IVF/ICSI August

tinybutterfly I am on CD5 too and on the pill (but didn't start it until cd3 after my bloods)
I'm doing short protocol, how about you?
didn't know there was long and short protocol, so no idea. what's the difference?

basically i'm on the pill untill august 6, should bring on my periods by august 9,
then i have to call the fertility clinic (they reopen that day, summer holidays in a week) to arrange my day3 check-up.
if that is ok, i have to start gonal-f for 7 days, PU around august 21st i think

do you have similar data? you'll probably be a week or so ahead of me no?

google is my friend

i'm on short cycle, following a (my) natural cycle...
he didn't even want to give me meds to make AF come earlier so we could squeeze in
a try in july bc he said it's too much unnecessary stress on the body

We would have been on the same days but you have to take your pill for longer. I have Internet access in Turkey so I can pop on and see how everyone is doing!

Hi everyone,

Hope everyone is well. I have my injection training tomorrow, same day as Springflower and this time next week I will have officially started IVF! I'm kind of excited about it in a bizarre way, one step closer to getting my baby.

Trixie looks as if we'll be going through it at the same time as I'm due for my egg collection and ET w/c 23 Aug also. I've only told my boss, I was a bit worried about it as I'm quite senior in the organisation and lots going on but he's been okay with it (although its blatantly obvious he has no concept of what it all involves).

I really would recommend you at least tell your boss, they can't discriminate against you because of it. I work in HR if you need any advice.

H xx

Hey Ladies, I'm hoping I can join you all. I will be having my 3rd IVF/ICSI around mid-August. I took a pretty long break from BnB after my first failed attempt, but I do see a few familiar names out here. Dang! What are we still doing here?!?!

Just a quick update on me: We are doing ICSI due to male factor. DH had testicular cancer in Feb 2008 and has super low count. First cycle we had quite a few eggs, but the quality by day 5 wasn't very good. On the second cycle, we used frozen sperm that DH collected before radiation, thinking that poor sperm quality may have affected the quality of the embies in round one. Well, we didn't get many eggs and had poor quality again on a 3 day transfer. We are doing a protocol to be more in line with our first cycle since that resulted in more eggs and a little better quality than our second time. And since the lab took it's break this summer, I also took some time off. Any my cycle was all jacked up, so I'm actually on birth control pills now and will start down regging on 7/22.

But this whole process has really made me psycho. I have gotten so supersticious it's almost ridiculous. I wore a red shirt for transfer the first time, and I made sure I didn't wear red on transfer number two. Not that it made a difference, but it almost just consumes me. And, of course, it seems like everyone but me has been getting pregnant. SIL will be having her baby in just days, and they started TTC after we did. So people have started trying after us and having their babies before we can even get pregnant! Dammit! Can someone tell me how to deal with that?

Thank you ladies, and thanks for understanding what I'm feeling.

Oh hopesforababy what a hard time. I am so sorry. It does seems like the whole world is full of fertile people. I really hope this is third time lucky for you. :dust:

Millions of :hugs:

Hey hopesforababy, I hope it's your turn this time :hugs:

my mates all got preggo after we started trying and have had theirs and we're still not preggo. *sigh* no way of dealing with it apart from swallowing it and getting on with it I find. time heals I think. I've also got a puppy as we were planning to get one anyway at some point and he's been great at healing and helping distract :)

Hello everyone,
Hope I can join in. I've just got my schedule for IVF and will be starting Suprecur inj in August.

History too long (TTC 9 years) But, most recently, failed IUI attempt last September. Found severe endo and kissing ovaries during by scans but consultant went ahead anyway amongst other things. Changed GP in November 09. New GP brilliant and sorted out referral to new clinic. Had mini laparotomy for endo in New Year. Been on Zoladex for 3 months :wacko: and am now on pill (I think this how they're down reg'ing me) am really trying hard to be optimistic.

Neighbours next door have just brought home their new baby and although I'm really, really happy for them, I can hear the baby crying through the walls and, boy, does it tug on the heart strings.

Hoping this cycle brings us all closer to our dream.

Hello Ladies :flower:

Well I am now offically "trained" to do my Buserlin injections, needle looks very long so I'm nervous but 'm sure everything will be fine once I've done it a few times. Roll on tomorrow....:coffee:

Hey all and welcome to the newcomers! Myboo, must be tough having a newborn next door and hopes4ababy, check out the 'happiness and positivity during TTC' thread that I started which gives advice on how to remain positive when all around are falling preggo! Might help?

helenttc, we can be cycle buddies... IF I actually get IVF in August...

Am a bit peed off as we had a private consultation with Care who told us we actually qualify for NHS (which we knew but thought we'd have to wait a year, hence going private to start with). So things were put on hold for a month or 2 while dr checked it out. I made it clear I wanted IVF in August and he was cool with this. In the end, after hearing f-all, I chased and they were like 'oh yeah. If you want it on NHS, it'll be next year'. Okay, exactly as I thought so why-o-why they led us along the garden path and now delayed us... anyway, as a result of the delay, the nurse told me today that we might not be able to get EC and ER in August now! And this is all because the dr, admittedly through the kindness of his heart mind, went on a tangent, thinking we could get it on the NHS. If it is delayed into September, I'll throw a little strop.

But hey, positive thoughts, positive thoughts. Had second round of bloods today for FSH levels and HIV etc, then another ultrasound late this or early next week, and am hoping there's more follicles - only 7 last time. Nurse said I might get put on short protocol cos only 7 follicles - anyone else on short protocol and why?

Hello Ladies :flower:

Well I am now offically "trained" to do my Buserlin injections, needle looks very long so I'm nervous but 'm sure everything will be fine once I've done it a few times. Roll on tomorrow....:coffee:

Yay for injection training! :happydance:

Hi all the new ladies :wave:

Trix I'm on SP for my 2nd attempt to try for more eggs/better quality - I think? I'm also on a higher dose of stimms.

Done a week of the pill already!

I am still waiting for :witch: to get started. Ugh!

Welcome to the newcomers! :hugs:
Glad to see all of the excitement of needle training and upcoming protocols. Can't wait to move on!

Yeah on the training Springflower! The needles are a bit intimidating at first, but it gets much easier. Are you doing progesterone injections after retrieval or the suppositories? My dr. has me do the injections, and those are really not fun. The first cycle I injected it at room temp and I ended up have bruises and giant knots in my hip/butt. It hurt so bad it would wake me up if I tried to roll over at night and I had a hard time sitting. The second round we heated up the progesterone first before injecting it, and I had very few bruises and knots. However, injecting the warmer progesterone burned more. But, having a few seconds of pain beat the weeks of pain I felt in my rear. Just a heads up for any of you having to do progesterone injections!

Tansey, I'm on day 5 of the pill, so I guess I'm just a couple of days behind you. I am so ready to just get going with it already!!

Hope everyone is doing well!

Thanks hopesforababy - I am going to be injecting progesterone in oil. And I had heard it being warm was better. I was going to put a hot water bottle (bag thing) on my arse to warm it up too. What did you use to warm it up?

Thanks and :dust: to all!

I think I'm doing suppositories but that's good to know in case they give me injectable prog.

Hi Girls,

Is it ok for me to pop in here and wish you all the very best of luck with your cycles!!!! I know how horrible this journey can be so I wanted to send you all the positive vibes I can!!

I see a lot of familiar names here, and hopefully will be seeing them in 1st Tri soon enough :hugs: :hugs:

Hi NeyNey - you are one of the inspiring stories on here, of course you can pop in and cheer us on :flower:

hopesforababy - glad to have someone else cycling around my time. I hope this is 3rd time lucky for you. Everyone has said my 1st go was the practise and this 2nd go is the real thing! :dust:

i'm sooo running to my mom if i can't do the injections myself (she's a nurse), eventhough it's with a pen and should be easy, lol.

Girls I'm offically off the starting blocks! :happydance: Did my first injection this morning, it actually wasn't too bad.

NeyNey - I love your post, it's great to hear a postive story! Good luck with your pregnancy. :hugs:

hopesforababy - I have the suppositories to take later, am VERY nervous about them. Really not comfortable about that idea, but will deal with it when it arrives :winkwink:

Trixie - I would be fuming!! You spend so much time focussing on a date when they say you can start, to have it changed would drive me nuts!!! I hope you can still get started in August.:hugs:

Love to you all. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->