IVF/ICSI August

Hi girls, I just got back from my weekend away so haven't had a chance to read back. I will later. I'll get my beta results later today, but wanted to update with this morning's test! I'll post once I get the call. :wohoo:

Fab news :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Hi girls sorry I haven't updated on here been away for the bank hoilday weekend! Well we broke on friDay and tested early, BFP for us! Very shocked scaRed excited! Spoke to the clinic this morning and going for scan on 23rd september! Also got to contact my GP. Done 7 tests so far still can't believe it. Hpe everyone ok will catch up properly later as doing this on phone x x

:happydance::happydance::happydance:Fab news:thumbup::thumbup:

OMG just catching up on everybodys news over the last few days,things change so quickly on here.
So sorry to read that some of you have been having a bad time of it sending you hugs
On a happier note I have seen some BFP and posative scans,fab news ladys

As for me,well EC is tomorrow at 10.30pm arghhhh so nervous.

I had my final scan yesterday after having stimming for 11 days on menopour. The scan itself showed my left ovarie was being lazy but the right made up for it.
The previouse scan showed 40 follicles but only ten were above 10mm.....well those 10 follicles have grown,which is fab but a bit disappointed the others didnt catch up....but I know i should be greatful and I am.
I am just a bit concened I may loose some of the bigger follies that were about 24/26 mm before EC.They didnt mension it but surely it could happen right??????
I took my HCG shot last night at 10.30pm and my last brusalin at 5pm,so will enjoy a day off today from injections "very happy about that"
Will my follices continue to grow right up until egg collection or do they stop when HCG shot is given????
Oh he seemed to think that I would get about 8 eggs but that was just a guess,I wa wondering what percentage of follicles generally have eggs in them? Has any stats been published about this

I am staying in bed today and resting because I am begining to feel uncomfortable down below plus I am feeling run down and ended up with a cold sore,arghhhhh so nervous about tomorrow.
Oh how long after collection do they let you know how many eggs were in the follicles? I hope they tell me tomorrow

Hugs to all
Nat xxx

^^ OH could be there with me in the operating room for EC, then they told him how many eggs we had, so i knew right when i woke up (i had general anaesthesia, big fan of that lol)

then they also told me officially in a talk the nurse had with us (when i was properly awake haha)
along with explaining my medication scheme etc, fertilization rates, freezing-standards,...

Good luck with tomorrow Nat, you'll have gone in an hour and a half before me, will be thinking of you! I don't know the answer to your questions, am intrigued to know myself. I'm hoping for at least 3 eggs - this is my 'self-defence' mechanism. Deep down, I hope all 11 follicles produce good quality eggs! But 3 will be good. Hell, 1 will be good!

I can't believe I can't wear makeup, I have the spottiest chin at the moment!

Not sure whether to wear contact lenses either!

Ha ha, I'm more worried about this stuff then anything else! x

Good luck with EC Trix, Inky, and Nat! Will be thinking of you.

Kel, Helen, & Tiny, :dust: hoping for your bfp's in a few days time!

Isi Buttercup, :hi: hope you were able to get some tips from us. Good luck with your upcoming cycle!

Tans, Hopes: thinking of you.

Good luck with EC tomorrow Trix, Inky, and Nat :dust:

wasn't sure either, so i wore my glasses for the EC

but when i had my lap & dye i went in with my contacts, took them out for surgery,
wore my glasses the rest of the evening (you doze off on and off)
but the next day i was wearing my contacts again

yeah...i'm vein like that LOL, just for myself though bc i had a single room haha

Good luck with tomorrow Nat, you'll have gone in an hour and a half before me, will be thinking of you! I don't know the answer to your questions, am intrigued to know myself. I'm hoping for at least 3 eggs - this is my 'self-defence' mechanism. Deep down, I hope all 11 follicles produce good quality eggs! But 3 will be good. Hell, 1 will be good!

I can't believe I can't wear makeup, I have the spottiest chin at the moment!

Hey Hun

Be thinking of you too Hun, gonna take my phone in so will keep you update ,fingers crossed everything goes well for you. Arh are you nervous yet?
You being put to sleep by sedation?
My other half has said we would watch our nephews tomorrow afternoon....bit pissed off as sometimes I feel that he dosent understand how draining this all is for me,then when I do try to explain it comes across as me being self centred.so I am gonna need my bed come tomorrow night.

My skin has gone terrible too,they have told us no deodorant , make up or even washing in strong scented soap is a no go......gonna feel really minging.
I now feel that I am lucky to get this point but so scared to fall at the last hurdle.
Off out for tea tonight as I probably won't eat until tomorrow afternoon

Hope everyone is well
Thinking of you all and praying for all our happy endings to come true
Hugs
Nat c

Nat, I'm on conscious sedation, which the nurse says will probably put me to sleep. Am feeling quite weak and tired on the hCG injection. Lucky you, going out, I suggested that to hubby but he can't be bothered *le sigh* Men huh?

Best of luck for tomorrow Trixie and Nat - will be thinking of you.

H xx

goodmorning!

yess, keeping fingers crossed for you both!!!! com'oooon eggies!!!

i'm not really feeling it anymore, the HCG shot really messed with me,
woke up nauseous tonight and every time i get up in the morning i feel as if AF is
going to start, so i don't think it worked for me, better prepare for the worst

goodmorning!

woke up nauseous tonight and every time i get up in the morning i feel as if AF is

Aw thanks Hun

Come on posative mental thinking,you will be fine. I have read alot of posts similar to yours and they have got their bfp...
I have my fingers crossed honey
Hugs
Nat x

Argh sat in the waiting room very scared now,I can't believe that I am actually at this stage. Thinking of all the other ladies who are on this post and sending you lots of baby dust...
Right other half has just gone off to do his bit
I will update you all after
Hugs
Nat x

Good luck girls!

Tiny, don't give up. Preg symptoms are very similar to AF. Pma for you!

goodmorning!

Don't give up hun, try and stay positive, i know it is so hard, i was honestly convinced that af was on the way, i felt exactly the same and i cried and cried when we did the test, apologising to dh that it hadn't worked and then what d'ya know, that line appeared and it was a bfp! xxx

Well what can I say apart from that I feel gutted.
After all the follicles they only got 6 eggs from collection,so upset as they thought I would of got more given my age and follicle size.I have also been told 6 is classed as below average!
Then they told me a high percentage will fail to fertalise or develop.
Then my partner and family don't seem to relies why I am so upset.
The sedation was fine but feeling the pain, also have some blood loss. Had a argument with OH as I feel he has no consideration and quite frankly not a loving bone in his body today. So now all I wanna do is rest . Today really hasn't been everything I hoped for,silly me I should know by now not to have any expectations lol

Oh well hope everyone else is having a better day
I'll update you tomorrow after hospital call to let me know if they fertilised

Hugs
Nat x

So sorry you're not in a good place Nat. Why don't they think most won't fertilise? Cos of the sizes? I thought they couldn't tell at this stage? Sorry you had an argument with your OH, it's not fair he's being like this.

Well, we got 6 from 11 follicles (6 follices of which were of the optimum size so it was the maximum they hoped for!) and they were delighted (but remember, I'm classed as having a diminished ovarian reserve so that's really good for me). She said she perceives no problems occurring and we should have 2 healthy embryos to transfer Friday. I think they're really into positive thinking at Care as not sure how they can know until they check.

The precedure was fine, felt some pain but the guy with the drugs kept an eye on me and upped my dosage when I needed him too. I didn't sleep, just felt kinda stoned, reminded me of my uni days ;-) In no pain either but then I did only have 11 follies.

Hubby's swimmers were 'above average' which is great. So we're very pleased, as pleased as we can be considering my ovarian reserve.

Now sitting at home, being waited on hand and foot by hubby and my little jack russell! I have a bunch of magazines and newspapers to read, and some films to watch and I feel slightly sedated rather then my usua; hyper self so all good. :)

Nat and Trix well done on 6 each - I had 6 both times and ended up with 2 to transfer 3 days later.
Wish you loads of luck for your fertilisation report tomorrow :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->