• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

IVF/ICSI in Aug/Sept/Oct Updates on 1st page!

Oooo not long then doodar. Whats immune treatment? Whats involved? Sorry if its a silly question lol.

so have you already had your bloods ect done??

my next appt is to have my bloods done, they were suppose to do them on my initial consulatation but because they found a cyst they didnt bother nd said they would do em once the cyst was gone, so i think its only that and probs some more paper work lol then hopefully ill atleast get an estimated start date :D xx

Princess- Yes we have had all the tests done in may so going to get all results and start date at this consulation so cant wait! VERY excited as waited so long for this. Well done for getting your blood appt and i hope u can start soon! x

Delly- I know some clincs offer the sniffer but i think il prefer injections myself as i cant stand headaches an can be worse with sniffer. I would obviously do whatever it takes tho ;-) good luck x

Sambatiki- PIE will soon come around and then its all systems go! u get a stack of paperwork to fill out and it makes it all seem real at last! x

Traskey- Good luck for cons appt tomorrow! is it the appt following PIE to get your results etc or needles appt? x

Hi to Tinks, Magpies and everyone else and hope u are all enjoying nice weather! summer is here at last! yaay xxx

Only 8 days intill consultant appt and i am beyond excited but have a lot planned so should come around quickly now xx

Hello ladies :wave:

It's really an exciting time for us all!!

We have our info evening tomorrow, and I have my first acupuncture Friday! I'm really looking forward to it!

Good luck 4m & Trask tomorrow! :hugs:
xxxxxx

Good luck tomorrow Zowie. Hope the evening is really helpfull for you :thumbup:

AQ - your appointment will be here before you know it.

Zowiey- Enjoy your info evening! we found it very intresting and makes the process all seem real once you get your consent forms etc :) x

Tinks- Yep it will soon be here! cnt believe that things are actually going to start happening at last! weird feeling! lol x

Right girls im off to bed so good luck to those with appts tomorrow and nite nite xxx

Oooo not long then doodar. Whats immune treatment? Whats involved? Sorry if its a silly question lol.

Sorry I just edited my post I put delly's name twice instead of yours.:hugs:

Immune treatment is where they supress the immune system to stop it fighting off the embryo. The body see's the embryo as a foreign object (a group of cells similar to cancer cells) and it fights it off, ie: killing it resulting in miscarriage. Lots of blood tests about 14-18 vials and they get sent to chicago, depending on what the results come back with, depends which drugs you need. It's all very scary and I've put a few quotes from the info in my journal if you want to have a read. It has put me off, but I know lots of women have had huge success with immune treatment. I'm just a wimp and too scared.

Sounds very intense and scary stuff. Fx for September then :thumbup:

good luck for tomorrow trask, everyones appointments will soon come round :) xx

Morning Ladies

It is Buseline that i will be sniffing with, i have a baseline scan on the 23rd Aug and if everything ok looking for ET on 5th Sept.

I am bloated now with out taking any maed (well that is my excuse anyway), as due for a fitting for my wedding dress next week i need to make sure i choose one that will allow for growth if i was successful.

Dee x

Delly, sorry about the bloating. How exciting about your dress fitting :happydance: You had better prepare to make room for 2 :winkwink:

Good luck today Traskey.

Have any ladies on here read Zita West's book on assisted conception? Thinking of giving it a go :thumbup:

Delly, sorry about the bloating. How exciting about your dress fitting :happydance: You had better prepare to make room for 2 :winkwink:

Good luck today Traskey.

Have any ladies on here read Zita West's book on assisted conception? Thinking of giving it a go :thumbup:

Hello! Yeah I have that book-it's very good I recommend it!x

I have the Zita West assisted conception and it's very useful!

Thanks everyone for the good wishes. Looks like tomorrow is a busy day for some of us. Becca, good luck with the HSG. Will update later. Zowiey, enjoy the PIE :D

It went really well :dance: Our consultant was really nice (and has a wicked sense of humour about sunloungers and towels :haha: He is German and I didn't tease him, it was his nursing colleague!)

We have a baseline scan and trial embryo transfer booked in for the 9th as well as another SA for DH. Then it's our consent consultation and off we go.

They were really helpful and have managed to let us start end Aug/September so that I can get everything done before work gets manically busy. Drugs are starting around the 21st August and collection around 16th September!

:wohoo:

Becca, how was the HSG and Zowiey, how was the PIE?

Wow thats really good and quick Traskey. You must be thrilled :thumbup: Makes all the difference having a nice cons as well doesn't it?

That's amazing Trask, its great that they were so helpful. Hope you are all ok. Things seem to be happening for all of us now!

I haven't been onto the thread for a few days, work and all. It moves so fast!

DH banked his first batch today which they managed to get three vials out of. The numbers were similar, but DH didn;t ask for an actual figure. Typical man! It froze perfectly and the motile and healthy sperm all survived the test thaw which is amazing. He'll be banking again next week and the week after to make sure that we have loads to use, just incase.

Thanks Tinks. It really does help. I've never met a consultant that was that personable tbh. Usually they are fairly aloof!

That is fantastic news Wifey. I am so pleased that the freeze and thaw had no detrimental effects on the :spermy: You'll have a nice bank of them ready for when your eggs are ready :dance:

Must be good to finally have dates. I cant wait until I know when we will be starting for sure.

Traskey- Glad your appt went so well and u can start so fast! wow x

Wifey- FAB news! x

Magpies- How are u doing? hope all ok lovely x

Tinks- I feel same as u. Want a start date so i can plan with work etc x

Is anyone taking time off for treatment and telling work? as i work in a very busy enviroment which is manic busy in sep/oct i am going to get signed off for a mth as they will not accomodate so much time off and i dont want them to know im having treatment so will say its recovery from gyne procedure and leave it at that.
I want to give this the best shot ever and be able to relax instead of stressing over work xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->