IVF/ICSI at RVH??? Cycle buddy OCT/NOV xx

well ladies i am now on day 3 of nasal sprays and boy am i feeling it making me sick and im so tired having weird dreams so not getting the greatest sleep, but il take what ever is thrown my way if it means getting a little baba of our own:hugs:

Gemma- how r u coping without ur iphone mine is like superglue to my hand lol glad to hear the sickness has passed for u

Hey ladies, can I join in?
We received our letter offering us NHS treatment at the Royal today! Such a surprise as we thought it would be ages yet and had a review appointment at Origin today after our first cycle of ICSI failed in September.
Does anyone know how long it takes from accepting the offer to actually getting started?
Keeping everything crossed for u ladies going thru treatment at the mo xoxo

Welcome Twinklemama :)

Shouldnt be too long now!! Once you phone to accept you will get your initial appointment then after that you inform them when you have your next period and start your pill. It took six weeks for me to start on nasal sprays after starting my pill but I was lucky I started my pill on the day of my first appointment as my period came that night!! Hopefully you wont have to wait too long :thumbup:

Tmcm how are you feeling now???? I have had crazy hot flushes at night a bit of nausea here and there but over all I dont think its been too bad.......I start my first injection tomorrow eeek its flown in cant believe my first scan is on Thursday :happydance:

How are all you other lovelies keeping???

Hi Gemma
Good luck with your first injection tomorrow :hugs:

Welcome Twinklemama, how long were you waiting for? (between going on list & getting offer letter)

All the best to every1 :dust::dust::dust:

Thanx Gemma, good luck with starting the injections!
Threebirds, it was pretty much 6 months to the day! We went on the list on 1st may, we were told the list was about 12months so decided to have a cycle with origin while we were waiting. Unfortunately that failed (went pretty poorly actually, only 5 eggs retrieved and only one embie from ICSI) so we're over the moon that the NHS offer has come thru so quickly. We have our screening appointment with RFC on 19th! Can't wait to find out dates etc! Xo

Ooh thanks twinklemama - we went on the list at the end of May, so yikes we could be hearing soon!! We also had an unsuccessful Origin cycle over the summer :-( All the best for your RVH cycle. Who is your consultant?

Threebirds u def should be hearing soon! Keeping my fingers crossed the postman delivers good news soon!!
We were with Prof McClure in RVH so saw him at origin to begin with but ended up seeing Dr Heasley for most of the cycle at origin as prof only works there on a friday. Both of them were lovely but me and hubby found Dr Heasley easier to talk to and ask questions etc so saw him for our follow up on Thursday. He's gonna write up a treatment summary and recommendations to take to the royal. He's also gonna give a print out of our blood results so hopefully it'll save a few needles at the screening appointment! I assume we'll see Prof McClure again when we go back to the royal but don't really mind. I've heard good reports about Peter mcFaul-he's delivering my best friends baby by C section sometime next week! I'm just hoping everyone is as nice at the royal as at origin, esp the nurses! Who are u with? xo

Hi girls

Well the first injection wasn't too bad the anticipation was the worst took me a good 20 mins to actually do it..... I felt today's injection more than yesterday and I am feeling twinges in my right ovary tonight. The only worrying thing is I started to bleed again on friday afternoon :shrug: already had a period type bleed when I came off my pill so not too sure about that maybe someone can shed some light on that???? Hopefully nothing is wrong will ring the RVH tomorrow!! xx

Hey Gemma! I have no idea about the bleeding, I went straight onto menopur to stimulate so didn't have to take bcp or d/r, but I'm sure it's probably normal-there's so much going on, I'm sure our bodies don't know what is happening! What did the hospital say? It's weird but I loved feeling all hose twinges in my ovaries cos u knew something was working! Fingers crossed u won't feel tonight's jab just as much. xo

hi ladies

Gemma- how are you today? did u get in touch with the royal about the bleeding, if so what did they say/ i hope everything ok and still on track:hugs:

Twinkle- welcome how are things with you?

Three- how are you? i have my Fx'd you get your letter through soon

AFM- i have been on nasal sprays for 10 days now, the sickness has passed thank goodness but have been experiencing a few hot flushes:blush: and am a real cry baby at the minute also i seem to be less tolerant than usual so DH has been feeling the brunt of it lol:haha:
also i have fallen behind in nearly everything, we just finished moving house and still a little unpacking to do which hasnt helped. i have an assignment due in on wednesday which should be finished or at least almost finished and i havent even started:cry: im seriously feeling the strain. i will get it done but i aalready know its not gonna be what it should and definately wont be top mark material:cry:
think i may have bitten off more than i can chew this year, i have a class tonight the first since i started sprays so will have to sneak off to the toilet to do my 7pm spray:haha:

Hi tcmc, hope ur not feeling too tearful this evening! I'm grand thanx, think I'm just feeling a bit overwhelmed today. Reality has hit home that we're starting this again quite soon, I had thought it would be ages away yet. I'm trying to keep positive but I'm nervous again as the drug regime will be different this time so not sure what to expect!
Good luck with ur assignment, can't believe ur going thru all of this AND trying to study aswell!
Night ladies! Xo

Tcmc I really hope your feeling better sweetie try not to let it all get on top off you :hugs:

Twinklemama I really admire u doing this again I really do I'm not sure i will do this again easier said than done but I hope you get you little miracle this time:hugs:

AFM - I spoke to the RFC today apparently the bleeding is normal and all should be okay they will check my lining on Thursday but seem to think it should be fine just my body adjusting! I'm feeling slightly crampy tonight in my ovaries but actually liking the feeling knowing that things are happening!! :thumbup: xx

good morning everyone:flower:

how is everyone doing?

Gemma- how u getting on with the injections? have u had ur scan yet or is that today?

Twinkle- how are you today? i think its only natural that u feel a little overwhelmed just keep thinking of the end goal, ur strong and u can do this:hugs:

Threebirds- hope u are keeping well :hugs:

AFM- the sprays are no longer making me feel sick:happydance: but i still haven't lost the paranoia that im not getting enough or that it will run out of my nose again:haha: its obviously doing something tho because i have been experiencing side effects. at the min i have a headache that i haven't been able to shift for the last cpl of days but nothing unbearable just more annoying than anything else and continuing to have hot flushes:blush:
I start my Gonal-f injections tomorro surprisingly i am not too worried about them then my tracking scan is on wednesday morning:happydance: i dont know whether to be nervous or excited :haha:

Hey girlies

Yes tcmc my scan was this morning consultant said everything looked perfect loads of follicles about 6-7 good size on the left and around 8-9 on the right with a few smaller ones most are nearly 15mm -18mm already!!! Progressing really fast so had to get bloods done to check my fsh levels incase im starting to hyper stimulate. So I get the results later on and it looks like il be brought in on Sunday for my last scan instead of Wednesday!! Fingers crossed it all works out okay :)

Tcmc I had the headache too it's a pain in the bum lol yay ur injections start tomorrow it will fly in from now on!!!

How is everything else going????

How is everyone else xx

Gemma- YAY!! congrats on so many lovely follies:happydance: i will keep my fingers crossed that the bloods come back ok and no signs of OHSS:hugs: did they tell u how many days transfer u will be having?
at my first appointment i was surprised when she said it would be a 2 day transfer:hugs:

Thanks chick I know I'm over the moon with how many are there already!!! No they haven't mentioned it to me just said they will see how the fertilised eggs progress and the embryologist will make the decision whether it will be 2/3 or 5 day transfer! Strange they said 2 day transfer when they don't even know anything yet!! X

i know thats what i was thinking but il just take each part as it comes and hope for the best, i think thats all any of us can really do:hugs:

Gemma, so glad everything is coming along nicely for u! That's brilliant that the follicles are a good size already. As for them thinking of OHSS, I had a mild case of it with my cycle and they just said to keep my fluids and protein levels up to help stop it getting worse, so drink lots of water and milk. Keeping everything crossed for u!

Tcmc, thanx hun, I'm trying to remain focused on what might happen at the end of all this! We got all the paperwork thru of what to bring to the screening appointment etc, feels very real now! Good luck with starting ur injections, once the first one is done, it's easy!

Threebirds, hope ur keeping well!

AFM, nothing much to report, just wishing time would pass more quickly so I get my hubby home from his work trip to Dubai! And so we can get to our appointment and find out dates and stuff soon!

Take care ladies! xoxo

Thanks twinklemama it won't be long before you get started :thumbup::happydance:

So just got my results and everything is good and all normal :happydance: no sign of ohss just responding well to the treatment so I'm staying on schedule hopefully get loads of eggies suitable for ICSI :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->