IVF/ICSI/FET Cycle Starting November... Anyone else? - 4 BFN, 6 BFP, 1 angel!

Hi Maaybe,

I think its all about reducing multiple pregnancies. Our fertility clinic has a bit about it on their web page here.

We were told that providing you have enough good quality embies they will try and take them through to develop into blasts as they have a higher chance of pregnancy when put back. However, there is a chance that some may not develop into blasts if not put back and so it depends on how many you have fertilise in the first place. If that makes sense. Im sure that they will try and get the best outcome for you.

I think our PCT will fund 3 fresh cycles and 3 FETs.

I also found this page which was helpful to see what the different PCTs will fund and what criteria they have.

Yeah I just don't believe that if I have two they will both develop into pregnancies, we're not that lucky!!

My info says that only if you have enough will they keep them for the extra days but tbh I don't want any putting back that aren't going to develop to the blast stage, why wait two weeks to find out when we can wait a couple of days :dohh:

We definatley get two fresh cycles, I can't find anything anywhere (or on your link) about the FET though :(

:flower: x x x x

I dont think the link had anything about FET but I know I had read it somewhere. If I come across it again, i'll post it.
I keep reading bits here and there but now need to start bookmarking them so I can find it later! It drives me crazy when I know the info if out there somewhere and I have lost it!!! Especially when we have so many questions!!!
Do you have definite dates yet Maaybe?

lol I do that all the time, then spend hours going through my history trying to find stuff! :haha:

No, no definate dates BUT I have only just started AF so unless we get a massive 3/4 week delay somewhere egg collection should be a few days after christmas :thumbup:

My info says that only if you have enough will they keep them for the extra days but tbh I don't want any putting back that aren't going to develop to the blast stage, why wait two weeks to find out when we can wait a couple of days :dohh:

Hi Maaybe,

Have you had an info evening yet? We had an embryologist explain it to us at ours.
Basically, they'll only try to take embies to blast stage if you have 5 or more & they are all good quality. This doesn't mean to say that an embryo that isn't top grade won't develop into a PG when put back into the womb.

He said that the nutritional needs of the embies changes as they reach blast stage & science doesn't have it 100% yet. That's why only strong embies will be taken to blast & they often lose some on the way. So it's about balancing risk.
...you'd be gutted if they went for blast stage regardless & they all died, when they probably could have turned into PG if put back as embies.

The womb is the perfect environment for an embie to turn into a blast & then hopefully implant which is why lots of ladies get PG with embies that may not have made it in the laboratory.
...Also, not every clinic goes for blasts, they stick with the tried & tested embryo transfer.

We've been told that as NHS patients, as I'm under 37, I'll only be allowed one. ...i think you can have the conversation with them at the time tho & if we aren't able to try for blasts, I'll ask for two embies.

I hope this makes sense. I have my consent signing appt tomorrow :wacko: . Scary!

Hi Maaybe,

Have you had an info evening yet? We had an embryologist explain it to us at ours.
Basically, they'll only try to take embies to blast stage if you have 5 or more & they are all good quality. This doesn't mean to say that an embryo that isn't top grade won't develop into a PG when put back into the womb.

He said that the nutritional needs of the embies changes as they reach blast stage & science doesn't have it 100% yet. That's why only strong embies will be taken to blast & they often lose some on the way. So it's about balancing risk.
...you'd be gutted if they went for blast stage regardless & they all died, when they probably could have turned into PG if put back as embies.

The womb is the perfect environment for an embie to turn into a blast & then hopefully implant which is why lots of ladies get PG with embies that may not have made it in the laboratory.
...Also, not every clinic goes for blasts, they stick with the tried & tested embryo transfer.

We've been told that as NHS patients, as I'm under 37, I'll only be allowed one. ...i think you can have the conversation with them at the time tho & if we aren't able to try for blasts, I'll ask for two embies.

I hope this makes sense. I have my consent signing appt tomorrow :wacko: . Scary!

Yep it was on Friday :thumbup:

They didn't explain a lot at all, it wasn't worth gong to tbh.
The info pack they gave us is fab though! I believe that if it won't make it to a blast in the lab then it's not the strongest or 'the best' and it won't make it inside me.

Where are you in the Midlands? I heard Coventry PCT give you 3 NHS funded IVF cycles :thumbup:

How long did it take between your info evening and tomorrow? (Good Luck btw!!)
We have to get our bloods done tomorrow (hopefully!!!) and when the results come back get out appointment sent through, hoping it will be 2/3 weeks!!

:kiss:

Hi lovely ladies. Loads of activity on here. :kiss: and :dust: to everyone and praying this works out for us!

I'm mid-way through down regulation and already getting bored out of my mind :dohh:. I can't get scheduled for a scan till AF shows....she's supposed to show today, but I'm expecting a delay thanks to the meds....hopefully by Wednesday, I'll know when I can start stimming!

Good luck to all!!!

I'd fast forward for you if I could, honey! Hope she hurries up!

Hi Ladies,
I thought that I would update you. I went to see my accupncturist this afternoon and feel soooo much more positive that I had before. I was quite daunted by the whole IVf process and wasnt sure if I was ready to start in Nov. Now, however, I say bring it on! Im quite excited and feel ready for it. I almost feel as though I am oozing positivity. I do hope I can keep this mentality up for the next two months!!!

Hi Ladies,
I thought that I would update you. I went to see my accupncturist this afternoon and feel soooo much more positive that I had before. I was quite daunted by the whole IVf process and wasnt sure if I was ready to start in Nov. Now, however, I say bring it on! Im quite excited and feel ready for it. I almost feel as though I am oozing positivity. I do hope I can keep this mentality up for the next two months!!!

Ooh! Fantastic! Do pass it on? I'm still :wacko: about it!

If I don't bleeding in the next 2 days, I've just been informed that I'll probably miss my cycle. I'm falling apart... completely falling apart. I hate my life and my body so much right now... WTF do I do? I can't miss my cycle... :cry:

Can you get provera to get the cycle started hun. Oh I hate this ttc shite.

Can you get provera to get the cycle started hun. Oh I hate this ttc shite.

I did take Provera! I'm on my 3rd day since my last dose. I usually take 5mg for 5 days and start 3-6 days later. This time I was put on 10mg for 5 days (well, 7 but I stopped after 5 THANK GOODNESS!)... I'm 3 days off of my last dose... but I'm worried it'll take longer to start because the dose was higher.

2 questions: Would 2 double-doses of BCP's be enough to bring a bleed the next day? If I just wait and don't get it soon enough, what would happen if I said it was CD1 when it wasn't yet?

I would have thought that the higher dose of provera would have brought af sooner.

The other question - I don't really know - but I wouldn't want to compromise the success of the cycle as hard as it is to wait hun. Could you call the clinic and see what they say?

I know I am losing my patience waiting to start.

I would have thought that the higher dose of provera would have brought af sooner.

The other question - I don't really know - but I wouldn't want to compromise the success of the cycle as hard as it is to wait hun. Could you call the clinic and see what they say?

I know I am losing my patience waiting to start.

I know! I'm trying so hard to not think that way... but I need this to happen in this time frame. There is so much about starting Dec 6 that doesn't work for me.

I'm so frustrated and angry right now...

Hi girls,

Megg - :hugs: try not to worry, She will show. Over the past years I've found that either attempting to go swimming or the purchase of a HPT guarantee's AF arrival! Has your clinic offered any advice at all? Have you expressed your concern to them that they may have got your OV wrong? Could you have OV'd twice? :shrug:

Maaybe - :flower: I'm not in Coventry, my PCT is one cycle, which they class as one fresh & one FET. You can then pay to store any other frozen embies (if you have them) & pay for further FET's.
...Re the whole low grade embryo / blast thing, I think it makes perfect sense that it could survive in the womb & not in a dish, as the womb is it's natural environment and there are lots of ladies who have got PG this way, so try not to dwell on it too much, the embryologists are the experts & you need to have utmost trust in them :thumbup: .

From our info evening to consents appt, was 3 weeks, although I had to change our 1st appt as not suitable for us, so the wait was approx 5 weeks. This will vary for different clinics depending how busy they are.

:coffee: AFM, Consent signing was good. Nurse was really nice & really informative. We had our virus screening blood tests (the blood nurse was MEAN!! OUCH! ..wasn't just me either, DH said she was mean to him too!).

We can start next cycle :headspin: , so if AF arrives on time, I just have to call them & they'll put the ball rolling as regards drug prescription/injection teaching & we start on day 21 which will prob be 10th November.

She counted along the calendar & my EC & ET could be as far off as mid December, with the result around Christmas. So we also have to option to wait until Jan. I'm tempted by this as I'm a great big chickensh*t & would hate to get BFN at Christmas (PMA ha ha)! ...I'm also wary, as by the feel of my tummy at the mo, I think my endo is coming back, so I'm conscious to get started asap aswell. :wacko:

Best of luck to you all... x

Hi girls,

Megg - :hugs: try not to worry, She will show. Over the past years I've found that either attempting to go swimming or the purchase of a HPT guarantee's AF arrival! Has your clinic offered any advice at all? Have you expressed your concern to them that they may have got your OV wrong? Could you have OV'd twice? :shrug:

Maaybe - :flower: I'm not in Coventry, my PCT is one cycle, which they class as one fresh & one FET. You can then pay to store any other frozen embies (if you have them) & pay for further FET's.
...Re the whole low grade embryo / blast thing, I think it makes perfect sense that it could survive in the womb & not in a dish, as the womb is it's natural environment and there are lots of ladies who have got PG this way, so try not to dwell on it too much, the embryologists are the experts & you need to have utmost trust in them :thumbup: .

From our info evening to consents appt, was 3 weeks, although I had to change our 1st appt as not suitable for us, so the wait was approx 5 weeks. This will vary for different clinics depending how busy they are.

:coffee: AFM, Consent signing was good. Nurse was really nice & really informative. We had our virus screening blood tests (the blood nurse was MEAN!! OUCH! ..wasn't just me either, DH said she was mean to him too!).

We can start next cycle :headspin: , so if AF arrives on time, I just have to call them & they'll put the ball rolling as regards drug prescription/injection teaching & we start on day 21 which will prob be 10th November.

She counted along the calendar & my EC & ET could be as far off as mid December, with the result around Christmas. So we also have to option to wait until Jan. I'm tempted by this as I'm a great big chickensh*t & would hate to get BFN at Christmas (PMA ha ha)! ...I'm also wary, as by the feel of my tummy at the mo, I think my endo is coming back, so I'm conscious to get started asap aswell. :wacko:

Best of luck to you all... x

I feel the same re: Christmas! But a BFP would be a great gift! LOL

They have no advice. She sounded accusatory... like I should be doing something to make myself bleed. As if I wouldn't be if I COULD do something. I did tell my FS that I didn't think I'd ovulated back when they said I "had to" have ovulated, and he said that my body wouldn't have had a choice. I think its a load of crap, personally! They didn't do a progesterone test to prove it, so they can't be proven wrong... I can just know in my heart that they were wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->