IVF/ICSI/FET Cycle Starting November... Anyone else? - 4 BFN, 6 BFP, 1 angel!

I have been told it will be between 10 and 14 days of stimming before I take the trigger shot and then 36 hours after that for ER.

I've been told similar. Stim for 10/11 days, have a scan & then couple more days if needed.

Hey Blue, hope you're okay :hugs:

I was on stimms for about 12 days last time from memory.

H xx

I'll add you Mamamirfy! Good luck! :hugs:

Hope all is okay, Blue!

They only expected me to be stimming for about 8 days prior to trigger, but that was based on how I responded to Follistim before. I triggered quite early with my IUI cycle also. I only stimmed for 7 days that time and had 6 follies that were all set to be mature.

Hi Guys,

Just my own contribution. I stimmed for about 10 days....I have my trigger tonight, and EC on Sunday. Hope that helps.

Sorry for the negative post but - this sucks! Why cant I ovulate? I feel like im never going to get started. Its day 24 and the very latest I have previously O'd is cd23. Crappy body :nope:

Sorry for the negative post but - this sucks! Why cant I ovulate? I feel like im never going to get started. Its day 24 and the very latest I have previously O'd is cd23. Crappy body :nope:

Sorry your body isn't playing ball with you. Why do you have to wait for OV? My clinic didn't mention this to me, they just said to book my injection teaching for CD21 & off we go.
...Is there any allowance made for the possibility of an AnOvulatory (sp?) cycle?
x

Hey Fluffy I think Teapot made a very good comment, why don't you call your clinic on Monday if no O by then and ask if you can be scanned again. If O is not looking imminent then maybe you can start DR. People with PCOS must start DR before O after all so there must be exceptions.

Good luck and keep us posted:hugs:

Thanks caroleb and teapot. I was scanned on wed and had a 14mm follicle but I had all the ov signs a week ago and feel its all just frozen now. My body used to do this a year ago- gear up around day 20, not ov then try again around day40. Think I will take ur advice and ring them on monday if still nothing happening.

Hey fluffystar - sorry to hear your are fighting your body right now. It is so upsetting. Did the clinic give you any plan to help ov? Do you have to just keep going back until you have ov'd?

AFM I went for blood work at the clinic thursday to confirm ov (i knew that I hadn't ov'd yet - but I was cd 24 so they were "panicking"). And surprise, surprise, they found I haven't ov'd yet!!! (well I am almost certain that I ov'd on THURSDAY/FRIDAY)

SO I get a call from the nurse Thursday afternoon to find out when the next blood test -and she tells me that the fs didn't know what to do "with a late ovulating person", so she called another fs to ask them what to do. (as if I didn't already think she was an idiot) Apparently she didn't know what to do because if she knew I always ov'd late then she would have done bcp first - but this late of ov is rare for me.

Anyway, the other fs tells my fs that one should only be DR on lupron for 7 days at the most - so I won't start DR until next Thursday (which I need to have blood and scan done on that day - just to make sure everything looks good).

She said that the longer you DR on lupron can cause more cysts - which is what happened to me last time - and that it can ruin the cycle - which is what happened to me last time. My antral follicle count is usually only 30 and for my ivf cycle it was 46!!!

So I am trying to believe that this late ov is a blessing in disguise - because now a smart fs is on my case - and they aren't making the same "mistake" as last time.

My only concern if I start lupron next Thursday (7dpo) and they want me to use lupron for 7 days (taking me to 14dpo) - that is going to be a problem becuase my luteal phase is only ever 12 days which means that if I start lupron on 7dpo I will only get to use lupron for 5 days instead of 7?!?!

Sorry for the long post. xo

I'm confused... They're going to have me on Lupron for longer than 7 days... Why does it need to be so confusing?

Hi Megg,

It is all so confusing.

Last time I was on lupron for 12 days before af - and continued on it up until the trigger for EC.

This time they said that they wanted me on lupron for only 7 days before af, but that I continue lupron all the way until trigger right before EC (which is what I did last time).

Who knows? How long are you on lupron?

I start on the injections again on Nov 14... and then I'm guessing it will be until mid-Dec? I mean, it looks like EC will be around mid-Dec. So... until a few days prior to that. Its a really long time... sort of!

Morning Megg,

I am starting my DR nasal spray tomorrow which is 7 days before AF is due and I will be continuing until the eve of EC. I was told that this is so that they can completely control your ovaries and the production of the follies. If you stopped it before then your body would start to work naturally again and risk O before they can do the EC. When you start the DR all depends on the protocol that your doc feels is right for you based on all the test results and scans that he/she has performed.

I know if can be super confusing as so many of us are on different programmes but then again our bodies are all so different. Try not to worry and just believe that your doc is doing what is necessary to get you a BFP:hugs:

Hi everyone,

Blue - I don't know enough about how other IVF systems work but does it matter if you're DR when you're on your period?

I'm on the nasal sprays to DR and both times I've done that I've had a period whilst DR.

I'm currently on Day 13 and not due to have my scan to see if I can't start stimming until a week on Thurs, it just feels like it's taking forever :roll:

H xx

Most people I know start DR at least 7 days before af - then continue during af - and continue during stims all the way to EC. That is what I am doing and did last time (except they started me even earlier than 7 days before af).

DR is very important because it tells the ovaries not to ovulate. My clinic told me stories of a few people who forgot to take their DR close to EC and all the eggs released on their own so none were there for collection.

There are so many slightly different protocols it can definitely make us crazy.

:hugs: to all!

helenttc - I hope you get the go ahead for stims this thursday. xo

I really wish I knew how one Dr decided on one protocol vs another... They all seem to lead to the same goal... So, why so many paths? I guess whatever works best per patient... though I don't think my clinic changes is much on a patient-by-patient basis!

I know that my doc looks at all the blood work and also the scans to determine which protocol to use. I know that whilst my AMH result was lower than they expected my antral follicle count was really quite good so they expect me to stimm quite well. I guess at the end of the day we have to just trust that they will choose the best route for us.

Well I have now started DR with my nasal spray which has made me really happy as this marks the official start to IVF for me. It seems like we talked about it for so long and so many doctors appointments and tests to get to this stage that finally we have started. Only 3 days left at work and then I enjoy one final weekend in the sunshine before heading to the cold of London for the next phase of treatment. Never thought I would be looking forward to injections this much:wacko: People on the outside would think I am completely crazy hehehe.

Fluffy I hope that O has happened for you over the weekend. Let us know the latest :hugs:

I got my new calendar today! Either they're making concessions for me or their Dec cycle date was wrong on the website. Because I start stimming on Nov 27 and should have had ET by ~12/12. That means that I should know if its BFP or not before Christmas... best or worst Christmas EVER! FX'd!

Yippee Megg, you don't have to wait as long as you thought. We'll be on a similar timeline then...
I'm on DR from 8th, scan on 24th & I assume if all DR'd ok, I start stimms that day???

So guessing EC would be w/c 6th Dec - it will be either a very drunk Christmas or a very sober one (fx).

One of my best friends' weddings is on 29th Dec, so that could be awkward...

I'm going away for New Year, part leisure/part work so at least if it fails I can walk on a nice cold beach everyday & blow the cobwebs away.

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->