IVF/ICSI at Guys? Anyone else?

Tinkerbell really sorry you tested negative, if it does turn out that it is a bfn then pls don't lose hope. We all know it's incredibly hard but Serena took 3 attempts and Kazza & I took 4 so it can still happen honestly. If it hasn't worked perhaps you can think about immune & natural killer testing as I'm convinced it wouldn't have happened for me without that. And as Serena says you've got a great frozen embies and since fet is much gentler on the body maybe that will suit you better? The main thing however hard it seems is to not lose hope and feel free to vent as much as you need to on here - we all understand what you're going through.

Serena hope you are enjoying the house and not exhausting yourself too much when do you go on maternity leave??

Hope everyone else is ok
K xx

After a chat with DH last night am feeling a bit better today, we had a talk about what to do next and perhaps getting more tests done before doing the FET.
I emailed the Dr at Hammersmith for suggestions and she mentioned the NK cell testing and clotting tests and also embryo glue & an endo scratch so we may think about doing all of those before the FET, although we're very nervous about the FET with only having the 1 frozen and worried about it not surviving.
It's such an expensive time going through all this which doesn't help when added to the already huge emotional drain, we really need the FET to work or we can kiss goodbye to buying a house anytime soon and will have to use the savings for another fresh cycle.

So glad you're feeling a bit more positive. The financial stress on top of all of the other stresses is crappy. But it sounds like you & your OH have got a plan and you've got a great frozen embryo which is your potential baby so that's a brilliant thing. And tests available to try to see if there is anything else preventing you get your BFP. Not being able to buy a house right now will be frustrating but at least you have the option to put that on hold and try more IVF if needed. Really hope you're both ok & over the next few data things get a bit easier x

Tinkerbell glad you're feeling a bit more positive, as I said I'm a big advocate for NK testing - it's expensive at £600 but if they identify a problem the good news is the treatment is relatively simple and not costly. Also would you ever consider egg sharing - perhaps that would be another option and reduces costs massively if you needed to go down that route?

Take care xx

So we have an appointment next Thursday to meet with Dr Carby again to discuss next options further and organise the NK cell test. Key how long did it take for you to get the results? was it Lister who just suggested doing it due to your failed cycles?
Got to go for a blood test tomorrow to confirm the cycle has failed, feel fed up with that as just want to stop the medications now so I can move on.

Without a doubt I'd consider egg sharing but as I have Cystic fibrosis it's not an option as any child from my eggs would carry the gene.

Hi Ladies sorry for not replyong for a while. We decidrd to vis some friends in France in the last minute and I had some problems with my phone conexion.

Thinkerbell so sory you had a negative result is so hard you can not put it in words. Is good to go for blood test to rule out ectopic. I agree with the ladies is good to check NK and Factor V . Like it worked for Key and other girl once they got the right medication.
Maby your husband cand donate sperm for a free standard IVF if he is comfortable with it. I know Essex and Herts are doing this offer. Probably their are other clinics too.
The most important is your embys are good quality. X

Hope evrrybody is doing well. X

Kazza great news your lady is pregnant!!! Hope you felling good and you enjoy your pregnancy. X

Key your pregnancy seems to fly by. So glad for you. X

Serena I hope you are settling well in your new home and you are not too tired. X

Hope everybody enjoys the weather.x

AFM I took a break from think ring about treatment and is so great!!!

Hi ladies!! Big apology from me for not logging in for so long!!! Been doing alot of work on the house!! And planning the wedding!!

Tinkerbell sorry to here of your BFN, like you I was getting to the point where I thought things were never going to work for us! After two fresh and one frozen, we went to lister, put on a slightly different programme with different drugs and we were successful! 4th time lucky! But like key days NK cells testing I think it a great option! I also talk to a lady who got her bfp as soon as she had the nk test and treatment!! Although further cycles and testing is pricey, you still have lots of options to explore! Izabella a suggestion of donating sperm sounds fantastic!!! But I'm glad your feeling more positive and you have lots to try. Keep that chin up xx oh and frozen embies have over 80% survival rate! And serenas frozen embies is kicking around her right now!!

How was France Isabella?

Finding out the genders on Sunday can't wait!!!

Key has your Doppler arrived!

Serena how you feeling?

Tinkerbell - good luck for Thursday, hopefully the NK test will shed more light on your situation whatever the result. Hope you've got something nice & relaxing planned for the weekend x

Izabela - lovely to have a last minute getaway. Was France warmer than the UK? It's def good to get a break from IvF stuff now and then or you could drive yourself mad thinking about it. When is your appt at Lister?

Key - I'm good thanks - doing way too much on maternity leave, with NCT classes, NHS ones & new midwife appts. I had 7 things this week & I'm pooped. But half of that is probably cleaning our filthy new house! My iron levels have improved so I need half the pills I was on & had the whooping cough vaccine which I had forgotten about so the midwife squeezed me in. Honestly, all the midwives in Sidcup have been lovely. The Bromley ones have been too but the Sidcup ones seem to have more time & less of a queue! How has it been going for you - did you have your booking in appt? Have you decided to go with Lewisham or PRUH? And when is your next scan? X

Kazza - so excited about your gender scan - hope it's clear & they are in a good position - but at least you'll have more confirmation at the 20 wk scan too. There's a woman in my NCT class having twins, she's 28 wks with a tiny bump! How's that possible?! At my breastfeeding class today they talked about twins & says your body learns to make enough milk for 2 babies, and same for triplets! With 12 feeds a day & triplets you must be feeding non - stop! At least with 2 you can do them at the same time! How have you been feeling? Any kicks?

Monkeyfeet & jhoney - how's it going with your little ones? X

Hiya!!

Serena, I'm having my midwife appts at sidcup, glad you like them! Had my 16 week one there last week and feel much better about being there now! I think I was unlucky with that temporary one!! They basically said with twins, I have a high chance of premature labour, preeclampsia, anaemia, significant bleeding after the birth! The list goes on!!! Not been feeling any kicks just little twitchy feelings!

Glad to hear ill make enough milk for two the nody is an amazing thing!! Check my bump at 16 weeks! How can you not have a bump at 28 weeks!!!

Key how's you hun, how you been feeling?

Tinkerbell how are you?

Izabella when are you due bk to lister!

Xxxx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 10
Yey!!!!!

Amazing news, how perfect.

How was the scan? Did you get to see lots? X

We went to the same one key went to in eltham. Got loads of pics and a 4d scan and loads of movements and really looked at them in detail! Was lovely!!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 5
Love the scan pics - so funny seeing 2 at a time! You both must have been thrilled - time to start choosing names & buying clothes now!

What was the 4d scan like? I always think they look creepy but I'd love to see Rosie's face now!

We had another NCT class today - 3 hours long & really useful, we practiced positions for contractions/early labour & then massage & then quite a long talk about water births & delivering the placenta. I feel loads more prepared than I did last week so would def recommend booking on to them x

Kazza what a great news and the scans are lovely. Yes as Serena said you can start choosing the names and prepared for the babies. So exciting.
Key I am so curious to know what you are expecting and to see the pic in a couple of weeks.

Serena glad you are enjoying your new home and the classes.

Thinkerbel I hope you and your husband are feeling more positive after you talked with the consultant.

Kazza a boy & girl that's brilliant and I'm sure your both absolutely delighted. The scan looks great - really clear images :happydance:

Tinkerbell - good luck for Thurs hope you get some good info & advice from Dr then. I think my NK test result came back in about a week or so it didn't take long. There's 2 parts to your results - your nk levels and then the best way to treat it so they can work out best mix.

Izabela glad you've had some time off from thinking about ivf you need some respite during this whole process! I'm looking forward to you starting again and getting your bfp :)

Serena - sounds like your keeping yourself busy!! Glad you're getting on with midwives in Sidcup they sound lovely. When is your due date it can't be to long now? Hope you feel like you're making some headway on cleaning house you poor thing

Monkeyfeet/ jhoney - hope you & little ones are doing well and enjoying the better weather

Afm - had booking in appt on Friday with a lovely midwife at Beckenham and she went through all appts coming up and everything else. I had bloods back recently as I'm still on steroids and white blood count is a bit high, nothing to worry about unless I feel unwell apparently. Had a funny turn when travelling to work on Thurs where I nearly fainted wasn't fun at all - hope it was just a one off! I've got Nuchal scan on 17th and looking forward to seeing little one again. I think nausea is getting better and I'm hoping I regain some interest in food soon.
Kazza Doppler has arrived and found baby's heartbeat so now me & OH have heard it which is lovely :)

K xx

Oh Kazza what amazing news, a boy and a girl :cloud9: how perfect.

Oh no Key, sorry to hear about you nearly fainting :( hope it was just a one of and you're ok now

Serena that's fab news about the midwives, had the 16 week and was much better! Where do you find out about the not classes at sidcup? Hope things are settling down in don't he Newhouse! The 4d scan was really interesting but the pics are pretty scary! Best time is at 28 weeks but they throw it in with the genders an so didn't pay any extra for it! I have to say it was so nice to see them on the big screen wriggling around and not rushed! Really enjoyable experience!

Key, great news about the Doppler! I love hearing mine! Did you go for angel sounds? Will you have the early gender scan? Glad the sickness is easing off, when you come offsteroids will yourb,otd cells return to normal?

Isabella - glad you talking that much needed break. But must say I'm looking forward to you starting I think this cycle is yours, new clinic new plan! Can't wait!

Tinkerbell hope your ok Hun, keep us informed of what happens at your appt!

Monkeyfeet how's you and William doing?

We have bought some lovely things today but all tiny bAby not sure what sizes we should be buying, we've been told they will be small just so hard to gauge iit!

Love to all xxxx

Kazza - the NCT has a website & you can call them & they tell you about local clubs & courses. I can't remember exactly but our course was a couple of hundred pounds but so far it's been really useful & you get to meet 5 other couples in the same boat as you. The men are all going for a beer & curry this week & the girls are going to the pub to drink non-alcoholic beverages & talk about leaking breasts. Not quite as fun x
Your scan sounds great - it didn't even occur to me to get extra scans. Probably for the best or we'd be skint! I have another scan at PRUH tomorrow to check Rosie after that injection but I'm sure it'll be fine.

Izabela - have you heard any more from Lister? X

Key - so sorry to hear you've been faint - do you think it's the steroids or just regular pregnancy dizziness? Were you on the train? Are you 12 wks on the 17th? That trimester has flown by (you might not agree!). I am guessing you're having a girl x

Tinkerbell - how are you hon? X

Serena - i'm not sure what it was that made me almost faint - i'm just hoping it was a one off! I'll be 12+ 4 at Monday's scan.

I'm quite excited that i stop the gestone injections (the ones my OH has to do in the bum every other day) on Thurs which is when i'll be 12 weeks, and i also start weaning off the steroids, so in a couple of weeks time i'll be drug free:happydance: I'm going to keep on the pessaries until the scan on Monday then stop those too. Kazza / Serena did you have any issues coming of the ivf drugs at all?

Izabela - any news with you? have you had any of your test results back yet?

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->