IVF/ICSI at Guys? Anyone else?

Both in shock but so very happy :happydance:

I'm feeling ok still a bit crampy and very sore boobs and a bit headachy last couple days but otherwise fine. I did wake up very hungry last night but that's not the first time & think that's the steroids. Can't wait to get scan date that is going to feel like forever away!!!

I'm loving Lister & Superdrug!!!
X

OMG!!!! If I wasn't at my desk is be jumping around!!!!!!!! I'm so happy!!! I swear by the super drug tests!!!! And lister!!!!! The nk cells treatment have done the trick!!! Are you going to have the 6 week 3 day scan! If you do, before you pay 165 quid think about going ultrasound direct they have one in Norwood and eltham and they were brilliant ! 99 quid and you get loads of pictures!!!! I reckon twins!!! I'm so excited !!

Tinkerbell and izabella it is your turn next!!!

Serena, I've bought an angel sounds Doppler managed to find hear beat once two days ago and can't find it since!! They are great!!

Wopppppeeeeeee!!!!!

Twins is what I thought all the way! NK abd extra progesteron such a big difernce. Great with Lister.
CONGRATS

Thanks so much all and like Kazza says it will be you two next Izabela and Tinkerbell. We were both 4th time lucky but just goes to show can happen even when odds are against you!

Kazza your post made me laugh and don't get jumping on any desks in your condition!!

Scan is booked for 8th may when I'll be 6 + 6 -that seems like lifetime away, but I have to have another session of intralips the week before the scan.

Key, that is so brilliant. The 8th May seems ages away but hopefully it'll fly by & then you'll get your first glimpse if your little one - or ones! Hopefully the cramps will ease off like Kazza's - or stick around for weeks like mine!
So are you going to tell any people yet?
This is such a great day, I'm so pleased for you.

Izabela & Tinkerbell - hopefully this will be you too in May!

Kazza - you don't mess around do you?! The doppler is amazing. Hopefully from now on you'll be able to hear the heartbeats more easily. Maybe it's harder with twins? I was surprised in the beginning how low down the baby was - I kept thinking she was higher up but if I put the doppler much further down & tilted it I'd find her thudding away. What's the date of your 12 wk scan?

I'm too excited for Key to concentrate on my boring work! X

Key, I've been mega hungry since being pregnant too! That's the only symptom that has never gone away!!

Serena how many weeks were you when you first heard the heart beat at home?
Got a scan on nhs 10+2 on 29th April and midwife 3 may !

It is ages away - don't know how I'll cope. Anything I should keep an eye out for over next couple weeks? I just want to see heartbeat /s and know everything is ok

I'm going to tell parents tomorrow then start telling people after that - we've got good friends down for weekend and I'll probably tell them before they get through the door!!

Kazza not long till next nhs scan which is good. I'm going to have 1st done at lister because of intralips then probably go local like you recommended.

Just can't believe it - I'm so excited & so don't want anything to go wrong now we've got over the first hurdle

Xx

Key - that's lovely, your parents are going to be over the moon! Although when I told my mum I think she was in shock & it took her a few weeks for it to sink in! Are you doing anything to celebrate tonight with your OH or just taking it easy? X it's so exciting x
I can't think of anything to look out for - just everything I wrote to Kazza about not panicking if you have any bleeding & ways to stop morning sickness - but she's been fine so maybe you will be too & that's the Lister Way! And dont worry when symptoms come & go as it is normal. Also my advice would be to try & enjoy it & not obsess about things that can go wrong (I didn't do this myself & worried constantly but in hindsight I wish I hadn't). Oh and keep a diary of symptoms is great for when you look back & might be good for pregnancy number two- unless you have twins & decide one pregnancy is enough!
I read the Rough Guide to pregnancy each week as its quite down to earth although it can be a bit Bridget Jonesey at times! It's by Kaz Cooke & is funny as well as having a weekly breakdown of symptoms & proper info about things you should do. Will you be due around Xmas? X

Kazza - after consulting my symptoms diary (I know, loser) I first heard the heartbeat at 12+1, that was the first time I used it. I'd had some bleeding coming off of the IVF drugs so tried it out & heard her! Have you got the gel for it as I tried it without the gel & couldn't hear anything? Is the. 10+2 scan the equivalent of the 12 week scan but it's earlier with twins? Or do you have more regular scans to check everything? X

WOOHOO!!! Key - amazing news.. Biggest congrats. I'm grinning from ear to ear for you! Can't wait to hear more.

Much love to all else.x

Really happy for you Key and I feel more optimistic for the future.
Thank you girl and I hope that Thinkerbel and I can follow soon.
Sounds great that most of you on this thread are pregnant or with baby.

Key, how are you today Hun? Sunk in yet? How did the parents take the news?

My only tip is, eat regularly if you can I'm sure that's why I've not had any sickness perhaps I'm wrong but I've been so hungry that I've just eaten my way through any nausea I'm sure!!

Key I cant n lie these first few weeks have dragged for me! We had our first scan at lister too but deffo recomend this other clinic too as I got a much better service for a lot less money! Perhaps it was excuse I was further along and there was more to see!

Not trying to scar you but there's a girl on another forum a week behind me she had a scan at lister said she was having twins then she had an 8 weeks can else where and found triplets! The missed the other heart beat in the sac! So she has identicals and a single one! Crazy!

Serena thanks for that! You are so funny consulting your book of symptoms! Such I great idea! I tried my doppler at 8+3 found it once after ages of trying! Not found it since then tried to tonight at 8+6 and found it no problem! I can only ever find one though! I don't think it is I think the nurse just let me go for a dating scan coz I told them it was ivf twins!

Tinkerbell and Izabella how are you?

Monkeyfeet hope you and William are doing well!

J honey hope you and Scarlett are well!

Serena, the weeks must be creeping up on you now?

Kazza if you can only find one, it may be your own? Babies are really really low and it's really common to pick up on your own and mistake it for baby.

We're all well here, just off to Cornwall for a few days before my oh goes away for 4 mths.

Lots of love to all.xx

My mum and dad were very soooooo v excited so it was lovely telling them, also told out friends who are beyond exited too - starting to make it more real by telling people.

Serena yes I remember all your tips that's really useful thanks and I really hope I don't bleed but if I do at least I know a bit more about it now.

Kazza glad things are going fine and your having a go on the doopler think I might have to invest in one in a few weeks! Can't believe lister missed a baby on a scan but I do trust them and be chase of the NK I will have to continue under their care until least 12 weeks. I know the weeks will drag to scan but I am very busy at work so I think that will make the time go quicker - hopefully.

Tinkerbell were you back at ARG yesterday for more tests- how'd it go?

Izabela - not long til your Guys appt and have you had any more thoughts about going abroad?

Monkeyfeet have a lovely weekend in Cornwall hope the weather's good. Hope you are still going to get to see lovely OH during the 4 mths he's away, that's a long time :(

Jhoney hope all is good with you

Afm - I'm doing good still got sore boobs and a little bit of cramping / period like pain but more on and off now. Also very weird last couple of nights I've got indigestion after dinner which I never normally get other than that and not sleeping very well (hence posting at 5am!!) due to steroids I'm all good. Today is 4+2 :)

K xx

Hi monkeyfeet, I've Deffinatly heard my own down there bit this one was much faster. I'm finding it slightly to the right just above my pelvic bone. Hope you have a lovely time in Cornwall! Lookslike your going to have nice weather for it!

Wow 4 months!! Will you see him in between?

Key, to be fair I really trust lister, if they can give us that bfp! I trust them to the moon and back! Just thought it was a mad story! And to be fair my second baby was measuring a few days behind the other so was less visible so that could happen to anyone if its hiding! Honestly key I'm so happy and excited for you!! Or babies are only 5 weeks apart!!!

Your symptoms sound good! Don't think I got any indigestion either!!! I seem to have dodged it all! Hope that's not going to be a regular thing for you x

Monkeyfeet - have a lovely time in Cornwall - the sun's out at last! 4 months is so long, I hope you have lots of friends/family on call for nappy changing help x when you get time send us an update on how William is doing x

Key - how lovely for your parents & friends, they must be so thrilled. Telling people definitely makes is seem more real, I'm so excited to find out if you're having twins or one. It's crazy thinking that within 1 year we could potentially have 7 forum babies born...and hopefully a few more in early 2014 with Izabela & Tinkerbell's upcoming treatment too. Glad to hear the cramps are going off - although indigestion already isn't much fun x

Kazza - you're probably right about the second baby being harder to hear if they are a few days behind. Maybe it's harder to hear twins generally? Hopefully in a few weeks time you'll be able to find them quickly each time you use it.

Izabela - have you made any firm decisions about how you're going to proceed next? How are you feeling? X

Tinkerbell - hope your tests went well, not long now until you're back on the short protocol x

AFM - got my blood test results & iron levels are low. Went to my GP for iron supplements. My GP surgery is the worst ever, I sometimes wonder if I'm being pranked & it's some weird version of beadle's about. I showed him my letter, explained I'm 29 wks & the blood test was done at 28 wks. Then I showed him my pregnacare vitamins so he could see how much iron I was already taking. He looked at all of these and then said "are you pregnant?"! Seriously?! I said "yes, 6.5 months". He said "oh you hide that well". What a moron. I have strangers on the street asking me about my pregnancy & my own dr with my records in front of him etc doesn't know. Then he told me I shouldn't be taking pregnacare - I asked if he was sure because the midwives tell you to take it all through pregnancy so then he studied the box and said things had changed since his day & to keep taking them. His day?! He's still a dr. He printed off a prescription for iron tablets - I asked if I could have a liquid form instead as I have IBS & don't want to get constipated. He said that was an old wives tale but that if I get constipated I should go back & he'd give me the the liquid form. I give up. Anyway I started the tablets so I'm hoping to feel less tired any moment now!

Serena that's awful I can't believe your gp is so rubbish. Are you able to ask to see a different Doc? I guess you'll be moving pretty soon so will have a new gp then but it's a shame you're getting such rubbish service when you really need to feel in safe hands!! Sorry to hear iron is low and really hope the tablets kick in ASAP and give you boost you need to energy.

How's everyone else doing enjoying the lovely sunshine I hope. We've had lovely weekend with our friends & went to see marathon today. I'm feeling fine no major symptoms at mo just counting days til 8th!!

I have a question & sorry if tmi but did you ladies hold off on sex after bfp? I'm a bit nervous about doing anything in case I damage baby/s. Is this crazy - did you hold off at all??

K x

Hi ladies this forum moves so fast I feel like I miss loads. I'm loving all the cat pics we have 2 cats an 8yr old and a 4yr old. They were both house cats until 2yrs ago we have found that when we let them out they stay very close to the house cos their not keen on roaming think its cos their not used to it.

Key massive congratulations so fantastic, I'm so pleased for you. We did hold off on sex for ages but then I got to the stage when I wanted it all the time, raging hormones!!!! My oh was really funny and by the time I was really big he didn't want to at all he was worried we'd hurt the baby!!!! Or found my huge size a turn off but he swore this was not the case.

Kazza am pleased you are sailing through your pregnancy I'm so looking forward to finding out what sex your gorgeous twins are.

Serena your dr sounds useless its frightening to think they have patients lives in their hands. Pleased everything is going well with your pregnancy. What is your due date.

Izabela and tinkerbell I agree with the others it won't be long until you are both preggers. Then it will be a full house how great will that be.

Monkeyfeet I hope William is well how old is he now hope your both getting out and about and having lots of fun together.

Afm Scarlett and I are well still no sign of the tooth, but we are at a stage where we have to put teething gel on her gums before she feeds as the teat hurts her gums too much!!!!
Can you believe she is 4 months already and is now rolling on her side and playing with her toys, it goes sooooo fast enjoy every second with your new bubbas I feel like she grows and learns a new skill every week it's amazing.

I hope everyone has enjoyed this lovely weather it's been so nice lets hope spring is finally here.X.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->