IVF/ICSI/FET 2011 everyone welcome

The water is helping. Not such a big headache today and the nausea isn't too bad either. I'm prone to migraines anyway so I wonder if that has something to do with it? My pharmacy didn't give me enough needles and syringes for my menopur so now I have to go to a local pharmacy and pay for them. grrrrr. I also have to do my follistim and menopur while at a meeting tonight. WTF!? Not my day. How will I sterilise a public bathroom?! note to self: take lots of lysol wipes and alcohol....

Adanma

I have extra supplies of all of that! I wish I'd known! Are you in town again soon?

I would probably take a piece of printer paper or similar in with me and use it as my surface... Its got to be cleaner than the bathroom. And, its not so hard if you mix the Menopur ahead of time. Just mix your Menopur and screw your syringe into the Q-Cap! Then, put the vial and your unopened needle into your Follistim pen case. When you need to do the injection, just disinfect your skin, pop the clean needle onto the syringe of Menopur, and do the injection. You never have to lay it down that way. And, the Follistim is easy to never lay down. :) I've done it in a car... let alone a bathroom!

Hey all, I'm officially joining you all today as did my first downreg jab this morning! Wasn't as scary as i'd feared at all! Area was just really itchy for an hr or so after!x

dream: I hate that itch! I'm afraid to scratch it in case I get germs into it somehow! lol!

megg: I will be in town monday, but I already went and got the stuff. It was 11.99 so no big deal. Good tip with the menopur thanks! This should be fun.

Adanma

I think that I am out. I had a beta yesterday and it was <1 because the lab does not calculate less than this. It was 6dp5t and while the result should have been at least a little higher. I called the RE today and she also thinks that it is concerning and is probably indicative of it not working She is going to retest in the am and have me continue progesterone tonight but it looks like it is a no go :cry: I am a postpartum nurse. I have no idea how I am going to go to work tonight. I have tried calling my boss to ask for a short leave of absence to grieve. Is it bad all my hope is gone? I have lost my pma days ago as I have been cramping for the last 5 days and have passed a fair amount of bright red tissue. Blah.

Guess July here I come!

Glad you are feeling better Adanma:hugs:

As for public toilets, I've done it few times, close the toilet lid and sit on it.
Put a toilet paper on top of the toilet paper holder, and do your thing:thumbup:

Don't drop anything:haha:

Ha! LOL I totally read that post wrong. NM.

I think that I am out. I had a beta yesterday and it was <1 because the lab does not calculate less than this. It was 6dp5t and while the result should have been at least a little higher. I called the RE today and she also thinks that it is concerning and is probably indicative of it not working She is going to retest in the am and have me continue progesterone tonight but it looks like it is a no go :cry: I am a postpartum nurse. I have no idea how I am going to go to work tonight. I have tried calling my boss to ask for a short leave of absence to grieve. Is it bad all my hope is gone? I have lost my pma days ago as I have been cramping for the last 5 days and have passed a fair amount of bright red tissue. Blah.

Guess July here I come!

I'm so sorry hun. I hope you get some time to grieve.

The water is helping. Not such a big headache today and the nausea isn't too bad either. I'm prone to migraines anyway so I wonder if that has something to do with it? My pharmacy didn't give me enough needles and syringes for my menopur so now I have to go to a local pharmacy and pay for them. grrrrr. I also have to do my follistim and menopur while at a meeting tonight. WTF!? Not my day. How will I sterilise a public bathroom?! note to self: take lots of lysol wipes and alcohol....

Adanma

I gave myself a Follistim shot and trigger shot in the public bathroom at school. I had a meeting that was going to run from 6pm to 9pm, and then a 1.5h drive home, so I had to take my stuff with me.

There was a little ledge at the bottom of the mirror over the sink, so I set up shop there. Follistim was easy because it was the pen. Just had to wipe the cartridge and put a needle in.

The trigger was more difficult because I had to mix it all, and some lady walked in while I was drawing my meds up. I think I really frightened her! Anyway, the ledge worked pretty well, or the edge of the sink. I didn't need to sterilize the surface because I kept the sterile parts of the needles hanging off the edge and was careful not to bump them with my body to make them fall.

It apparently worked since the trigger took and so did the IVF!

Sorry, Ttcne! :hugs: I gave up all hope after my 1st beta was <1... and it was correct. Nothing changed. At 11dpo, it could still change... but I'm not going to give you false hope by saying it probably will. It would usually be higher than that by now if it had taken. Nothing is impossible... but its not very plausible. Still, I'm hoping for you that you're one of the few that gets good news with the 2nd beta after a negative 1st beta. Please do continue your meds just in case.

Guess July here I come!

oh, hun! I'm so sad for you! :cry:Please take some time to just sit with your feelings on this. See if you can get off work for a bit somehow. I think it will be like torture to have to go in and take care of moms and new babies. so sorry you didn't have luck this time.
Keep your head up.
Process this cycle in your head first.
-it is good that you have next try to look forward too, but grieve for this one first, it'll put you in a better place later on.
I feel like crying for you right now. (my last failed cycle on my mind too.)
massive :hugs:
we are here if you want to get some feelings out, say what you need to say!

Adanma
I had to do a shot in the car once. Not so bad, just make sure you have your supplies, wash your hands and all that good stuff! You will be fine! :thumbup:Glad you got your supplies that you needed, they should have given you more than enough in the first place!:growlmad:

Hey all, I'm officially joining you all today as did my first downreg jab this morning! Wasn't as scary as i'd feared at all! Area was just really itchy for an hr or so after!x

Good job! you are no longer a poker virgin!:winkwink:

AFM, I think I will be getting AF tonight as I have all the symptoms (except the bleed so far) So anyway, I called the nurse and they want me to go ahead and come in the morning for u/s and blood. :thumbup:They will call in pm to give instructions. Hopefully I can start stims! :happydance:Looks like target date for retrieval will be pushed to at least the 17th ugh! :growlmad:screwing with my work arrangements but I guess I'll know more next week on that!

It doesn't itch every time for me though. Good luck:thumbup:
I think that I am out. I had a beta yesterday and it was <1 because the lab does not calculate less than this.
I'm so sorry:cry:
July will come really soon:hugs:
Ha! LOL I totally read that post wrong. NM.
Beau:haha:
AFM, I think I will be getting AF tonight as I have all the symptoms (except the bleed so far) So anyway, I called the nurse and they want me to go ahead and come in the morning for u/s and blood. :thumbup:They will call in pm to give instructions. Hopefully I can start stims! :happydance:Looks like target date for retrieval will be pushed to at least the 17th ugh! :growlmad:screwing with my work arrangements but I guess I'll know more next week on that!
Aww.. exciting!:happydance:

Sorry Guys, I need help... I am supposed to go to the Dr tomorrow to mix the HcG for the trigger shot for Sunday... I have liquid Hcg put no powders.. What are they referring to? The pharmacy said when I called that there isnt a powder that was prescribed.. I know I can get whatever overnited before Sundays shot, but I am a nervous wreck...

Guess July here I come!

oh, hun! I'm so sad for you! :cry:Please take some time to just sit with your feelings on this. See if you can get off work for a bit somehow. I think it will be like torture to have to go in and take care of moms and new babies. so sorry you didn't have luck this time.
Keep your head up.
Process this cycle in your head first.
-it is good that you have next try to look forward too, but grieve for this one first, it'll put you in a better place later on.
I feel like crying for you right now. (my last failed cycle on my mind too.)
massive :hugs:
we are here if you want to get some feelings out, say what you need to say!

Mother F'er! That is what I want to say right now! Ha. Now that felt better. I ended up talking to my boss and she told me to take as much time as I need. But she wants me to call the stupid corporate people and think that they will want a note. I hate the corporate people. When I was having a thyroid storm last year they made me call my doctor for them three times as they would not just take his note they wanted him to fill in a three page form! And let me tell you this man had the attention span of a three year old. It was absolute chaos. Do you think that the RE will write me a note? This just seems silly but whatever.

Thank you for feeling so much for me. It is really appreciated.

Now not so much about me how are the stims going??

Sorry, Ttcne! :hugs: I gave up all hope after my 1st beta was <1... and it was correct. Nothing changed. At 11dpo, it could still change... but I'm not going to give you false hope by saying it probably will. It would usually be higher than that by now if it had taken. Nothing is impossible... but its not very plausible. Still, I'm hoping for you that you're one of the few that gets good news with the 2nd beta after a negative 1st beta. Please do continue your meds just in case.

Thanks Megg. I appreciate you not giving me false hope. I already knew it was bad before talking to the office nurse. The first one that called me back tried to tell me not to worry. I should say she is not a nurse and should not be answering the nurses line btw (as a nurse I find it very offensive when MA try to say they are nurses). The second nurse who I originally left a message for kept calling it "very concerning" I knew that I was not over reacting. I am trying to stay positive but I know that it is important not to give myself false hope. I am sure that someone has posted this before but this is a great resource for Beta's by day :
https://betabase.info/showBasicChart.php?type=Single

Adanma

I am sad to admit that I have done a shot in my car at a gas station. I got quite a few looks but I figured it was better than a gas station.

I am prone to migraines too. The follistim just gave me a dull headache but when they added ganerelix, oh boy not that freaking med gave me a good ole migraine! Hope you start feeling better and don't have to do any more public shots.

Sorry Guys, I need help... I am supposed to go to the Dr tomorrow to mix the HcG for the trigger shot for Sunday... I have liquid Hcg put no powders.. What are they referring to? The pharmacy said when I called that there isnt a powder that was prescribed.. I know I can get whatever overnited before Sundays shot, but I am a nervous wreck...

Mine was 1 vial of powder and 1 vial of sterile water... You mix the water into the powder to make the liquid that you inject. There's a video of me mixing mine and having it injected... Maybe it'll help explain the powder thing? Its here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aF5MZ5i1Rp8

Mine was 1 vial of powder and 1 vial of sterile water... You mix the water into the powder to make the liquid that you inject. There's a video of me mixing mine and having it injected... Maybe it'll help explain the powder thing? Its here:

Oh wow! I had no idea meds could be do complex! I had 1 prefilled syringe with the same tiny (1.5cm long?) needle and it went in my belly like everything else! Meg, I thought you handled it incredibly well! Mamma Mia, I had liquid hcg too. Maybe the dr just forgot what was prescribed and automatically said to come in to mix. I was given these massive needles (similar to the first one in megs vid) and I spent weeks petrified about what they were for. Turns out the nurse had given them to me by mistake! So, easily done, I'm sure they'll sort it all out. Good luck! X

Adanma

I am sad to admit that I have done a shot in my car at a gas station. I got quite a few looks but I figured it was better than a gas station.

I am prone to migraines too. The follistim just gave me a dull headache but when they added ganerelix, oh boy not that freaking med gave me a good ole migraine! Hope you start feeling better and don't have to do any more public shots.

I can't believe how brave you all are doing shots on the go! I just refused to leave the house at 8am and 8pm everyday for weeks!! I did do my trigger in my sis' bathroom but it was prefilled so pretty easy. I also can't believe I was never given a single alcohol swab - I just washed hands and injected! It's so different in different countries. Good luck to all the girls DRing, stimming, and triggering x

Mother F'er! That is what I want to say right now! Ha. Now that felt better. I ended up talking to my boss and she told me to take as much time as I need. But she wants me to call the stupid corporate people and think that they will want a note. I hate the corporate people. When I was having a thyroid storm last year they made me call my doctor for them three times as they would not just take his note they wanted him to fill in a three page form! And let me tell you this man had the attention span of a three year old. It was absolute chaos. Do you think that the RE will write me a note? This just seems silly but whatever.

Thank you for feeling so much for me. It is really appreciated.

Now not so much about me how are the stims going??

I don't blame you - MFer indeed! I'm so sorry to hear it, hope your time off helps you process it and regroup x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->