IVF/ICSI/FET 2011 everyone welcome

Quaver, so sorry about your parents! I hope they have a quick recovery! Too bad it was something like this to take your mind off of IVF.:hugs:

Quaver I hope your parents are ok!

Girls I'm on day 4 of downregging. Is it normal to feel so tired?my get up and go has got up and gone!! Also have a constant headache x

Girls I'm on day 4 of downregging. Is it normal to feel so tired?my get up and go has got up and gone!! Also have a constant headache x

The headache's something else isn't it?! I'm drinking lots of fluids, which just seems to be increasing my number of trips to the restroom & doing nothing for the headache. I'm going in for BW today & I'm going to ask if there's something I can do about it. I can't spend 10 days with headache like this...especially being a teacher. Ugh. I hope you feel better & if I hear of any tricks, I'll be sure to share!! :flower:

I can't spend 10 days with headache like this...especially being a teacher. Ugh. I hope you feel better & if I hear of any tricks, I'll be sure to share!! :flower:
Can't you take paracetamol?:hugs:

I can't spend 10 days with headache like this...especially being a teacher. Ugh. I hope you feel better & if I hear of any tricks, I'll be sure to share!! :flower:
Can't you take paracetamol?:hugs:

I'm pretty sure I can, but I want to ask just to make sure. It seems like there are so many things you aren't 'supposed' to do, so I just want to make sure! :wacko:

I hope your parents are doing well. I've been thinking about you. :flower:

Thanks girls! Amorebebe I was told paracetamol is fine! I'm trying to drink lots and it has certainly helped headache, just wish tiredness would ease! Am hoping sone exercise tomorrow will help liven me up!! I'm a teacher too Hun, so it's tricky making toilet trips!! X

Hi Dreamofabean,

I have been banging on about this for a long time as i'm currently on my second icsi (had collection last friday, awaiting transfer on wed) just seriously drink water like it's going out of fashion. I think i've been doing around 4 litres a day.

On my first cycle I had dizzyness, headaches (one killer that lasted a couple of days) and anxiety until I started on the water properly. This cycle I haven't had any symptoms at all.

Good luck, keep hydrated!

Liz x

Didn't someone mention stress is good for IVF?
Well I got it.

My parents are in hospital right now:nope:
Mum got dizzy in the middle of the night, so dad tried to move her somewhere, slipped and dad can't feel a thing below his neck.

Kind of reminds me there are more important things in life then IVF.

Oh no, Quaver! Thinking of you and your family! I hope they're okay!

The tiredness was very normal for me during DR!

Hi Dreamofabean,

I have been banging on about this for a long time as i'm currently on my second icsi (had collection last friday, awaiting transfer on wed) just seriously drink water like it's going out of fashion. I think i've been doing around 4 litres a day.

On my first cycle I had dizzyness, headaches (one killer that lasted a couple of days) and anxiety until I started on the water properly. This cycle I haven't had any symptoms at all.

Good luck, keep hydrated!

Liz x

I can only assume that's why I never got the headaches or anything... I drink that much water on a regular basis.. not just during my cycle! LOL

Dreamofabean I'm on day 5 of DR and yesterday and today felt absolutely exhausted. I'm hearing the water advice and doing my best to drink gallons!

But just wanted to let you know I'm feeling the same and we're around the same stage so maybe it's quite common..

Meanwhile, I am really really wishing for AF to come so that I can start stimming. How completely bizarre is that after 2 years of crushing disappointment at her appearance every month?! I am sure that will resonate with many ladies here :)

X

Thanks littlemouse! I'm trying to drink more and I think it's helped this afternoon, headache has reduced a lot!! Xxx

Oh and I got the call this afternoon. My RE's partner is who called me. He did not even know that I had done one (a beta) a couple of days ago. I kinda went a little ape S%^t on him. But seriously I spoke to two nurses yesterday and he should have been fully aware as another of the partners advised me to continue my meds and do the test today. I asked the nurse to also have my progesterone drawn as that has been a concern of mine. It was 19 but I did get him to admit that they like it a little higher actually.

All I know is I never felt right after the transfer. Not sure what our plan is, but taking a leave from work is looking like a necessity. I am not sure if I am ready to do this all again. We have always wanted to adopt but thought it was nicer to test out parenting on someone who was born to us! I think we might explore that and revisit this conceiving thing later. I just don't know that I have the mental fortitude for it like the rest of you all! God bless you all 'cause you are far stronger than I am.

Oh hun! Just give it more time. It took me at least a month to get to a better place and be ready to go again. Wait and see how you feel later. I would definately take a leave for a while to get your head straight. Do that in the least. Maybe a short vacation to relax would be good too.:thumbup:
If you do decide to give it another go later, they should have a better plan next time and have learned some things that will help. Did they give you any reason at all that they think it did not work? Mine wasn't able to explain it.:nope: But this time they are putting me on a protocol that includes blood thinners to help them stick so hopefully that will help.
If you need more support, hop on over to the "failed" thread, they are great over there. That's where I started on here btw. :hugs:

I do need to hop on over to the failed thread. Whoops! Didn't even think of that. I will find out about leave this week and I have been looking for another job. I had an interview on Friday for a very supplemental postion. I have a couple of nice tag-along vacation offers with friends and family I just need to convince DH that it is all good to spend money while i'm not working and trying to pay for IVF. I will call tomorrow and make an appt to discuss the cycle as my MD was not in the office on Friday. I am also making an appt for a 2nd opinion. I have my ideas why this failed and they are as follows (I know it all btw): 1) elevated TSH. I was assured that it would be ok but everything I have read says that it is not. I think that they try to keep everyone possible in once they have started a cycle. 2) I have a history of autoimmune disease (graves) and an extensive family hx of this. I want to get a full immunology workup before I try again. 3) I had a very difficult tx that was prob. traumatic to my endometrium too but my cervix is stenotic (don't know why) so blood that got in the catheter can do this.

All of this being said it could have just been that whole 50/50 thing. I will move on down the road to the loss girls.

How's the stimming? When is your next US?

Didn't someone mention stress is good for IVF?
Well I got it.

My parents are in hospital right now:nope:
Mum got dizzy in the middle of the night, so dad tried to move her somewhere, slipped and dad can't feel a thing below his neck.

Kind of reminds me there are more important things in life then IVF.

I hope your parents are feeling better!

Hi Quaver-I hope your parents are feeling better too! Things like that do make you realise that there is more to life than IVF. Its hard not to get obsessed by it all.

Hi Quaver-I hope your parents are feeling better too! Things like that do make you realise that there is more to life than IVF. Its hard not to get obsessed by it all.
You are right. But they don't have any grand kids yet:blush:

You are right. But they don't have any grand kids yet:blush:

I am sure they are not thinking about that though and they will have soon-keep the faith!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->