IVF/ICSI August

Ha ha Tans, great minds and all that. How you feeling Tans, what's next?

Hi Tiny, good luck with the shell-breaking :) Ha ha, I'm making you sound like a hen.

I feel a bit shaky and very drained today, am on mega drugs (375 gonal-f now so gone down, and 75 Menapur plus down stimms). The nurse called and she said they 'almost definitely' think I'll be going in for collection Wedn and they're 'very pleased'.

*pwoooook pwoooook pwokpwokpwok*

ohmy Trixie, not long now!!!!!!!!! whoohoo!!!!

hehhee the OH is terribly protective of me and says i have to rest (i'm sick of resting!!!)
i can't even take a trip with him to his mother, just in the car, out for 5 minutes and back again,
you know, just to put my mind off things...

so i told him the lawn needs mowing today and asked if i could do that,...no of course lol.
he said he'd do it later and i said "no it needs to be done today...either you do it or i do it anyway!"
guess who's mowing the lawn and going grocery shopping in a bit? LOL

although i might join for the grocery shopping, i crave stuff, eventhough our fridge is
full of stuff...it's not the right kind of stuff...ya know.
i desperatly want to eat the paté but can't have that anymore, oh i'll miss that! mmmm

Tiny, Helen, Trix, and Nat, it sounds like you ladies are all doing really well. It's good to hear some positive words from you gals.

Tansey, how are you holding up?

I got my blood work in yesterday evening and it was not good. It shows that my numbers are going down and that I will be losing the pregnancy. I am totally devastated as this was IVF #3 and that's the end of the road for us. The doctor doesn't know for sure if it's the sperm (because of the cancer and radiation) or the eggs (because that's what really decides the quality of the embies). So we'll have to meet with him sometime in the next week or two, but he said that the next step would have to be donor. So the hopes that DH and I would have a biological child are out. Really just devastating.

omg hopes, what devastating news to get (((hugs))) so sorry to hear...really hope a miracle comes falling down from the sky somehow!

Tansey, there's nothing I can say except I'm so, so sorry that you're going through this.

Hopes, I'm so sorry. I just don't understand why this has to be so hard. I wish there was something I could say or do to make this even just a little easier for you. The only thing I can think of to say is that please give your OH a great big hug and try and get through this together. I'm sure you have a great relationship and some people never get to experience that, it's so precious and you should feel lucky although it might not feel like it at the moment. Also remember that a father is more than just a sperm donor, and what your OH can provide will be what your baby needs, who it was created by is irrelevant in a lot of respects.

Maybe give yourself some time out and then talk to other people who have been through the donor process. I really wish it hadn't turned out this way for you.

Thinking of you, much love
H xx

Hi everyone.

Just want to say Tansey/Hopes really don't know what to say, so so sorry.
Trixie, Nat, Helen, Tiny, mercyme really praying for you all.

Well, my update is as follows. Am nearly at end of stimms, which I have hated every minute of. Mainly because I cannot do up trousers. I have put on about a Ib a day, seriously, wish I could say had been from eating cream cakes but have been healthy.

My scans have been going okay. So far have about 5 matured follicles on right side and on left have 15 folicles but about 7 -8 matured. That was on friday, so we shall see Monday. The lining is thickening well. Don't remember what thickness. Have a predicted EC for wednesday. So far all I can think of is going under general anesthetic and am very nervous.

I don't know - what do we put ourselves through. Anyway, chin up everyone, what doesn't kill us makes us stronger - or something like thatxxxxxx:brat::

Had a bit of a scare today. Had really bad stomach pains on my left side coupled with vomiting. Wondered if was OHSS but been back to Fertility Unit and then hosp and it turns out its to do with the fact they couldn't get the follies from my left ovary. Never felt pain like it.

Doc says it shouldn't affect my chances of success but I can tell you it has made me think twice about going through this again if it doesn't work. Would not want to go through that again.

Good luck for EC Inky, hope everyone else is ok.

H xx

Had a bit of a scare today. Had really bad stomach pains on my left side coupled with vomiting. Wondered if was OHSS but been back to Fertility Unit and then hosp and it turns out its to do with the fact they couldn't get the follies from my left ovary. Never felt pain like it.e end

Doc says it shouldn't affect my chances of success but I can tell you it has made me think twice about going through this again if it doesn't work. Would not want to go through that again.

Good luck for EC Inky, hope everyone else is ok.

H xx

Hi Helen, sounds alsolutely awful. Must be uncomfortable - hopefully it is also a sign of something positive and you won't have to go through it all again. I must admit I am having a bad day - EC in few days, and feel so uncomfortable with bloating that I feel I could not bear to go through this again. Having said that many people on here have been through it a number of times and I guess you forget the pain, I suppose it will be worth it in the end.x

Thanks Inky. Sorry you're suffering so much.

Do you think it's worth an updated list of where we're all at? Tansey do you want to do it or would you prefer me to?

Just watching Pharrel Williams on TV, he's very tasty!

H xx

Update - but you will all have to confirm pls

Tansey :hugs:
hopesforababy :hugs:
loobylou_01 - testing 30th Aug
BizyBee - testing 30th Aug
helenttc - testing 7th Sep?
tinybutterfly - testing 8th Sep?
TrixieLox - stimming
Nat - stimming
Inky - EC 1st Sep?

:dust:

Hi Tiny, good luck with the shell-breaking :) Ha ha, I'm making you sound like a hen.

I feel a bit shaky and very drained today, am on mega drugs (375 gonal-f now so gone down, and 75 Menapur plus down stimms). The nurse called and she said they 'almost definitely' think I'll be going in for collection Wedn and they're 'very pleased'.

Hope your feeling better Hun.Glad all went well
Hugs
Nat

Tiny, Helen, Trix, and Nat, it sounds like you ladies are all doing really well. It's good to hear some positive words from you gals.

Tansey, how are you holding up?

I got my blood work in yesterday evening and it was not good. It shows that my numbers are going down and that I will be losing the pregnancy. I am totally devastated as this was IVF #3 and that's the end of the road for us. The doctor doesn't know for sure if it's the sperm (because of the cancer and radiation) or the eggs (because that's what really decides the quality of the embies). So we'll have to meet with him sometime in the next week or two, but he said that the next step would have to be donor. So the hopes that DH and I would have a biological child are out. Really just devastating.

Sorry to read this Hun, praying for you
Hugs
Nat x

Hi,

I'm due to test on the 7th. Just been having a look around though and it looks like it might have been good news for both Bizy and Looby!!! Come on girls update us!:happydance::happydance:

H xx

Hi girls. Just wanted to wish all those testing soon good luck and send loads of :hugs: to those it didn't work out for. Ours is in October/November, so kinda nervous.

And Helen, I agree.....Pharell Williams is very tasty indeed :winkwink:

Hi girls, I just got back from my weekend away so haven't had a chance to read back. I will later. I'll get my beta results later today, but wanted to update with this morning's test! I'll post once I get the call. :wohoo:

Attachments

• test 8-30.jpg
    test 8-30.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 1
Yay BizyBee, that's amazing news!

Had a final scan today and EC booked in for Wednesday 12pm, woop woop! Good news too: 4 more follicesl have turned up since scan on Friday so that's 11 overall, more then I've had before so really pleased, hope the eggsies they produce are good enough to fertilise!

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->