• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

IVF/ICSI in Aug/Sept/Oct Updates on 1st page!

AQ, I am not telling work for a couple of reasons. Our clinic recommends taking the day of egg collection and the next day of due to the anaesthetic. I wouldn't be able to get more time off than that, although it would be nice. I understand what you mean though about wanting to give it the best shot possible.

Morning Peeps

Sorry Ive been MIA for a couple of days.

Trask - Glad you like Dr Becker he's really nice isnt he. Really hoping I get him as my consultant... or Mr Tim Childs himself. Thats WONDERFUL youve got your dates so soon! Im starting to wonder if I just go and get my CD3 and CD21 bloods done this cycle so that they have got a recent set? Really thrilled (and jealous) that youre starting so soon! :yipee:

Wifey - Congrats on the banking news! :yipee:

Mags - Hope all went well with the HSG :flower:

Zow - How was the PIE?

Doodar - Good luck with the next fresh cycle. I must admit Im not clued up about immunes. I know that a couple of girls took steriods I think when they got their :bfp: I think that was with a study with Prof Q?

Delly - Hope that the sniffing isnt too bad :hugs: Will you share wedding dress piccies?

AQ - Im not entirely sure but due to me potentially being made redundant on wednesday Im going to take a temping job so that I can have as much time off as I want iygwim.

Tinks - Sorry to hear AF arrived.

Schoolteacher & Princess - Hope you are well.

I really hope I havent missed anyone, if I have Im sorry.

Hello ladies,
Trask you must be so excited to have dates and they are not far...!!! Do all clinics do a mock transfer???

AQ i will be taking the two weeks sick that they can sign you off for, my work knows all about it cause i work in a pharmacy and theres certain medication i cant handle..

Wifey congrats on the banking

Delly hope the sniffing gets easier

Mags hope Hsg went well

Tinks i hear you on the AF.. we've got to this point cause we're not getting there on our own, yet we still hold onto the hope of a miracle..:hugs:

Morning everyone :kiss:

AQ - I just plan on taking time off for appointments and working as much as possible. My work is giving me some time but i have to take a chunk of it out of my own leave. I am gratefull for the time they are giving me but it doesn't seem fare as when you are pregnant you get all the time you want for the slightest of problems. The guidlines see fertility treatment the same as plastic surgery :shrug:. I am goin to take time off from about a week before OTD. I work in an office though and will do my best to be under as little stress as possible.

Looplew, thats just how I feel :hugs: If we dont "try" anymore I will feel like we have given up totally on nature :hugs::hugs:

Magpie - hope you are resting up after HSG :thumbup:

How did the PIE go Zowie???

Hi Sam and Traskey, hope you are both well :hugs:

Off shopping today, Saturday morning in Blackpool in the summer holidays!! I must be mad :haha:

hiyaa girls!!

sorry ive been MIA, weve been down to london for our appointment and been quite busy too,

blood went well, other then they took 8 whole vials!! i felt well drained after :haha:

they said they will be ringing with the results in a couple of days, quite nervous tbh :shrug:

im just slightly confused as to the next step now :blush:, i know they said about once the bloods and the rest of the paper work is done we can start planning, but plannning for what?? i feel really uninformed :nope: , not by the clinic but compared to you ladies i feel like i havent read up enough or informed myself but theres nothing on the internet that tells you the exact process because every cycles different,

im hoping when they ring in a few days with the results they will tell me whats the next step :thumbup:

hope everyone is well,

xx

Must be good to finally have dates. I cant wait until I know when we will be starting for sure.

Ditto!

Trask -pleased it went well!
Not much happening with me currently on cd46! so flippin annoying! this is the longest cycle I have had in ages! xx

Princess - they do take loads of blood dont they :dohh:

It is all over whelming. Has the clinic given you any info on the IVF/ICSI process? We didn't get all our info until after our bloods and scan result were back, they came with the next letter for cons appointment. There is another forum called fertility freinds and they have quite a good detailed guide, explanes a lot, might be worth taking a look.

Schoolteacher - have you ov'd yet? How long are your cycles normally? Sorry your cycle is messing you around. Whats your next step? :hugs:

Schoolteacher - have you ov'd yet? How long are your cycles normally? Sorry your cycle is messing you around. Whats your next step? :hugs:

My cycles used to be up to 60 ish days so I was kinda skipping a month each time. Then over time they started coming down to 40 ish then to 32-36 ish days. However all this time i didn't know I had pcos-I just found out in July. This cycle is now on cd47-I don't think I have oved. I have stopped doing temps and opks now as doesn't seem any point with pcos and only 27 sperm being found in dh's last test, there is next to no chance of a natural bfp tbh! (also only one of the 27 sperm was moving-well twitching!)
Now waiting to start icsi with egg sharing!

How far along are you with the egg sharing? Have you been to your clinic?

Sorry you seem to have so much against you :hugs::hugs:

the only thing is in normal circumstances i know the next step would be working out when to start the cycle and being taught how to inject etc ( i did a little research last night :haha:)

but im not sure what the next step is with egg sharing :shrug: i THINK we have to wait now until they pair us with some one and then sort out drugs/cycles etc but i literally have noo idea

tinks - we have had all the info on the ivf process but not alot on the egg sharing process, obviously they said about being paired and regulating cycles and what not but not in which order, i think ill be ringing them monday, i do feel very confused :haha:

xx

I have decided to take a mth and will get my GP to sign me off from when i start stimms as its unpredictable when scans/bloods etc are needed and it is our busiest time in work in sep/oct so not willing to risk not getting time off as they dont allow when its busy.
Also i want to be off intill i get to OTD as i know i would not be able to cope with work in the 2ww. I just want to give ourselves the ultimate chance for this to work as it would mean so much for my mum to see our babies scans etc xxx

Evening everyone

Sorry for the MIA, it's been a couple of busy days!

I am still waiting on the witch. I'm 3 days late! I am never late, often early, but i did a Clearblue test this morning and it's negative so it seems my body is just messing me about when I really don't need it to.

I think most clinics do a mock transfer. Mine is doing it as part of an internal scan. I can't help on the egg sharing but they did give us some info on the sperm sharing scheme. Saves you £2000 a cycle.

Princess - Good luck tomorrow, I hope you get some answers, must so confusing :hugs::hugs:

AQ - I think we have to do whats best and if thats what you need than go for it :thumbup: I think I would go insane having that much time off personaly, I would rather be busy and carry on as normal the best I can. It depends on peoples jobs though and what works best for that person. Hope you have no problems getting signed off :hugs::hugs:

Traskey - sorry witch is messing you around and for the BFN :hugs:

As far as I know my clinic dont do mock transfers :shrug:

AFM - we still havent gotten the results from the test thaw so I think I may call the clinic tomorrow and check whats gone on. Dreading having to call myself though.

Aww :hug:

For someone who talks all day I hate phones too. I get my DH to do it :haha:

Thanks. He would do it and offers too but I am such a control freak and think he will forget something or miss understand someting :haha:

Hi, ladies! :hi: Do you mind if I join you? I'll be starting my first ivf round late August or beginning of September. I've had all the tests, and the lap showed damaged tubes, so doc says our only option is ivf. Excited and nervous...not sure what to expect.

How far along are you with the egg sharing? Have you been to your clinic?

Sorry you seem to have so much against you :hugs::hugs:

Thank-you.

With the egg sharing we are just waiting for the last of the blood tests to come back-hiv, hep b, etc. We also have a mandatory counselling session on friday. I have been put on bcp so that as soon as they find a recipient for my eggs they will call me up and tell me when to stop taking it so I get a period. Then when our cycles are in sync, we will do a short protocol and half the eggs collected are given to the other lady. All the forms are already filled out-I had to write about myself in case the donor concieved child wants to read it when they get to 18!
I'm guessing the next time I go into the clinice will be when they have found a recipient and so to find out about the injections etc.

What's happening with you? I hope when you ring the clinic you have good news!x

Hi girls,

Think you ladies who are egg sharing are so so brave, I take my hat off to you.

Trask so sorry af hasn't shown yet. Why is it our bodies play up when we least want them too.:hugs:

Tinks my clinic didn't do a mock transfer either. Good luck making that phone call hun and I pray its good news :thumbup:

AQ I've tried it every which way. First time I took a month off for treatment and went back to work about a week after my bfp but that didn't work out. Second time I went back to work a week after transfer and that didn't work out either. Third time I went straight back to work and that didn't work. So I've tried them all and I was convinced I had the miscarriages because of stress at work. So short of leaving work all together, there isn't much more I could have done. You have to do whats best for you hun and what is going to give you the best peace of mind.:hugs:

Hi Rosababy welcome to the thread. Good luck in your upcoming cycle. You'll be fine hun it's no where near as bad as you expect it to be. It's certainly a rollercoaster of emotions but it's exciting too. :thumbup:

thanks tinks,

hiya rosababy, ive got blocked tubess too, hope your ivf journey runs smoothly :D

xx

Just confirmed, my FS appointment is on the 1st of September! I am excited about it but have to start preparing myself to decrease stress and eating healthier :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->