IVF/ICSI at Guys? Anyone else?

Jhoney can't believe Scatlett is teething already - poor thing.

Thanks all for keeping your fingers crossed let's hope the power of positive thinking makes a difference!

Izabela glad you've got follow up booked, you definitely need to ask about progesterone levels and what can be done. I'm sure getting AF so early is a sign you might need extra help.

Serena you're right it would be lovely if I was to join Kazza in getting bfp we'd only be a few weeks apart on due date

Afm had check up today and no surprise not many follicles showing yet as only 4 days in but they want to up my dosage to 375 and I need to go back in on thurs. apparently dr faris reviewed today's blood test results & thought it best way to progress. I'm impressed with the monitoring & blood test each time to check hormone levels they never did that for me at guys. Also I start steroids on Thurs so let's see what fun that brings- although have too say not had too many side effects so far :)

Hope you ladies are are well and have lots of lovely plans for bank hols

K xx

Key is great that Lister keep a close eye on you blood levels. I am glad you don't have many second effects on medication. I am not that lucky.For what did Lister provide steroids. Is good that you having the extra shot of progesterone as well. This sounds like a fantastic cycle for you and the care you receive sound great. How you manage your job and appointments so far? Not long left. Finger cross for you to get lots of folicules and eggs. But I think you would not needed as Lister know how to get results.
This should be your long lounged and deserved BFP. Thinking of you. Baby wishes. X

Thanks Izabela - the steroids are for my increased NK levels so this is the first time we are trying it with this medication. In terms of managing with work not sure I am doing that well - I just try and book a few hours out in my diary as meetings but no ideal!

Only problem I'm having is getting used to the menupur I find it quite hard getting it in syringe and I now realised that 1 of the injections between Fri to mon I either didn't get any fluids or forgot the injection. As I have 1200ml in one pot so they should do me 4 times but I've effectively got 1 injections worth left. I'm really hoping this cock-up isn't going to effect anything. I need to talk to Annette about it tomorrow I think

K xx

Hiya

Key great that lister are monitoring you well ! And upped your dose lister are deffo not afraid of upping the dose! When are you back for another scan? I never had much going on by day 4 stims either so that's ok! Do you have liz scanning you?

I too ran out of menopur I don't think there was as much in there as they say there is! I so can't wait for your egg collection!!!

Izabel glad you have follow up booked!! And considering options! Considering 3 embies ! Brave ! But totally understand why! What does hubby say about going abroad? Where would you go?

Serena, monkey feet and j honey how are you lovely ladies?

AFM still no symptoms!5 + 4 today! Mild cramps sore boobs that's all still!!!!

Kazza maybe you're one of the lucky ones and won't get many horrible symptoms and will have a lovely pregnancy - I hope so :)

I'm back at lister tomorrow & then will find out when need to go in over bank hols. Plus start steroids tomorrow

X

Ooooo good luck! , bet you start feeling your ovaries over Easter! Bet you have ec end of next week! I'm so excited!!

Hopefully I will be one of those lucky people who sales through it!

Had scan (with Liz) and we can just about make out 9 or 10 follicles at mo but still early days. Back in on Sat am and then currently Tues but they might want to see me Monday. I'll hear later today whether dose stays the same or increases.

I had different nurse today & funnily enough she had high nk cells but when she had steroid and other treatment she got pregnant (with ivf at Lister)! But she did say the steroids can mess with sleep & I might find myself wide awake in middle of night. Also don't think I really took it inboard before but I'm having intravenous something or other on EC day also for nk cells, and that takes a few hours to complete.

Kazza think your right EC likely to be Thurs or Fri - really hope I get a good number I don't want to let me lady down.

Btw meant to ask do you get to hear at this stage if your lady has got bfp also?

K x

Hiya!

When you have your egg collection you get a really nice room, lunch which is lovely and continuous monitoring!much better than guys in that respect but you are knocked out completely at guys it was heavy sedation which I didn't realise !

Oops steroids messing with your sleep! Annoying! But will be worth it in the end!

Still early days you may just stim for longer! It's quality over quantity!

My lady didn't get prenant but she had some frozen which is good.

I'm at lister on tuesday for my scan. 10 am might see you there!

Sorry to hear your lady didn't get positive result but great she has some frozen. I'm paranoid that I'm going to let my lady down by only having 8 which is stupid as sure I'll have more than that!! Dose has been increased to 450 now which I'm sure will bring on those follicles.

I like the sound of the private room and lunch - sounds like a spa break (when you take away the sedation!!).

Your scan has come round so quick - I'm so excited to hear if it's twins or not

Hope everyone else is good

Xx

I was quite sad when I found out! But at least she has some frozen!

Great that the dose has been increased, im sure u willproduce lots of eggs and your lady will be happy. Lister no what there doing and are not afraid to increase the dose!

I can't wait or the scan I just don't feel at all pregnant! I need too see it on the screen to believe it!

Just had scan after 8 days of stim and can only see 6 follicles over 10 and a couple of smaller ones. Feeling bit disappointed I am really hoping for min of 12 so we both get a fair chance if having some sucess! Back in on Tues so hopefully things will improve over w/end. I'm on 450 of menopur so don't think I can go any higher!!

Kazza did u say your in Tues or Weds for scan? Can't wait to hear all about it.

Any news from anyone else? Hope you're all well

K xx

Key, can't you just keep stimming for a bit longer to give the other follies a chance to catch up? So much can happen in 3 or 4 days !!

Scan is Tuesday morning x

Yes I think I'll be stimming for a good few days but was just hoping to see more follicles already I guess.

Can't wait to hear from you on Tuesday - hope everything goes well & you get lovely image of the baby / babies!!

Xx

Thanks hun,

I don't think I had that much to report on day 8 had to stim for 12 days in total but you could stim for a few more days! Don't worry you'll have more by the end of stimming and now you've increased the dose once its in your system they grow more!!

Hello! Happy Easter everyone, hope you're enjoying the long weekend.

Key - sorry to hear the follicles aren't at the stage you wanted them to be at. Hopefully you'll be able to stim for longer and in a week it might be a completely different story. Did the doctors or nurses say what they thought was best? And what did they say about the injections as before you mentioned being worried about missing one or not doing it properly? Good luck for the next couple of days & looking forward to hearing great results from the scan on Tues x

Kazza - you must be very excited about Tuesday too. I wonder if it'll be twins?! There's loads of people on the forums who say the same as you about not feeling pregnant as no symptoms, it seems really common. Even with the sickness I don't think I actually felt pregnant until I started getting a belly around 12/14 weeks & then really really felt pregnant when she started kicking at 17 weeks. I think it's just a strange concept to imagine being pregnant when you look like normal. I bet the scan will change that when you see your little blob & it's little heartbeat! Or maybe 2 blobs with 2 heartbeats! Looking forward to hearing how it goes for you x

Jhoney - it does still seem strange the whole process of IVF. Hard to believe they can really do all of this & help us like this. I find it really strange thinking the baby inside me spent a few months in a freezer. And her brothers & sisters could be in a freezer now! Very surreal. But as you said totally worth it.

Izabela - hope you're ok & enjoying your month or so away from the process before you have your consultation. Where would you go abroad? My sister in law's friend went to Spain as it was cheaper & has 2 children now.

Tinkerbell - how are you getting on? When are you expecting to have AF & another scan for your cyst ?

Monkeyfeet - hope you & William are well & that you have dressed him up as an Easter Egg. Or maybe a bunny.

AFM - no real news. Spending the weekend going through the storage cupboards & attic to throw away all the rubbish we've collected over the last six years. Although really I've just been watching my husband do it while I've been stuffing my face with bagels & napping. I'm so tired all the time I'm basically being no help. I've got blood tests in 2 weeks & I'm hoping I'm not going to be anaemic as I've heard the iron supplements can make you constipated and don't need that on top of the other delightful pregnancy side effects of quite amazing flatulence & burping. Feeling very attractive right now!

Good luck tomorrow girls. Thinking of you.

Hope everybody had a good Easter. X

Thanks for good luck messages ladies - here's hoping to see lots of follicles

Kazza best of luck for today :)

Serena glad you spent a nice weekend getting the OH to work hard on clearing stuff out - sounds like a good plan. Lister weren't too worried about the missed injection they just said to carry on. Hopefully today I'll get a better idea of EC day

K xx

Cannot believe it!!

Key any news your end Hun?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 12

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads