to anyone on this forum but it's so strange how it's so common and nobody talks about it! Except me & you can't shut me up! X

Izabela - sorry, we posted at the same time. I'm glad work is helping. Do you think you'll still test on Sunday or go with your husbands advice? X hope the headache shifts & you feel better soon x

Hiya

Finally told oh tonight, and after two tests he believes it!!just told his family too! Finally sinking in! How ive got through this week I'll never know!

Key looking forward to your update tomorrow!

Tinkerbell and key, I can't wait for you both to get going now too!!

Isabel not long now to wait, your doing so well! Do you think you will cave early and test?

Key - good luck this morning x

Kazza - great that you told your OH, he must have been over the moon x
Did you test again today or just waiting until tomorrow? And are you still ringing Lister today? X

Kazza must make it more real now OH knows - bet he is so excited too. Let us know what lister say when you speak to them.

I sat at lister now waiting for prescription they're going to give me a shot of something or other today then OH has to give me other tomorrow and it should start bleed. Plus I'll be starting sniffers tomorrow. Once got drugs I"ll know more in min. Starting to get stressed I'm meant to be working & have call with my boss in 55mins and at this rate never going to get back in time. Not sure what excuse I'm going to give for not being around!! This is the bit I hate trying to fit full on treatment in with a busy job

K xx

So I've had a gestone injection in bum today and OH had to give me second tomorrow, that along with starting the dr sniffers today should make me bleed. I'm on diff sniffers - suprecur as they haven't got synarel in at pharmacy. Apparently same thing but I have to do 3 times not twice a day.

Then I've got to go back for a scan on Thurs and all being well will start stims. Because of delay in cycle looks like I'll miss out the 2 weeks on pill and apparently this works with my receipent too. So at this rate I could be having EC in a few weeks time!!

The "bum injections" as they will now be known I have to have OH do every other day past EC this is to hopefully increase my progesterone because each fresh cycle I've bleed before otd, plus I'll have to start steroids for NK so it's going to be a drug filled few weeks.

Also ended up doing a 1 to 1 conf call with my boss in lister reception as would never have got back in time, just hope he didn't notice all the background noise!

Anyway hope your all having a good day and a little more chilled than mine BUT at least I can get started now on plus side

K xx

Key, that's such good news. After the long wait it's now going faster than you thought. And good that you're not taking even more drugs with the BCP. Were the injections in the bum painful? I never minded the belly ones really but when I did one in my thigh it was horrible.
I'm so pleased they've sorted everything out for you, and EC in a few weeks! Brilliant news x I bet the lady your sharing with is getting excited. Have you found Lister better so far? X

Thanks Serena, injection was not painful but it's a little sore now. They are intramuscularly so quite long needles. Sure it might hurt a little when OH does it tomorrow but guess he'll get practice and get better!

Lister have been good so far only down side is I always seem to be there for hours. Today I thought a scan would be quite quick but after I had seen everyone it was over 2hrs which is just tough when you can't tell work and are meant to be working

X

Key is a great news that you are starting in few weeks. Lister sound good and they seem to sort things out. I fully understand your struggle with work. Been on the same boat. I had something booked in my work dairy but I had an emergency at the office and I was call back. I said that I had a flat tire and I will be back a s a p, all went OK in the end but stressful.

Kazza I can believe how happy you are and your family. When are going to have the scan maybe you have twins.

I will probably test on Sunday.

Glad you told OH Kazza, I'm so happy for you both :)

Key, glad things are moving now and you're not too nervous but full of excitement that EC could be in just a few weeks. Hope the steroids aren't too bad for you, do you know what ones and the dose you'll be on? I non stop want to eat when i'm on them.

Oh yes I'm a HUGE Disney fan, engaged there, as you know married there just gutted we can't spend our one year anniversary there but a little trip to Disneyland Paris will have to do :)
Well I guess Hammersmith could do the tests before but as it's quite a treck, took me over an hour and half to get there last time so they try to do everything all on the same day where possible. Got my AMH results back from them today which were 33, they had a feeling they'd be normal though judging by my response to stims.
Had to go to Guy's today and pick up our notes, £25 for a some photocopies :growlmad: I actually felt really upset and down again when looking through them, I think it just brought everything with the failed IVF back especially seeing the facts. All 12 of our embryos actually made it to day 5, it's just that they were behind in their growth, trying to understand some of the stuff is a bit difficult so google is my best friend atm, not that it will change any of it now.

Do any of you know with Guy's grading of day 3 embryos do they do 1-4/5 with 1 being the best or the other way round?

Key I know what you mean about being stuck up there! I found the pharmacy are by far the worst though, I got stuck the by far the most times!! For ages! I cannot believe you could be in egg collection in a few weeks! Are you on the short protocol? Soo excited!

Good luck for Sunday isabel fingers crossed for you! I'll be thinking of youn and looking forward to some good news!

Tinkerbell! Good idea to pick your notes up for your new appt, I never bothered but in hindsight maybe I should have! I'm sooo looking forward to you getting started! But I no what you mean, seeing the treatment plan in black and white and seeing what happened all over again must be sad! But we have positives now! I new treatment plan with a new clinic! Everything looks good! Also when is your 1st yr anniversary?

Serena, how's you feeling Hun?

Afm yes feels much more real now oh knows! Just want to get these first few weeks out the way my scan is 2nd April ! I'll be 6+3 can't wait! I've done another test today I hope I don't end up doing them up to the scan!!

Tinkerbell when I did a day three transfer guys said they would grade to me as too early! I know one clinics do but guys said they only graded on day 5! They might have lied to me though, think they were poor quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->