IVF/ICSI/FET in September!!!

Hi Silarose

CARE do a donor program, and from what I have managed to find out, there is only a delay of a few months while they match the donor and recipient and synch the two women's cycles. It's not bad from a cost point of view either plus you don't have the stress of a language barrier and being away from your home comforts.

x

Hi Maz

Thanks for letting me know about this. Where is CARE? xxx

CARE are all over England. They have four main units and then a number of satellite units for scans and such like. They seem really good and very thorough in what they do. I was planning on going for treatment with them, and actually had a consultation arranged to see them back in May. Our flight was cancelled due to the ash cloud so we took it as an omen, and decided to go back to the last clinic where we have a frostie anyway. With us living in NI, and with the uncertainty of the ash cloud, we decided we didn't want to risk our flights being for egg collection and it ruin our treatment.

Good luck with your searching.

xx

Hi Maz

I might be being a bit stupid here but where is NI? (My geography is terrible as you can tell lol!)

I have looked up CARE now. They do egg share - my clinic do this as well. However, my friend (who is now pregnant) mentioned that her consultant said that egg share schemes don't have as good success rates as Spanish clinics. I think the reason links to the fact that egg share programmes often involve older donars who are also having fertility issues. Spanish donars are paid so are thought to be younger and will not be having fertility problems. Not sure how accurate this info is but it seems to make sense. It's very expensive to go to Spain though from what I have read!!!

Good luck with your treatment - I really hope it's BFPs for us all this time round!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Welcome Maz and Doodar! :happydance:

I am also with CARE doodar, which clinic are you at? We are at the Nottingham clinic.

Chesca xxx

:dust:

Hey can i join- i have to contact clinic when i ov in august and they give me the protocol(short) details then. I think i am looking at ec w/c 11th oct. I am at care sheffield- first time haven't a clue what is going on except i take hrt tabs for 3 weeks before injecting etc. x

hi glitterqueen

I am going back to the royal again. Went to origin first two times, then the royal for my nhs cycle and because we got a frosty after our nhs cycle, we decided to go back for another cycle to see if we can add to / use the frosty. Plus, we were booked to go to CARE nottingham in may, but our flight was cancelled due to ash and we saw it as a sign that we weren't meant to go there at this time.

Good luck with your cycle. I might be having EC w/c 11th october too, although that's not a definite yet.

You're right Leilani - NI is northern ireland.

x

good luck Maz - you have been at it a long time!! r u self funded or NHS
God i never even thought about the ash cloud for us but i think we r bringing the car as we will be there bout 2 weeks-trying to find somewhere to stay that wont break the bank possibly a cotage in the peak district cuz the apartments r really expensive- no wonder no one holidays in England anymore i could be in spain in a 4 star hotel 4 two weeks for the price of accomodation in sheffield. it might even be cheaper to fly across a few times i nthe week than stay the whole 2 weeks-anyone recommend where to stay around sheffield?????

I am also with CARE doodar, which clinic are you at? We are at the Nottingham clinic.

Chesca xxx

Morning Ladies Hope your all good.

Chesca we are at Manchester, phoning them later to get SA results and then book hubby in for surgical extraction. Nottingham have very good success rates. Good Luck hun is this your first cycle.x

:wave:

I will be doing my 2nd ICSI treatment probably start taking drugs end of august and have my EC and ET early sept I would imagine. Waiting on my period which is due tomorrow then gota see how dates would work with my work. If its too hectic I should start with my next period at end of august.

I will be on a short protocol. I was on a long protocol before and did not respond well (egg quality wise) so I am anxious about the change of drug and protocol.

I hope this thread is lucky for all of us, I don't think I can bare the upset again :nope:

:wave:

I will be doing my 2nd ICSI treatment probably start taking drugs end of august and have my EC and ET early sept I would imagine. Waiting on my period which is due tomorrow then gota see how dates would work with my work. If its too hectic I should start with my next period at end of august.

I will be on a short protocol. I was on a long protocol before and did not respond well (egg quality wise) so I am anxious about the change of drug and protocol.

I hope this thread is lucky for all of us, I don't think I can bare the upset again :nope:

Hi MummyIwanabe

I have just had a cycle cancelled due to poor response so I know how you feel. I only got 1 egg on the long protocol and will find out on Wed what is next for me. Will be interested to hear about your short protocol and how it goes. Have they told you what medication you will take yet? xxxxx

Chesca xxx

Morning Ladies Hope your all good.

Chesca we are at Manchester, phoning them later to get SA results and then book hubby in for surgical extraction. Nottingham have very good success rates. Good Luck hun is this your first cycle.x

Hiya hun, :flower:

We had a fresh cycle in Feb but never got to ET. This will be my first FET. What about you?

xxx

good luck Maz - you have been at it a long time!! r u self funded or NHS
God i never even thought about the ash cloud for us but i think we r bringing the car as we will be there bout 2 weeks-trying to find somewhere to stay that wont break the bank possibly a cotage in the peak district cuz the apartments r really expensive- no wonder no one holidays in England anymore i could be in spain in a 4 star hotel 4 two weeks for the price of accomodation in sheffield. it might even be cheaper to fly across a few times i nthe week than stay the whole 2 weeks-anyone recommend where to stay around sheffield?????

Welcome Glitterqueen!

There is a really lovely hotel near Sheffield called the Aston Hall Hotel, it's lovely. It's not mega cheep but it's in a really lovely place. I think it's a few mile out of sheffield though.

xxx

Chesca this will be my first ever cycle. I'm so nervous after reading all the stories I realise it doesnt always run smoothly. Trying to keep positive but stay realistic too. Good Luck with your FET hun x

Chesca this will be my first ever cycle. I'm so nervous after reading all the stories I realise it doesnt always run smoothly. Trying to keep positive but stay realistic too. Good Luck with your FET hun x

Alls you can do is stay positive Hun. You can read everyone elses stories until you're blue in the face but every cycle is so different. Try not to worry yourself with horror stories, for every one story of something not so good happening I bet there's many more stories of success! Good luck with your cycle Hun, we're here fir you every step of the way!

Xxx

Hi Silarose28,

I don't know what drugs I'll be on yet, i think they said but it was a while ago and I've forgotten to be honest! I've tried to put it to the back of my mind!! The first time I was on gonal -f. I got 21 follicles but 11 eggs (I had the issue where half of them were empty which isn't usually the case) then 4 weren't mature, then 85% fertilised but sadly only 1 was fair quality the rest were poor. I still had 2 put back in and they didn't tell me that they were quite as poor as they were so I remained positive lol but it didn't work and I got a bfn. I was really gutted at 25 that my egg quality was so poor. I'm very worried that it will be again with a new change to drugs etc but there's nothing I can do about it other than grit my teeth and hope for the best.

The witch has got me today and arrived smack on time so I'm waiting for clinic to call me to discuss dates and see if i can fit it in with work. (I had to wait for 2 normal bleeds) so not sure when I'll start drugs as they mentioned an admin month...

As soon as I know more on my protocol I'll let you know :) how old are you, what amount of drugs were you on, what type etc? Interested to know so we can research it together and find out if there's any answers that can help us both xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->