IVF/ICSI at Guys? Anyone else?

Tinkerbell brilliant news am so happy that you had at least 2 blasts - with perhaps more to follow today, absolutely fantastic news. Now just try and take it easy and let nature take it's course!

Kazza that sounds really painful really hope that the ligament settles down soon for you. I don't know when you'd start feeling them move generally I thought around 16 weeks but you could be feeling it earlier.

Yes we went to Eltham and when I asked about hearing heartbeat she said something about the power of machine could hurt baby!! I think that's a load of bull but was happy to see everything developing well and seeing heart move, I can wait to hear heartbeat at our NHS scan.

K xx

We didn't get to hear the heartbeat at the nhs scan though!! So annoying!!

Tinkerbell any need today?

Thinkerbell fantastic news!!! Great so pleased for you ! Good news for frosties!!! This definetly your time !!

Key ggreat that the baby is doing fine and the other is nearly absorbed.

Serena hope the house move goes smooth.

Kazza when are you going to know the sex of the babies. Exciting times for yo

Monkeyfeet, Jhoney Hope everybody enjoys the nice weather.

Tinkerbell - fantastic news! Absolutely brilliant, really hope the great qual blast you had sticks & you get your BFP in a week or so! Very exciting! Did you hear about the others today? X

Key - gorgeous scan, I bet you & your OH felt so pleased. I have never heard the heartbeat during a scan, just on my doppler & during the midwife appts from wk 14/16. It's brilliant being able to see the heartbeat flickering away - lovely. How's your sickness now? Really hope it clears up soon - wk 22 doesn't sound much fun! Do you think you'll be tempted to buy a doppler? X

Izabela - great news from Lister, glad to hear you feeling so positive. Your husband sounds very strong to be so comfortable with the idea of a sperm donor, it must be a difficult thing to come to terms with & good he's handling it so well. How do you choose a donor? X do you think you will do the egg sharing?

Kazza - sorry to hear about the round ligament pain. I've had lots of weird stretching pains & cramps which are crappy but so far in the last trimester it has been a lot better! I think everything has stretched out now! I think the tappings are prob the babies moving. They say they move early but you only feel it when they are up close to the wall of your uterus which is why you don't notice it early because they are so small & surrounded by so much fluid. But if you have twins then there must be less room in there so you might be feeling them early! How lovely! Although I did have a few times where I thought she was kicking & then it turned out to be huge noisy wind! A side effect which has never worn off. My poor husband!

Monkeyfeet - thank you so much for the advice - I will have to get organised & order a changing bag ASAP. And sign up for these offers. I am so out of my depth & can't wait to get unpacked in our new place & get her room sorted. The huge nappy explosions don't sound fun! We've just bought a washer drier - I can see it'll be on constantly! Your epidural story was good - I wasn't being sarcastic! Knowing I have to have it makes me want to hear any good experiences of it!

Jhoney - thank you for the nighttime advice too. Do you think you'd recommend a gro bag from birth if you could do it again - or just from 8 weeks? Thanks for the monitor recommendation, we haven't got one yet & lots have mixed reviews. My friend recommended the bt pacifier one but again it has mixed reviews. It's hard to know what to do as they are quite expensive. I'll look up the angel heart one.

AFM - so tired! The move went fine but the house we bought is do dirty! I couldn't believe it! We left our flat in a pristine condition & the new place looks like it hasn't been cleaned for months! It's a bit depressing but we're making it nice slowly but surely! But I'm so so tired!

Jhoney - do you know the name/product no for the angel heart monitor - I'm not sure which one it is x

We froze just the one, another one almost made it but was very slightly below the quality needed, I'm happy we got one and almost another good enough to freeze after last cycle but hoping this one that was transferred is implanting nicely.
I was feeling all positive for the first couple of days post transfer but starting to feel a little negative now but as you all know these are just the ups and downs we have to put up with until testing.

Serena - glad your house move went well and you've managed to get a nice amount of rest. How annoying you found it so dirty, I don't know why anyone would leave a place in such a mess.

Hope the rest of you are all ok and enjoying the rain after a nice couple of days of sunshine ;)

Tinkerbell brilliant news about having one embryo frozen hopefully that could be a sibling in the future :) Sorry you're having some negative thoughts but you're completely right it is just part of the roller coaster ride. I'm sure there's no reason why it hasn't worked so just try and stay positive - I know how tough that can be though!!

Serena - glad you moved ok but such a shame they left the house in a mess. I'm sure there must be a million things to do but don't put yourself under too much pressure & try and get some rest. When do you start NCT classes it might be soon?

Kazza - how are you doing, hope you're not feeling too uncomfortable?

Monkeyfeet / Jhoney - how are things going with you both, hope you had a lovely bank hols with the little ones

Izabela any news your end how are things progressing with Lister?

Have got my Nuchal scan date now - it's 17th June. A bit disappointed I won't hear heartbeat for some reason thought I would then, think I might have to look into getting Doppler then!

K xx

Hey everyone!

Tinkerbell! All very normal to be up and down, but you have some great quaility embies so keep that chin up!

Serena - glad the move went well! Your in now and can make it nice! When we moved into our house it was disgusting too! We had to gut most of it out and start again! I too have the bad wind! Not a good look!

Key, your 12 week scan is creeping up already, your pregnancy feels like its flying past ! I love my Doppler! Don't no where I'd be without it! When's your midwife appt?

Isabella any news?

Afm ligament pain subsided think resting on th bank holiday has helped! We decided we will have a private 16 week gender scan so it's booked for 9th June in Norwood can't wait!

Thinkerbell like Key and Kazza said keep positive you had great qualities embie put back. Great that you have frostie for a sibling. Are you going to resist until the ODT or you thinking to test early. This should be your time you deserve this so much. Thinking of you x

Key your pregnancy advanced so quickly can believe you are nearly 12 weeks. Hope your symptoms are not too bad. A doppler sounds a great idea.

Kazza good news your ligaments pain has ease and you had a relaxing bank holiday. Not long till your sex scan. So exciting. I still think you have 2 boys

Serena sorry to hear the house was dirty. I can imagine how tiredful must be unpacking and tidy in the last semester. Hope you enjoyed the weather and the bank holiday weekend.

Monkey feet and Jhoney, hoped you had a bread weekend and enjoyed the sun and warm weather together with your little lovely bundles of joy.

AFM Lister can take up to 6 weeks to get the chromosomial test but this gives us time to pick a donor. Lister gave us 2 sites for banks with Europe and America. We are going to check other clinics with UK because some offer free IVF for woman if the man donates. My husband is strong and is really seeing the benefits in using a donor. I am fine with this as is our main real option to have a family but I must say I am a bit sad, but OK/ glad to move on.

Isabella! My chromosomes came back three weeks on the dot.

Your hubby is very strong and great he has come to terms with the idea! I can't wait for you to get going now!

Isabella like Kazza think we got all our results back within a few weeks and once the process starts it all happens quickly - can't wait for you to get going!!

Tinkerbell - how are you feeling today? Hope you've swung back round to positive but the whole 2ww is so tough.

Kazza can't believe you're 16 weeks soon that has flown by - I also guess you might be carrying 2 boys but can't wait to hear!!

Yes I'm 10 weeks today it does seem to be going quickly although have to say I'm looking forward to 2nd trimester when hopefully a bit less tired and no sickness feelings. It seems to have improved a bit -I'm fine in the morning but gradually feel more sick as day wares on :(

Wow Key & Kazza things really are moving along quickly for you both aren't they, can't wait to see the differences in your next scans.

Glad things seem to go well at Lister Izabela, hope those test results are back soon

AFM - I'm not feeling anything, not feeling any different to last IVF cycle so I was so stupid this evening at 5dp5dt and caved in and tested :cry: of course as expected BFN. I really praying it's just too early but not feeling hopeful and just feel like this is never meant to happen for us. Everything looked good embryo wise this cycle and it's still looking like it isn't our time

Thinkerbell keep positive because is too early to test as you had only one embryo placed back so takes longer to produce enough hgc. This should work for you you had such a good quality. Thinking of you :hugs:xx

Kazza and Kay thanks for letting me know that the test don't take that long as we have not search for donors yet. If the test come fine they would start to match me and few week of spray or pills and than stims. I would like to share not only because of the savings but I want to give something back similar with what I take. It is a great feeling.

Tinkerbell I tested this time at 5dp5dt and it was negative and I was effectively pregnant with twins so with 1 embryo it can definitely be too early. I decided not to test again until due date - do you think you will hold off or test again soon? Don't lose hope yet hun x

Izabela it is definitely lovely to be able to help another couple with egg sharing, it is an amazing gift

K xx

Hi ladies,

Tinkerbell I second keys advice! I've been talking to loads of girls in the past who had a negative at 5dpt which then turns positive!! Keep that chin up!

Isabella it is a lovely thing to do and just to add to that, I found out today that my recipient is now pregnant after her FET the joy I had was amazing from this news!! Ps I was matched within a few days literally! So you could be off and running soon!!!

Kazza so glad your lady got her bfp that's wonderful news. I still feel so disappointed that my lady was successfully but you just never know all the factors :(

I've ordered a Doppler off eBay today so am when it arrives I'll try and hear baby heart for first time :) at how many weeks do they think you can hear it?

K xx

Hi key, yes that's right you don't no what the circumstances are! You still did a great thing!!

I heard mine really faint at 8+3 but it was hard to find, then I heard it loads and easily from 9-10 weeks!! What one did you go for ?

I think the make is angel sounds - hopefully I can hear something, by the time it arrives I should be 11 weeks or over so it should work!!

Tinkerbell how are you feeling today?

K xx

Another BFN this morning at 8dp5dt so fair to say its over again :cry:
I don't know what's wrong with me and why this won't work, I just want a answer why and I don't think we'll ever get one

Tinkerbell - I'm so sorry, it's such bad news, even though it's not definite as it is still early. But it doesn't mean it will never work, this time the embryo may not have stuck but there's every chance the next one will. It's so frustrating and heartbreaking but I'm sure every one of us on this forum has felt like you do but if you persist you should get your baby, it's just a tough, tiring depressing thing to go through. It is most likely just the IVF odds as to why it didn't work but maybe it'd be worth having the tests Key had as they found the reason it hasn't worked for her - but as you saw with Kazza & me it didn't work first time but did eventually after a few more attempts. I personally felt my body was much more able to cope with embryo transfer after the frozen round so maybe you might feel similarly with your great quality frozen transfer?
I'm so sorry and I know everything that I've written wont make you feel better but at least you know you can talk to us & we know exactly how you feel.

Everyone else - sorry to have not been on here - chaos in the new house. I will try to write a proper message tomorrow - hope you are all well x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->