IVF/ICSI at Guys? Anyone else?

Thinkerbell 12 fertilizing and going to day five is unbeliveble. Maybe Humersmith would have better lab condition and you will have lots to freeze as well. Your AMH is great as well. I never got any grading from Guys and I don't know my AMH either. We only ever knew that my husband is the reason although not sure anymore. If this is negative I will take my notes as well and I will have to find another clinic. Have a good time at Disneyland and look positive to the future. Lots of people got better luck when they change clinics.

Serena hope you feeling well. Do you sleep only on you back or on your side is also comfortable?

Tinkerbell when I did a day three transfer guys said they would grade to me as too early! I know one clinics do but guys said they only graded on day 5! They might have lied to me though, think they were poor quality.

Guy's frustrate me with a few things like this, I was never told any of my grades either and I also hate I never even so much as saw a picture of my embryo and most clinics seem to give patients a picture to keep :growlmad:

According to my paperwork I got today which includes a sheet with embryo info from collection until day 6, they certainly grade at day 3 though because mine all have grade listed. All say day 3 grade 4 with a mixture of between 6-8 cells

Thinkerbell 12 fertilizing and going to day five is unbeliveble. Maybe Humersmith would have better lab condition and you will have lots to freeze as well. Your AMH is great as well. I never got any grading from Guys and I don't know my AMH either. We only ever knew that my husband is the reason although not sure anymore. If this is negative I will take my notes as well and I will have to find another clinic. Have a good time at Disneyland and look positive to the future. Lots of people got better luck when they change clinics.

Serena hope you feeling well. Do you sleep only on you back or on your side is also comfortable?

Even though all 12 made it to day 5/6 according to this bit of paper, majority were very slow growers so not as they should be and weren't blasts at day 5. It's so hard to understand all this stuff though and I wish more was explained at our review now, some of the things on this sheet about embryos I have no clue what it means.
Guy's never did tell me my AMH either, it's very frustrating they don't tell you all these things.

They were all 6-8 cells at day 3, most were 7-8 but they were grade 4 according to this paper, which if that's bad we were never told at the review which I'm really annoyed at, why wouldn't they bring it up that every single embryo was bad, with a lot of fragmentation or cells were different sizes.
Surely that suggests something is wrong that hasn't been found, we were told at the review my eggs look good. Some bits aren't filled in on this embryo sheet which is slightly frustrating too.

How you feeling today Kazza?

Does grade 4 mean poor?? I don't no? Maybe at your new dr will break this all down and explain and get you on the right treatment plan!

I'm fine thank you bit tired crampy but that's all!

It seems some clinics use 1-4/5 and some use 4/5-1 so I don't know of 4 is the best or the worst, if its bad I completely feel like we were mislead, maybe they didn't say because they couldn't be bothered to answer the questions if have :growlmad:

Have you continued to test? I don't think if be able to stop haha

Sorry Tinkerbell have no idea about Guys grading at day 3, I just now they are looking for ideally between 6 to 8 cells so sound like yours were spot on. Try not to take anything from the notes to mean they were bad, if you haven't got them explained you could be misinterpreting & like Kazza says maybe Hammersmith can shed more light. Also your amh is brill at 33 mine is 16 but they were happy with that because average for my age. When's your next appt - hopefully you'll get some answers?

Isabela everything crossed for tomorrow Hun, I really hope you get that bfp and can join Kazza in the club!!

Serena hope your having a relaxing weekend with bump.

Kazza - 3rd April is not too far away at all can't wait to hear how scan goes. Will you be able to see heartbeat then?

Afm - hubbie did very well on bum injection not too bad at all, and today's first full day of sniffers. Still no AF but sure she will arrive soon

Hope everyone else is good on this rainy day

K xx

Hi key really glad hubbie did well!!!

Hope the sniffs don't give you those headaches!!

Isabel! Are you still testing tomorrow?

Tinkerbell maybe Hammersmith will explain this for you and will look more positive. You fertilization rate is fantastic. Tray to stay positive 6-8 cells is good second maybe the clinic lab is better. Your AMH is great and your fertilization rate is fantastic same all you embys went to day 5. Maybe Hammersmith may change some of the dosage and the eggs will be more mature if is need. You can not be so hash on you only after one IVF. Stay positive and hopefully soon you will get you BFP.

AFM -Thanks for thinking at me girls but I think is over. I had bad cramps and AF symptoms since last night and in the afternoon I had some dark brown spotting so the AF is coming soon. We are gutted and not sure where to go next. Surely we would move from Guys but not sure where. We spent 5000 on this go and probably would have for one or two goes if we save enough. I thought at egg shearing like Kazza and Key but I don't think I will be accepted as they want a good family health history. My mum died of ovarian cancer 2 years ago and grandparents of heart problem and diabetes.
We will have to have long thought once all this sinks in. Lister is very expensive. Thinkerbell how is Hummersmith do they have good success rates?

Oh Isabela I'm so sorry you think AF is coming, it might still be worth testing tomorrow anyway as you never know. I think you probably need a little time to let it sink in if it hasn't worked - it is always such a terrible feeling but coming up with a new plan of action always helps. Lister is very expensive so understand why you may not be able to go there (& so sorry to hear about your mum), but hope you can find somewhere you have confidence in as so important.

I really hope you're wrong & just experiencing implantation cramps

Much love xx

Thank Key you are really sweet. I will test tomorrow to take my mind of it. Is never easy. I will first want to see what Guys have to say and this time I will demand to know all the results or I will ask for my notes. We should then decide what to do next.

Glad your OH is good at injections, it helps.
Xx

Izabela - I'm so sorry that this round may have not worked. It's so disappointing. And so frustrating for AF to come so early. I had that too with my first 2 rounds - maybe you could try what Key is trying and take extra progesterone - I asked to do this in our consultation as I felt sure that my hormones weren't right after the fresh cycles and I wouldn't have been able to get BFP. Oh I'm so sorry that's really bad news. I'm also so sorry to hear about your mum dying, these last few years must have been so hard for you. I really hope you can find a hospital that suits both you and your OH and get the BFP you deserve. Do you think Hammersmith might take you onto the same trial that Tinkerbell is on? Much love & thinking of you x

Tinkerbell - hope you're ok. I don't blame you at all about feeling miserable when you got your notes from Guys, I completely agree that they are very vague & dismissive in your follow up consultations. All 3 times they haven't told me any details about the quality of the embryos, just things like 'ok' 'good' or 'very good' and when I've specifically asked about grading they seem reluctant to give you details. It's very strange. Hopefully Zhammersmith will be a lot better x

Key - glad your bum injections went well! Your lucky OH, what a romantic experience this whole IVF process is! Let me know how you're feeling on all of the new drugs, I hope the new sniffers are ok & AF shows up tomorrow x

Kazza - how are you doing hon? X are you telling a few family & friends the good news yet or waiting a while? How exciting that you get a scan at 6 weeks - you'll be able to see the heartbeat - or heartbeats! - by then x
Hope you're enjoying this time, you deserve it, & getting lots of naps! X

AFM - spent today at a 3 year olds birthday party which was fun but overwhelming & loud and after an hour or so I had to get out of there! Can't be a good sign! X izabela - yes I'm sleeping on my side mostly now as it's a little uncomfortable on my back but I often wake up on my back snoring away! X
I'm staying up to watch the F1 qualifying at midnight & then getting up at 5.30 to watch the race so will probably be a zombie tomorrow x

Isabel could it not be implantation!! Don't give up hope!!! I've been cramps loads!!! Good luck tomorrow ill be thinking of you! I agree you should demand your notes! Get to the bottom of things especially if you move clinics! I do believe you should enquire about egg sharing! Ask for dr Thum as he is the main who makes decisions on who is accepted if your case is out if the ordinary and he is lovely! I don't think there is a person in the world who doesn't have a family member who's had cancer or heart related problems! I think you should enquire ! I am truly sorry to hear of your sad loss! You really have been through it these last few years!!!

Key hope AF shows tomorrow!!

Serena!!! You must be crazy staying up all that time!!! You'll be exhausted!!!!

AFM mild cramps sore boobs that's all!! So hoping this will stick !! Don't feel very pregnant!!

Yes we've just told close family and friends!

Kazza - it's definitely strange not really feeling any different but knowing you're pregnant. It's horrible having cramps & things too & worrying. Have you worked out your due date yet? How is your OH doing? X

Hi serena, oh is totally over the moon!

I just can't wait to get to my first scan! So worried that they won't see a heart beat! I'm still on metformin and the usual dose of cyclogest, when did you stop the cyclogest?

Hi Kazza - I stopped the tablets & pessiaries at 12 weeks, but I've read that it's different at different hospitals - between 2 & 14 weeks.
The scan will be so reassuring - it's great they do one so early at Lister, it'll definitely put your mind at rest. And miscarriage rates drop massively once a heartbeat has been seen which I found reassuring as I worried a lot. At Guys they scan around 8 weeks & that's when they release you to your local hospital & everything else is handled by them. Will you be based at PRUH? Apparently their birthing unit is fantastic but I've not looked round it yet. Their midwives seem really nice though.
I'm so glad your OH is over the moon - after all the years of stress it's nice to be able to celebrate at last! X

Hiya!!

Yes I can't wait to get to that scan! I can't relax at all!! Abd the cramps worry me even though they are normal! I still feel like I want to test!!

Yes we will be under pruh. I've got an appt with my gp on Thursday!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->