IVF/ICSI at RVH??? Cycle buddy OCT/NOV xx

GemmaG

Reaction score
Hi girls

I'm currently on my BCP waiting to start ICSI at the RVH Belfast. I have my screening appointment tomorrow and hopefully starting in October :) was wondering if there are any other ladies on here that will be going through treatment around OCT/ NOV time?? Would be nice to have someone that I can share with x

Hi Gemma, looks like we got our golden ticket at the same time and will be on the same kinda schedule. i had my screening appointment on 17/9 and will be startin BCP on 26/9 when AF arrives:happydance:

from what i can tell that means i should start down regging in oct and EC/ET in november. i am also at the RFC belfast. have you been given your protocol and schedule yet?

Hi girls, just want to wish you the best of luck with your cycles :)

I'm on waiting list for RFC Belfast. Are you on NHS or self-funded treatment? And how long was waiting time. I rang today and was told that waiting time at the moment is 9mths for self-funded and 12 mnths for NHS funded. I have a private ICSI cycle with Origin during the summer but sadly that didn't work. I think we should get to the top of the NHS list at the Royal around May time so we are going to go for one more private cycle before that. Just working out where - Origin, RFC Belfast or GCRM (Glasgow) -- time is not on our side as I am 39 and have low ovarian reserve.
Who is your consultant at Royal? And do you know your protocols yet?
I'll be cheering you on. :thumbup::thumbup:

:dust::dust::dust:

I'm on waiting list for RFC Belfast. Are you on NHS or self-funded treatment? And how long was waiting time. I rang today and was told that waiting time at the moment is 9mths for self-funded and 12 mnths for NHS funded. I have a private ICSI cycle with Origin during the summer but sadly that didn't work. I think we should get to the top of the NHS list at the Royal around May time so we are going to go for one more private cycle before that. Just working out where - Origin, RFC Belfast or GCRM (Glasgow) -- time is not on our side as I am 39 and have low ovarian reserve.

hi threebirds, im so sorry to hear that your first try did not work :hugs: my husbadna nd I were put on the waiting list with RFC in Dec '11 both their NHS and self funded lists. we were offered the self funded option at the end of July but had to turn it down as we will need icsi and could not afford to fund it ourselves. we had been told in Dec that the NHS list had a wait of 10months which has turned out to be pretty accurate as we recieved the letter for NHS funded treatment on the 12th september.

i had my blood screening done on the 17th and will be starting BCP in the next few days when AF arrives then see the consultant for injection training and treatment schedule. we will be doing long protocol which apparently is standard for RFC.
sorry rambled on a bit there but hopefully it helps in some way :hugs:

Hi girls. Im in the same boat- got my letter last week and had my screening appointment this week. Due to collect my pill from GP within the next few days!! Hopefully be starting treatment over the next few months:) Its amazing how excited i got about getting some blood taken, even though i have had loads of tests before!! Any schedules yet?

doodle i was exactly the same and never thought i'd see the day where i would be excited about giving myself injections everyday lol

i was told to send the form back with the exact date i start the BCP (which will be tomorrow or friday) depending on when AF arrives, then they will send me an appointment to go in for injection training. from what i can tell that should put me on track for an EC date of around the second week of November. FXd:happydance:

Tcmc Thats all really helpful, thank you.

Hi Doodle, just wondering what your waiting time was. (Im trying to see if i should fit in another private round while waiting).

All the very best with your cycles ladies :hugs:

well ladies AF arrived yesterday so started BCP:thumbup: can't believe how excited i got :haha: its finally the start after 5 long years of hoping and praying Fx'd this is the 1 for all of us :hugs:

TCMC yay for af and BCP!;) I would say that this is the first month in about 3 and a half years that i will be glad to see the oul witch!!!:)Im due to start mine on Saturday all going well!! i Cant wait!! Have you got your schedule yet? You seem to be about a week ahead of me!:) You on any supplements? I was thinking of trying that maya massage as well. Partly to relax and partly to have my 2ww potentially filled with stuff to do!!!!:)

Hi threebirds- im on a private round so im not sure what the wait time is for the NHS goes at the minute- i heard it had gotten a good bit quicker though recently.

i haven't gotten my schedule yet waiting very impatiently on the appointment to go in for my schedule and injection training. :coffee: i honestly am really crap at waiting anyway so this is absolutely killing me!!:wacko:

Hi girls

So sorry haven't been on in a while lots going on!!! How exciting it's lovely to have someone to share this with! So surprised I recieved my schedule today 16 days after screening appointment :) can't believe it.. Appointment to pick up meds and to see nurse on the 19th then Start on the 20th October :happydance:

How are u all getting on xxx

Hi threebirds

I too was put on the NHS and private list Dec 11 and got my letter for private in June and letter for NHS at start of September! Just got my schedule today 16 days after screening appointment I'm so excited and anxious also :) when did you go on the list for NHS I think it's currently 9mths waiting and I have heard of other girls getting their offer after 6-7mnths hopefully you will get word soon :hugs: I'm currently under DR Williamson but was seen by DR Joy last appointment they are both lovely

I'm considering GCRM for any subsequent cycles if this fails or hopefully for future babies :) I really think with their satellite clinics in NI and the amazing reviews I have read about them I won't even consider anywhere else as I want to egg share either way after this cycle and I believe they have the best individual treatment plans in the UK x

Hi girls

So sorry haven't been on in a while lots going on!!! How exciting it's lovely to have someone to share this with! So surprised I recieved my schedule today 16 days after screening appointment :) can't believe it.. Appointment to pick up meds and to see nurse on the 19th then Start on the 20th October :happydance:

How are u all getting on xxx

YAY!! congrats on getting your schedule:happydance: how long have you been taking the BCP? i had my screening appointment on 17/9 and started BCP on 26/9 when AF arrived. still waiting very impatiently on my schedule and next appointment. all my dates appointment wise have been the same as yours so hopefully il get mine soon too :hugs:

Hey u :)

I really can't believe it!! I had ordered my BCP as soon as my letter came and my AF started the day before my screening appointment so nurse told me to start the pill straight away so only on the BCP 16days! I really wasn't expecting to hear anything for at least another 3 weeks minimum! Oh I really hope u get urs soon so we can compare notes :hugs: x

Hey u :)

I really can't believe it!! I had ordered my BCP as soon as my letter came and my AF started the day before my screening appointment so nurse told me to start the pill straight away so only on the BCP 16days! I really wasn't expecting to hear anything for at least another 3 weeks minimum! Oh I really hope u get urs soon so we can compare notes :hugs: x

ME TOO!! its hard to believe its finally here isnt it! :happydance: i have been stalking the post man every day :haha: my AF came the week after my screening appointment so i have only been on it 8 days but more impatient then ever just to have some solid dates set that i can see on paper. hopefully we will continue on the same schedule and both have our BFPs for christmas:hugs::hugs:

Oh I really really hope so!!!!!!! Aw wish they would hurry up....hope your schedule comes next week or the week after so we can do this together :hugs: x

May I join in? :hugs:

I am 23 years old, single with endometriosis.

I am doing long protocol IVF due to endo and using a sperm donor. I haven't had a period since July.. But RE didn't want to force one with provera.

So I am starting BCP 10/13/12

Lupron injections will start 11/13/12 then adding in Gonal-F

My egg retreival will be around 12/9/12 and a 5 day transfer :thumbup:

What does everyone else cycles look like meds/length wise?

Doctor would like to get 25-30 eggs :wacko: he isn't too concerned about OHSS.. But I am!!

Hi threebirds

I too was put on the NHS and private list Dec 11 and got my letter for private in June and letter for NHS at start of September! Just got my schedule today 16 days after screening appointment I'm so excited and anxious also :) when did you go on the list for NHS I think it's currently 9mths waiting and I have heard of other girls getting their offer after 6-7mnths hopefully you will get word soon :hugs: I'm currently under DR Williamson but was seen by DR Joy last appointment they are both lovely

I'm considering GCRM for any subsequent cycles if this fails or hopefully for future babies :) I really think with their satellite clinics in NI and the amazing reviews I have read about them I won't even consider anywhere else as I want to egg share either way after this cycle and I believe they have the best individual treatment plans in the UK x

Im so excited following you all
:dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust:

The RVH protocol is so different to the short protocol I had with Origin so I feel like a newbie :)

We were thinking of a private cycle at GCRM before Christmas while waiting for our RVH NHS treatment but then we got our letter for the RVH private list on Fri! This was much sooner than we expected! So hoping that means our NHS cycle will also come around sooner, in which case we should save our GCRM go for after the NHS cycle (we are just going to defer the RVH self-funder offer as I think we prefer the GCRM option & can only afford to pay for 1 more).
We went on waiting list for RVH NHS & self funded at the very end of May - so a little over 4 months later we got RVH self funded letter offer!! What do you all think - on this basis should we expect our NHS offer sooner than we had anticipated??

Oh and we're with Dr Agabje (who also does the belfast GCRM sattellite service along with some of the other Royal consultants).

Thanks ladies xxx

:dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust:

really fed up not knowing anything:cry: still waiting on my letter for my schedule and when to go in for injection training.

i just want some information and dates to look to, i'm very tempted to phone them tomorrow and ask if they have sent my next appointment out yet. im so afraid they're gonna forget about me or somethin:cry:

i phoned RFC today and asked if my next appointment had been sent out, (im not very good at waiting) lol but the girl was really lovely and told me my appointment letter was sent out this morning and my pre-treatment appointment and injection training is on 25th October :happydance::happydance: FINALLY!! a date to look to :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->