IVF/ICSI/FET in September!!!

Hi Silarose28,

I don't know what drugs I'll be on yet, i think they said but it was a while ago and I've forgotten to be honest! I've tried to put it to the back of my mind!! The first time I was on gonal -f. I got 21 follicles but 11 eggs (I had the issue where half of them were empty which isn't usually the case) then 4 weren't mature, then 85% fertilised but sadly only 1 was fair quality the rest were poor. I still had 2 put back in and they didn't tell me that they were quite as poor as they were so I remained positive lol but it didn't work and I got a bfn. I was really gutted at 25 that my egg quality was so poor. I'm very worried that it will be again with a new change to drugs etc but there's nothing I can do about it other than grit my teeth and hope for the best.

The witch has got me today and arrived smack on time so I'm waiting for clinic to call me to discuss dates and see if i can fit it in with work. (I had to wait for 2 normal bleeds) so not sure when I'll start drugs as they mentioned an admin month...

As soon as I know more on my protocol I'll let you know :) how old are you, what amount of drugs were you on, what type etc? Interested to know so we can research it together and find out if there's any answers that can help us both xxx

Hi mummyIwannabe

My case is a little different. I am 37 and I was 5 suprecur to down reg then 225 gonal f. I only got 1 mature follicle - arggh! There were some others there but they weren't big enough. I am going back for a consultation tomorrow and hope they will put me on a short protocol as I think I was oversurpressed. I'm sure I will have to wait though.

I'm sorry about your egg quality last time but from what I have read cycles can really vary from one to the next. I think different protocols can really help too - I've read lots of success stories online which cheered me up. My friend has been through IVF 3 times and her egg quality differed quite a lot each time. I am hoping that this was just a poor cycle for me - though I don't really believe that deep down!! I am going to try to be healthy before my next cycle - alcohol and caffeine banned/healthy diet/supplements etc. Though to be honest I did that this time and it didn't help. it is just so boring being healthy all the time but I suppose it will be worth it if it works!

Yes - let's keep in touch and research together. I'm going to do a bit more research on improving egg quality naturally and will let you know if I find anything interesting.

Good luck :thumbup:

Hmm this is why i worry as if it varies every cycle then why am i being changed to short protocol? Maybe I was oversupressed too but this new cycle will be a gamble as well and it's gamble with a lot of money!!!

I reckon my EC will be about the 7th Sept.

Good luck to us all :) xx

Hmm this is why i worry as if it varies every cycle then why am i being changed to short protocol? Maybe I was oversupressed too but this new cycle will be a gamble as well and it's gamble with a lot of money!!!

I reckon my EC will be about the 7th Sept.

Good luck to us all :) xx

It all seems so confusing doesn't it?! I will find it so hard to trust the doctors next time. I don't think they monitored me well enough last time so I have lost confidence a bit (I didn't find out that it wasn't working until 9 days of stimulation were over - they didn't scan me at all till then!). But from people I know and thinsg i have read things seem to improve as the doctors get to know your response. I am sure they have good reasons for changing your protocol - good luck honey. I'll be a bit behind you I would imagine.

xxxxxx

:dust::dust:

Are you private of nhs? That's bad that they didn't scan you until then! It all seems a bit hit and miss and they don't really know what they're talking about as everyone differs! nightmare! Lets hope this cycle goes better for both of us!

x

Hi ladies. I'd love to join you. :hi:

I met with a new FS today....to discuss way-forward, after 21 cycles ttc. Going in, I was hoping he'd recommend IUI, but after our discussion, he believes that my 1-tube situation, as well as minor adhesions, might make IVF a better option. I leave on vacation tomorrow, and, as we're funding it ourselves, I'm thinking the earliest we can start is September/October.

As I'll be a first timer, I'd really love to hang around this thread and learn from everyone. Reading through the earlier pages, I realise that it can be harder than it appears to be :wacko:. I pray we are all blessed with successful cycles!!!!

MummyIwannabe.... I had bad eggs too - which was very shocking - but from my research I understand that the meds can make the eggs poor quality - so hopefully a different protocol or dose can make a difference.

:hugs: to everyone!

Are you private of nhs? That's bad that they didn't scan you until then! It all seems a bit hit and miss and they don't really know what they're talking about as everyone differs! nightmare! Lets hope this cycle goes better for both of us!

x

I'm NHS and I know I'm really lucky to get funding! Yes lets hope we have more luck this time round x

Hi everyone

Feel a bit better today after my appointment with the consultant. I am going to try the short antagonist protocol with much higher dose of stims next time. The good thing is the consultant is letting me start taking ocp for as soon as I get my next period. I take the ocp for 3 weeks then start stimming for 2 weeks - then ec. Thank goodness there is not going to be a long wait! Does anyone know how long it takes for af to arrive after a cancelled cycle? Plllleeeaase hurry up af!!!!!

Dr said he doesn't think I will produce lots of eggs - just 3-4-5 - but that I only need 1 so there is still a chance!

xxxxx

I just got af today after a cancelled cycle - and it actually came 2 days earlier than normal! Hope yours comes soon so that you can get started!

I just got af today after a cancelled cycle - and it actually came 2 days earlier than normal! Hope yours comes soon so that you can get started!

Oh I really hope it comes soon!!!!

When do you start treatment for your FET Blue? I'm not sure what FET involves. I suppose it must be like IVF without the stimulation bit? Good luck!

I am still really aware of my right ovary (the one with the follicles on). It's not painful just feels like it throbs a bit. I stopped the drugs on Sat so might still be recovering from that still. Has anyone else had anything like this?

Good luck everyone!

My Fet - I trigger to ov and then 3 days later they will tranfer the embies!!! I will be taking estrace and doing progesterone in oil injections.

Blue - what's estrace

Good question lmao - estrogen maybe - I can't remember I googled it once, but don't remember - I will check and get back to you. I had started to take it when I thought I was having the fresh transfer, along with the PIO.

Estradiol-17ß (micronized) belongs to the class of medications known as estrogen replacement therapy. Estrogen is a hormone produced by the ovaries. Once menopause is reached, the ovaries produce less estrogen and progesterone (another hormone) and symptoms of menopause can occur.

Typically, estrogen is taken for the first 21 to 25 days of each month. Women who have not had a hysterectomy (i.e., they still have a uterus) should take a progestogen (e.g., medroxyprogesterone) for the last 12 to 14 days of each estrogen cycle.

ESTROGEN PILLS
Several studies have shown the addition of supplemental estrogen during the luteal phase, that is after the embryo transfer, improves the pregnancy rates. Generally, we begin Estrace pills, 4 mg per day, until the 1st pregnancy ultrasound.

So I guess it's telling your body you really want to get that BFP, so it had better do it's job!!

Leilani - you make me laugh so hard - yep!

Hi Ladies,

Hope your all good.

Hubby is booked in for his surgical retrieval and its all systems go so should be looking to start around mid september. I am actually starting to get really stressed about it and other little things that wouldn't normally stress me out are getting on top of me. Been really stressed at work lately and I'm not really sure what I'm going to do about work. I don't know whether to take time off during treatment because it is a really stressful place its just non stop. I don't want to tell my boss that I am having treatment because she isn't the most trusting person and I am sure she would tell everyone but at the same time I hate lying and everyone will want to know why I have been off. Did any of you take time off work? and what did you tell them?

My DH told his work that he was having an small op for the EC day and a follow up for the ET half day. It's harder for the ladies as you're doing the drugs and gota recover etc. You could say the same or if you want a couple of weeks off maybe use holiday if you have any? seems a shame to do that tho as you are allowed to have time off for this type of thing but it does mean telling your boss! doh!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->