IVF/ICSI/FET 2011 everyone welcome

Hey all, I'm officially joining you all today as did my first downreg jab this morning! Wasn't as scary as i'd feared at all! Area was just really itchy for an hr or so after!x

Yey! Glad it's all kicking off for you. I had itchy needle site too for 20-30 mins on DR, it went away for stim. Good luck!

AFM, I think I will be getting AF tonight as I have all the symptoms (except the bleed so far) So anyway, I called the nurse and they want me to go ahead and come in the morning for u/s and blood. :thumbup:They will call in pm to give instructions. Hopefully I can start stims! :happydance:Looks like target date for retrieval will be pushed to at least the 17th ugh! :growlmad:screwing with my work arrangements but I guess I'll know more next week on that!

Brilliant! Good luck too x

Hi everyone,

Ttcne I'm reading your posts and so sorry... just wanted to echo everyone else's comments and support. You know that all the girls on here can genuinely empathise with you so jump on here whenever you're not getting the right support 'in real life'!

I have told my employers what's going on (that was an interesting conversation), I took the decision a while ago that it would be far easier and less stressful than trying to conceal it, especially as I have to do some travel with my job and there will be a few weeks coming up when I need not to be on the road!

Having said that.. I just realised I'll be on a train home on Monday when I have to do my injection. Anyone who's travelled on a UK train will understand my horror at the idea of doing it in the train toilet.. I could wait until I get to the station in London, but they are no better either!

Does anyone know how important the timings are? If I waited until I was home I'd be about 2 hours later than I've been doing it so far. Is that bad?

:hugs:

X

Having said that.. I just realised I'll be on a train home on Monday when I have to do my injection. Anyone who's travelled on a UK train will understand my horror at the idea of doing it in the train toilet.. I could wait until I get to the station in London, but they are no better either!

Does anyone know how important the timings are? If I waited until I was home I'd be about 2 hours later than I've been doing it so far. Is that bad?

X

Hi! I totally hear you about the trains! Any chance first class loos are better? I was told if i forgot my meds I should take them as soon as I remember unless it was super close to when my next ones were due, then I should skip. So my guess would be a couple of hours late as a one-off would be ok, but it is a guess. I'm not 100% on it, probably best to call your dr.

How did they take your telling them? I couldn't bring myself too, wasn't sure how they'd react...

Sorry Guys, I need help... I am supposed to go to the Dr tomorrow to mix the HcG for the trigger shot for Sunday... I have liquid Hcg put no powders.. What are they referring to? The pharmacy said when I called that there isnt a powder that was prescribed.. I know I can get whatever overnited before Sundays shot, but I am a nervous wreck...
The Ovidrel was pre mixed, Pregnyl wasn't, but the booster Pregnyl I got after ET were ready mixed and divided into 3 syringes (for 3 different days), so it can come either way:thumbup:
Anyone who's travelled on a UK train will understand my horror at the idea of doing it in the train toilet.. I could wait until I get to the station in London, but they are no better either!
If you are doing it on the train, wait until it stops at a station, as it jumps around quite a bit:nope: If you could find a disabled wc, that'll be roomier:hugs:
An hour is fine, but if 2? Hmmm. Then I'd do the buserelin (or equivalent) shot at the right time at least.

ttcne: so sorry. as if the whole beta thing wasn't stressful enough now you have to bend over to please corporate? ridiculous.

AFM: My shots went well last night. I premixed megg like you suggested so I just had the syringe with me. I even put the needle on just left it capped and put it into my follistim bag. There was a tiny ledge under the mirror where I put the bag as I took each thing out so it worked alright! It burned like hell though and my pants were riding up to the site after I sat back down at the meeting. It was a good meeting though and I'm glad I went. I was able to help a desperate grandma with some techniques to make homework time with her autistic grandson a bit easier!

Adanma

ttcne: so sorry. as if the whole beta thing wasn't stressful enough now you have to bend over to please corporate? ridiculous.

AFM: My shots went well last night. I premixed megg like you suggested so I just had the syringe with me. I even put the needle on just left it capped and put it into my follistim bag. There was a tiny ledge under the mirror where I put the bag as I took each thing out so it worked alright! It burned like hell though and my pants were riding up to the site after I sat back down at the meeting. It was a good meeting though and I'm glad I went. I was able to help a desperate grandma with some techniques to make homework time with her autistic grandson a bit easier!

Adanma

I'm so glad injecting away from home was successful for you! Megg gives great advice, doesn't she?! :thumbup: Also, it sounds like you successfully helped someone else. That alone is a success! Well done!! :flower:

Sorry Guys, I need help... I am supposed to go to the Dr tomorrow to mix the HcG for the trigger shot for Sunday... I have liquid Hcg put no powders.. What are they referring to? The pharmacy said when I called that there isnt a powder that was prescribed.. I know I can get whatever overnited before Sundays shot, but I am a nervous wreck...

Mine was 1 vial of powder and 1 vial of sterile water... You mix the water into the powder to make the liquid that you inject. There's a video of me mixing mine and having it injected... Maybe it'll help explain the powder thing? Its here:

Oh wow! I had no idea meds could be do complex! I had 1 prefilled syringe with the same tiny (1.5cm long?) needle and it went in my belly like everything else! Meg, I thought you handled it incredibly well! Mamma Mia, I had liquid hcg too. Maybe the dr just forgot what was prescribed and automatically said to come in to mix. I was given these massive needles (similar to the first one in megs vid) and I spent weeks petrified about what they were for. Turns out the nurse had given them to me by mistake! So, easily done, I'm sure they'll sort it all out. Good luck! X

If you did yours in the belly, then yours was a subcutaneous HCG injection. Mine was intramuscular. I'm guessing that's the difference and why yours isn't powder.

The water is helping. Not such a big headache today and the nausea isn't too bad either. I'm prone to migraines anyway so I wonder if that has something to do with it? My pharmacy didn't give me enough needles and syringes for my menopur so now I have to go to a local pharmacy and pay for them. grrrrr. I also have to do my follistim and menopur while at a meeting tonight. WTF!? Not my day. How will I sterilise a public bathroom?! note to self: take lots of lysol wipes and alcohol....

Adanma

I am sad to admit that I have done a shot in my car at a gas station. I got quite a few looks but I figured it was better than a gas station.

I am prone to migraines too. The follistim just gave me a dull headache but when they added ganerelix, oh boy not that freaking med gave me a good ole migraine! Hope you start feeling better and don't have to do any more public shots.

I can't believe how brave you all are doing shots on the go! I just refused to leave the house at 8am and 8pm everyday for weeks!! I did do my trigger in my sis' bathroom but it was prefilled so pretty easy. I also can't believe I was never given a single alcohol swab - I just washed hands and injected! It's so different in different countries. Good luck to all the girls DRing, stimming, and triggering x

I travel for an entire weekend every month. So, I don't have that option. I have to suck it up and figure out how to do shots on the go. I did one set in a truck full of people in the parking lot of a restaurant once! :rofl: You get used to odd things!

Hi everyone,

Ttcne I'm reading your posts and so sorry... just wanted to echo everyone else's comments and support. You know that all the girls on here can genuinely empathise with you so jump on here whenever you're not getting the right support 'in real life'!

I have told my employers what's going on (that was an interesting conversation), I took the decision a while ago that it would be far easier and less stressful than trying to conceal it, especially as I have to do some travel with my job and there will be a few weeks coming up when I need not to be on the road!

X

My clinic said to do my stims between 7-9pm each night. So, I can't see why 2 hours later would be an issue. 2 hours is 2 hours.

Adanma

Glad it worked out well... and glad it was a good meeting! :)

Ttcne I am so sorry. This is such a hard thing to go through.

I must admit I am struggling a bit. 9 days until test day. No real change in me. Few cramps after day one but they have calmed down now. Yesterday I stood up quickly and got a really tight pain which then disappeared felt like muscle pain but in my uterus.

Have a terrible cold thanks to dear hubby and worry every time I sneeze

Am actualy looking forward to going back to work. Give me something else to think about I guess.

I commute to London everyday and agree I would avoid the train toilets! Can you do at work and get a later train?

X x x

Thanks everyone for comments.. I might phone clinic and just find out about timings, or just take a deep breath and face the loo! Maybe I can just sneak in to first class and do it in there, it's usually empty anyway... just don't want to get arrested!

Poppet: they couldn't have been more supportive actually, but you simply cannot predict that will be the case and I know I'm lucky. I thought about it a lot before taking the decision to front up about it.

I wanted to be so professional but I ended up crying as soon as I started saying it - so embarrassing with my middle-aged male boss! He was so nice it just made me cry more.

I figured that if you tell them, they are much more likely to be sympathetic than horrible, and it then makes all the time off etc. so much easier to deal with. Not ideal that you're announcing your intention to be pregnant before you actually are pregnant.. and I would much rather my employer didn't know this intimate detail about me, but this whole situation is not ideal in the first place and just tried to find the best ways to deal with things for me personally!

Anyway I'll stop waffling on.. hope everyone is okay - thank f it's Friday :kiss:

Adanma, well done with the shot on the go! Do what you gotta do ya know!:thumbup:

MrsJPC, hang in there! Try and keep busy. Low stress as possible!:flower:

Littlemouse, glad telling your boss worked out for you! Sometimes just being honest and telling someone the truth is just easier. People can surprise you sometimes!:winkwink:

Ttcne, I hope you are doing okay and got at least a few days off. It’s “Nurse’s Day” over here today, so Happy Nurse’s day to you.:kiss:

AFM, I just got back from the FS. Can you believe that the nurse tried to tell me that I had cysts again!:growlmad: I said “you know, they said that last time and it was just my hydro tube that looks like sausages!” She said, “they will probably have you back on Monday to check you again to see if they are still there. You look like you are stimming.”
A quick history: before my last cycle they told me I had cysts on my ovary and put me on 2 weeks of BC. I came back after the 2 weeks and cysts were still there. They wanted to do surgery later that week! So the doc that was going to do the surgery asked me to come in day before so he could meet me and check himself. He looks and says “you don’t have cysts! I just saved you a surgery!” :dohh:I switched to this other doc for this cycle!
So back to today: I leave and call his office. I told them the front desk at the office I was at said he would be in soon, would they like me to wait so he could check himself. He did. And don’t you know, he said my little ovary is perfect! :happydance:Just the big tube showing up! I knew it! :dohh:Sometimes you just gotta push a little.
So I’m ready to start stims tonight! :thumbup:Just waiting on the nurse to call me with med info, they have to confirm my bloodwork was okay so I can start. FX’d!!!:dust:

Got the okay from the nurse. I just did my first shot! 2 per day until wednesday and then another scan!:happydance:

Hi everyone,

X

Thank you for your kind words. I have had multiple coworkers reach out to me in the last couple of days and it has been helpful. I think that I have come to the decision though that it is a very bad environment to be in at the moment. Seriously, I am not just around pregnant people, I have to care for them as well. That is truly a sick thing to be doing to myself. I most certainly am thinking that I am not going to get pregnant while working there. It is so nice to have people to share a cry and a laugh with. Thank you all!

My husbands a Brit so yes I can understand why you would not want to give yourself a shot on the train! Yuck. I would say that would be better than some of the toilets (I am thinking particularly of a toilet at Waterloo when I am typing this). I actually did a ganirelex shot in a McDonalds bathroom as the clinic told me to do it as soon as I got home and I decided to just sod it and do it there so I didn't wait to long. Not my proudest moment, but there I said it- I shot up in a McDonalds once!

I would say that timing is very important so no matter what I personally would suck it up and just go into the bathroom. Saying that I would get myself some alcohol wipes and maybe some large clorox wipes (bleach-y wipe thingy's) Good luck to you!

Oh and I got the call this afternoon. My RE's partner is who called me. He did not even know that I had done one (a beta) a couple of days ago. I kinda went a little ape S%^t on him. But seriously I spoke to two nurses yesterday and he should have been fully aware as another of the partners advised me to continue my meds and do the test today. I asked the nurse to also have my progesterone drawn as that has been a concern of mine. It was 19 but I did get him to admit that they like it a little higher actually.

All I know is I never felt right after the transfer. Not sure what our plan is, but taking a leave from work is looking like a necessity. I am not sure if I am ready to do this all again. We have always wanted to adopt but thought it was nicer to test out parenting on someone who was born to us! I think we might explore that and revisit this conceiving thing later. I just don't know that I have the mental fortitude for it like the rest of you all! God bless you all 'cause you are far stronger than I am.

Oh and I got the call this afternoon. My RE's partner is who called me. He did not even know that I had done one (a beta) a couple of days ago. I kinda went a little ape S%^t on him. But seriously I spoke to two nurses yesterday and he should have been fully aware as another of the partners advised me to continue my meds and do the test today. I asked the nurse to also have my progesterone drawn as that has been a concern of mine. It was 19 but I did get him to admit that they like it a little higher actually.

All I know is I never felt right after the transfer. Not sure what our plan is, but taking a leave from work is looking like a necessity. I am not sure if I am ready to do this all again. We have always wanted to adopt but thought it was nicer to test out parenting on someone who was born to us! I think we might explore that and revisit this conceiving thing later. I just don't know that I have the mental fortitude for it like the rest of you all! God bless you all 'cause you are far stronger than I am.

Oh hun! Just give it more time. It took me at least a month to get to a better place and be ready to go again. Wait and see how you feel later. I would definately take a leave for a while to get your head straight. Do that in the least. Maybe a short vacation to relax would be good too.:thumbup:
If you do decide to give it another go later, they should have a better plan next time and have learned some things that will help. Did they give you any reason at all that they think it did not work? Mine wasn't able to explain it.:nope: But this time they are putting me on a protocol that includes blood thinners to help them stick so hopefully that will help.
If you need more support, hop on over to the "failed" thread, they are great over there. That's where I started on here btw. :hugs:

psp, glad your cyst was not a cyst:thumbup: You've found a great doctor:happydance:

ttcne, my DH does not want to adopt, so this is the only way:blush:
Will have to prod on until I get too old, say 45?
DH doesn't like IVF and what it involves (injecting poison etc), but I'm fine with it.

I seem to have a mild OHSS though, am bloated and am about to burst:nope:
It seems to coincide with the hcg booster shots. I end up getting sick & diawoowoo and extra bloated with corresponding weight gain. A lot less pee than what I'm drinking:cry: It does fade with time, and yesterdays was the last shot so fingers crossed it'll fade:flower:

psp, glad your cyst was not a cyst:thumbup: You've found a great doctor:happydance:

ttcne, my DH does not want to adopt, so this is the only way:blush:
Will have to prod on until I get too old, say 45?
DH doesn't like IVF and what it involves (injecting poison etc), but I'm fine with it.

I seem to have a mild OHSS though, am bloated and am about to burst:nope:
It seems to coincide with the hcg booster shots. I end up getting sick & diawoowoo and extra bloated with corresponding weight gain. A lot less pee than what I'm drinking:cry: It does fade with time, and yesterdays was the last shot so fingers crossed it'll fade:flower:

Thanks! Mine doesn't want to adopt either so here we go! He doesn't mind the IVF, (so long as I'm the one doing all the hard stuff!:winkwink:)
I hope your OHSS goes down and you start feeling less bloated!!:hugs:

Didn't someone mention stress is good for IVF?
Well I got it.

My parents are in hospital right now:nope:
Mum got dizzy in the middle of the night, so dad tried to move her somewhere, slipped and dad can't feel a thing below his neck.

Kind of reminds me there are more important things in life then IVF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->