IVF/ICSI/FET OCTOBER "4 LEAF CLOVER" CYCLE-Anyone joining me?*** UPDATES ON PAGE 1***

:witch: got me too this morn Britt :gun: :grr: :growlmad: i've not had a drink since Aug 1st, but thought f*** it, i'm having one or two this eve - and why not ;)

hope you ladies are all doin good x x x x

wrighty - loving the four leaf clover penny - could be the effigy we need on this thread!!!!!!

so, POA for us - one natural cycle (may do the deed around "that time" but not symptom spot this time ( yeah, right....), then start oestrogen tabs orally at the start (well, cd2) of next AF (eta - 23rd Sept, start tabs 24th) and then blasto transfer how-ever-many-days-later depending on womb lining (cd 11-15 i think???? (3rd - 7th oct ish). In the meantime, acupuncture starts w/c 6th sept, once a week right up until test date.

if that's not a winning formula, then straight back on it for last blasto transfer in nov.

lots of love ladies, as always

x x x x x x

hello ladies

hope your all well

britt - sorry AF got you hun. hope you enjoy your drinks with friends tonight. :hugs: xx

im having a nice relaxing weekend so far. i dont plan on doing much tomorrow either. hoping i get a call next week about when my drugs will be getting dropped off. really do have a feeling they are going to put me on the short protocol as they got so many eggs from me on the long one. well i hope i know soon i hate waiting for things :haha::haha:

:dust::hug: xxxxx

Wrighty - I love those pennies. My DD always gets a pressed penny wherever we go out for the day! And 4 leaf clover as well. All good x

Britt and mrs f- sorry about the witch :( but glad to see plans are rolling!

I won't be around much in the next two weeks as im off on me jollies (lol) but I really wish everyone ultimate success while I'm gone and look forward to catching up when I get back xxx

sorry MrsF didnt see your post

sorry AF showed her ugly face hope you have a nice few drinks tonight. good luck with your nxt cycle fx-ed you wont need your FET hun

:dust::hug: xx

lol, no worries wrighty :thumbup: x x x i think the whole ltttc is all centred around the waiting and it sucks!!!!! i'd have thought i'd be more patient by now, but somehow i think i'm less!!!!!!

have a top holiday Sammy, we'll miss your updates, but will look forward to them all when you get back x x x

my update - cd2, which also marks the 2nd day of no smoking. chillin today (watching dvds and reading) as Zita West mentioned something about reducing exercise during AF as energy is needed elsewhere (well, that's how i interpreted it anyway...;) ) don't think i've got it in me for a natural try this month, i think i'm just gonna focus on the FET mid oct. i shall be drinking lots of rooibus tea (more anti-oxidants than green tea allegedly, and good for depression and mild anxiety) - it's really nice actually!!! caffeine free and very drinkable. Food today will be spinach soup i made ages ago that's in the freezer (and will save me prep time!!!) full of iron rich stuff.

i may follow it all up this afternoon with a spot of visualisation. pma pma pma.

have a lovely day ladies x x x x

Thanks everyone !!

Mrs f - don't worry I'm sure I'll have lots of interesting holiday updates when I'm back! Ha ha !!

Xxx

Hey can I join
I start HRT drugs tomorrow 1st injection 22nd sept ec around 4th Oct Its my first time and we are having icsi and I am on short protocol. have been reading about egg collection , my clinic doesn't sedate but they give you painkiller( up the bum apparently lovely...not) and temazapam- anyone any experience of this?? starting to get nervous now- I am travelling to have treatment so will be away from home for bout 3 weeks.I am sure I will be on asking all sorts of questions when it all kicks off. good luck to everyone xx

hello ladies

MrsF - i know what you mean i was very patient when all this first started but no i have none and the waiting just drives me crazy. im now wainting for a phone call off the drugs company to tell me when my drugs will be getting dropped off hows the 2nd day of no smoking going? xxx

Sammy - wish i was going somewhere nice, hot and sunny have a lovely time and look forward to hearing from you when you get bk xxx

AFM - well im resting my foot i knocked a glass paper weight on it this morning. nothing broken as i can move my toes but badly bruised :( ive always been a bit accident prone but ouch it hurt. hubby put an ice pack straight on it which does seem to have helped and hes now doing all the house work for me he is a good hubby lol

hope everyone else is ok :dust::hug: xxx

Hey can I join
I start HRT drugs tomorrow 1st injection 22nd sept ec around 4th Oct Its my first time and we are having icsi and I am on short protocol. have been reading about egg collection , my clinic doesn't sedate but they give you painkiller( up the bum apparently lovely...not) and temazapam- anyone any experience of this?? starting to get nervous now- I am travelling to have treatment so will be away from home for bout 3 weeks.I am sure I will be on asking all sorts of questions when it all kicks off. good luck to everyone xx

hi qlitterqueen and welcome. good look with your cycle hun. im sure we can help with any questions you may have. my hospital do use sedation so im not much help with you on that sorry. xxx

hi glitterqueen, welcome! Ask away cherub, a few of us have been through the at least one fresh IVF/ICSI procedure so between us all we should be able to help you out. I had a sedation with both my EC and transfer, so i guess i'm not much use there either!!! can i be cheeky and ask where you're travelling to??? (please dont feel obliged to answer if you'd rather not x x x)

wrighy, "clean-day 2" as i'd now like to call it (do you like what i've done there!!!!!) is clearly affecting my brain...... it's not going too bad thankyou mate. Have had a few wee cravings, but not as bad as it has been in the past. I think in my heart of hearts i know i have to nail it this time, it's obviously not helping my fertility, and i cant go on how i am. We've given up before but started again after our unsuccessful ICSI last year. I chose this cycle to give up to help me visualise my womb getting "clean and ready" for this AF and next AF, ready for the FET, so after 2 AF's, they'll be no toxins, or traces in the womb to put the wee bean off from sticking. Crazy logic, but it works for me in my head :)

i hope your foot gets better soon hun (and when it does, pretend it still hurts so DH can do more lovely things for you ... ;) )

x x x

Mrs F
I am going to Care in Sheffield- I am in Northern Ireland-did consider norway but flights were not available but Sheffield specialize in older birds lol

Hey girls how are you doing? its going to be a little quiet on this thread I think with Sammy travelling...

I have a question for you- IVF is all very new and overwhelming for me but what is the difference between the "short protocol" and "long protocol"
also does a fresh embryo transfer have a better success rate than the frozen? or is it the other way around typically?

thanks
:hugs:

Hey girls how are you doing? its going to be a little quiet on this thread I think with Sammy travelling...

I have a question for you- IVF is all very new and overwhelming for me but what is the difference between the "short protocol" and "long protocol"
also does a fresh embryo transfer have a better success rate than the frozen? or is it the other way around typically?

thanks

hi hun

im looking after the thead while sammys away so hope it wont be too quiet

with short protocol you dont down reg. you just start stims on day one of your cycle then you have EC before ov time so its very short

long procotol you start down reg about day 23 of your cycle for about 2 weeks then start stims for around 10 - 14 days some are different i have heard of ladies going on BCP for a few weeks before down reg but they dont do that at my hospital.

at my hospital fresh transfer has 35% chance of working where as frozen transfer has 17% chance of working. different hospitals have different %s but fresh is better.

xx

Hi Britt hun. Wish you had a journal I could stalk. I was wondering the exact same things!!!! :shrug:

Thanks Wrighty!!! Very informative. Wishing you all the best in your next try!!!

thanks isi good luck with your pre-ivf assessment and your cycle

:dust::hugs: xx

thanks

hi hun

with short protocol you dont down reg. you just start stims on day one of your cycle then you have EC before ov time so its very short

long procotol you start down reg about day 23 of your cycle for about 2 weeks then start stims for around 10 - 14 days some are different i have heard of ladies going on BCP for a few weeks before down reg but they dont do that at my hospital.

at my hospital fresh transfer has 35% chance of working where as frozen transfer has 17% chance of working. different hospitals have different %s but fresh is better.

xx

thanks hon, much appreciated. Sorry I am going to sound really dense, but what do you mean "you start down reg"...lol, sorry such a newbie at this!!
Our clinic claims 65-70% success rate in early 30's with IVF (even higher if you are in your 20's)....not sure how accurate it is but its all private so we have to pay close to $15,000 out of our own pocket for 1 shot!!! can you believe those costs...yikes, hope it works..

thanks

hi hun

xx

thanks hon, much appreciated. Sorry I am going to sound really dense, but what do you mean "you start down reg"...lol, sorry such a newbie at this!!
Our clinic claims 65-70% success rate in early 30's with IVF (even higher if you are in your 20's)....not sure how accurate it is but its all private so we have to pay close to $15,000 out of our own pocket for 1 shot!!! can you believe those costs...yikes, hope it works..

its ok hun down regging is when they give you drugs to shut down your ovaries so they have better control over them. its just like the menopause but brought on by the drugs. i had really bad hot flushes my friend said i looked like a tomato :haha::haha::haha::haha:

it is very costly fx-ed it works first time for you hun and cant believe your sucess rates would love my hospital to have a high % like that although the %s on the website are from 2006/07 so probably is more now xxxx

thanks

hi hun

xx

its ok hun down regging is when they give you drugs to shut down your ovaries so they have better control over them. its just like the menopause but brought on by the drugs. i had really bad hot flushes my friend said i looked like a tomato :haha::haha::haha::haha:

lol!!!! :rofl: thats too funny....thanks
I wonder if its a good thing that I am going in completely blind...lol, dont know what I'm in for!!

i laugh about it now but wasnt funny at the time. im so hoping im on the short protocol this time although it was in may my last fresh cycle and it was very warm so that didnt help lol

Hey Wrighty,
thanks for all the info :)

Okay so I have an update, I got a call from the fertility clinic just now, they are going to go ahead with the unmedicated IUI for me this month but they said they may call me later this week to offer me "IVF treatment" agghh...
but I guess my FS put me on a more stimulating protocol where I have to be on BCP for 21 days with my next period....and then I get stimulated after that I guess... My FSH was 10, so right on the border for needing this protocol I guess, but he didnt want to take any chances.
so it sounds like I wouldnt have the actual IVF until like late Oct/Nov.
does anyone know about this protocol or have had it?

thanks so much

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back