IVF/ICSI/FET 2011 everyone welcome

Hi girls, Kaylakin fabulous news hunni. Many many congrats :happydance:

Megg glad ur staying here, i too am not sure where I belong either. There should be one for limbo land!!

Dream how are you getting on now sweetie xx

Good luck to the rest of you who are embarking on your journeys.

Abbyniko so sorry you got a BFN. sending hugs :hugs: x

We've got consultant follow up thursday next week and not sure what we'll decide to do. We paid a total of £5,500 with ICSI and freezing our snowbaby and the thought of doing that again and having nothing at the end of it is a worry. Obviously if it works then it's definitely worth the money, and we cant leave our snow baby in the freezer, so will def have to do a FET at some time. Just not sure whether to do another ivf first which might give us more snowbabies for a FET if ivf #2 doesn't work. So many decisions. Am going for a scan on friday as i've got pain in my left ovary. I'm worried I might have a cyst and want to get it checked soon. Well lovelies speak soon and take care xx

Congrats on the HB, dave! :cloud9:

I'm sure you'll make the right decision, donna!!! :hugs:

Hi there all! This is my first post on any forum....after reading litterally dozens, I finally read this thread and felt like it was time to share and receive support. All of your stories, good and bad, have really helped me get through today. I just ended my first IVF cycle with unexpected ICSI, with a BFN :(
After getting the bad news from the nurse, I spent the whole rest of the day crying, in bed. It's now 5am, i awoke in the middle of the night, and can't get back to sleep, too many thoughts running around in my head.

I'm 31, no diagnosed fertility problems. My husband is 34, great semen analysis, but we only fertilized 1 egg without ICSI, and 7 with. (does that mean male factor after all?) We transfered 2 embies on day 5, and we have 4 frosties. I really felt so posative and good about this first cycle, and I am shocked that it didn't work. Was I being naive to think it would work right away? We have a consulation with our doctor Monday, I wish it were sooner. Any advice for enduring the wait to try again? I thought the 2ww was bad, but waiting for round 2 feels like forever!

Best wishes and luck to all!

The fact that fertilization wasn't occurring well without ICSI doesn't necessarily point to what caused it. It could be a sperm issue. It could be an egg issue. It could be none of the above. You never know what's going to happen when their left to their own devices!

I don't think it was naive to expect it to work. My first cycle worked (though ended at 10w) and we then expected subsequent cycles to work. But, we've had 2 failed ones since then. Its hard for me to comprehend how it ever fails when so much of the process is being done for us. But, I know there's still lots of work to be done after transfer.

The wait between cycles always went very quickly for me. It depends on how long you're going to be waiting though.

Great news on the HB!

Abby sorry about your bfn.

I am an optimistic person at heart and the idea of ICSI not working for us scares the crap out of me, we get one shot at this financially, if it doesn't work and we've no snow babies then all my husband and I will be doing is trying naturally and praying for another miracle.

Hey girls,
Hope everyone is ok! We had our follow up consultation yesterday. We are doing a fet next cycle.... Eek!! Feel like it's a bit pointless but we can have it free as part of our NHS cycle so we would be daft not to! X

Free = GREAT!

ICSI for us isn't covered so it's going to cost us about 8500 for the cycle (canadian $) it would have been a lot more but our meds are 80% covered thankfully through insurance.

Yeah we've been very lucky!! We got the Icsi cycle and the fet free which is fab. Well have to pay from then on though x

Megg33K- Thanks for taking the time to reply, i appreciate the advice and thoughts about my situation. I'm glad to hear that the wait between cycles went by quickly for you, I'm going to try to keep very busy. Hopefully my doctor won't have us wait too long.

Donna- Thanks for the hugs! You have a tough decision to make, I'm there too...try to listen to your gut instinct, what does that little voice in the back of your head/heart tell you? I'm sure you'll make the right choice, whatever you decide. I'll keep my fingers crossed for your scan on Friday :)

Kelly9-This whole thing would be hard without having to worry about the money part too! Good luck with your ICSI

Dream- Glad to hear some good news, having this paid for is one obstacle down on your road to success!

Congrats to all on here who are were successful with IVF, and currently PG! I'm trying to enjoy the journey, but I'm ready to get to my destination already. Now off to the doctor on Monday, to figure out the next step.

Hi Ladies,

I had my ER done on 6/27, and we currently have 5 out of 6 embies that fertilized that are grade A, so they are having us do a day 5 embryo transfer. I heard that is a good thing, so I am really excited about that. We are scheduled to have the transfer on saturday 7/2. Has anyone had a transfer done on day 5, and did they do any assisted hatching? I am just hoping for the best.

Best of luck to everyone, and lots of babydust!!

Sorry Jappy, just went back and saw your post. Didn't mean to not reply. I have not had a day 5 transfer. I just had a day 3 transfer, but my clinic told me that they almost always do assisted hatching on day 3 but not usually on day 5 because on day 5 the shell is softer or something? On day 3, the shell is harder so they do AH. I don't know if that is right, but that is the protocol of my clinic. Good luck to you - you must be in your 2WW right?

Hey girls,
Hope everyone is ok! We had our follow up consultation yesterday. We are doing a fet next cycle.... Eek!! Feel like it's a bit pointless but we can have it free as part of our NHS cycle so we would be daft not to! X

Wow, that's great you can start with the FET so quickly! So how long did you wait in between..just the AF from your IVF cycle? Why do you feel the FET is pointless?

Meggles of course you belong here hunny. I wish that you didn't but in the nicest possible way, if that makes sense. It probably doesn't but I hope you know what I mean. :hugs: You've offered so much support to everyone. I think your welcome wherever you go. I'm happy your here :thumbup: well I'm not but I am, god I'm not making sense again am I lol I'll shut up now!! Love you :hugs:.

Kelly Hi :hi: how you doing, sorry to hear your back on this journey again. Wishing you lots of luck :flower:

Kaylakin Congratulations hunny!! You have given me a bit of pma back so thank you. My pma had taken a serious nose dive, I'm still convinced it hasn't worked but it's lovely to hear your story and give people that bit of hope.

Thanks Doodar! I'm glad to have given you PMA. When do you test? My PMA was so up and down, depending on the minute throughout the entire 2WW. Ultimately, on the day of the beta I would have bet that it didn't work, but it did. Soo..it's not over until you get the beta results back!! Are you planning to test at home or wait until the beta?

Congratulations Kaylakin! That is a great news! You must be so happy even though I know you're kind of in shock right now. I took the hpt three days straight before the beta because I didn't believe the first test and still didn't believe it even after the nurse called with the positive result.

I just came back from 1st scan for heartbeat and it was so amazing to see this little thing pulsing inside of me. 113 beats/min heart rate. It was incredible.

Wishing you a wonderful 9 months :)

Thanks Davecr! I am so happy, but very nervous if that makes sense. I am just trying to enjoy it for now for as long as it lasts. I'm not going to take anything for granted.. I know what you mean about not believing it. I can't wrap my brain around it yet.

Omg, so great about the heartbeat! Do you have many symptoms yet? Congratulations!

Hi girls, Kaylakin fabulous news hunni. Many many congrats :happydance:

Megg glad ur staying here, i too am not sure where I belong either. There should be one for limbo land!!

Dream how are you getting on now sweetie xx

Good luck to the rest of you who are embarking on your journeys.

Abbyniko so sorry you got a BFN. sending hugs :hugs: x

We've got consultant follow up thursday next week and not sure what we'll decide to do. We paid a total of £5,500 with ICSI and freezing our snowbaby and the thought of doing that again and having nothing at the end of it is a worry. Obviously if it works then it's definitely worth the money, and we cant leave our snow baby in the freezer, so will def have to do a FET at some time. Just not sure whether to do another ivf first which might give us more snowbabies for a FET if ivf #2 doesn't work. So many decisions. Am going for a scan on friday as i've got pain in my left ovary. I'm worried I might have a cyst and want to get it checked soon. Well lovelies speak soon and take care xx

Donna - so glad you are going to follow up with the consultant. Hopefully your mind will be more decided after your appointment. What are you leaning toward doing at this moment? I hope your scan goes well and that it isn't a cyst - although if it is hopefully it just shrinks or goes away on its own anyway.. Good luck to you!

Big congratulations Kaylakin, really pleased for you. Can understand why you'd be apprehensiove but just gotta try and take each day as it comes and try not to think too much About what could go wrong :hugs:

Kaylakin, symptoms I got right away are being very very tired. I easily feel like taking 2-3 naps per day and so working days suck! I go home and crash early. Boobs also got big and a bit sore. Not as sore as I was expecting. And by this week 6 I am very much bloated. I discovered belly bands which are a savory since I can still wear my regular pants just unbuttoned :)

Also I am getting turned off from weird foods which before now were just fine. Like I tired this aged cheese that I used to eat all the time before and it tasted so terrible I had to use mouthwash.

Hi ladies!
Im back :) ready to go again! (see signature). We start stimming tomorrow. Gonal f and menopur. I stopped bcp Monday and am having some bleeding today, which my clinic said was to be expected, but still makes me nervous. Anyway, here we go again!

Good luck Blondemop. After having a polyp removed and a cyst drained on Thursday, i start stimming on Monday too. Been on buserelin continously since 22nd May so feel like a pin cushion, so tired and fed up, so cant wait to start stimming again...even though i know i'll feel worse, at least its getting closer to EC (hopefully :))

Such an emotional n physical journey and you ladies always help. Keep strong. :) x

Good luck to thOse cycling! I just can't wait to get started on this journey but it's taking way to long!

HSG is done and so are all the rest of our tests that need to be done prior to starting treatment so now all that's left is waiting for the call! I don't expect one this comin week for this cycle though it would be awesome! But I do expect to get one for our Aug cycle.

Well today is 13dpt and a bfn, tomorrow is otd and I'm guessing nothing is going to change in the next 24 hours. So looks like I'm done. Really not sure where we are going to go from here, we have lots to discuss. Can we really contemplate spending another 7 thousand pounds to still end up with nothing at the end of it. When we've already spent over 11 and we are still in the same position, where do you stop? where does it end? how do you end it and how do you cope if you stop trying. I really don't know. I'm just numb at the moment and devastated. I want to wish all you ladies tons of luck and hope you manage to achieve your dreams and to those with bfp lots of love and happiness with your bundle of joys.

I'm sorry doodar I hope you find answers to some of those questions :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->