IVF/ICSI at Guys? Anyone else?

OMG! wow Kazza I'm speechless and so, so happy for you :) I had a feeling it would be xx

Kazza that is absolutely fantastic I am so happy for you, such brilliant news :happydance: How is OH taking it is he over the shock!! Do you think it was maybe hysterocopy that also made a difference this cycle -many women swear it does?

What does having twins mean for care, do you stay with lister or just go into general maternity care?

Afm still on 8 mature follicles and a couple much smaller so they have booked me in for EC on Thurs as don't want to risk losing big ones. They mentioned today that we need to consider what we'll do if we get less than 8. Am really upset for my recipient that it's likely I'll give her such a small number & also so disappointed that there's not more but hopefully they'll end up being good quality & it will still work for us both. Sorry don't want to put downer on your brilliant news Kazza & am so excited for you, just having a tough day today

K xx

Great news Kazza. I better you and your husband are so pleased. So pleased for you.

Key mature eggs is very good. I have a good feeling for you. You had good quality before now that you taking extra progesterone and medication for NK should be a positive or a double positive. Thinking of you. X

I am thinking of lots of o options ARGC, Lister or IVF in Hungary or Holland. A clinic in Prague offer a 3 go offer for 7500 pounds including FET. Their success is 44% or 3 go cumulative 78%. Need too think at all those option as all have positives and negatives.

Kazza - I'm so happy for you - what big news! I bet it's hard to believe there will be 2 babies wriggling around inside in a few weeks! Did you get any measurements & to see the heartbeats? I love the photo. How are you feeling?

Key - so sorry youre having a tough day - 8 good size mature follicles is good news, it's not as many as you hoped and I can imagine feeling disappointed for the lady you are sharing with but you shouldn't feel bad as it's something beyond your control and if just one of your embryos gives her a baby it will be the best gift that anybody could possibly give, and what you are doing is so completely generous that even 1 embryo for her is a huge thing to be able to do and give her the opportunity to have a baby. Hopefully you'll both have 4 gorgeous eggs & in a few weeks you'll have the BFPs you deserve. I am keeping all of my fingers and toes crossed for you & will be thinking of you on Thurs x

It's good you have so many options Izabela - it is just a lot to think about with so many stats. Hope you and your OH find a good option soon x

Thanks ladies!

Key, I'm sorry your having a tough day! Have you considered donating all to the lady and having your own fresh cycle where you then keep all the eggs? I know it's draining and a long process but its worth a thought, more embies for you next time and you won't have to pay for your own full fresh cycle? And you keep them all?

Izabel great to have lots of options! Let us know what you decide?

Tinkerbell how are you doing?

Serena sorry yes we saw two heart beats! Was amazing! Measuring 5 mm!! Really happy!

How are you doing?

It is so amazing being able to see the heartbeat for the first time. So surreal & lovely. It must be even more weird with 2 flashing away on the screen. Do you feel more relieved now?

Key - I didn't realise you could donate all the eggs to the lady as Kazza described. Would Lister just pay for next round? x

You can donate all and they do the next one for free and you keep all the eggs Im not sure if you need less than 8 eggs or including 8 eggs though

Yes was completely surreal!

Izabela it sounds like you have a couple of great options there with clinics - guess you need to look into all pros & cons to try and come up with what you think will work for you. I have seen sucess stories on here & other forums from ladies who have gone abroad and those success rates look pretty good.

Kazza I can't imagine seeing the two heartbeats that must be absolutely amazing, bet it is still sinking in. When is your next scan?

Serena & all thanks for confidence boost - and we do have the option of donating all eggs and having a free cycle but it is quite a bit decision to jump right back into the treatment, plus that would be 4th fresh cycle in just over a year, can't be great for my body?

But I feel much more positive today and am hoping for a couple of hidden follicles so I get maybe 10 tomorrow. In at 7.30 so will let u know how we get on

K xx

Good luck tomorrow with egg collection. I have a good feeling that some more have grown since yesterday. Finger cross.

Serena how is third semester. Great that you have sorted out old things, making space for you little one. Have you thought at any names yet. Or are you waiting to see your little precious girl to inspire you.

Yes I would like to consider ARC or Lister but both seem to run over 10 000 pounds which mean I will only afford one go. ARC claim 66% but they call you twice a week a day for blood test and they do some plasma infusion so more likely 13k which would let us in debt. I will ask Guys for the file before I will decide what to do next. Abroad is cheaper but we can check their success and is hard to take so much time of work.

Key best of luck!!!! I'm sure there will be some hidden follies! Thinking of you today xxx

Izabel you have alot to consider!!! I personally cannot praise lister enough! I'm talking to some other girls who cycled at the same time as me and out of 4 people 3 are pregnant that's good odds! Lister does have a great reputation but then so does arc! I also no of people that went abroad for treatment and it was significantly cheaper! Gosh it's such a decision to make!!!

Serena how you doing Hun?

AFM still no symptoms only tired! Next scan 26th April x

Good luck Key - hope it all goes well for you this morning x you're probably out of EC by now as your appt was so early! Hoping for some hidden eggs for you & your recipient too x

Izabela - I had no idea it would be over £10k!! That's so expensive. Is that because it includes an extraction for your OH? Maybe you could contact a lot of hospitals and enquire if they have any research studies going on that you would qualify for? Did you ask Lister if you could be considered for egg sharing or is that not something you'd want to do?
Yes, we've chosen the name Rosalie which we are using on a daily basis so I hope she doesn't come out & look like a Gertrude! The third trimester is going fine - lots of bigger kicks which can take you by surprise a bit! Hoping to move house at the end of this month, we've signed contracts so just waiting to exchange x

Kazza - that's great you have no symptoms besides tiredness - hope it continues like that for the first trimester x
How far pregnant will you be on the 26th? About 10 weeks? Will Lister then release you to the NHS? And have you met your local midwife yet for a booking in appt? I didn't have mine until 11 wks but they said lots of women have them earlier. You'll be having your 12 weeks scan shortly after your next scan! Really exciting x
I'm doing fine thanks - my stomach seems to be growing daily & sometimes feels as though it will burst open! I think it's because I lost so much weight in the first trimester - I'm making up for lost time now!

Tinkerbell - how are you getting on now hon? X

Still in lister having nk intravenous treatment. We got 9 in total bit they haven't come with option of not sharing so I guess we are full steam ahead. Will find out viability & fertilisation rate tomorrow. Will post more later x

That's great Key - how are you feeling? Was the NK IV treatment ok? Lets hope all 9 are great quality & you & the recipient get a few frozen ones after ET! Could they tell you any details or will you find it all out tomorrow? X

Just on train back now, a long day as been here 9 hrs but you get your own room with sky movies and lunch!!

Can't wait to here fertilisation rate tomorrow really hope that although I didn't get as many that they're good quality so we both get excellent fertilisation rates. I've always had 5 day transfer so really hope that's going to be possible this time too.

Serena - Rosalie is a lovely name and not too long now until she'll be with you.

Kazza only a few weeks til next scan, have they given u a due date, it's earlier with twins isn't it?

Izabela - I know lister and others can work out so expensive, it is such a tough decision , although if we have to (let's hope not!) I think we would stay here and do a paying cycle if we had to.

Roll on tomorrow ...

X

Hiya

9 is good Hun! So 5 for you and 4 for the lady yeah? Fingers crossed or tomorrow let us knw won't you! Quality over quantity! Hotel lister is great isn't it!!

Serena rosalie is beautiful! Love it!

I'll be 9+6 at the scan! Can't wait! They keep the due date the same but they will be born early! Wonder how Anastacia is getting on with her twins!

I've been discharged back to the NHS! I'm paying for another scan at chelfield in Orpington.

Good luck tomorrow key!!

9 is good Key. Finger cross for today. X

Kazza you must be so excited. So good you have another scan in 3 weeks. Yes I can see why you regard Lister. I am also interest in egg sharing and I think it is a great gesture a couple can do for another. I haven't contacted then yet as In am waiting to see my file as I don't know my AMH only my FHM from 2011 which was 5.1. Have you taken your file?

Serena Rosalie is such a sweet name, she will definitely will be a sweety baby. SO she is very active now in the third semester. I better is nice felling her and with the bump the pregnancy must feel so real now.

ARGC it is expensive because they charge you extra for blood test and they do all sorts of test, hhisterectopy, infusions with plasma, which I don't think are necessary but is a way from them to make extra money.

Key any news on fertilisation Hun?

Izabel egg sharing could be the way forward then all you would need to
Pay for is your partners treatment! I didn't bother getting my file I new most of the facts and figures so I just relayed it all to lister.

Hope everyone's doing ok xx

Hi Key - how did it go today? Hope you had some good news for both you & your lady x are you having 2 put back as well on Tues if fertilisation goes well? You could be pregnant with twins like Kazza in a couple of weeks and doing 20 tests a day too ha ha x thinking of you & wishing you so much luck x

Kazza - you're released already?! They don't mess around at Lister. That's a good idea to pay for another scan - it's too long to wait between scans, especially after all the IVF - you just want to know what's going on with the little bean! How long is gestation normally for twins? It's quite a bit earlier isnt it?

Izabela - do you think the ARGC like to test more if you've already been through IVF but it wasn't successful? It would be so much more expensive but poss worth it if they find something they can treat, like with Key & the NK test? X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->