IVF/ICSI/FET 2011 everyone welcome

Had my U/S and bloodwork this morning. Official results won't be available until this afternoon.

I'm kind of disappointed, to tell the truth.

The good news is, my lining was thicker than I thought - 6.5mm, despite my "AF" from stopping my OCP.

The bad news is, I only have 8-9 follicles that are really responding, ranging from 7-12mm. At least that's all that were on the ultrasound. I didn't feel like the tech really rooted around the ovaries to look for more, just measured what was on the screen.

So, IDK what this means in the grand scheme of IVF, but I was hoping I would have more follicles to up my odds. It seems a little early still, so we'll see.

I'll report more later when the official results get posted and they call me with my new medication schedule.

Had my U/S and bloodwork this morning. Official results won't be available until this afternoon.

I'm kind of disappointed, to tell the truth.

The good news is, my lining was thicker than I thought - 6.5mm, despite my "AF" from stopping my OCP.

The bad news is, I only have 8-9 follicles that are really responding, ranging from 7-12mm. At least that's all that were on the ultrasound. I didn't feel like the tech really rooted around the ovaries to look for more, just measured what was on the screen.

So, IDK what this means in the grand scheme of IVF, but I was hoping I would have more follicles to up my odds. It seems a little early still, so we'll see.

I'll report more later when the official results get posted and they call me with my new medication schedule.

8-9 follicles responding well could get you 8-9 eggs. I had over 20 follicles responding well last time and ended up with only 4 eggs. So, its a crap shoot. But, it only takes 1... really. There are lots of people who don't get extras but do get their baby. And, that's the important bit!

Meggs-My name is not Megg, but I'm from northern Illinois too :flower:

Yay! One from Peoria, one from around DeKalb, what part do you hail from?

This is becoming quite the IL IVF thread! LOL

Thanks, Megg. I need to remember quality > quantity. Sometimes I get scared though because I just haven't even been able to get pregnant yet!

So my lab results were just posted on my patient portal:

Estradiol: 430
LH: 1.04
Follicles (total 9)
Right: 8.88, 8.8, 7.58, 6.64, 7.3, 5.68
Left: 7.99, 9.23, 11.79
2-4 smaller follicles in each ovary

According to the RE's nurse, this is progressing normally. I continue to take my Follistim 300iu + Ganirelix 250mcg tonight and tomorrow night, then return Saturday morning for another U/S and bloodwork.

So no more news until Saturday :)

Hi lainey, the other girls are right, 5 is good so try not too worry. I sometimes think shorter transfers are better because the womb is the best place :thumbup: hope everything went well today, youll be pupo now:happydance:
Welcome Ttcne and meg from illinois (how bizarre with you two?!)

Blonde-it so strange but think that many women dont know they're anywhere near pregnant at this stage so it is hard to symptom spot. I think a holiday is def the best idea! Where are you of to??
Hi Wallie - how are you feeling now? Its so difficult waiting, wont be long now :thumbup:

afm, My calmness has kind of disappeared, had an awful dream last night when AF came like a horror movie and it just seemed so real! I woke up in a panic and this mid-morning today I went to the toilet and wiped and i got kind of brown discharge (sorry if its tmi) but im wondering if anyone has any ideas. Its not blood as such but now im feeling like ive got feelings that AF is coming. I just burst into tears and am now scared to go to the toilet (as if that will stop it). Luckily my OH works near so he came home to make sure i was ok and I really want to test now, my OH is going to pick up a FRER on the way back from work. I dont know whether i should or not, its 7dp what would have been a 5dt. This is so hard !

:hugs:

I hope this is just implantation spotting or something Angie. I'm praying that it is anyway. :hugs:

I'm not too bad, have my ups and down but now we're at the end of March I just hope I've just got around 3 months before I start IVF #2. FX'd anyway.

:hugs:

I think it sounds very normal, Meg. Your numbers look good for so early! Everything crossed for Saturday! :)

I'm not too bad, have my ups and down but now we're at the end of March I just hope I've just got around 3 months before I start IVF #2. FX'd anyway.

:hugs:[/QUOTE]

And a lovely holiday between, it will go in no time :happydance:

Hi angiemon, wallie & blondmop. Well i am now pupo with twins!! Wallie you were so right about holding on to the wee - that was awful :haha:
We got a good result - the two that they transferred back were both grade 1 - 8 & 9 out of 10 - i am so praying that they stick. Unfortnately though, none of the others were good enough for freezing, so thats a wee bit disappointing. I am so not loving the pessaries - yuk and feel like stuff is pouring out of me (sorry if this is tmi).
Angiemon - please stay positive - :hugs::hugs:
Wallie - i know how hard the waiting is - our treatment is on the NHS - and we were on the list from Oct 09 before getting to this stage.
Blondemop - the holiday idea sounds fab - good planning!!

Hi Lainey, how did your transfer go? How does it feel to be PUPO? :happydance:

Great stuff Lainey, great news that you're PUPO with twins. Hope they both stick for you. Yes :haha: the transfer was a nightmare for me. Drank too much water and was frozen too and had the shivers as the nurse put ice in it. Jings, I didn't know I could feel that bad needing the loo.

Angie, did you test or when are you planning to test. No more spotting?

Hi Lainey, thank you and well done pupo princess :happydance: with twins!! Sounds great! I know the pessaries are horrible, they are less messy if you put them in the back way (sorry) and you get used to it after a while, fingers crossed xxxx

Thanks for the encouragement Wallie, positivity is declining. I tested with fmu today and got a negative im 14 dpo, 9dp5dt. Could it still be too early or am I just clutching at straws. I shouldn't have tested early but as I was spotting, i thought that was it anyway. Ive still got a teeny weeny glimmer of hope but its fading

xxx

I hate to be a party pooper but I hate to give hope where there's probably not any. However we can all be proved wrong though... here's hoping you can still get your :bfp: but at 14dpo I would have thought it would show, certainly if it was me I'd think that's it. How would you feel if this is it? Silly question I suppose really... gutted.

Agreed, Wallie. Its not impossible, but I'd consider it unlikely at 14dpo to be too early. However, I really hope to be proven wrong!

Lainey! Congrats :)

I just got back from my RE's visit for bloodwork/ultrasound -

So here are the official numbers:

Estradiol: 797
LH: 1.12
Follicular Ultrasound:
Right: 13.01, 14.77, 11.3, 6.26 (mm)
Left: 11.8, 8.3, 12.65, 11.72, 14.5, 11.8, 9.3 (mm)
2-4 small follicles in each ovary

My endometrial lining had a triple layer and was 7.86mm thick

Tonight I continue to take my Ganirelix and aspirin, but drop my Follistim dose to 75iu, and add 40 units of low-dose hCG (not the trigger). I will do the same regimen tomorrow, then I go back in at 7:45a on Monday for another ultrasound/bloodwork.

More than likely I will trigger Monday evening and my retrieval will be Wednesday morning

If not, then I will definitely trigger Tuesday. It's getting close! OMG!!!!!

Lainey! Congrats :)

I just got back from my RE's visit for bloodwork/ultrasound -

So here are the official numbers:

Estradiol: 797
LH: 1.12
Follicular Ultrasound:
Right: 13.01, 14.77, 11.3, 6.26 (mm)
Left: 11.8, 8.3, 12.65, 11.72, 14.5, 11.8, 9.3 (mm)
2-4 small follicles in each ovary

My endometrial lining had a triple layer and was 7.86mm thick

Tonight I continue to take my Ganirelix and aspirin, but drop my Follistim dose to 75iu, and add 40 units of low-dose hCG (not the trigger). I will do the same regimen tomorrow, then I go back in at 7:45a on Monday for another ultrasound/bloodwork.

More than likely I will trigger Monday evening and my retrieval will be Wednesday morning

If not, then I will definitely trigger Tuesday. It's getting close! OMG!!!!!

Getting very close! We might end up on the exact same schedule!!! EEK! I'm excited for you!!!! :happydance:

Sooo... My right ovary... It hurts. Its not a constant pain... but its a sharp, stabby pain when it happens. I didn't have this last time, but I also only ended up with 4 eggs last time. So, I don't know that I'm the authority on what it should feel like. I'd be ever so happy if it meant the drugs were working better this time... but not TOO good... I don't want OHSS. And, I don't know if I should be concerned. I have no way of getting in touch with my clinic until they open on Monday morning... and I have an appointment first thing Monday morning anyway. I don't feel like I have any sort of emergency... but I'm also not super keen on taking chances. I definitely don't think I need a trip to the ER... The pain isn't that bad, that frequent, or that lengthy. Its just a sharp pain a few times every few hours. I'm okay with dealing with it if its not a signal that something is wrong. Any insight?

Edit: So, Dr. Google suggests that the pain can be fairly normal and OHSS symptoms only start AFTER ovulation or egg collection. Ignore me. It just hurts for fun, I guess. GROW EGGIES GROW! (Suppose I should have consulted Dr. Google first... I'll leave the post for anyone else who might have the same issue though!)

Yeah, I was going to say OHSS is a post-ovulatory thing. Although ovarian torsion can be a problem when ovaries are hyperstimulated. But that would be extremely painful, and constant pain.

I've also got ovarian pain on both sides now - achy most of the time but sometimes stabby. I used to get this right before O on Clomid too.

At this point, I'm glad my RE is taking these follicles out. To O all these suckers on my own would kill me!

So Megg, since you got 4 eggs last time have they upped your dosage at all, or are you completely on the same regime?

Thanks, Meg! I'm glad to know its not just me! Its definitely not the kind of pain you described. So, I won't worry unless it gets bad!

Wallie - I'm on the same exact protocol because it worked last time. The issue with only getting 4 eggs was more technical. I had about 20 good sized follies, but he wasn't able to get to some of them with how my ovaries were positioned or something like that. I wasn't totally with it when he explained. But the 4 we got included 3 mature ones, all 3 fertilized, and they were great looking embies. They don't feel that they could improve with changing my doses at all. And, I did get pregnant. So, no complaints from me. My E2 was lower this time too, so I'm hoping it might make for an even better result.

Hi - can I join please? Started our first round of IVF recently and have so many questions, I was delighted to read this thread! Just getting used to all the lingo so think I've got this right - started DR 13 march, started stinking 29 march and have proposed EC date of 11 April. I was expecting to feel awful but actually find I'm more positive than I was before, I think because I feel I'm taking action. In reading the thread (which has taken me hours!) 2 things spring to mind - firstly, no-one seems to mention the same meeds that I have. Is that a country/ area/ NHS trust thing? And I have no check in at all between scan 1 when I was told to start stinking, and then scan 2 ten days later. Lots of people on here seem to have regular check ins to see whether their dose is high enough? I think the next four weeks are going to be tough, so happy to have found somewhere to chat (we haven't told anyone we're doing IVF, very few people know we've been having problems, and as you all experience everyone around me is pregnant!) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->